Semoball

High School Football Forum: Area All-State performers

Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Dec 7, 2009, at 3:44 PM:

Congratulations to the local All-State football players as voted on by Missouri Football Coaches Association:

Sikeston:

JuQualin Wiggins - First team QB

Chris Jones - First Team LB

Nuquavious Dixon - Second Team DB

Missouri Class 4 offensive MVP - JuQualin Wiggins

NMCC:

G'Darius Stevenson - First Team RB

Kony Ealy - First Team DE

I didn't check the other classes and if there are any athletes I left out, please accept my apologies. Congrats to all.

Replies (17)

• Sorry. Made a mistake. Ray Clark was the LB from Sikeston, not Chris Jones.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Dec 7, 2009, at 7:17 PM
  • here is the link to all the classes.

http://mfbca.com/uploads/ALL_CLASSES.pdf

-- Posted by BillYung on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 12:02 AM
  • Congrats to the All-State footballers from Sikeston. Very deserving through hard work, talent, and production. Also very coachable which is equally important. You have made the Sikeston community proud.

-- Posted by semo ref on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 9:02 AM
  • Rodney Anderson DB from NMCC was also 1st team on defense.

-- Posted by coachpanther on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 1:41 PM
  • Thanks, coachpanther. What position did Rodney play?

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 2:25 PM

I know the Offensive Coordinator for MIZZOU was in Sikeston last nite talking with Wiggins!

-- Posted by Haterade on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 2:42 PM
  • HOOPSIDIDITAGAIN,

Are you sure? I have some pretty solid sources at Mizzou, and from what they tell me, he was there for G'Darius and Kony Ealy's sake. I DEFINITELY hope I am wrong about this, but again, my sources are very, very good. I dont' want to reveal them, for obvious reasons, but if you are CERTAIN of this, I would love to know more about this. Yost was indeed there. But again, I am virtually positive it was for the NMCC boys only. He didn't even arrive at the gym until after the Sikeston game was over.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 2:54 PM

And he sat with Wiggins for about 30 minutes. I was even told Eli Jackson stop by to say hello but HE DID TALK TO WIGGINS!!! Class 4 player of the year should get at least a hello from them! Not to say he wasn't at the game for Ealy or G but I would show up after to talk to the players I want to talk with... Hard to talk to a Sikeston player if they are on the court! I would like to see them take all four of these guys to Mizzou!

-- Posted by Haterade on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 3:05 PM
  • thanks, Hoops. I'm going to be doing some digging. I'll report what I find.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 3:38 PM
  • Hoops,

A major problem is that MU only has about 5 scholarships left to give and they have about 8 offers for those 5 spots already out. Most of the offers are to absolute standout athletes from the largest classifications in Missouri, Kansas, Texas and Louisiana. Not saying they WON'T offer JuQualin, just saying there are very, very few spots left at MU - and more players than spots already.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 3:41 PM
  • I saw Yost there as well. Not saying he didn't talk to Wiggins, but I did see him talking to Ealy after their game.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Tue, Dec 8, 2009, at 10:46 PM
  • Yost definitely spoke with Wiggins and Eli Jackson.....now what that means???

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Dec 9, 2009, at 10:07 AM
  • Talking to prospective recruits and offering scholarships are two different things. I'm just glad to see Mizzou show interest in local talent. IMO Juqualin could play safety at that level and Eli will probably be a 1AA guy. Good luck to both of them! On a side note, I sure hope SEMO is showing interest in them.

-- Posted by semo ref on Wed, Dec 9, 2009, at 10:18 AM

I'd like to see Eli at SIU. I've heard they're interested.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Dec 9, 2009, at 10:33 AM

I'd like to see Eli at SIU. I've heard they're interested.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Dec 9, 2009, at 10:33 AM

Yah-yah you stuttering again...

-- Posted by Haterade on Wed, Dec 9, 2009, at 10:47 AM
  • Was the SEMOBall Top25 picked this year for football? Seems alot of old features bit the dust this season.....

I know, stats are hard to get, and it takes time.

I enjoyed the weekly "High 5" and the SEMOBall Football Top 25....it almost always sparked a debate ( argument) ...but alot of the choices seemd to be good ones.....hard to pick with all the classifications/ special teams players etc..

Just wondered....I am sure Football is a dim memory since B Ball has stolen the show...

-- Posted by Headhunt on Sun, Dec 20, 2009, at 11:09 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: