Semoball

High School Football Forum: Touchdown Top 10 Pre-Season Rankings

Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 4:35 PM:

We are only two days and change away from the return of high school football under the Friday night lights and I know we are all excited for it! No one more so than Cheesehead, BuckMajor, and me as we look forward to another season of "Touchdown Top 10"! I was glad to see that some of you are looking forward to it again this season as evidenced by Boogin77's thread yesterday asking about it.

The three of us started this unofficial Semoball poll last season and it was very well received. It sparked plenty of good discussion about high school football here in Semo and that was the point. Plus, the three of us (affectionately nicknamed "the bar-be-que boys" by cirithungol17) have a blast with it!

So we have put our collective heads together via e-mails this week and put together a preseason version of "Touchdown Top 10." I won't go into any details as to why we put some teams where we did because, frankly, we were just guessing in some cases! All you can really base a pre-season poll on is recent history, returning starters, number of starters lost to graduation and injuries, coaching staffs, school size, and a little football knowledge and common sense.

I might just say a word about our coverage area. Last season, we decided to make Farmington our northern border (because they play in the SEMO North conference), Poplar Bluff our western border, and the Bootheel our southern border. That roughly parallels KFVS's sports coverage too, so that's our definition of "Semo." So we include a few teams that Semoball doesn't officially cover, like Farmington, Fredericktown, Park Hills Central, Valle Catholic, and Ste. Genevieve. Those schools also have plenty of posters on Semoball. Somewhat arbitrary, yes, but we did put some thought into it.

That said, here is your "Touchdown Top 10 Pre-Season Poll." We won't post our next set of rankings after Week 3 of the season so as to have a large enough sample size to post a reasonable poll.

Let us know what you think in your comments below. We always welcome the feedback, whether good or bad.

1. Cape Central

2. Jackson

3. Park Hills Central

4. Valle Catholic

5. Sikeston

6. Ste. Genevieve

7. Kennett

8. Malden

9. Poplar Bluff

10. Caruthersville

On the Bubble: East Prairie and Portageville.

Thanks for reading and commenting! See you after Week 3 for the next edition of "Touchdown Top 10"!

Replies (108)

We need to brace ourselves for the comments that will be coming from Valle catholic fans! (Because they are at #4!)

BTW, I thought Valle looked outstanding at the jamboree!

-- Posted by zachattack II on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 5:32 PM
  • That's a tough loss for Valle, Bleed, but they had a similar injury last season and overcame it, so I expect Valle will be just fine.

BTW, Bleed, church business is taking me out of town this weekend, so I will have to take a rain check on supper Friday night. Sorry about that!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 6:05 PM
  • Valle should have a great year this year, along with PHC and SG.

But, The only way any of the smaller schools should ever be ranked above Cape or Jackson would be if these larger schools are obviously worse. Being a state contender in class 4 and 5 is a way bigger difference than being one in class 1,2,3.

No disrespect to any of the schools in 1,2 or 3.

-- Posted by Kzar on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 6:16 PM

Wow. Didn't know they lost their RB for the season. Terrible.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 8:14 PM
  • Thank you Bleed. Safe travels to you as well. I hope the Bearcats give the Dragons a run for their money!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 9:27 PM
  • Can't argue with this for week one. A lot more will come to fruition Friday night.

-- Posted by TheHasBeen on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 10:14 PM
  • Valle has no bussiness being 4, I think they should be 6th behind Sikeston and SG.

-- Posted by Jesco White on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 12:54 AM
  • Boost, until Valle beats SG in the next couple weeks?

-- Posted by mojo3 on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 6:48 AM
  • Looks like a good list.

-- Posted by bench warmer on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 8:23 AM
  • Well done as usual, no beefs from my neck o da woods!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 9:57 AM
  • Already writing off the Warriors, that's great!

And wasn't even their starting RB. It was their 1B RB I guess you could say. Same guy who was in and out of the lineup all year last year due to injuries and we all know how they finished. Think they will be just fine.

But that week 2 matchup at STG will be a dandy I believe. Should be fun!

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 10:54 AM
  • Kennett dreams of being over Malden again. They might give a little resistance but I dont believe they are stronger and will fall short. Only reason some of Malden's starters this year didnt score a huge number of TDs last year is because they were sharing. Now certain players will just end up with more, especially if they play the whole game.

-- Posted by fooseball rocks on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 11:09 AM
  • Believe me, Squeak, no one is writing Valle off. They're the prohibitive favorite to win it all in Class 1 again.

Mesmer, Coach Pixley had really turned Kennett's program around. Will they be as good as everyone thinks they can be? Time will tell. It all depends on if Wilson can stay healthy.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 11:41 AM
  • No way Kennett should be above malden

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 12:33 PM
  • I would also put Valle #2 until i see otherwise

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 12:40 PM
  • No point to put a Class 1 school over class 5 competitor.

PHC will be challenged to repeat another good season with losing so much.

Cape Central will most likely do well on the east side of the state and maybe even another sacrificial offering to WC.

The SG-Valle game in week 2 will probably be game of the week (if you consider SG county semo).

Bleed might have a fun year of puffing his chest, barring any major injuries.

Excited to see how Kennett does this year, interesting Malden fell so much.

-- Posted by blackNgold007 on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 1:07 PM
  • What's the deal with everyone busting this bleed green guy's cahones? Am I missing something here?

-- Posted by TheHasBeen on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 1:11 PM
  • My thing is this.....

Malden will fall off some but instead of beating team 77-6 or 70-0 they will beat them 48-14

40-6... still very very good.

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 1:18 PM
  • You gotta be new here. Only way anyone would ever ask that. BG is fair game for all, lol.

-- Posted by Kzar on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 1:21 PM
  • Yea, I'm new to this site. I haven't seen anything from him yet to warrant ball busting! But if Sainte Genevieve is as good as I think they will be, he will have quite a bit to brag about with his team.

-- Posted by TheHasBeen on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 3:24 PM
  • mojo, Valle also lost their best wr in the show me bowl. They will need him to beat SG. He is a bigger loss than the rb. VC also have a young unproven line, that will hurt until they get some games under their belts. VC/SG game should be a good one tho. I don't care how good a class 1 school is, they don't compete with a good class 3 and up! Stop drinking the cool-aid

-- Posted by Jesco White on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 5:51 PM
  • Was Ste. Gen and Potosi any good last year?

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 5:53 PM
  • I agree with BG

-- Posted by Jesco White on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 6:24 PM
  • SG will be bigger, stronger, and faster than last yr. Whether they can get the "winning attitude" back will be the question. There also might be a conflick between OFF coord and DF coord, remains to be seen, these stories always come out toward the end of seasons.

-- Posted by Jesco White on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 6:29 PM
  • CONFLICT, sorry

-- Posted by Jesco White on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 6:30 PM
  • Caruthersville should be ahead of Malden in the rankings

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 7:11 PM
  • curious to hear your reasoning kennett fan

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 8:17 PM

What games will be on what radio stations? If I'm not mistaken, Dexter should be on KDEX 102.3, Jackson should be on 104.7, Cape should be on 100.3 I think. Who will be on ESPN radio 92.9? Are they the Sikeston carrier this year? Who's on J98 98.5 and AM 800 KREI?? If I'm wrong or missing any, please correct me, so everyone who doesn't get to go to the games know where to tune in.

-- Posted by cker23 on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 9:08 PM
  • Caruthersville isn't better than Malden at this point. Malden has last season over Caruthersville right now. Unless C'ville turbos this first game and Malden gets 60 put on them, then you'd have some pull on that statement.

-- Posted by TheHasBeen on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 9:19 PM

Kennett Fan don't really believe his own statement. That was made out of frustration because someone else posted that Kennett shouldn't be above Malden. The truth stings so he's just venting. It will be alright tomorrow.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 9:57 PM
  • PHC will be on KREI 800 am and I believe North County will be on J98.

-- Posted by Crazydog on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 10:22 PM

Malden has to be ranked above Caruthersville. They've wont the last two games against the Tigers and has earned that right. I think this year though the games will be much closer. C2D1 will be fun to watch this year. Hope everyone has a great season and good luck to all local teams tomorrow night.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 10:49 PM
  • You hit the nail on the head JustSpeakingTheTruth!

-- Posted by JustTalkinSEMO on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 11:27 PM
  • Anxious to see how Cape does on defense. I knew they lost some talent but didn't know they lost 9 starters on D. ( according to story on Semoball)

Will be interesting to see if they just reload , or struggle some. IF Cape can still get to the Dome after losing 9 starters on D......one of two things is true...

1 Either Cape is loaded..or....

2 The east side is as flat as day old beer.

Only time will tell

-- Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 9:24 AM
  • Fredericktown vs Kennett will be on J98 98.5 fm, NC is on J98 web tv and PHC will be on 1240 am KFMO and 800 am KREI

-- Posted by Crazydog on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 9:53 AM
  • Agree with headhunt on Cape. Think folks are putting a lot on Al Young. No doubt he is a very good football player and the number 6 prospect in the state but losing 9 starters on defense will be tough to replace. They'll have to score a lot of points early in the season to overcome that lack of experience on defense.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 10:09 AM
  • Headhunt: The defense did lose a lot, but returns two big pieces in Young and Chisom. They will be young but don't count them out. They can play and play well.

-- Posted by bench warmer on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 10:16 AM

That's what I don't get. They didn't lose 9. They also have coming back McClard who started at LB, and a big DL who started last year as well. So you can say 7 SR starters. Yes that will be a challenge but Harris at safety didn't start but he split time last year. I also heard they had a move in from Arizona who is a pretty good LB. And they were able to move Young to safety is because the new kid playing corner was doing very well. They got players. Heck they had to replace whole starting offensive line and 2000 yard rusher last year after their Semi-state season. I think they filled those holes adequately. Norman and staff has it going over there at Central. Excited for the season.

-- Posted by NewTigerFan on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 10:27 AM
  • I'm more interested in seeing who replaces braion Owens at RB. He was a beast but kind of got overshadowed by Al.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 11:07 AM
  • I have no doubt Cape will be ready to play.

It seems like just a few years back Jackson and Cape were battling it out to see who went 0-10

That worm sure turns .....

-- Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 1:02 PM
  • Malden did get two on Cville last year but Cville has been on top the past ten years or so. I think cville is better but it will be a good game in my opinion.

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 7:02 PM
  • Just as I thought. Central defense is WEAK. Parents need to stay off this site talking about how everything will be ok. NOT

-- Posted by crackerjack on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 7:19 PM

Park Hills Central is up 45-7 at half.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 8:24 PM
  • PHC is looking good. Up 45 to 7 at half over Sullivan. QB Jake Bridges is having a game. Has 5 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, a 30 yard field goal, a 60 yard punt to inside the 1 yard line and is 6 for 6 on extra points. 290 yards passing in first half.

-- Posted by Crazydog on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 8:39 PM

Scores, please. Thanks.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 8:56 PM
  • I had to leave the SG - Dexter game. I could not stand watching another flag being thrown. Somebody please tell that crew you dont have to find something to throw a flag on for every play. And SG looked very average at best.

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 9:00 PM
  • perryville 22 sumner 6, 4th q

-- Posted by Jesco White on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 9:15 PM
  • Time will tell next week! Hope everyone is healthy. No excuses.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 10:13 PM
  • You haven't seen many good corners then, Bleed.

-- Posted by Squeak on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 10:49 PM
  • PHC looked good tonight. I know it's early, but I would say Class 3, district 1 will be 3 horse race between PHC, Ste Gen And Kennett. Heard pius lost by a bunch to southern Boone.

-- Posted by Only facts on Fri, Aug 21, 2015, at 11:06 PM
  • Ste Gen and Dexter game was a flag fest. I bet SG had more penalty yards than total offense. You could tell it was the first game for the refs also. Hate to say it but the injury bug might have hit SG again. Hopefully SG can correct a bunch of their mistakes because Valle wont be so kind.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 12:03 AM
  • For all the talk of SG I thought Dexter played them tough for the 1st three quarters. Dexter was their own worst enemy with bad special teams and turnovers. Really thought SG looked average against a team who was playing a several young players and was missing a handful key players too.

-- Posted by Lead Blocker on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 12:20 AM
  • Malden 49-14 over NMCC, Eagles scored late on jv. Turbo clocked.

-- Posted by ONCE AH GREENWAVE on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 12:20 AM
  • Cape lost to vashon who was 3-7 last yr, heard young didn't play? What gives? I could speculate but that's no fun.

-- Posted by Hatershate on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 12:21 AM
  • Young was shook up in 2nd half, possible concussion . I herd that on the overtime show

-- Posted by ONCE AH GREENWAVE on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 12:56 AM
  • The game film on Hudl for Cape Central is already available and the thing that shoots out me first is that Cape's secondary did a terrible job at tackling. Vashon had enough individual athletes to overwhelm the Tigers. I said before that Cape has 8 seniors and 12 juniors on the roster and they played like that tonight. Young and inexperianced. Relied on Young a lot to make plays. Chism didn't look good throwing the ball and his best play was the INT that led to Cape's game tying score that forced OT. Vashon outworked CC's line and their secondary was awful.

Another thing is that Vashon played only 14 PLAYERS and dressed 22!

If Cape plays like this against St. Charles West and Sikeston then they will be 0-3.

-- Posted by STL Crusader on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 1:55 AM
  • Getting used to coaching style? They run the same defense and have the same man calling plays. So what can you get "used" to? And they had to have 5-8 personal foul calls. I'd bet a good chunk Valle catholic is gonna give it to SG

-- Posted by Coachken on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 3:04 AM
  • Kennett hasn't beaten Malden in what 6 or 7 years, Malden played in the semi's last year and beat Kennett w ease. The rationale is badly flawed on ranking them over Malden if logic is used at all. Pixley is predictable, he was at Dexter and he is at Kennett. He's a good coach, but not much for scheming offensively.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 7:31 AM
  • I don't think there's much logic in this poll anyway. First of all I think you should be ranked on how you do in your class. It's not feasible to think a 1or 2A school can compete with a 4 or 5A school .If you're a highly ranked 5A team, you're obviously going to beat a highly ranked 1A team... Imo, Valley should be ranked number one, they are the most dominant team in their class and hard to believe they could beat a very good class five school ! The way this poll is set up, it seems like the smaller schools get punished for being small!

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 8:19 AM

Hard to have an accurate poll before the season even starts. We came together, put out a list out best to our knowledge and shared with you guys. We're not saying our Top Ten is 100% accurate. Its tough to rank everyone before a game is even played. Its not punishing small school teams at all. I think everyone knows Vally is one of the best teams every year in SEMO, its no secret. We do this because it gives everyone something to talk about during the week, waiting for game day. Preach, Buck and myself enjoy doing it. Looking forward to next weeks rankings. Enjoy the day!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 10:52 AM
  • The only people that know anything about a particular program are the people that are tied to that particular program (ie. Players, coaches, and schools officials). Mobrigade, for you to say Coach Pixley is predictable is kind of out there. You have no idea what is going on in that program, and neither do I. But I do know that he took over a very bad football program and made it to the district title game in his second year.

Now I'm not putting my money on any team, because it's so unpredictable. Malden had an outstanding year last year, and yesterday proved that they could have the same success this year. And if that means being better than Kennett than so be it. But preseason rankings are just a guess, and nothing more. They mean absolutely nothing. So people, no reason to get butt hurt over a list that means nothing. (Drops the mic)

-- Posted by FilletMagnum on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 10:56 AM
  • I think it's funny how everyone is a high school football expert but can't even spell the high school correctly.

-- Posted by Squeak on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 11:19 AM

Sorry, I know its Valle but I was using my phone.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 11:28 AM
  • Cheese, I understand it's hard to be accurate on a preseason poll but my gripe is the smaller schools doesn't get a fair shake. I'm thinking you can make a pole kind of like they do in boxing. pound for pound who is the best fighter.. That way the smaller schools have a chance of being number one in the pole . For instants, last year Malden went undefeated in class two, dominated every team they played and never got to sniff number one! For their class size I feel like they where one of the best teams ranked on here but never could get past a team that was two or three classes bigger! I'm pretty sure it would also be a good conversation piece building up to that next Friday night

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 11:41 AM

The SEMO North race is going to be more interesting than previously thought, huh? Is C.C. a one trick pony this year? I understand that any inner city school is going to have athletes, but...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 11:57 AM

Can't speak much on this year yet because not enough games have been played to know but I can speak on last year some. Malden had some very good teams ranked above them last year. Jackson for one, who had probably the best team in the area other than Cape who beat them. Cape Central who was the best team in the area and made it all the way to the Dome. They actually gave Webb City some competition early on. Park Hills also was ranked above them as well. They went 12-1 and finally lost to JB. Not much to say on Valle Catholic. They're always going to be ranked very high until proven otherwise. Malden was ranked where they should have been last year. Teams like Jackson, Cape, and Park Hills played better teams than Malden last year. No fault to Malden at all but that's just the way it is. Caruthersville has been where Malden is now. The Tigers could never crack the top stop because of competition they played. Malden was and still is the best small school team NOT named Valle in SEMO until someone knocks them off.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 12:44 PM

Jackson getting destroyed by Battle 35-12

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 12:47 PM
  • I can agree with Cheese. Though Malden has dominated their schedule the past years, strength of opponent plays a big factor in ranking, and that's in any sport.

-- Posted by JustTalkinSEMO on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 1:10 PM

Battle defeats Jackson 42-20

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 1:32 PM
  • The point I'm trying to make is, there not supposed to beat the bigger schools.. Therefore the larger schools are always going to be ranked ahead of them. Their schedule will never be as tough as a larger school schedule .. I think at the end of the season last year you guys had Valley ranked number one finally. But I'm pretty sure they couldn't beat Cape head to head! So sometimes it seems like you guys rank them on who is the best overall and then sometimes you take other things in consideration like winning state..

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 1:33 PM
  • Valley looked like an avg Class 3 team at best in the Dome game. Thats a great accomplishment for a Class 1 team. Cape, Jax definitely woodve rolled them. But theyre supposed to.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 2:21 PM
  • I think Pixley's done a great job in Kennett, what I am referring to is the ranking rationale. I agree with Cheese though overall.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 2:28 PM

As far as the final rankings from last season goes. We pretty much had to give it to Valle because they were the only team to win the title. Of course in a head to head Jackson and Cape would have likely beat them but with with polls, there's just so many variables to take in to consideration. We realize we can't please everyone but we hope we put out the best poll to our knowledge. At least that gives everyone something to debate and talk about leading up to kickoff.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 2:44 PM
  • OK cheese thank you, just hope in future polls you guys don't penalize the small schools because I feel like that's pretty much what's happening during the season.Thank you for your comments.

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 3:01 PM
  • Heck make 2 polls top 5 small top 5 large = 10. Everyone happy problem solved. You're welcome.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 4:22 PM

Lol TFA. I like it! Haha

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 4:32 PM

TFA; I can dig it.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 5:22 PM

Mrs. TFA = 0 to 100, real quick...THAT MEANS SHES WAY UP!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 5:27 PM

Sounds simple enough but as you're well aware of, people will find something wrong with it lol.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 5:29 PM
  • It's a fun poll and y'all do a great job. Keep up the great work.

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 5:59 PM
  • Not really a poll but you know wwhat I mean

-- Posted by blue recruiter on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 6:00 PM
  • Just trying to help Cheese!! But it does make for a great discussion when people don't agree.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 6:38 PM
  • I can't speak for Cheese or Buck, but I don't think we unfairly punish small schools. Some of those who differ with our rankings believe that a small school should never be ranked above a large school. But that logic would have Valle at the bottom of our poll every week because they're the smallest football school in Semo. But anyone who knows anything about high school football in our area knows that Valle is consistently one of the best programs in Semo.

We had both Valle and Malden in our top 5 all season long last year. As Cheesehead rightly noted, Valle ended up being #1 in our final TT10. Both teams would've demolished most of the big schools in our area last season, teams like Poplar Bluff, Farmington, or Sikeston.

So school size is just one factor we weigh, along with strength of schedule, when you lose, who you lose to, records, head-to-head match-ups, state rankings, etc., etc., etc. We try to weigh all these factors against one another and come up with a reasonable Top 10.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 10:17 PM
  • Isn't Sainte Genevieve pretty young as well? Weren't most of the starters last year freshman and sophomores? An average Sainte Genevieve team is pretty darn good in my opinion. I was disappointed in both Fredricktown and Kennett last night. #25 for Kennett and #24 for Fredricktown were the only 2 players on the field. Whoever it was that said Fredricktown's qb could put up Faulkner numbers needs to give me what they're smoking. He had about as many completions as Kennett had td's.

-- Posted by TheHasBeen on Sat, Aug 22, 2015, at 10:20 PM
  • A question for the Valle fans: Who are the top players on the team with Stuppy sidelined?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Aug 23, 2015, at 9:14 PM

Tonight will reveal much more among these SEMO teams! I believe Cape Central will come out tough tonight. They were a bit relaxed last week. Jackson has to improve to win. Malden needs to focus and clean up some of the errors and penalties.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Aug 28, 2015, at 6:48 AM
  • Preach: Valle will be missing their All State WR and defensive captain Jaegers who had shoulder surgery this spring. Big loss in this game. The WR to watch on the field this week will be senior Oberle and JR Wood.

Of course senior QB Basler is a true dual threat to throw and run. He is legit. JR RB Huck solid. He would have got the ball alot even if Stuppy was on the field. On defense, its by committee with Jaegers out, but Naeger will have them in the right spots most of the time.

-- Posted by QuitCryin&PlayBall on Fri, Aug 28, 2015, at 8:07 AM
  • Thanks for the update, QC&PB. Good luck tonight vs. Ste. Gen.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Aug 28, 2015, at 9:12 AM
  • So boost, still think Valle belongs behind Ste Gen in this poll? The V beat down SG 51-22 and they called the dogs off at halftime. And that is without their #1 WR you mentioned in your post. Word is he will be back in a few weeks.

Not too many 3A teams would jump at the chance to take on this 1A squad.

-- Posted by QuitCryin&PlayBall on Fri, Aug 28, 2015, at 11:14 PM
  • I have a sneaking suspicion Valle will rise up the rankings in our first official poll!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Aug 28, 2015, at 11:16 PM
  • I heard the same thing QCPB. I heard around week 6 is the schedule week for him to be back.

-- Posted by Squeak on Fri, Aug 28, 2015, at 11:22 PM
  • Valle should be ranked 1 until further notice, that was a beat down, best team in the area! bar none!

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 2:08 AM

Valle has no bussiness being 4, I think they should be 6th behind Sikeston and SG.

-- Posted by boost on Thu, Aug 20, 2015, at 12:54 AM

LOL!!!!! Saturday mornings are always the most entertaining after reading all these expert posts for an entire week or two. LOL

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 7:15 AM
  • Exactly. That kool-aid is a heck of a lot easier to swallow than that pill........or their own foot.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 7:57 AM
  • This isn't a science, son.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 8:05 AM

Definitely not a science, but a little common sense and a tad bit of knowledge concerning what you're talking about goes a long way, SON! Some posters are posting merely based off their emotions.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 8:12 AM
  • Thats the only thing that makes sites like this any fun to visit. This isn't espn, kid. More like Romper Room.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 8:21 AM

Ok. You can stop with the kid jokes! LOL Keep living in your fantasy world! At least you can be a legend on SEMO BALL.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 8:24 AM
  • Oh ****. Lesson learned. My bad.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 9:12 AM
  • I honestly thought SG would win. I was wrong. That wasn't based on emotion. You boys need to get a life! These are just my opinions, never claimed to be an expert, never will. I'm just a fan, nothing more. Valle looked very sharp for a second game. Impressive, their coaching staff should be proud. They exploited SG weaknesses very well. Basler looks to be the top QB in the area if not the state. Chew on that then let me know how wrong I am!

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 11:38 AM

LOL!! Valle made you a believer!! Since you "honestly" thought that SG would win that just shows how much you really are NOT a fan! You're just a person that's hiding behind your handle hoping to guess a few games right and pretend you're a fan. Great job, Valle! You showed him! He'll never doubt you again!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 11:49 AM
  • That's the truth! I might have overlooked him, I hear he's impressive. See, wrong again! This is fun

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 11:50 AM
  • JustSpeakingTheTruth, never been wrong? How's that feel? Valle showed me! Never said they didn't have a great program, just thought they would lose to an above average class 3 team. But SG didn't look above average last night!

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 11:56 AM
  • how does thinking SG would win not make me fan? That's a dumb statement! But reading your post I expect nothing less

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 12:05 PM

Fans know a little something about what they are a fan of. That's all. Have a good weekend.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 12:08 PM
  • its just one game. I know it means a lot to the area for bragging rights. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean much. There is still yet a lot of games to play this year. Just hope the boys don't see all the negativity and take it to heart. SG will be fine.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 12:22 PM
  • JSTT, ever hear of an upset? I don't think last night was an upset, but I agree, SG has a lot of ball to play this year and this beat-down might help them a little. Good teams respond positively when they loose. They should come to practice Monday ready to work on the negatives. I think they will.

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 2:15 PM
  • don't forget the last time SG won it all they lost to valle that year. Im not saying they are going to the dome but just like boost said, good teams will respond positively to a loss. Hoping for their sake that they do.. friday night wasn't pretty..

-- Posted by ginger20 on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 9:52 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: