Semoball

High School Football Forum: Interesting Article

Posted by ESPN05 on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 2:06 PM:

Not knowing anything about the situation and simply reading the article....Sounds like to me the person in jail needs some bail money or needs drug money...Seems a little odd now that ur behind bars to bring up the incident.

Replies (29)

• Sad situation for sure. I would take your dislike for the school out of this and understand all the lives this probably ruined.

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 2:31 PM
  • Like I said i don't know who the person is was just reading the article...Sounds like you don't really know for sure so I wouldn't be speculating on a matter like this.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 2:45 PM
  • This is low Bleed , this doesn't need to be brought up in this forum.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 4:02 PM
  • Perfectly said Coachken. ESPN05 please take consideration for the victim. Bleed you are better than this.

-- Posted by STE GEN on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 7:42 PM
  • Bleed will do what it takes rip at Valle. He cuts down a Valle basketball player a couple weeks ago on the basketball forum and now this. I can't believe he's allowed on this site.

-- Posted by bunthimover on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 8:59 PM
  • Look if this is a lawsuit and an article in the Post Dispatch then I think this is fair game for public discussion.

Apparently all the fine upstanding folk in Ste Gen have been discussing it, and I'm sure twisting the facts based on either their allegiance or dislike of the school.

As far as him putting down a Valle basketball player. Come on! He just said the kid was not an all stater or something to that degree. The kid is a good player, I'd love to have him on my team - BUT he does have his flaws.

You Valle people need to grow some thicker skin.

-- Posted by earnedit on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 9:40 PM
  • Well when I read the thread topic I had no idea the story was gonna be about this particular episode. Thought it was something different.

In addition to STL Post online, it made the Suntimesnews in good old Ste Gen fellas so lets take it easy on bleed. It will be in the Herald the following week too. So those effected will have to deal with this again.

Lets just say its good yall have your new parish center because this is the other shoe finally dropping on this incident and the Archdiocese better settle this one; cause they will lose their butts if they choose to go to court.

Very interesting when you suspect something for so long and then something like this comes to light and everything makes perfect sense.

Somethings gentlemen, cannot, and should not be swept under the floor just to maintain a reputation.

The news link (from the local news website); - like it or not this is news:

http://www.suntimesnews.com/stegen/news/2015/08-August/0807former.htm

-- Posted by earnedit on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 10:42 PM
  • Bleed did nothing wrong. Public information. Public forum.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 10:56 PM
  • Hang in there Bleed! So far ur resisting any Valle digs haha. I know its tuff but ur hangin in there!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Aug 7, 2015, at 11:08 PM
  • I know the information is going to hit all the newspapers in the area, however there is one reason way Bleed posted it in front of bunch of sports junkies from semo. The intent was to, and only to "smear". Really low.

Ste Genevieve is a great small town to grow up in, raise a family in, but it is divided, divided by the animosity between the two schools. The post was truly an example of that. Really sad.

-- Posted by bunthimover on Sat, Aug 8, 2015, at 7:31 AM
  • Your funny.

-- Posted by bunthimover on Sat, Aug 8, 2015, at 8:45 AM
  • In all honesty is the catholic religion not the biggest organization for sweeping scandals under the rug?

-- Posted by Coachken on Sat, Aug 8, 2015, at 3:02 PM
  • It does seem that way.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Sat, Aug 8, 2015, at 4:19 PM
  • The real low blow was by ESPN05 in the first response. I cant even imagine what that young girl has gone through.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Aug 8, 2015, at 11:50 PM
  • This is silly of Bleed to post in such a forum. Bleed is really stretching this into a sports discussion and as usual has no logic to support things other than his 'rights to an opinion'. Then he wants to cry about people 'smearing' his name, Well when you're 30+ years old and you want to get into fights at slow pitch softball games your reputation proceeds you and apparently it will find you on the message boards to. I wonder if Bleed would be posting links to articles if it was a buddies daughter or his daughter? Grow up Norm.

-- Posted by GreenBleed on Sun, Aug 9, 2015, at 8:33 AM
  • Well its not who is the best basketball player or what team is favored to win a championship this year, but it IS sports related.

Its been published in newspapers and a lawsuit has been filed. Usually when you file a lawsuit you know its gonna be out there for discussion.

Somethings just can get swept under the rug because they are ugly. In spite of what you think, the rest of the area knows your kids have trouble just ours, your parents run coaches off just like others, in spite of your slogan 'We Are Family', you aren't really aren't much more family than any other school. You fight just like everyone else and have issues like everyone else. So drop the pretense.

So to borrow a line - stick that in your trophy case.

-- Posted by earnedit on Sun, Aug 9, 2015, at 12:06 PM
  • This article seems appropriate for a topix forum, but a high school football forum? I'm not seeing the correlation.

Every town has it's blemishes. It's when they are reoccurring is when you get suspicious.

-- Posted by blackNgold007 on Sun, Aug 9, 2015, at 5:29 PM
  • You all need to get your panties out of a bunch. This thread is starting to look like topix.

-- Posted by TheHasBeen on Sun, Aug 9, 2015, at 6:45 PM
  • Bleed Green you are seriously pathetic. This has nothing to do with high school football and you obviously just brought it up as an attack on Valle Catholic. You need to grow up and find a new hobby that's not bashing a high school.

-- Posted by justafan573 on Sun, Aug 9, 2015, at 10:15 PM
  • I agree HasBeen looks more and more like topix. Hang in there Bleed.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Aug 10, 2015, at 6:48 AM
  • Not really topix, a highschool coach was accused of rapeing a young girl and the coach killed himself, don't really care if you want to but we need to talk about it, from what I have read 1 outta 4 of our daughters are sexually assaulted in college! If it is starting in high school than it needs to be exposed! I'm sure valley isn't the only high school but I pray it's the last! Topix is for gossip, what's happening to our daughters is serious!

-- Posted by Hatershate on Mon, Aug 10, 2015, at 7:56 PM
  • Well said hater. Any discussion that brings awareness and thought to this issue is good in my book.

I have a 16 year old daughter and sexual predators are a daily worry. She recently started driving and its difficult at that point to be as protective as I would like to be. In this case the predator was in a position of power and theoretical respect.

God bless us all in this world today!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Aug 10, 2015, at 10:47 PM
  • Thank you pride, I know this isn't the place people want to talk about this..... But there isn't a place, the world seems to accept Caitlin or kaytlin but nobody wants to talk about how the world preys on our daughters!

-- Posted by Hatershate on Tue, Aug 11, 2015, at 8:05 PM
  • Green&blue so is what your saying that it's ok if he only molested one high school girl?

-- Posted by Hatershate on Mon, Aug 24, 2015, at 9:00 PM
  • I'm not gonna defend this guys action because what he did should never have happened. But there was some good in him like everyone else.

Let's not overlook the countless female teachers and parents hooking up with 15 year old boys which society treats as a complete double standard.

As far as dimissing this as a 1 victim incident, I'll disagree with you on that. Before this whole lawsuit was filed I for one wondered if this was the second.

We will let the lawyers figure it out. I just know if this goes to court and the plaintiff has any witnesses (a girlfriend)_ that collaborate she shared any of the details or confided in them years ago ... then in the current environment today - Valle and the archdiocese of STL will pay up.

-- Posted by earnedit on Tue, Aug 25, 2015, at 11:42 PM
  • They can't afford the bad pub. It will never make it to court and only those involved will ever know the truth.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 8:58 AM
  • As just an interested party here, BG which people at Valle are you pointing a finger at? The administrator has changed since then. So which people are you talking about?

-- Posted by Bearcat Fan on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 1:27 PM
  • Bleed, you would maybe lose that bet.

Unless you were in that locker room you have no idea as to what happened and how many were involved. I don't care who you talked to or what you heard, you just don't. I've learned in this day and age anything and everything is possible.

You can slice it any way you want, but you don't know.

Like I said if this gets to court and we find out something was disclosed years ago from one little girl to another during a sleepover or night out, as so often happens, Valle and Archdiocese of Stl loses.

All parish volunteers and workers have to take 'Protecting God's Children' training before being allowed to work with kids in Catholic School System. I've taken it. Be really interesting to see if his paper work is all in order with the church.

I don't care how this turns out as long as justice wins out. I knew the girl and her family and something odd was going on at the time. I like them and think they are good people. Also was a casual acquaintance of the coach and to be honest I thought he was a really nice guy. That's why I really don't care for all the creep comments. We all have good; we all have bad. He should have known better - he did know better.

-- Posted by earnedit on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 7:02 AM
  • Green and Blue with your vast knowledge of the situation I would assume you will be called as a witness once the trial starts.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 11:04 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: