Semoball

High School Football Forum: NFL TEAM IN CAPE GIRARDEAU: THE CAPE GIRARDEAU SHOW

Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 8:23 AM:

I believe the city of Cape Girardeau, Missouri can have an NFL team, the Cape Girardeau Show. The team colors are navy blue,royal blue,white, and yellow.Cape is not a big city, but niether is Green Bay. However, i believe the stands would stay full with fans from all the small towns in Southeast Missouri. If i had the mula i would take it the NFL panel and make it happen. Local businesses would prosper also.The Rams will have another rival just an hour away too. Sounds great!!!!!!!! This is my team, Mr. LU.

Replies (13)

I'm pretty sure that L.A. has dibs on the next team. But I don't know. That proposal you are making really may sway Roger Goodell.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 12:01 PM

Heck yes! I agree, I got about 25 bucks I can spare to help with any expense. Cape has an airport, interstate, train tracks, and water passage ways. What else do you need? When they play New Orleans they can use an old wooden keelboat and float down the Mississippi just like Huck Finn. I would open a float trip service from Cape to New Orleans for the game, where fans can tube down the river, then BART picks you up at New Orleans and drives you back.

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 12:24 PM
  • LU BLUETIGERS....is this a serious thread? I not trying to be a jerk, but surely you can't be serious.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 1:57 PM

I am serious and stop calling him Shirley!

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 2:16 PM
  • hye there Buckos my cousin name is shirley so no not be makin fun of that name!

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 2:17 PM

Green Bay is a much bigger city than CGI. 307,000 versus 96,000 in the metro areas.

However, if they wind up renovating the dome, I could see them playing a season in Columbia.

-- Posted by nimbus on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 2:18 PM

Im very serious!!!! Does a city really have to be big to have a professional sports teams? Where is the fan base? Jackson, Cape,Scott City,Perryville, Charleston, Sikeston, Poplar Bluff, Malden, New Madrid, Kennet, Caruthersville, East Prairie,Cairo,IL, Mounds,IL....etc.,many more towns here!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 3:04 PM

We wont know unless we try!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 3:06 PM

The Cape Girardeau Show mascot? It can be the word SHOW on blue helmets in white letters, like HOLLYWOOD,with beams of yellow light streaking upward.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 3:09 PM

Cape Girardeau Show (c)copyright 2012 3:10 pm.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 3:11 PM
  • Lmao, we can't fill up houck or the show me center with any event but you expect to be able to start up an nfl team. You might want to think of the cost just to build a basic building or even add onto houck. Building a stadium would be the biggest single project I have heard of in this area and we sure as hell can't come up with that kind of money around here.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 3:11 PM

DONATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIM TEBOW WILL BE MY FRANCHISE QB!!!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 3:14 PM

Of course i need a few big names on my roster.

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 3:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: