Semoball

High School Football Forum: Caruthersville vs Lamar

Posted by semofootball10 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 1:15 PM:

Voice your thoughts and opnions. Should be a hard fought game, and a good one.

Replies (16)

I think most thoughts, predictions and whatever else people are thinking about the game are listed on several different threads. I just hope this does not turn into a ******* contest amongst 2 fan bases or overly enthusiastic fans. I try to be a realist while still supporting my team which I think is reasonable.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 1:18 PM
  • same here man.

-- Posted by semofootball10 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 2:56 PM

I'll be rooting for Caruthersville but I think this game will be going to Lamar. I believe Caruthersville is a year away from a run to the Dome.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 2:58 PM
  • Im for cville as well. Although I believe we will play our hearts out and win my 14.

-- Posted by semofootball10 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 3:02 PM
  • Cville by oneż This is a very good group of kids this class is better than any if our old squads hands down they made it farther than any chs class including mines lol keep up the good work fellas ill b there watchin

-- Posted by cvilletger on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 3:02 PM
  • cvilletger: Just to set the record straight, the 2012 CHS Tigers have not made it farther than any CHS class...yet! The 1980 Tigers played in the Show-Me Bowl and lost to Bishop O'Hara from Kansas City.

-- Posted by Judgedog on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 3:16 PM
  • And did the class with jimmy jackson go to the semi two times

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 3:58 PM
  • Ok then besides that game (ohmy) go tigers!

-- Posted by cvilletger on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 4:47 PM
  • For Caruthersville

2003 team lost to Centralia in the Semi's.

2004 team lost to Blair Oaks in the Semi's.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 4:53 PM
  • I'll be rooting for Cville as well. Don't count them out yet!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 5:10 PM
  • Caruthersville played in the Semi's in 94 also.

-- Posted by semo05 on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 9:24 PM
  • Would love to see Cville win but feel that Lamar is probably the better team. If they can stop Monroe it will be a blow out. If not they win by a slimmer margin. If the stars align Cville wins!

-- Posted by X-Man on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 7:12 AM

I'd like to see C-ville take this one, but they have to be considered the underdogs going in. Lamar has a heck of a ground game. The offensive line is very good, and the execution is extremely impressive. Sometimes it is hard for the defense to find the ball.

Caruthersville gave up around 250 yards on the ground to MRH, although a good chunk of that came on scrambles by Hagens, the MRH QB. Still, Caruthersville is going to have to play the run much tougher than they did last week.

Caruthersville should be able to play an extra man or two in the box. Two years ago when MRH beat Lamar in the semis, they stacked 9 or 10 guys in there and were able to control Lamar's running game. I think Caruthersville will have to take that gamble. The Lamar QB should not pose the same passing threat as Hagens, who is outstanding. But C-ville should be aware that Lamar ran a gadget play or two to loosen up the MRH defense in the semi a couple of years ago. They might not have to do that this time, but I'm betting they've got them ready.

Monroe is a great player and will get his yards. If Caruthersville is as opportunistic as last week, they have a chance. But I doubt Lamar will be as accommodating as MRH was.

Still, I'd love to see them pull it off.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 9:57 AM
  • I believe this Caruthersville Tiger Team is what I would call a sleeper. They have played most of their season with key players either playing injured or not playing at all. They started the season slow but have matured into a totally different team. They have healed and are now playing on all cylinders. I believe this team will surprise everyone. Don't count out the little guy he packs the hardest punch.

-- Posted by linebacker on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 8:55 PM
  • Will anybody be providing updates from the game today? What time is kick-off?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Nov 17, 2012, at 1:21 PM
  • I am listening so I will give updates as soon as the score changes!!!

-- Posted by cvilletiger02 on Sat, Nov 17, 2012, at 1:23 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: