Semoball

High School Football Forum: Kennett vs PHC

Posted by Rebelfan86 on Wed, Nov 5, 2014, at 10:13 PM:

The Indians travel to Park Hills for the Class 3 District 1 championship. Any Opinions on how this game will turn out? I am expecting a high scoring game due to both teams having a high power offense

Replies (57)

Everyone knows that PHC should be favored and its obvious that they have the more complete team position by position. With that said, Kennett is playing on an emotional high right now and they believe they are playing well enough to win. If they execute and keep hope alive they could produce an upset in Park Hills Friday night.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Nov 5, 2014, at 10:29 PM

The Rebels coaches do a good job, they won't under estimate or overlook Kennett they will have our team ready. Rebels win by 3 TD'S.

-- Posted by Football4me on Wed, Nov 5, 2014, at 11:20 PM
  • Kennett's got nothing to lose, they are not suppose to be there anyway and they aren't supposed to win. I think they play loose and play well, if they win which I think they can great , but if they don't they have greatly improved and will be better next year!. I am hoping for a close game with no injuries for both teams. Can't wait, phc has a good program and will be very tough.

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Thu, Nov 6, 2014, at 1:13 AM

Opinion:

Kennett will play a good game, but they won't get it done.

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Thu, Nov 6, 2014, at 7:12 AM
  • Kennett is over matched in this one but on flip side of that they have been playing notches above where they have been. I do believe Kennett will show that they're there for that reason. However, I'm sure the experience PHC has in these games will be to their advantage.

-- Posted by Moose76 on Thu, Nov 6, 2014, at 7:19 AM
  • In order for Kennett to pull this off, PHC is going to have to make some mistakes. This does not happen very often.

-- Posted by ALL MADISON COUNTY MVP on Thu, Nov 6, 2014, at 7:21 AM

PHC will win. Kennett is playing good but with all do respect, they ain't playing PHC good!

-- Posted by cker23 on Thu, Nov 6, 2014, at 10:55 AM
  • I am originally from Kennett and I have to agree cker23. Kennett is playing well right now and that gives them hope but they aren't PHC good, not this year. I can hope that they catch some breaks and maybe a little luck will shine on them and we can pull off something, but not likely. The thing Kennett has going for them is, and this was said earlier, they aren't even supposed to be there, so there really shouldn't be much pressure. Fortunate that PHC was on other side of bracket or their season would probably already be over. Making the district finals though, considering their program in recent years, is a great move forward. Good luck to all.

-- Posted by bball79 on Thu, Nov 6, 2014, at 2:23 PM

I predict REBELS win the District Championship Game 54-21

I have heard that Kennett is busing alot of fans to the game, calling it their Super Bowl. Have no idea if that is true or not.

Central is a solid team at all positions, we have stand outs like all teams do, but being one team the REBELS is what has brought them success and tomorrow will be no different.

Our coaching staff does a great job and our boys have bought into their program.

Let's Go REBELS!!!!!!

-- Posted by Football4me on Thu, Nov 6, 2014, at 8:43 PM
  • I haven't heard anything about a superbowl or anyone calling it that. But the kids might be calling it that.

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 1:00 AM
  • Good for Kennett but this shows how week that district is outside of PHC. One dimensional with zero creativity has carried them far enough

-- Posted by footballfanatic#1 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 6:04 AM
  • Kennett's stands were not overly full against Fred. Might have been because it was Halloween. I can't imagine they would bring army.

-- Posted by ALL MADISON COUNTY MVP on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 6:50 AM
  • School taking a pep bus. But I don't think a ton of fans will make such a long trip to PHC. I will be yelling at my radio tonight!!

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 7:08 AM

This is probably Kennett's toughest opponent this year.

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 7:59 AM
  • It will be the Rebels best opponent as well. Besides the Sullivan game where they turned the ball over every other play, the only team to play them tough was NMCC.

-- Posted by ePeen on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 9:14 AM

Dexter played them tough too. Score really doesn't show it but they did.

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 10:16 AM

ePeen have you said who your team of choice is? You aren't a Rebels fan so what do you know about them or their opponents this season? Our team didn't get to be ranked #3 and undefeated by accident. Come watch the game, you will see for yourself.

-- Posted by Football4me on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 10:19 AM
  • Creativity, umm umm uumm.

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 10:27 AM
  • I'm a sg fan. And I've seen the Park Hills team play 4 times this year. Mostly on Web TV. Unlike some, I don't hate PHC for being good this year, is all.

-- Posted by ePeen on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 10:42 AM
  • I'm not saying they aren't good. They are. I'm saying they haven't been tested yet.im not saying they'll make the dome. But hell, they have a shot.

-- Posted by ePeen on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 10:44 AM
  • Be honest, REB-ELS, who has Park Hills played that was any good? Potosi? Fredtown? Ste. Genevieve? Dexter? Pius? You're ranked #3 because you're undefeated (regular season) for 2 years in a row, and haven't had many close games in those 2 years, not because you have beaten anyone worth pounding your chest about. Park Hills is great, don't get me wrong. They would give Cape, Jackson, Valle, and Malden all a good fight and probably win one or more of those games, but they haven't even beaten a team with any talent other than maybe D-3 or NAIA to my knowledge. Not many teams in the area would have had trouble with the schedule you guys had this year. Potosi would have lost 1 game, Fredericktown would have lost only 2 or 3, and Ste. Genevieve would have had 1 or 2 losses. Heck, Pius would have probably went 5-4 or even 6-3. Go beat Burroughs next Friday and then that will really be earning your #3 ranking.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 10:48 AM

The Rebels are 30-5 over the past 3 seasons. Let's face it, they are pretty good and they are gonna be pretty good for a while. No amount of analytics/stats will change that.

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:02 AM
  • No, but scheduling good class 3 or 4 non-conference schools might change the W-L record instead of scheduling a class 6 team that Grandview could give a run for their money and Jefferson. I could go on and on about why you should take that 30-5 record with a grain of salt, but it won't do any good. Park Hills has been a top team in the area for the last 2 years, no doubt. But that #3 ranking is inflated, in my opinion, until you beat Burroughs. I think Park Hills is the 5th to 7th best team in class 3 right now.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:31 AM
  • It's actually 30-3 but I agree on competition but it seems like the schedule is so far out that u schedule them and they have a down year. I believe all state rankings for the most part are questionable. You have one or two dominates in the top 10 and the other 8 or 9 are a toss up until u see them play each other.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:35 AM
  • It would be nice to see park hills put a top tier team on there schedule but its not that easy...It would be fun for to school and fans.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:43 AM
  • Park hills cant do anything about their confrence not being any good this past year...I see ste gen next yr being a good test for both schools.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:44 AM

According to the MSHSSA site, PH has Sikeston and MICDS on their schedule in a couple of years.

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:48 AM
  • Can't do anything about conference, but the non-conference scheduling this year was very questionable. It's not like anyone was surprised at the records Jefferson, Northwest, and Farmington had this year. There's got to be SOMEONE besides Northwest that you can play. I would like to see Park Hills play teams like Brentwood, Westminster, and Priory.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:53 AM
  • This will be huge test for Kennett, no doubt. And I would say Malden and PHC are toughtest opponenets for Kennett this year and we know how Malden turned out. Personally, I think Malden would beat PHC but we will see much more about them tonight. Malden ran over Kennett, that game was over by half. We will see if Kennett can hang around tonight. Wilson was QB for Kennett when they played Malden too. I'm pulling for the Indians but do not think they get by PHC tonight. I'm just hoping they bring all they have!

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:56 AM
  • Hopefully those games stay scheduled. Should be good matchups. I don't know much about Confluence except they were not good this year.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:57 AM
  • If true biz markie those are some solid teams and looks like the right direction in playing a harder nonconfrence schedule.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:57 AM
  • I will actually defend PH here. They scheduled a good class 4 and a class 4 and 6 school. So they didn't go out looking for weak teams. And if PH does play JB next week I will be pulling for PH 100%.

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 12:29 PM
  • Jefferson isn't class 4? And Northwest is the epitome of a traditionally bad team. They're the Perryville of class 6. Every team on Park Hills' schedule would beat Northwest by 2+ td's. The Sullivan pick up was great, especially for a week one game.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 12:46 PM

Here's what I've got to say to all of you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQFmGBvyvU

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 1:01 PM

Lmao

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 1:09 PM
  • Park Hills is a legitimate top 3 team in class 3. Give me a break, I am not a rebel supporter, but give credit when credits due. I look for them to win by 3 TD's.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 1:10 PM
  • He beat boxes automagically.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 1:10 PM
  • PHC tries to schedule tougher teams, I can promise you. Had North County for 2 years (not that they are any good) and North County decided they didn't want to play them any more, hence had to pick up Jefferson R-7. It was Jefferson or travel a very long way or not have a game. When they scheduled Farmington, they thought that would be a good game and now Farmington doesn't want to play them anymore. MICDS, Sullivan, Dexter, Sikeston, and Confluence Prep are the non-conference games in 2 years. It's so early to tell how those teams will be but that is a decent non-conference schedule. Teams schedule so early now that it is tough to determine who will be good in 2 years. PHC always gets trashed for their schedule. I am pretty sure Dexter, Sullivan, and Farmington have all made at least the quarterfinals (and 2 of them semifinals) in the last 3-4 years. This schedule was crafted 2 years ago. With conference schedules the way they are and everyone scheduling so early, you try your best. Good luck the rest of the way PHC and Valle.

-- Posted by Only facts on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 2:30 PM
  • Thad,

Central played against at least one D1 level athlete. Cooley from Potosi has at least one offer from a D1 school.

Central has a few D1 level athletes also.

When do they schedule their games? If it was this year then yeah they had some week teams. If they scheduled the Farmington game three or four years ago they scheduled against the best team in the area at the time. Farmington has had three bad years. The decade before that they may have been one of the best teams this side of the state south of St Louis.

-- Posted by NCFan on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 2:33 PM
  • Who are PH D-1 athletes? The Bess kid has the body. That all I can think of even close.

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 2:56 PM
  • Thad, Central would beat Valle and Malden. I would put money on it. And how can you say that district is week? The top teams in that district would beat 75% of teams in SEMO.

-- Posted by #onlytruth on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 2:58 PM
  • 75%? Who could Potosi beat in Semo, onlytruth??

-- Posted by Squeak on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 3:22 PM
  • I'm telling you boys, Malden could definitely beat PH, and it might not even be close. I have seen them both.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 3:47 PM
  • Bess will be for sure. His dad played for Nebraska and I believe his uncle played for Missouri. He will play some where D1.

-- Posted by NCFan on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 3:52 PM
  • Potosi was beaten three times. Valle, PHC and upset by Frederktown. Valle and PHC would beat everyone from SEMO except Cape and Jackson. I would say Potosi would have had a chance to beat anyone from SEMO excpet Cape, Jackson and maybe Malden (I have not seen them play).

-- Posted by NCFan on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 3:57 PM
  • Who cares about class 2 malden. They will never see them, like ever. Malden loses to Lamar by turbo clock in a few weeks. Take the Malden crap back to the cville thread.

-- Posted by ePeen on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 4:36 PM

Good luck tonight Rebels, go win another District Championship title and get a banner to hang!

-- Posted by Football4me on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 4:54 PM
  • I expect PHC to win but Kennett has a punchers chance. Kennett is a different team with Wilson at QB.

-- Posted by Indian_Fan on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 7:31 PM
  • go kennett

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 7:52 PM
  • Score?????

-- Posted by BRAGGCITY BALLER on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 8:53 PM
  • Park Hills 34-14 in 3rd.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 8:54 PM
  • Final?

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 9:28 PM
  • 48-14 PHC final

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 9:57 PM
  • Congrats phc on your win and good luck going forward and we will now be supporting you till the end and thanks for being respectful toward us Indians.

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 10:14 PM
  • Thanks Squawdad. Kennett has a great team. Your boys play hard and have had a great year. You have a lot to look forward to next year. Hopefully we can keep this going and appreciate all the support we can get. Good Luck next year. I think you'll have another great year.

-- Posted by Crazydog on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 10:43 PM
  • Giving credit where it is due. Wilson was every bit as good as advertised and Kennett is definitely heading in the right direction.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Fri, Nov 7, 2014, at 11:16 PM

Kennet had one offensive score (6), one pick six near the endzone(6), one safety (2).

However, this doesn't quite tell the full story of the game. There was a point at the beginning of the 3rd quarter where Kennett was driving hard, down 14 points and it looked like they were gonna turn it into a game. There was a monumental 4th down stop that swayed the momentum and the Rebels took over the game from that point.

Wilson is a beast and Kennett should be pretty tough next season. He kept the Rebels on their toes all night. The Indians have absolutely nothing to hang their heads about!

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Sat, Nov 8, 2014, at 6:24 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: