Semoball

High School Football Forum: Perryville at Sikeston will be webcasted....

Posted by bulldogfan86 on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 4:30 PM:

on kfvs12.com. Just found out through the grapevine!!! Great news!!!!

Replies (31)

That's a shocker lol

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 4:53 PM

For those who REALLY like Sikeston. Definitely one of the biggest games of the year, if not decade.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 4:59 PM

Seriously? Or was there some sarcasm? Sikeston has to be the heavy favorite in the game.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 5:52 PM

Sarcasm, Cheese. Hah.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 5:53 PM
  • I still recommend a sarcasm button on this site! Sikeston can make it a good show by playing the JV....

-- Posted by mojo3 on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 5:56 PM

Yeah, it'd be neat if we could change the font for our comments maybe at least to italics or something to help denote sarcasm considering the heavy amounts used on this site.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 5:59 PM
  • OK the most points scored by a team in the MSHSAA record book for a single game is 138 in a 138 to 0 thumping by Lincoln Prep Academy over NE Kansas City on Nov. 2, 1985. They came close again the following year, Lincoln beating NEKC 84 to 0 in 1986. Will Coach Gibbs go after the record over Perryville? I don't think it's much of a stretch over the 58 - 0 thump from last year...

-- Posted by mojo3 on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 6:26 PM

Nahh. And even though MSHSAA doesn't recognize it (not sure why), Sikeston did once beat Caruthersville 148-0 way, way, way back in the day from what I've read so Gibbs will always have that standard to compare himself against.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 6:32 PM
  • watch out! perryville might make it a game! i'm not sure perryville could even score on their scout team though...

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 6:33 PM

Im picking PERRYVILLE. UPSET ALERT IS ON NOW. CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. I THINK I LIKE IT. I HAVE NO TRUE FACTS THAT CAN PROVE MY THEORY BUT ITS A GUT FEELING AND PERRYVILLE HAS HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE ON THEIR SIDE

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 7:52 PM
  • sikeston will do what they need to in this game Perryville still isn't on the same level that sikeston is on sorry perryville fans : - (((( 48-7 SIKESTON WWWWWIIIINNNNSSS

-- Posted by head coach on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 9:30 PM
  • AND SIKESTON HAS THE NUMBER 1 SEED THEY HAVE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE

-- Posted by head coach on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 9:32 PM
  • head coach is wise beyond his years....KFVS picked the game of the week...they must want to get home early Thursday and watch the World Series!!

-- Posted by RedShirt on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 9:53 PM

IM HAVING A HARD TIME REFRAINING FROM CALLING YOU AN IDIOT BECAUSE I WAS OBVIOUSLY JOKING AND EVEN STATED THAT IT WAS BASED ON ''NO TRUE FACTS" SO IM NOT SURE WHAT YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE COMPREHENDING? Maybe it's the caps lock I'll turn it off. -> I'm having a hard time refraining from calling you an idiot because I was obviously joking and even stated that is was based on "No true facts" so I'm not sure what you're having trouble comprehending?

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 10:20 PM
  • perryville obviously has the advantage in this game guys... don't kid yourselves. buncha' sikeston homers!

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 11:23 AM
  • The obvious reason I posted this is to be informative. I have a connection to inside information regarding web casted games on KFVS' website. Those who are interested can tune in and watch. For those who are curious as to why Sikeston gets exposure, its relatively simple. The cost of a webcast is about $1000. Sales reps are dispatched to gather the money for the webcast. Sponsors are asked to donate and in turn, their businesses are represented during breaks in the action. Those persons that are upset or otherwise curious as to how to get their hometown team web casted can simply contact the station for further information regarding this issue.

-- Posted by bulldogfan86 on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 11:46 AM
  • In all seriousness bulldogfan, I heavily admire the community support the Bulldogs are getting to be able to put it on! As said the sarcasm meter needs to be posted. Seems to me this upcoming game isn't the "BIG GAME" that would warrant such an outlay by the sponsors. However, if they are willing to shell out the dough for this game and the up-coming district games to get it webcast by the local TV station, then more power to them and congratulations on the support!

-- Posted by mojo3 on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 12:43 PM

I was just messing with the Rocket's and Sideline. They know how I feel about KFVS 12. In no way do I knock Sikeston for that. They have the support of the community and I respect that. Just a little ribbing with the long time Sikeston posters on here. They know my true intent wasn't anything negative towards them at all.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:10 PM
  • Thank you mojo for your nice comments. You are right.....Sikeston fans and businesses have been very supportive of its sports programs through the years and this year is no different. One of these days hopefully the football program can win a state title. Right now, Webb City is dominating Class 4. Realistically, I dont see anyone beating them. But, thats why the games are played on the field.

-- Posted by bulldogfan86 on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:19 PM
  • Supposedly Webb City will be moving up to Class 5 soon. But I've been hearing that for years. Regardless, Sikeston and all other Class 4 teams in the area have a long way to go before contending for state titles.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:35 PM
  • Cheese, have you noticed we havn't heard much from Rocketsbro this season?

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:40 PM
  • Do you think Webb City recruits from the Joplin area? If not, then how in the heck are the able to be successful year after year. I looked at their roster recently on maxpreps, and saw that they carry 87 kids on their varsity roster!! That's CRAZY!!

-- Posted by bulldogfan86 on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:41 PM

They run the same system from the time there in the 3rd grade to high school and they are fundamentally the soundest team in the state of Missouri. No need to recruit They also distract the other team with their uniforms which are absolutely dreadful

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:44 PM

Yeah! Im sure the board will pick up more when basketball season gets here.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:46 PM
  • They have a system that is rolling. Once you get it rolling, if you can maintain good coaching over the years, it can last for a long time. But I also hear about families moving their kids there because they want to be a part of that football program. To be clear, that is not recruiting. But also to be clear, not every player on that roster is home-grown talent.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:53 PM
  • I just find it hard to believe that a town with a population of 11,000 +/- can churn out the kind of success that theyve had in the past and even now without some sort outside help. Either that, or John Roderique has complete control there. State champs in '89, '92-'93, '97, '00-'01, '06, '08, '10-'11.

-- Posted by bulldogfan86 on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:54 PM
  • Interesting. There is a town here in Oklahoma called Clinton. That town is also about the same size as Webb City. The coach also has complete control of its football program. For them, losing is not an option. They have numerous state titles, so, what u say about having total control does have merit.

-- Posted by bulldogfan86 on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 1:59 PM
  • Did you just respond to yourself bulldogfan96? Don't get me wrong, I've been one to pat myself on the back before, aka the Barry Horowitz Award (those that don't know him, look him up). i.e. "semohoops made a good point with that comment."

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 2:29 PM

Either he forgot to log into his back-patter account or he does a tremendous job of reffering to himself in third person

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 2:45 PM
  • Or (gasp!) a third option, multiple personality disorder.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 2:53 PM
  • one of my neighbors has that... it's some shary skit! she is always having heated arguments with herself and screams all the time... we didn't find this out until we called the cops cause we thought there was a sikeston-like domestic disturbance. she's kind of like jim carrey in me myself and irene.

on another note... BG needs about 6 back-patter accounts.

i doubt webb has to recruit. kinda like harrisonville a few years ago. they are just one of those towns that turn out athletes and have a great coaching staff and take football seriously for 4 years, all year long.

haven't you ever noticed that it's usually the teams with the most god-awful jerseys that are usually the good ones? take potosi the last few years. those old jerseys before everyone got the new nikes, potosi's yellow and purple blinded other teams. bourbon ran wild because it was like trying to tackle the sun and marler could throw the ball up for grabs because the defenders were too busy shading their eyes! with the new jerseys, there is no glare off that mustard yellow.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Tue, Oct 23, 2012, at 4:30 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: