Semoball

High School Football Forum: Park Hill Central

Posted by hardwork on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 1:50 PM:

And I guess I should talk about Ste gen coaches and players using profanity on the sidelines all night. That's class. Come on Bleed. Coach Sweiss has respect for your program and coaches because he shut it down after half. It could of been really bad.

Replies (152)

• No he didn't shut it down your right. Not, 240 yards passing the first half and didn't even use the passing formation in the second half. Hey u made it half a season anyway.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:42 PM
  • I for one have always had respect and never mouthed st. Gen. They work to hard and have tradition. That's what every school hopes to have. I can tell u if he didn't shut the passing down and control the ball in the second half he lied to the boys cause that was what they were told at half time was they were running the ball. I agree with u profanity happens when competitive people play sports.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 3:46 PM
  • Just like old times.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 4:05 PM
  • No Zach didn't have to I agree. Thought we were talking football not softball. As far as the personal fouls, I'm not happy about them either when it involves a kid mouthing a ref no excuse. As far as the other ones when ur playing to the whistle it's the refs opinion on a hit which as well as u know football, and that's not a slight if u would have saw the hits against potosi u would be questioning them to. If we are recruiting in softball we've done a poor job because we had to share the conference with two other teams but our boundaries run up to Bismarck city limits.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:07 PM
  • Bleed if you are saying that all of the good players from Farmington and NC are moving to Park Hills to play football, then that is one of the funniest things I've ever heard!!! I think those two teams may have something to say about that too! You are just grasping at straws now because you predicted the Ste Gen/PHC game would go into OVERTIME!!! Haha

-- Posted by HM345 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:08 PM
  • This is hilarious. I'm a Dragon and even I could see they scaled the offense back in the second half. The Bridges kid throws for 250 in the first half and 11 in the second. They could have dropped 70 on us had they wanted to do so.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 5:22 PM
  • Bleed, you are acting like coach Stolzer. After the game, he couldn't give any credit to Central either. He said, just like against Potosi, his kids didn't want to play. He said he thought they played harder the second half when Central quit the spread and just ran up the gut. Good grief!! If you honestly think St Gen. made an adjustment to stop Central the second half, you have lost your mind. Yes, Central could have scored more and should have at least got a running clock to save on wear of our defense, before just pounding the middle. Central just might be the better team. As far as them faking the knee and going for the score, we needed the points to help get into district play. Remember you get points up to 13 on the score difference. Farmington and NC have both made coaching changes and Central has had good coaches working for years to build a program. Stop grasping at straws. Make sure you have your facts right before making accusations. Up till now I have enjoyed your post, I hope you can find that guy again.

-- Posted by Crazydog on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 6:02 PM
  • You know so much why are we better and nc and Farmington not. One kid on our roster hasn't went to central their whole school career, if u want to talk about the other ask his parents why they didn't stay together although that's none of your business. I thought you being all knowing would realize high school sports run in cycles. Maybe next year when you lose one of the best highschool coaches in Missouri that you don't appreciate those all staters will come out. Hopefully we play again looking forward to your adjustments.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 6:25 PM
  • C'mon bleed. Your lettin some video guy fire you up? Park hills could name the score on SG right now. SG is just bad. Heck if PH gets that Buchanan kid back then your really in trouble.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 6:51 PM
  • Also I will say the fake kneel play regardless of any situation was the biggest piece of crap play I have seen is 38 years of high school sports.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 7:48 PM
  • Guess Dan Marino was a piece of crap when he did it for the dolphins. Unfortunately seedings are done by points and if theirs a difference between seeds u do what u have to. We've been on the beating side many times by st gen and when Faulkner was there even running up the score. As long as there is time on the clock there's a game to be played. I for one wouldn't have went to the run game last night because sooner or later it'll be the other way around and I'm sure they won't stop scoring!

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 7:54 PM
  • correct me if I'm wrong, I believe PHC were already up by over 13pts when they did that play, that's what made it so offensive.

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:30 PM
  • You are correct. Heard rumor that coaches thought they needed to cover 19 points like under the old system. Not the current 13.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:39 PM
  • I also don't think Schweiss is so "classy" if it wasn't Stolzer's last year

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:44 PM
  • Would you rather they had put 70 on us?

-- Posted by Shortbus on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:49 PM
  • No, he is not correct it was in 2009, we had been up a lot and St. Gen had came back. The score was 39 to 36 when it happened. We won by 10.

-- Posted by Crazydog on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:50 PM
  • Calm down fellas. It's high school football and I think you graduated. Right? No need to mouth because you won. No need to get ***** cause you lost. Hopefully everybody made it through healthy.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:53 PM
  • I'm just saying that I don't think these two like each other and if they meet again this year, I believe PHC will put up alot more pts.

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:54 PM
  • if that is true, you don't get anymore pts for a 10pt win than a 3pt win, correct? I think you only get more pts for 13+. So why run the play?

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 8:57 PM
  • You cannot get more than 13 points. You get the difference in the score up to 13 points. They got 10 points

-- Posted by Crazydog on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 9:08 PM
  • I stand corrected, thank you

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 9:14 PM
  • What were you told Bleed?

-- Posted by hardwork on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 9:30 PM

Did you hear this is Cory's last season with the Rebels?

-- Posted by Football4me on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:03 PM
  • I heard that, wants to spend more time with kids activities

-- Posted by Jesco White on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:06 PM
  • Crack ken u say ste gen is just bad....I disagree I wouldn't say there bad at all...young yes but not bad. There is a good chance they go 7-4 or 8-4...many teams would love that record.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:12 PM
  • Just another straw bleed start ur little rumors. If we didn't do things the right way dj would be playing. I question ur sources since most of your arguments are with your own fans. But you keep waiting. If u had real truth ud be shouting it to the heavens. St Gen is a very good program who will not be down long and I for one will be cheering for them when they don't play us. Good luck with going back how u was a wolf is always a wolf!

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:15 PM
  • Sorry iPhone... coachken

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 10:26 PM
  • I am on the sideline every Friday night and have been for years. I have never heard a cuss word from the coaches or from our players. Get your facts straight, you are speaking about the integrity of great men and I take personal offense at that. Someone from Ste. Gen. needs to respectfully tell you to shut up you make them look bad. You can vent all you want...end of the story is Park Hills won on Friday night. Your just a poor loser!

-- Posted by bigdad on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:47 AM
  • Bigdad I agree if all this bad language is going on then I wouldn't think that would be good for anybody involved coaches, players. or officials. Football isn't an excuse for stupidity and these kids should not have to put up with it and shouldn't be allowed to do it. It doesn't happen all the time and shouldn't be accepted as part of the sport and I think most coaches would crack down on it if it did.

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:40 AM
  • I've never heard him cuss. I'm within 20 feet of him every Friday night. It just doesn't happen. Sorry. BG hears what he wants to hear. It's a high school football game not a reality show.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:53 AM
  • You can't fix stupid. That's a dude right there that doesn't need to carry a firearm. A lot of the time he just makes these things up just to get reactions, Or he's angry. Nobody takes him that seriously down here.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:58 AM
  • That's just hysterical. You're sitting on our sidelines in a Cardinal hoodie, while PJ is cussing the whole night. Funny NO ONE on the sideline heard it! I've been on the sidelines with these coaches for years, I've never heard one cuss word out of their mouths. They are CLASS acts. You are grasping at straws.

-- Posted by bigdad on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 3:58 PM
  • Mr.Bleed Green I am about tired of you getting on here and misrepresenting SG. You are an embarrasment.

People reading this: PLEASE do not think all SG fans are like this crybaby!

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:15 PM
  • I have been reading these posts for many years, but only today did I register to respond to BG. Bleed, what you are saying about Coach Jones cussing is a total fabrication of that warped little brain of yours. I have coached football at Central for the past 2 1/2 decades. I have been on the sidelines for almost every game since '92. I am not hiding my identity by using some fake name, like you. I teach and coach at the middle school, and I am the old fat guy running up the sideline at each game keeping stats. PJ Jones is a moral remodel for our athlete. I have never heard a cuss word out of him on the sideline and what you are saying about him is outright slander.

-- Posted by coachmc on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:29 PM
  • Bleed, I do agree with one comment you made about why Central has improved over the years. Recruiting...Yes...Central recruits! We recruited Coach Schweiss from a job at Bismarck. We recruited Coach Jones from NC. Coaches Aholt and Mapes were recruited from Potosi, and then we have the home grown coaches: Mills, Calvird, Martin, Reddecker, and Politte. Why are we winning? It is because of all that recruiting.

-- Posted by coachmc on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:38 PM
  • When did NC and Farmington begin their decline and Central, Fredericktown and others begin to improve? Shortly after the old MAAA Conference broke up. When NC and Farmington were forced to play schools their own size or larger, their programs began the decline. Farmington even opted out of their Mississippi Conference to join another conference that, at the time, looked more favorable. The smaller schools in the old MAAA began to play schools their own size and could finally compete with their opponents.

-- Posted by coachmc on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:51 PM
  • Your thin line is unacceptable. We've got football left to play and you are making us all look like idiots. We need to win-out and try to get another shot at PHC. Now shut up, you're embarrassing.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:05 PM
  • PHC didn't run their mouths. There isn't a coach, player or administrator oN this site "running their mouth. Just you.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:30 PM
  • Didn't see or hear anyone running their mouth or using profanity, so I could care less about it. I'm not talking about that. I am talking about you getting on here and continuously throwing little temper tantrums when we lose. You have no credibility whatsoever and like I have said, you are an embarrassment.

I am sorry to say that it was painfully obvious they slowed things down at the half. I wish I could say that I thought our kids miraculously stopped the Rebals after the half, but it just didn't happen. They could have totally buried us if they wanted to. It just may not be our year, just face it. See you in Perryville.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:51 PM
  • From where I was sitting, it looked like they took it easy on us in the second half. It looks like our two programs are going in different directions at this point.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:58 PM
  • I bet you are an enormous asset to whomever you are protecting and serving.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 6:31 PM
  • Bleed,

You're 37, have no kids in the high school, don't coach, don't teach, aren't on the school board, and still act like this? Take off the letterman jacket, and cool down.

Bad mouthing Stolzer, a Hall of Fame coach, is beyond me...do you really think a new guy is going to do better than a guy who won well over 250 games, impacted thousands of young men, and has done more for the community of Ste Gen than...well you and likely everyone you know.

Now bad mouthing the Park Hills coaching staff, naming them by name, and accusing them of cheating...you realize these are people who are volunteering their time, spending more time with other people's kids than their own, and doing it for very little compensation, and you have the gall to run their names through the mud.

Before you go and say, "you do the same thing", I NEVER name names, and I'm typically more critical of scheme or scheduling than anything a coach, coaches, or team has done personally.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 6:40 PM
  • 37 years old? Little old for your class of 97?

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 7:44 PM
  • I had a feeling this wasn't going to go well.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 7:53 PM
  • Smart & tougher than a $2 steak!

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:31 PM
  • Shocking...typical cop story...either got picked on in high school and wants to take it out on others, or huge bully who likes picking on others.

And now you're both, with just a little bit of power in a small town. Congrats.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:32 PM
  • Bleed, if you really "bleed green" why on earth were you sitting in the PHC stands wearing a cardinals hoodie? Isn't that Park Hills colors? That's the biggest thing that has me confused. Afraid to show your true colors?

-- Posted by Squeak on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:01 PM
  • Nobody wants to sit with him over there.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:14 PM
  • Whoa whoa whoa. Talk crap on bleed all you want, I don't care. But don't start talking crap on cops boogin. That's crossing a line. Don't let the ones you know (if any) judge the rest of us. By the way. My family has a history of being cops. None of us have your ideal story of a cops life

-- Posted by Observer24 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:50 PM
  • Very well said Observer. My brother is a police officer and I hold that in the highest regard!

No matter the area or size of the town there is potential danger every day!

Anyone willing to take that challenge for a profession day in and day out has my ultimate respect.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 11:03 PM
  • Maybe you should start interacting with the public in a manner becoming of a law enforcement officer. This message board is public and your identity is no mystery.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:13 AM
  • I would issue you a written warning if I was your supervisor. It would make me look bad if one of my officers was out of control on a message board.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 8:47 AM
  • Bleed,

How can you say you don't represent SG? You strongly support them, your kids go to school there, you graduated from there. If that's not the epitome of representation then nothing is. What you're not understanding is your words are being spoken about other parents' kids - kids who are busting their butts and trying to make a name for themselves, just like you many years ago and just like you're trying to do now. You take offense at anyone that wants to take digs at you on here, you take offense to anyone who takes shots at SG (and the pride that their coaches have worked hard to build over many years) on Fri nights. Yet you come on here, representing SG (because everyone knows you're a huge fan) and disgrace those kids AND their parents, neither of which really even know you enough to want to come up to you in person and ask that you dial it down a notch.

Fast forward a few years from now. How are you gonna react when people disgrace your daughters or son because of how they played the week before? Or are you still gonna go to public message boards to embarrass your kids and their friends as you're doing to the parents of those athletes now? Don't limit the chances your kids could have the older they get. Quit getting off being "that guy." You're not doing your own children any favors, trust me.

Your heart is in the right place Bleed, I'll never take that from you. You just have to learn to control the anger and mouth. You were doing really well too.

Many knew this SG team would struggle this year. However, many on here would take a struggling year with a 7-4 or 8-4 record in C3. That again says something for those kids and coaches. Win or lose, allow THEM to do it with dignity.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:02 AM
  • Bleed I would be angry also if after a rival game heard someone say they played it down for us in 2nd half. I have a quick temper also and I could see me go a little crazy. Sometimes I wish they had a delete so I could delete some stuff. I just think it got carried away. People know how to push your buttons and they do. I try to remember that some kids know who I am thanks to my son and try to think before I post. It doesn't always happen.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:46 AM
  • Green& Blue you make no sense either. PHC has plenty of class. I'm sure your community is proud of you too!

-- Posted by hardwork on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:23 AM
  • Green & Blue, I always enjoy going to Park Hills for some reason & their new field is surprisingly nice. I was a bit disgusted that we didnt have a bigger turnout on our side. What happened there?

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:40 AM
  • Green & Blue Im going to give credit where credit is due. "fancy PH cars of four colors and a few dents" Well done!

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 11:09 AM
  • Im not from SG. Bleed the difference is your posts are not funny. The other was well played. Sometimes ya got it sometimes ya dont.

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 11:59 AM
  • Green & Blue,

I hope so! It's gonna take a couple of years to get even remotely close to where PH is now. They used to be gimme games where we'd roll them 70-14!

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:09 PM
  • Bleed Green, speaking from a former central graduate, and a rebel fan today I don't want to hear anything you have to say about Central and class. That is by far the most ignorant thing I am yet to read on this site. We could've put as many points as we wanted to score on the scoreboard, and we let back. Your only touchdown was illegal considering all five lineman were downfield. It was almost a shutout. And by the way, the Schmelzle kid kicking one of our players while he was down after the play is downright dirty, and pitiful. He wasn't taught right over there in SG

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:14 PM
  • Replying to Dragonfan, games when we used to play was a blowout. You're right, Ste gen hung as many as possible on us and it didn't matter. That's not much class, luckily our team didn't do that to you guys the other night.

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:16 PM
  • Jealously is a terrible thing boys.

-- Posted by hardwork on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:17 PM
  • Having stated that, I personally appreciated the fact that they didnt run up the score on us like we have done to them many times. Seriously, they could have done so.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:17 PM
  • The play he kicked our player wasn't very great. Couldn't handle the losing end of it well at all from what I saw. Cory was yelling because it was an illegal pass and the discussed with the refs. come to find out, it was illegal. it was a busted screen play from the start and turned into a touchdown. WITH LINEMAN DOWNFIELD

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:22 PM
  • Hey guess what...Park Hills won. Lets all get ready for the next week. Ste Gen has Perryville should be a win and being they are class 4 should help out in the district standing. Park Hills gets Fredricktown another win.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:29 PM
  • I agree ESPN05, maybe PHC and SG will see each other again in the District games toward end of year. Until then, let the play of both teams do the talking.

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:32 PM
  • I didn't hear what Cory yelled, what did you hear?

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:34 PM
  • Is there another sports site like this? I cant find any Ph smack talk about this game on other posts. Plenty about Jackson and cape though.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:36 PM
  • This thread is pretty amusing. Arguing about possibly running up the score to talking about being a cop to calling out kids for actions that shouldn't have been done. Great football thread here.

But the score was 32-6. For all of the PHC fans who say you could've scored as many points as you wanted but you only scored 32? Come on now. Something isnt adding up here. I know Cory is a smart coach but he only wanted to score 32 then shut it down? You guys can't seriously believe that. Every single coach plays to be up by 35 for the second half so it's a running clock. Everyone knows that. So why did he only score 32 and only was up by 26 and then just shut it down?

And Rebelfan86, you didn't really just call out one particular player on a message board did you? Maybe Bleed was correct when he said PHC has no class. That's incredible. You just summed up PHC fan base in that one post.

-- Posted by Squeak on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:38 PM
  • Squeak, you honestly don't think PHC could've scored more the second half? SG had absolutely no answer for the spread game the first half, considering Rebels scored 32. Second half, ran power football and threw the ball a total of about 5 times. Needless to say you obviously didn't watch the game or don't know football. I'm sticking up for PHC as I'm from here. Did you see the kid kick our player? if i didnt say the name im sure that would give you room to deny it.

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:43 PM
  • I'm not saying they could or couldn't have. But no one plays for 32 points in a game when they can score as many as they want, according to the PHC faithful. That's what I'm getting at.

And I don't care if you're sticking up for them or just an unwanted dad who has a voice that needs to be kept shut about downgrading or calling out an opposing player. The kids are 15-18 years old and have access to the internet and this site. And when they see their name flashed in a message board post and it's calling them out for "kicking" an opponent while he was down is not something he needs to see. If that truly did happen, you don't think Stolzer will take care of it?

-- Posted by Squeak on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:52 PM
  • I understand that, but if you're gonna point out class about our coaches and get specific I will too. You all seem a little upset about the game still...

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 1:17 PM
  • I understand that, but if you're gonna point out class about our coaches and get specific I will too. You all seem a little upset about the game still...

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 1:18 PM
  • To much back and forth. Bleed even though we go back and forth I respect ur knowledge. Gb can't tell if u got knowledge or not because ur to busy making stupid comments like u live in some big uptown. I've drove through st gen plenty. Looks a lot like park hills, we all have our bad parts. And I totally disagree with calling out any kid on this site so that's one thing I agree with u both on. No need for it. This site is for opinions not bashing 15-18 yr olds.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 1:32 PM
  • I could care less who won the game. What I'm getting at is exactly what Bleed pointed out in his opening post. Claimed the class of PHC isn't there. And you showed exactly what he was talking about when you called out a player. How would you feel if someone called out your son? Exactly.

And I'm tired of PHC acting as if this game was a blowout. 32-6 is nothing to strut around Semo about. If Stg doesn't fumble the ball inside the 10 early in the game, they win the ball game. Totally different game if they put it in there. So get off your high horse cause scoring 32 points against Stg isn't going to get you very far in the playoffs.

-- Posted by Squeak on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 1:42 PM
  • Ignorance is bliss,Squeak

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 1:47 PM
  • Come on now Squeak, I love our kids and respect our coaches, but there was no way we were strolling out of Park Hills with the W. It was very improbable.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:03 PM
  • Looks like both teams could end up going 3-0 in their final regular season games. Good luck the rest of the season to both.

I think the better game this year out of SG and Park Hills would've been Valle vs Park Hills. I know each coach would've hated handing the other a loss, but it would've been entertaining to see. I think we could all agree on this. Or maybe not, who knows.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:06 PM
  • I hope its a better game next time we meet. There sure are some die hard fans on here! I hope you all can come to some sort of truce. I did have a question though, PHC and SG both played Potosi, how do you all think Valle will do against them. I've heard all sorts of stuff, just like to hear what you guys think. I'm just praying for a good game for once.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:08 PM
  • I'm just wondering how long all of you are going to beat this dead horse?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:10 PM
  • Rebelfan86 you should be ashamed of yourself. I am a fan of both football teams, for one reason, and it's football. But you definitely make it difficult to like Central. That's ridiculous, he's just a kid. The Ste. Gen guys on here calling out your coach is a lot different than you abusing the reputation of a kid.

I agree Central owned SG on Friday night. But that doesn't mean anybody is any better than anyone else. The people of both towns should be equally ashamed of the representation on this thread.

-- Posted by #onlytruth on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:49 PM
  • Yeah, it is totally not cool to call anyone out by name, especially a kid! I dont see how the moderators tolerate posts like this, but it's good for web traffic!

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 3:00 PM

I think Valle is going to beat Potosi like they do everyone else. Score is at least 40-6

-- Posted by Football4me on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 3:27 PM
  • If you are offended by a certain post, hit the little yellow exclamation point and it will come to Rachel's attention.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 3:35 PM
  • I to agree that this is all in good fun. No kids name should ever come out.I am a central alum and have a child playing. I apologize to sg fans for that happening. I assure u most or at least I have been a fan of both teams in st gen. They are well coached and do things the right way. I am glad we have the coaches we have now to and hope we are building a tradition we can be proud of to. I root for youns when it's not against central.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 3:52 PM
  • Valle will beat Potosi and PHC and Valle would be a game

-- Posted by hb1025 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 4:21 PM
  • Potosi scores 21. Valle triples that.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 4:59 PM
  • Funny that central fans call bleedgreen out for not showing any class then call out a player by name. Can't wait for your 15-18 year old kids make a mistake so bleedgreen can call them out on a public forum. Great role models. All you buffoons acting like this game was for the state championship should be ashamed of yourselves.

Onto Potosi/Valle. I have not seen Valle play this year, but did go to Potosi's homecoming game. Potosi should consider it a moral victory if Valle doesn't turbo clock them. Beating the #2 class 1 school as bad as they did should say how good Valle is.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:23 PM
  • Tc I really hope someone from your town gets on here and says something you disagree with that way we can lump u in. If u paid attention, which it appears you didn't, there were dragon fans getting on him also. No kids name should ever be mentioned on this site but as long as I have been reading this a lot don't pay attention to that. They have to live with that. That's the second time this week I've saw a fan mention a name. Check the Jackson/cape post. To much drama and egos that think they are experts here. Time to look for a new site. This USED to be the best.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:36 PM
  • It was disrespect, I understand that. But that type of play is just simply uncalled for. Sorry to offend all of you by saying that.

-- Posted by Rebelfan86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:42 PM

Is that guy a real cop? Seriously? Somebody please tell me he didn't originate this post and then tell everybody he was a cop! OMG.

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 9:55 PM
  • That's why I lumped all of you guys together getting fired up over some cop who is still crying about Stolzer suspending him from a game, but I should have been more specific as to who my post was about. It was to whoever posted the kid's name. I would put who it was, but the post has since been deleted. And you shouldnt hold your breath on my team making a mistake on the football field. We don't have a football program. I'm just a guy who heard about park hills and ste gen going at it on some forum. Got a nephew that will be playing for Plus next year though so I'll be a SPX fan. Don't see any lancer fans on here so I'm good on people from what will be "my team" saying stupid things.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:17 PM
  • Need to look at the first of August all kinds of smack talk about Pius. I ,like you agree people are taking it way to serious it's high school. Give it a few years it may be the other way as athletes cycle.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:44 PM
  • I just hope if/when it happens to park hills, (some) park hills fans won't want their head coach fired after a few early season losses like a few years ago.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:58 PM
  • Wow thought it wasn't that serious, guess to u it is. Must be local enough to know what goes on in park hills. I've yet in my 30yrs of watching high school sports not saw a town or team have fair weather fans. Thought they were in every town. Guess the WHOLE town wasn't yelling like they were at Farmington and north county who have went through 3 coaches each to our one. Surely you know the parents who if u don't play their son they yell foul.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 11:14 PM
  • I live about 25 miles from park hills. Plus it's not hard to know what they're saying when it was plastered all over the comment section of the DJ. What is serious to me? I'm not understanding your point.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 12:35 AM
  • That wasn't for this post sorry couldn't delete. Every town has idiots unfortunately they are the ones who get noticed.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 1:05 AM
  • This thread is an embarrassment to both schools.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 7:36 AM
  • I agree they'll beat potosi, the other u can think that!

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:05 PM
  • G & B trying to get someone to bite.......OK..... Valle would NOT put a whooping on PHC. I doubt they would even win. It would be a great game tho. Enough said

-- Posted by Crazydog on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:10 PM
  • This is how junk gets started

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:14 PM
  • Have seen both twice. Valle would win that game. If PH turned it over it would get bad.

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 4:31 PM
  • It doesn't matter because they will never play each other. Last time we played Valle we beat them really bad and they dropped us from their schedule. End if story.

-- Posted by hardwork on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 6:29 PM

Park Hills would lay a sleazy, white trash whippin' on Valle ....but they would be nice and buy them pizza afterwards. (That is, if the methed-out pizza delivery guy's car will start!)

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 8:15 PM
  • last time park hills played valle it was 12-0 valle had beaten park hills the previous 3 years. get your facts straight hw. valle was playing SG and park hills to start the season and were just beginning to build a program. park hills should schedule two good class 5s to start the season and see how much fun that start to the season would be.

conferences have open dates that are sometimes hard to match up opponents.

good luck to both schools except when park hills plays the dragons.

bogeyman does have good point. this thread is not helping any of the schools look better.

good luck to the dragons and warriors this week.

as far as valle vs. ph this year. i saw sg play both of them and it would be a good game.

-- Posted by SGCOUNTY on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 8:22 PM

Bleed Green wanted a party, now he's got one! I don't see him dancing anywhere though!

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 8:32 PM
  • SGCOUNTY is correct. The last time Park Hills and Valle played was 2007 at Valle. Park Hills won 12-0 and it was only 6-0 at half with PHC scoring right before the first half ended. Confused as to how that's a whooping.

I have seen both teams play twice as well. Valle would win by 2 TDs and if PHC turns it over, it would get ugly.

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 8:54 PM
  • Valle is the class of class 1. Let's leave it at that.

-- Posted by hardwork on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 9:18 PM
  • And Park Hills is the class of class 3. After losing to a private school, you run to MSHSAA and cry about it. Let's leave it at that.

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 9:25 PM
  • Beat that dead horse some more squeak. Original.

-- Posted by hardwork on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 9:46 PM
  • It's not dead. Park Hills will always have that in their shadow every where they go.

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 9:52 PM
  • As long as people like you bring up all the time. Your genius.

-- Posted by hardwork on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 9:56 PM
  • It'll come back around right after you guys lose in playoffs again.

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 9:57 PM
  • If I remember right I think valle was once the class of the MAAA.....and they were the smallest school too. Either them or st Vincent. Maybe some of you on here were beaten by them throughout your high school days.

Either way, it seems everyone here has a lot of respect for Valle. They apparently go about their business the right way. They seem to be classy in general. Also, PH's fans, let's not forget your coach's roots. Which is why Bleeds comments about him don't hold water with me. Coach Schweiss has brought a once downtrodden program a ton of respect. Why ruin that for him, your kids, or the program?

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 10:10 PM
  • Well said simpleminds.

-- Posted by hardwork on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 10:14 PM
  • SV was pretty darn good in '06...

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 10:16 PM
  • SV had 3-4 good years I think. But I think they were out of the MAAA at that point.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 10:22 PM
  • What is the situation with the coaches and how they are related to the three schools?

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 10:25 PM
  • Coach Schweiss is a Valle grad. I think he was a QB there. SG's Weiler used to coach at Valle for a few yrs.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 10:32 PM
  • What I think is stupid is the people that come on here and say this is the score bottom line. That's why the game is played. Let's me say as a rebel dad, I very much appreciate Valle and st gen. They are great programs that are well coached and do things right. I believe there's a lot of st gen fans that feel the same way about phc. It's ashame for both schools that the 1% that don't feel that way post on here the most

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 10:45 PM
  • Spot on PJ. I feel it's those guys that probably sucked themselves as athletes in high school. Real athletes tend to do their talking on the field....w their actions.

Are the Royals gonna pull this thing out?? I like the enthusiasm.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 10:55 PM
  • Thank you Simpleminds. I just dont know much about football up there and was curious. Love the passion though!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 11:01 PM
  • I hope the royals do they are definitely pumped.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 11:25 PM
  • Don't think St. Vincent was ever a member of the MAAA

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Tue, Sep 30, 2014, at 11:29 PM
  • We beat them really bad! 12-0. That's a park hillian right there

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 4:32 AM
  • St. Vincent was a long time MAAA member until they and Perryville (formerly SEMO Conference) joined the JeffCo League.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 6:21 AM
  • Thank you for your insight Green & Blue. I'm positive your opinion or how many games you have seen over the years means nothing to PHC and their fans.

-- Posted by hardwork on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 7:12 AM
  • Why would we be nervous about some blow hards opinion. I've said it before here. I'm happy with a winning record. I come from days that we would have been heroes had we won 4 games. **** on the dome. I'd like to beat Burroughs but even if that doesn't happen It's going to be fine by me.

-- Posted by Kzar on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 9:05 AM
  • Sorry PHC fans, the clowns representing SG and Valle on this thread are a disgrace. They are a total embarrassment.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 10:11 AM
  • hopefully people understand these people 'representing' sg and valle are on the fringe and the minority. 98% of sg and valle fans are humble, hardworking people.

-- Posted by SGCOUNTY on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 10:19 AM
  • I know when it comes playoff time I root for all the area teams except when they play us. The farther area teams advance, the better it makes our entire region look.

-- Posted by hardwork on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 10:20 AM
  • Exactly, it's just a handful of individuals.

-- Posted by Dragonfan on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 10:21 AM

I also only cheer for my team during the season, however I cheer for whichever local team is in the playoffs. I am a REBEL but I am tickled for Will Compton who is a Raider, I was wishing the best for Kory Faulkner and he is a Dragon etc. I know not everyone from Ste. Gen is like the fellas on here, I have seen Ste. Gen kids buy REBELS shirts and wear them at our playoff games and cheer for our team. So, I am positive that the people on here are a very small part of the Ste. Gen/SEMO communities and do no represent the majority.

-- Posted by Football4me on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 11:08 AM
  • I just don't see how one game can aggravate some one so much. Park hills was picked to win and park hills won. It's over, and the funny thing is, everyone's role on here would be reversed if SG would have one. A spades a spade. And if your that embarrassed of your favorite teams town, leave.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 11:18 AM
  • I don't know if I would let my daughter over to your house. She might beat your daughter in a race and say she could have beaten her by 10 steps instead of 5 and then you'd get on Facebook and post about it. SG is a young team. They have what, 3 or 4 starters out, including one of the best running backs in the area? Dude, take your lumps and be glad you return a lot next year. Just looked at the roster for SG and most of the scoring has been done by sophomore and juniors. I think every team in Missouri would take a 6-3 or 5-4 regular season record having 4 starters plus a kid who has been running the tables since he was a freshman. The Rebel fans here need to chill because you beat a young injury filled team when you're ranked 3rd in state. No need to beat your chest about that... And the SG fans need to chill because you'll be better next year. You can compare valle to PH somewhat when potosi plays valle. Even then, it really means nothing. I've heard nothing but good things about Coach Weik from my coworkers from Crystal. I think he'll continue the great tradition when Stolzer leaves.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 11:42 AM

Why isn't Coach Weiler taking over for Stolzer?

-- Posted by Football4me on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 11:57 AM
  • I would imagine Weiler is pretty close to retirement as well. Would he want to take over for 2 or 3 years? Doesn't give you much time to implement your system (if it even differs from Stolzer's). What is Weik coaching by the way?

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 12:10 PM
  • Rebelfan86, nobody from PHC has any right to talk about another team playing dirty. PHC is by far the dirtiest team in the area.

-- Posted by PJ24 on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 1:25 PM
  • Any park hills game I've went to hasn't been too bad, but I have heard from a few Potosi and Fredtown fans in years past about the PH coaches putting a steak dinner as an incentive to take players out of the game from both teams. If I remember right it was when Fredtown had the Lewendowski brothers and Potosi had Bourbon. Who knows if it was true or not. The last park hills game that I went to where I saw any "dirty" play from park hills was the year before or the year of this new playoff system against Fredtown. Granted, I have only seen a handful of park hills games since then, but that's an outsider's perspective. Sometimes people take playing hard, as in going for a big hit, as playing dirty. A lot of it is your perspective on the game.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 1:54 PM
  • Did anyone bother reading the comments section in the STL Today regarding the Ferguson mess since it happened? Holy cow, we have some pretty hateful people out there.

Which is why I finally logged on here. I hated seeing people talk negatively about 2 things I hold dearly - high school sports (mostly football) and kids. I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day that said he was writing a letter to the STL sports talk stations and ESPN because he's tired of hearing about all the drama - domestic disputes, murder, DUI's, child beatings, rape, etc. He said he always loved listening to sports talk shows because it took him away from all the negativity in the world. Now he can't even escape that in the sports world.

Ladies & Gentlemen, we have the same here. I look on here for sports updates, breakdowns, storylines, etc. because SEMissourian wants to charge me to read their stories online. I don't come here for the drama, in fact, I usually try to diffuse situations or someone who is being a little over-the-top or unfair......or in a lot of cases on here - inaccurate.

Can we get back to sports, sports trivia, sports strategies, how we think the Malden's could beat the Lamar's if they have the opportunity? How many yards does so and so have to go to break a record? Can a team with Lamar's overall success finally win their conference for the first time since 1931? That's some good and interesting **** right there. If you guys want the drama, take it to Topix or whatever other trashy website they have now. No need to dog everyone's schedule either, I've said before, everyone has poor to mediocre schedules. Most on here have no idea what it's like to schedule a season, much less 10-12 - which is what every AD has to do each year, usually 3-4 or more yrs in advance. Newsflash!!!! - there's more than one sport at each school.

Alright I've said enough. Sorry for the soapbox. Take the drama elsewhere. I want to talk and read about sports respectfully. I want kids who read this to be entertained and excited about sports, not be embarrassed or insulted publicly by a faceless fan or opponent.

Lookin forward to Preach's Touchdown 10!!

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 2:08 PM
  • Love it!!!!

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 2:12 PM
  • If I was an AD, I'd probably have a fifth of jack in my desk. That's got to be one of the most stressful jobs out there in the school system.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 2:18 PM
  • Thank you Simpleminds. Touchdown Top 10 is co-written by Cheesehead and BuckMajor and I have to give them their props too. Couldn't do it without them. I have been under the weather some this week, so hopefully the new one will be out tomorrow.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 2:24 PM
  • That's pretty humorous Thad, I like that. I just wonder how many phone calls those guys/gals make until they find someone that can fill a slot.

Sorry Buck and Cheese, didn't mean to exclude you guys. I knew you both had a lot to do with it as well, just knew Preach was the main one defending the picks and one I've been conversing with so I just mentioned his name.

Cooler weather Fri night, that'll be welcomed by the kids. Anxious to see how these next 3 weeks play out for some teams.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 3:13 PM
  • ThadCastle=TheDaddy=Perrywinkle=you know who

-- Posted by ALL MADISON COUNTY MVP on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 3:26 PM
  • If you guys have been to PHC games like you say, then you know the boys hit hard, but help the other team back up. If someone gets hurt, the boys don't just take a knee, they pray together for that player.

-- Posted by Crazydog on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 3:35 PM
  • Nothing wrong with hitting hard but I do have a problem with unnecessary cheap shots that cause serious injuries.

-- Posted by PJ24 on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 3:49 PM

Teams dont play nearly as hard as Park Hills. Whose fault is it?

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 3:59 PM
  • Who? I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 5:34 PM
  • Teams don't play nearly as hard as PHC? How did you come to that conclusion, Biz Markie? I guess you equate cheap shots and personal fouls with playing hard? I sure hope you're not a coach yourself.

-- Posted by PJ24 on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 8:47 AM

Come on pj24, there are coaches in the area that would give their right arm to have a group of kids that get after it as hard as PHC. If playing physical, hard-nosed football is automatically classified as being "dirty" I would hate to see people's reaction to a team that was deliberately being dirty.

-- Posted by BIZ MARKIE on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 9:28 AM
  • Thad, happened to me too....

-- Posted by mojo3 on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 10:04 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: