Semoball

High School Football Forum: Caruthersville Tiger Predictions

Posted by cvilletiger02 on Sat, Aug 24, 2013, at 8:32 PM:

I would like to start off by saying hello to everyone and welcome to another year of high school football. What are your predictions for the Tigers this year I think that we have a lot of players that are going to surprise a lot of folks this year I look for our young running back Jones to have a HUGE year and look for our senior QB Grissom to also have a great year and as usual if Monroe can stay healthy I look for him to bring the Carr Trophy back to Caruthersville and as a team I look for them to play a close one against Mt. View I think it will be a 2pt game going either way other that that I say we run the table LETS GO BIG RED!!!!

Replies (13)

• Caruthersville has a ton of talent, why should that surprise anyone?

I suspect C-ville will win 11-13 games this year. They'll beat Maplewood or Brentwood in the quarterfinals, but a snowflake has a better shot of falling in August than Caruthersville has of beating Lamar.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Aug 25, 2013, at 1:28 AM
  • Caruthersville will be very good again. Statistics indicate southeast Missouri football schools are unlikely to win state titles, however.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Aug 25, 2013, at 1:55 AM
  • Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what happens in Jackson, Mo., this season.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Aug 25, 2013, at 1:57 AM
  • Good luck to cville.

-- Posted by caniplay on Sun, Aug 25, 2013, at 5:32 AM

Caruthersville should be very good again this year. It will be a very tough first game against Liberty. Aside from Lamar, Liberty is the best team in Class 2. Caruthersville has a very good chance at winning the game but will have to get the ball rolling early on. Either way, win or lose, it will not affect Caruthersville's chances in the regular season. Our coaching staff does a tremendous job at making adjustments. Take last year for instance, a lot of injuries early on but made great adjustments to the offense and moving a couple people around and it worked out great.

If Caruthersville can get past Liberty with a win, barring any injuries, I can see them running the table. Don't know much about SG other than what I'm told on here, so not sure how that game would go. I think Charleston will be a surprise team this year. Bogan is a very good running back. It will all depend on how his line does for him. Overall, I see a very competitive year between Semo schools.

I agree with Boogin77 as well. Lamar is just on a whole other level than everyone else in Class 2. Getting past them will be very difficult, although I won't say impossible. Anything can happen through the course of a season. Can't wait til Friday so I can watch my Tigers take the field.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Aug 25, 2013, at 9:22 AM
  • Question on where your field is located? Is it by the high school?

-- Posted by eagletimer on Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 1:19 PM

It's right behind the high school. Less than 20 feet

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 1:31 PM
  • Good deal was looking for the right directions to load in the Garmin. Thanks Cheese head see you all Friday Night.

-- Posted by eagletimer on Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 2:00 PM

No problem, anytime. Have a safe trip to Cville

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 2:11 PM
  • Cheese we'll be needing up to the minute game updates friday nite so get ur thumbs ready! Good luck, heckuva way to start the season!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 2:14 PM

Yeah I'll make sure my phone is fully charged for this one. May even take the Kindle for back-up. I'll post as much as I can throughout the game.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 2:17 PM
  • I believe they will have a strong year Monroe is a big time player!

-- Posted by Real Sports Analyst on Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 8:35 PM
  • I'm from the Mtn.View area , I think it will be a lot closer than last year. Good luck guys , ought to be a good one !

-- Posted by screech on Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 11:13 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: