Semoball

High School Football Forum: Week 7 Top Games

Posted by bootheelsports on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:45 PM:

Week 7 Top Games, Who do you think will win ?

East Prairie (4-2) vs. Portageville (4-2)

Both of these teams are coming off wins. East Prairie is 1 point away from being 5-1. They lost to Scott City during week 2 by 1 point, Portageville just beat them handily. This game will probably be for a second seed Class 2 District 1 if Caruthersville doesn't get back on track and stay there.

___

Dexter (3-3) vs. NMCC (3-3)

Class 3 District 1 Opponents meet this week. Both looking to gain ground and move up. This game was once a rivalry, but neither programs are were they use to be, but both have shown spurts this year that they maybe headed back in that direction. This game will put one team over .500 for the season. NMCC coming off a big win over Caruthersville, they're offense looks to be rolling. Dexter squeaked by Kennett, they'll have a tougher match up this week vs NMCC.

Replies (16)

Portageville over East Prairie by 14. New Madrid vs Dexter will be a good game but I believe NMCC wins 28-21.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:52 PM
  • I like Portageville over EP by a couple of TDs too. Dexter vs. NMCC will come down to turnovers. If Dexter can do a better job of taking care of the ball and eliminate the silly penalties, then I think we will win. We have better size up from than NMCC, but they have the edge in speed. The Eagles are on a three-game winning streak and are playing at home. But NMCC hasn't faced a team that can throw it like Dexter can. So I'll take Dexter in a close one 35-28.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 11:01 PM
  • who does everyone else play?

-- Posted by SEMO1997 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:26 AM

I disagree Preacher Man about you saying Dexter has better size up front, from the few games that I have seen of NMCC they appear to average 6-2 or better across the O line with the center being the only one under 6 foot. D wise they appear to be very quick on the front line. NMCC has excellent secondary coverage in my opinion and did a good job limiting Cville rushing and passing and also containing the Faulkner kid as well Friday.

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 11:03 AM
  • If Dexter holds on to the football last Friday, the game with Kennett would not have been very close, maybe a two touchdown win for the Bearcats. It will be another tough match up against NMCC. Like Kennett, it is usually a close game. Dexter needs to keep NMCC from getting the edge and NMCC needs to play very well in their secondary to contain Dexter's three wideouts.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:18 PM
  • Sports Rat, I based that observation on what I saw at the Jamboree.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:21 PM
  • Should be an exciting game. NMCC is playing on a different level than they were at the jamboree Preach as I'm sure Dexter is as well. Think it will be close to the end but have to give the edge to New Madrid. I believe their speed will be the difference. Their speed will keep pressure on the QB & contain him as well. Turnovers will be huge. NMCC's QB play has improved tremendously & a lot of that has to do with players around him learning new system. Defense has been solid even with some key injuries. Whoever wins battle of turnovers will come away with the win.

-- Posted by bbfan18 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 7:31 PM
  • Well unless they've got some new linemen or the old ones have grown a lot in the last few weeks, Dexter's linemen should still be bigger. But I agree whoever wins the turnover battle should come out on top. Two pretty evenly matched teams.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 7:46 PM

They do actually have some new lineman playing after adjustments have been made, but I would say Dexter's line will still probably be bigger. But Caruthersville's was bigger as well. It'll be a good game! It's going to come down to whoever holds onto the ball. Dexter probably passes the ball better, and we probably run the ball better. It'll be evenly matched for sure!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 7:57 PM

Jake Kimball lineman's coach has also done a great job of preparing the line and helping them to improve as the season has progressed. They seem to get better each week. They might be a bit undersized and young, but they sure do work hard!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:04 PM
  • Yep they've put on 30lbs each & hit a growth spurt of just over 3" per lineman over the last few weeks. Watch out. No arguing Dexter definitely will have the size advantage on the line but that's nothing new for NMCC. Agree two evenly matched teams.

-- Posted by bbfan18 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:14 PM
  • NMCC secondary will be tested for sure. Hope they are up for the challenge. Thought they did a real good job against cville. If I'm not mistaking if NMCC wins they will be semo conference champs. If Dexter wins there will be a three way tie for conference champs between cville NMCC & Dexter. Not sure anybody would have picked NMCC to be conference champs at the beginning of season.

-- Posted by bbfan18 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:30 PM
  • That's correct bbfan18.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:46 PM
  • I'm going to pick NMCC at home in this one in a close game. Dexter was less than impressive last week which means they will probably play lights out this week.

-- Posted by bball79 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:26 PM
  • Let's hope so bball79!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 11:09 PM

Dexter has been hard to read.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:56 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: