Semoball

High School Football Forum: Caruthersville and Malden

Posted by Steve88 on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 9:54 AM:

How do y'all see this game going

Replies (27)

• defense wins playoff games........

Who's tuffer?

-- Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:10 AM

Caruthersville should win much like they did the first game, although it may be a bit closer. Though Darrell is done for the season, Rod Jones isn't much of a drop off. He may not be as physical as Darrell or have his size yet, but he definitely is still very good. Not to mention we can throw Jamal Johnson back in the backfield as well. The last couple games at Hopke field, it has been raining and some parts of the field is just a mud pit. That really helped out a power running team like St.Pius, although they only scored 1 touchdown. With field conditions like that, it really puts a team like Cville in a tough spot. 30mph winds is tough to pass in lol. Saying all that, if it doesn't rain, Caruthersville should win the game. I think Malden has gotten a little better from Week 2 but I still say our defense will hold them to under 20 points. Looking forward to the game Monday.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:12 AM
  • Monroe plays caruthersville by 14.. he doesn't Malden by 7

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:12 AM
  • Cheeese i was hoping that news was false.I feel for darrell hope he heals up good, best athlete ive witnessed playing this year.Good luck Monday!

-- Posted by SGFAN on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:31 AM

Thanks SGFAN. Yeah I really feel for Darrell. He plays with so much passion and just never gives up on a play. I know he wants to be out there with his teammates. He has just had a tough time staying healthy since early last season. He has been fun to watch for this Tiger fan the last 4 years. Can't wait to see him back on the hardwood again this year.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:35 AM

She be a great game looking forward to it. To be the best got to beat the best. Monday can't get here fast enough.

-- Posted by Greenwave Football on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 12:29 PM
  • Did Cville coach really put Monroe back in after he was hurt when game was close?

-- Posted by central on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 12:42 PM

*Should

-- Posted by Greenwave Football on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 12:44 PM
  • Cville 35-13

-- Posted by Steve88 on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 2:05 PM

Greenwave Football- I'm very excited to watch the Cville/Malden match-ups the next couple of years. Both teams have young players who are stepping up. IMO, Class 2 District 1 will be TOUGH to win next year. Obviously Caruthersville will be in the hunt but you will also have Malden, who will bring back some good players with more experience. St.Pius has some HUGE lineman, one is 6'8 320, so they will be in the mix as well.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 2:18 PM

Agreed Cheese. And wow! 6'8 320 is he offensive?

-- Posted by Greenwave Football on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 2:28 PM
  • they also had a 6'5 280 pounder too. Right guard and right tackle.. pretty good players

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 2:33 PM

Pretty Big Lineman for a Class 2 school solid.

-- Posted by Greenwave Football on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 2:37 PM
  • Cheese, why is Darrell Monroe out for the season? And who long will it keep him out of basketball if at all?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:37 PM

Its a bad sprain on his ankle I believe. I'm sure he will be ready to go by basketball season Preach.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:45 PM
  • Thanks for the update Cheese. But that does level the playing field for Malden somewhat don't you think?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:47 PM
  • You never know he might play monday

-- Posted by Steve88 on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:55 PM

I would agree with that Preach if Caruthersville has never played without him. They have proven over and over they can win when he can't play. Rod Jones and Jamal Johnson are pretty good players. I'd still give Cville the edge in the game! I see it being somewhere like Cville 34 Malden 18

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 11:55 PM

And Steve, I sure hope that happens, but only if he's healthy. Would hate for him to try and play and make the injury worse. The kids health is the most important thing

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 11:56 PM
  • Hey Cheese I figured I'd write this here because you will probably see it and to everyone else I know this has nothing to pertain to the subject but Cheese will know what I'm talking about. My son made the bball team this year!! He was persistent where I was thinking he should probably give up.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 6:42 AM
  • No, did I say I taught him to give up? I said where I would of. Don't start with me Bleed go back into hiding soon. It's hard to make that team. Now go find another female to harass like rebel.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 9:28 AM

Per Coach Morgan's twitter page, Darrell Monroe is not out for the season. Says he had a "mild sprain, no swelling. Probably just a week."

-- Posted by Chris Pobst on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 12:46 PM

Congrats to your son TFA, that's awesome!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 12:51 PM
  • Thank you Buck, I was so happy for him he's been wanting this for a long time.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 1:05 PM

Chris if we get past Malden I know Darrell will probably suit it up and give it a go but his effectiveness could be down from his performance last year against MRH. Ever since that hit to his shin in the first game against Charleston last year that leg has caused him some problems ever since. Darrell is tough and will not want to sit out a game that he has the possibility of playing in and helping his fellow brothers win. Can only hope for the best and hope that it's not bothering him when the time comes for him to play again.

With all of that being said he is out 1 game, and that game could end the season for the Tigers they are going to be playing a very improved Malden team that wants to further their play in the bracket. Should be one heck of a game just hoping that field is in decent shape *STAY AWAY RAIN*...

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 2:41 PM

Thanks Chris. I guess I'll need to reconsider my sources before I post on it lol. Heard it from two different people too, go figure!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 2:43 PM
  • I heard one game two days ago that's why I said you never know

-- Posted by Steve88 on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 6:28 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: