Semoball

High School Football Forum: Why? Please tell me why

Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:55 AM:

I would like to know why, it seems, that everyone dislikes Sikeston (football and basketball). Is the teams' recent successes? Is is jealously? This is a serious question.

On another board, a poster suggested that if Dexter beats Caruthersville, then Dexter should be #1 in the local poll. Really? Didn't Sikeston just beat them by 30 a few weeks ago? He also suggested that if Caruthersville wins, they should be #1. No reasoning that I can tell, just utter disdain for my beloved Dogs.

I'm not all that opposed to Farmington being #1, but Week 10 will tell us that.

Please explain the hate....

Replies (205)

• rcket689, now Bucko that is a good topic. i always heard do not just hate the playa hate the game. no ideas of why your talking about though. it mite be cause every sikeston fan under the sun is on this forum is why.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:00 AM
  • Nobody likes you because despite your intentions and how you perceive things, you are generally @$$es

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:13 AM
  • I think that bearcat is somewhat right. That alone is scary. People do tend to dislike other programs that have had success. Especially if you hear about those programs alot. Although "every Sikeston fan under the sun" are not on this forum, Sikeston probably has a majority. Take for instance, I grew up as a kid in the 80's. I got sick and tired of hearing how great Notre Dame football was. Because of that I couldn't stand them. Always on tv, always getting talked about. They were a dominant team once and I had no other reason to dislike them other than I constantly heard about them.

-- Posted by trainhard on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:17 AM

You're intelligence shows no bounds, makeitrain. Let's lump all Sikeston fans into one, immature description. That's awesome. Every single fan base has people who are annoying. But, then again, every single one has fans who are cool as can be and tell things how they are.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:22 AM

trainhard, I was the same way as a kid in the 90's with the Dallas Cowboys. They were a great team, but I got tired of hearing about them.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:23 AM

I'll be quite honest... I'm fed up with talking ab sikeston! It's a tired and worn out subject and they have a ton of posters that just seem to beat the drum louder than others. You can call me jealous that's fine, but more tired and fed up

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:33 AM

This is a great question. I will give a much more detailed answer at a later time. I would say it has nothing to do with recent success or jealousy, seeing as how they've only been good for a few years. Me personally, it's not so much the teams, but the actual citizens of sikeston. But like I said I'll have more examples later.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:39 AM
  • Like trainhard and yah-yah said it's mainly because of success. Sikeston has been one of the top teams if not the top team in the area in the 2 most popular sports, football and basketball for the last 3 years. Other schools have a better all-around sports program but there isn't as much attention to sports not named football and boys basketball. And if it makes anyone feel better some Sikeston fans don't like the arrogant Sikeston fans.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:48 AM

^^THIS^^

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:49 AM
  • traintard, i like the way you think Bucko. i also hated note dame back when i was younger cause they was always on tv. so i am with you on that Buddy. i think it is was because sikeston is so good right these days. by the way i also trainhard, have got a good bemch press that is around 215 pounds now. i getting stronger.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:14 AM
  • Last year Cape/Sikeston posters were at war on here....basketball and football. Reason being, both had "pretty good" teams, term used lightly... So the battle for bragging rights dominated this forum. Once that was settled "on" the playing fields, everything got quiet. Isn't that really where things are supposed to be settled? A new year and a new opponent....same ole' same ole'. If the team isnt any good, no one would be on here arguing. I guess Sikeston fans have to ride it while it lasts and take on all comers. So get a little tougher Rocket :) In this instance, being disliked is good in a sort of way....

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:21 AM
  • i would have to agree with you berkleyfan. the cape poster peoples are way more annoyeing than the sikeston ones.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:24 AM
  • I didn't say that the Cape posters were more annoying.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:26 AM
  • "Pretty Good" this is exactly what we are talking about. You have to use every opportunity to get a shot in about Sikeston! You could have just made your point, but NO you had to make a stab. By the way, I didn't realize that a Class 4 State Basketball Championship was just "pretty good"!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:29 AM

He said, 'term used lightly,' reddirt.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:32 AM
  • Red Dirt..... If you had any clue, I am a huge Sikeston fan, this wasn't a shot at Sikeston, I just didnt want to come off as arrogant about Sikeston....Having a chip on your shoulder is fine, as long as it doesn't become a boulder.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:32 AM
  • Red Dirt..... If you had any clue, I am a huge Sikeston fan, this wasn't a shot at Sikeston, I just didnt want to come off as arrogant about Sikeston....Having a chip on your shoulder is fine, as long as it doesn't become a boulder.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:32 AM
  • I just get tired of hearing the same stuff about Sikeston. It's absolutly because of the success the program has had, but has far as there being a lot of Sikeston posters on here as I've said before, it's not are fault there are so many of us! If others don't like it then go recruit more fans from your team to get on here, otherwise don't knock us for standing behind are team in large numbers!!!!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:40 AM
  • "Only been good for a few years."

That's funny Buckmajor. 599 wins seems to refute that.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:48 AM

My only beef with Sikeston is some of the posters! If you have a different opinion than they do, they won't let you hear the end of it. It's their way or no way! Believe it or not, they are not always right! No one else can have an opinion on things if it doesn't involve them praising Sikeston. Other than that, I have nothing but respect for the Sikeston program. Very successful over the last few years! Great Football and Basketball program!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:50 AM
  • redirtdoggy, please just settle down rite this minute young man. there is just is no need to talk so loudly on your puter Bucko the buckeit. round here you's have to give respect if you want to get it. semihoops, what does .599 wins mean Bucko, it look like that is more like a win percentage Pal.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:53 AM

They won 599 games..They are going for 600 Friday

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:55 AM
  • I'll be quite honest... I'm fed up with talking ab sikeston! It's a tired and worn out subject and they have a ton of posters that just seem to beat the drum louder than others. You can call me jealous that's fine, but more tired and fed up

-- Posted by Harry_Callahan on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:33 AM

I agree. This stuff is old and not worth reading.

-- Posted by HeHateMeToo on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 11:56 AM
  • I agree that Sikeston sucess is the main reason people get tired of hearing about them all the time and if it was any other team it wouldn't be any different with their supporters, so let them have there day (or years) of success cause it will end look at NMCC!!

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:22 PM
  • Cheesehead, good point. How dare people have varying opinions and not agree with YOU on everything. And then for them to have the audacity to discuss it on a public website forum. That's just nonsense...

The only reason someone gets mad when his/her opinions are challenged is because that person is starting to see the holes in them.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:22 PM

You just proved my point!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:32 PM

Rocket asked a question and I replied. You didn't like what I said so now let tbe childish attacks begin. Don't ask a question if you don't want an honest reply

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:34 PM
  • And you just proved mine...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:34 PM

No the problem is when someone says anything negative about Sikeston. You can't stand it and start your relentless childish attacks! Grow up already!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:37 PM
  • I knew someone would make a comparison to NMCC before I was done reading the posts..LOL That's ok, we will be back some day, and that day may not be too many years away. Better check them JV scores boys.

-- Posted by MayorEagle on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:37 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if NMCC started back winning next season! They don't have a bad team, just a brutal schedule. By far the toughest in the area

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:39 PM
  • I am a Sikeston Supporter! (Just don't just add me to the mix of the needy ones)

I don't like how every thread becomes about us because some Sikeston fan wants to pound his chest and say Sikeston is the best. It makes us seem like one of the first posters put "a$$e$)Let people talk about Dexter, CVille, Cape, Farmington and other schools that deserve the praise at this time. I don't have a problem with people thinking that CVille should be number 1... They have beaten everyone they have faced and they are doing it in convincing fashion. So being undefeated gives Cvile fans and students a reason to think they deserve a fair shake at the #1 spot. I think if you read this post and actually have to ask the question then you may be part of the problem. As a Sikeston Fan some need to chill out when someone says that Watson is the 2nd best running back in SEMO area. Put it this way if you are from Sikeston and see Watson play weekend after weekend then you feel Watson is the man... If you are from Cville and watch Fonda play weekend after weekend you feel that he is the best. I think both schools have the right to think that their guy is the man! I mean think about it this way... Being the second best RB in the SEMO area isn't that bad for either of them!

I feel there wouldn't be any issues if Sikeston fans who are childish and always feel that they have to protect the team by taking a forum hostage and writting that "Sikeston is better" just stop. It is that simple! Stop thinking it is us against the world and think that because someone doesn't agree with you that it is time to make them look stupid and start attacking them and their opinions!

JUST RELAX SIKESTON FANS!!! AND DON'T MAKE STUPID THREADS ABOUT OUR FEELINGS BEING HURT!

WHO CARES!

Go Dogs!!!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:42 PM
  • Oh I see. How dare someone defend a negative comment about their team...

That makes sense.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:42 PM
  • Swaggin, I agree. There are some Missouri teams that would manhandle Sikeston, i.e. Webb City. I'm just willing to concede that there are any in SEMO that are going to do it. At this point, I think Farmington is going to be the only real game Sikeston will have in the regular season. Cape is the only other that even comes close. Sikeston has earned the bragging rights and wants revenge on Gateway.

BTW, no one said there feelings were hurt.

One more thing - right now, Sikeston is the king of SEMO. So, pay homage...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:50 PM
  • Right on, bro!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 12:57 PM
  • Finally, some common sense from straightswaggin. Can't both fanbases just enjoy their teams' success and not try to downplay the others accomplishments? I can't wait for the Carr Trophy argument to start (insert eye roll).

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:00 PM

No one needs to pay "homage". Sikeston is good and us as Sikeston fans know it. There are just a few that feel like they have to babysit every word on here and make sure no one "bashes" their team when what they are actually doing is just opposing someone's opinion. Everyone has a right to their own and there are some that just can't stand for other people to have one. If you want to babysit get a weekend job doing it, just stop being little b*&$@^es about what someone else says on semoball!

-- Posted by mmorse on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:05 PM
  • Since I started the thread, I feel that I should respond as well. I think, as stated on here, that Sikeston's success and consistent discussion causes some discourse on the part of other fans. However....however....don't blame the Sikeston faithful because we have the most posters on this website. All that anyone has to do is "recruit" other posters. One only needs a computer, or smartphone or tablet for that matter, and an internet connection. Obviously, the Sikeston fans are very passionate about their Dogs...especially me.

It also seems that most Sikeston fans just like to have reasons for someone's knock against the Dogs. We constantly hear..."Sikeston is not that good this year and C'ville is #1." Ok............WHY???? Just because you don't like me or the other Sikeston posters isn't a valid reason. You also have to remember that some of the sarcasm is just from seeing how much it frustrates the other posters. In other words..."the pot needs to be stirred."

Yes, Sikeston is enjoying a great run right now. I'm sure, as with other schools, it will ebb and flow over the years. As someone who bleeds red and black, I hope it doesn't. :-)

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:07 PM
  • I should also add that I am just a sarcastic guy. If that bothers someone, then, well, frankly, I don't really care.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:11 PM

Two spaces after a period when typing semohoops, general rule. That way you don't have .599 confusion. Only been good a few years was referring to how rocket was talking about recent (which I interpreted to mean past few years) success, and jealousy. Not the history of the school! Thanks though for always never ever ceasing to critique every comment I make. Just wait, I'm sure you will be included in my more detailed post later.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:11 PM
  • Can't wait!

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:15 PM
  • Should be an interesting read Buck! Can I get the publishing rights?

My OPINION, I think it's a combination of things. I don't think it is just one reason.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:18 PM
  • MayorEagle, I checked one JV score.

Sikeston 32, NMCC 24

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:18 PM
  • Again,

As a Sikeston fan I am VERY PROUD of our Bulldogs but don't need to go to the hayti/Cville thread to let everyone on know that "Sikeston Rules" Makes me think about the family in the Adam Sandler movie...In the movie this family was abunch of bully's and finally got theirs...

Remeber them "O'Doyle Rules"

I am just thinking we can be the "KINGS" of the SEMO area without being the "JERKS"! Just my opinion! Also I have no problems with MOST fans from Sikeston on here... Just a few who tend to "Toot there own horn" I would like to think that most fans from Sikeston have the class and know when we earn a win and escape with a win!

JUST MY OPINION!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:22 PM

^^ SPOT ON! ^^

-- Posted by mmorse on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 1:39 PM
  • Buck....you might want to keep the name-calling to a minimum. Just throwin' that out there....

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 2:40 PM
  • We should have a pick up football game... Sikeston Fans against the rest of Semoball area fans.

I can see it now:

Head Coach of the Sikeston is ok Faithful..

SEMOHOOPS!

Head Coach of the Sikeston isn't ok Faithful..

bearcat1forall

Please chose your alliance now.

I really think Sikeston could field a team.

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 2:56 PM
  • I don't know about a old man football game, but I'd be willing to compare IQ's and ACT scores...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:02 PM
  • I of all people do not like Caruthersville, but they will beat Dexter easily and I would bet a decent amount of money they could handle Sikeston this year.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:02 PM
  • Mobrigade, I'll bet you that C'ville and Sikeston won't even play each other this year!

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:09 PM
  • Come on rocketsbro, didn't u used to hit'em hard when u were on the red team?

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:13 PM
  • Maybe, but I didn't go to college for free because of an athletic scholarship. And, I'm not as young as many seem to think...I just never grew up...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:20 PM
  • Trust me, I know about it, and I know how old you are. Lol!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:21 PM
  • bro....you're killing me!! LOL! I would agree with that, though!

mobrigade...C'ville may very well beat Dexter. We will see on Friday night. However, I don't think they could beat Sikeston because of their defense. Just my opinion....

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:25 PM

Rocket, when did I call someone a name!? If I did, I didn't realize, and I apologize.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:31 PM
  • Buck....I don't know that you have. I was just referring to your comment about calling out semohoops. I was just suggesting that you not do that. However, you are free to post what you want. I'm just saying that there may be ramifications of your post.....that's all. But, please....be my guest.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:36 PM

Oh okay haha. There will be no name calling or calling out haha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 3:39 PM
  • Sikeston is good. No, they are very good. I have a lot of respect for their program, but not every thread has to be about them. Whether it's talking about how good they are, or about how 'everyone' hates them. Because that's not the case. I am not a sikeston fan, or a sikeston hater. I am just a semoball fan.

-- Posted by MissouriTiger on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:02 PM
  • I posted at 10 o'clock, there are now almost 60 posts. I didn't read them all but i would bet some of you beat on a dead horse a couple different times or else I can't see why there is that many posts

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:08 PM
  • No in all seriousness...I can think of about 15 Sikeston posters that are on here.

Not sure of all their ages but there could be more.

SIKESTON TEAM

Rocket689

Rocketsbro

Sideline Starter

mandm96

semohoops

hoopsididitagain

mmorse

yah-yah

REDDIRT-DOG

holydawg

barkleyfan

Fatboy

trainhard

harp98

duke fan

Don't know who any of these people are but we would have a team by numbers if a couple guys could play both sides of the football!

LOL!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:15 PM
  • Interesting, Rain.....you said you haven't read anything, but you know what is there. I guess you are a clairvoyant then. I wish we Sikeston fans were that cool.

It's interesting how the "Sikeston" threads generate the most posts when "nobody" wants to hear about Sikeston.

If you don't like Sikeston or are tired of hearing about them, don't post or read.....it's pretty easy. There are many other threads on here. You can discuss volleyball, soccer, tennis, softball....whatever you choose.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:17 PM
  • swaggin....I started to do that the other day....that is, list the Sikeston fans. That list seems light, but it may be correct. Let me think on it a little....

Good list though!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:18 PM
  • sportsfanatic, yourself (you missed that one! LOL), junior bulldog, Dustin Ruby, sherlock holmes, sonic-the-hedgehog,

I'll think of a few more later.....

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:21 PM
  • dogs2167

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:22 PM
  • straighswaggin, I'll play if I can be all time QB, and hoops has to play a skill position! On another note, are any Semoball posters going to the Cape/Farmington game in two weeks? Sikeston will be @ Perryville, so I will be scoping out the competition for the last two games.

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:25 PM
  • I just realized who you are REDDIRT.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:26 PM
  • All time QB.....that's hilarious!! That brings back good memories.....

I would love to go to the game in Farmington, but I'll probably go watch us against Perryville.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:27 PM
  • bro...I'm trying to confirm, but I can't reach a certain "dog." He didn't answer... He'll call me back later. However, I bet you are right.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:28 PM
  • Farmington @ Central...

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:28 PM
  • From what i read about hoops he isn't really skill position material. I mean if he is as large as he describes then I think I know where I would play him. He should cover your blindside and play tackle!

But what do I know! I ain't Vince Brown!

In case you all don't know

Vince knows skill positions!!!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:30 PM
  • Oh, well, that may change my mind, DukePhan.

swaggin....hoops would definitely be left tackle material! lol

Vince knows hoopsididitagain, too!!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:31 PM
  • True, hoops is a man of size, but NEVER, EVER, doubt his skillz. He is more of an athlete than many of us, I'm sure. That's funny Swag. Vince Brown SMH

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:34 PM
  • Are you sure rocketsbro?

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:51 PM
  • I have a real good idea.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 4:56 PM
  • Well, maybe.

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 5:02 PM

WOW...

You all know how to blow a thread up while someone is away!

I would like to say put me at left tackle on offense and FB on goal line offense. I can't call myself the Fridge since that name is already taken but I am think maybe we could call me the "BULL DOZER" I will clear anything that gets in my way!!! If we need a good TE that will not have the speed but can block and catch anything thrown at him I will sign up for that too!

juniorbulldog and Yah-Yah -would have the kicking duties.

trainhard, barkleyfan,REDDIRTDOG and semohoops-could be our RB/WR

Offensive line would be a strength!

MYSELF- Left Tackle protecting my qb's back!

DukePhan-can be on the left side of the line with me(not sure about the qb stuff)LOL... I am thinking Left Guard

MANDM96-would probably be on that line I am thinking center (he has always like men being behind him) LOL just kidding mandm96

FATBOY-(just because of name) would have to be the Right Guard

HARP-would have to be Right Tackle

What Postitions would the Rocket Boys play?

Swaggin, Sideline what position are you looking for on this DREAM TEAM?

Now this is a fun thread!

What about HEADHUNT? No body mentioned him!

-- Posted by Haterade on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 5:06 PM
  • I would be happy as the wuh-wuh-wuh-waterboy...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 5:20 PM
  • As long as they stay in the shotgun we are good to go!

-- Posted by mandm96 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 5:23 PM
  • Headhunt would be inside linebacker

-- Posted by trainhard on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 5:37 PM
  • i just wont in on this little game. I just will will just play defense and tackle up anthing in my way. wear do I getta play Buckos?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 6:44 PM
  • On the corner of Luther and Osage. If we're not there, head over to Ruth/Branum. Tackle the first guy you see...good luck.

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 6:51 PM
  • I just get on here to talk sports and have a little fun. I could care less if you like sikeston or not. I've had a good time on here and when I see rocket or sideline we just bust out laughing, don't take too much we say to heart.

And I'd coach the team, I think my joints still move good enough to be allowed on the team.

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 8:02 PM
  • in my opinion people arent jealous of sikeston or hating on sikeston people most fans get smart with yall fans because they never stop talking to be honest and you guys have only really been good for a few years now

-- Posted by cape222 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 8:02 PM
  • 600 wins came in a few years cape222, dumb comments like that make us get smart!

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 8:08 PM
  • Did anyone see the game going on the sideline during the NMCC game? A grown man was playing with some younger kids and he got trucked! That could have been the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 8:11 PM
  • Just now seeing this thread so I'll give my opinion. I dislike a lot of kids that I grew uphere playing sports against from sikeston, but also am still friends with many. I feel like sikeston fans in general, not just this forum, are a little cocky. Yes, we all know you've had some good athletic teams these past few years but we're tired of hearing about just like ND. Notice how nobody hates SCC fans because they don't gloat, except to sikeston fans. Lastly I just don't like how everything always end up related to sikeston.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 8:13 PM
  • It's real simple, "Arrogance" is the reason for so many people hating on Sikeston. It's not all fans, but the few have ruined it for the rest of them. Sikeston sucked for at least 5 years and as soon as they got good, boom, here comes all the loud mouths like the Bulldogs were God's gift to football. That rubs everyone the wrong way. Cape fans did a bunch of that last year too. Farmington has been much better than Sikeston over the last 10 years and you don't hear half that crap from them. Maybe the occasional remark, but not absurd that I've read over the last 2 years about Sikeston. Just my opinion from reading these post the last couple of seasons.

-- Posted by officer pigskin on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 8:40 PM

I don't hate of the Sikeston posters.I actually like a few of them. Everyone has their disagreements from time to time. I just wish all the fussing between us would slow down a little so we can talk some football! We both have good football and basketball programs, let's just be happy with that and talk sports.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:07 PM
  • This post is only 11 hours old. It was posted by one of the Sikeston posters that seems to start the most crap. It just seems we are suckered in by the village idiot. Please don't feed the animals.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:13 PM
  • Hey jacka$^1993....you must have me confused with someone else.. Obviously, if you don't like a thread you dont have to post....or read it for that matter!!!! If you can refute what I say, then do so with facts, not personal attacks. You must be a liberal....that is directly out of their playbook.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:25 PM
  • And the haters just keep on hatin'...

It must suck to be as miserable as mule1993.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:29 PM

I get it...

Mule = jack@$$

LOL!!

That's funny right there...I don't care who you are!

-- Posted by Haterade on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:32 PM
  • Thanks, mule....you proved my point.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:33 PM
  • Tomorrows topic will hopefully bring peace and harmony back.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:47 PM

BuckMajor presents, with publishing rights by mandm96:

Reasons Why BuckMajor Has Disliked Sikeston Over the Years

Let me start out by saying that I don't hold grudges, I have gotten over all of these examples pretty quickly. Some of this is informative, most is good fun and in jest. All is directed toward citizens in Sikeston that I come into contact with, I for the most part enjoy conversing with the Sikeston posters ( yes, even you semohoops ;), that guy knows his stuff, and is well educated on sports). Also all of this is MY opinions, based off of real experiences, none of it really requires arguments, cause it just what I have believed through different times of my life. The question was asked, why do people hate Sikeston, and I am going to give examples of my take and that of others I have conversed with.

The First thing that comes to mind, would be at the SEMO conference basketball tournament in 2008 I believe. I have mentioned this on here before, but I am referring to the Michael Porter dunk at the end of the game. He dunked the ball, hung on the rim by one hand, pointed at the crowd with the other. If my memory serves me correctly, he got a technical and that was his 5th foul, and he was removed from the game. I, along with others, thought that this play was in poor taste and classless. At the time I thought it showed him to be a extremely arrogant person. I understand people can get caught up in the moment, and people are hyped up, and things happen. Everyone has show out moments. The same can be said for the other side. We were hyped up as well, it was a great game, so the over reaction would be to be angry at him, thus causing dislike to Sikeston. So that would be one of the things I know caused people to dislike Sikeston at that point in time.

Lots of people do not like Sikeston for the Bums. Sorry guys, I know yall have great school spirit, but there's tons of people that hate Sikeston teams because of yall. Not saying that is right or wrong, just an opinion lots have. I don't like how they never ever cheer for their own team. It's always chants directed towards the other team. You never here a "GO SIKESTON GO", "GO BULLDOGS", or anything to do with the colors red, black or white. You do on the other hand here lots of "you cant do that" "start the buses" talk it over" (to the other teams huddle), the famous "YOU,YOU,YOU,YOU" brain stutter thing, not sure what to call it, and the occasional, yes it has happened "A.C.T." and "L.D.". Also the back and forth with other student sections, being completely oblivious of the game at times. I know for a fact that even the occasional fan gets annoyed with these chants. I'll admit they get on my nerves some as well. I think this is a big reason many schools dislike Sikeston during basketball season.

Another example, exclusive to New Madrid fans and my view point, is none other than the infamous quartergate scandal in 2010 haha. One player in the huddle, one of friends, and my family members were hit with quarters during the game from a Bum throwing quarters across the court. I know this is a silly instant lol, and it was just a couple of fans, but it did cause people to hate Sikeston. It was big enough for the AD's to exchange phone calls, and I believe the kid cant come back to games, maybe not I'm not sure. It was just a few kids, but as they say, little yeast leavens the whole lump haha. So I know this turned people against Sikeston at the time.

Also the gentleman at every game that barks the entire game is pretty annoying, I'm sure he gets on other peoples nerves too, maybe not. Just thought I would throw that out there haha.

I've heard fans say that Hollifield gets on peoples nerves. Personally I guess I'm okay with him, he's a good coach, but I know people that hate him. Maybe its the temper tantrums, I don't know, just another reasons some may hate Sikeston.

The Carr trophy also really gets on my nerves. Just my opinion. I don't care for the award. I don't like trophy's with unwritten rules, and I think we can all agree that the Carr trophy going to a senior is one of them. Sure there have been years where it hasn't, but those cases are all so rare that they barely matter. Even on this forum people suggest Watson, and Fonda, and the kid from Farmington. All seniors, and all worthy candidates, just no one mentions someone like Monroe, he's a great players, but we all know he doesn't have a shot until his senior year. This award was not designed for that purpose. So I just generally don't care for it. The year of Jaqualin Wiggins is what this example comes down too. This is more of my hatred for the award, not Wiggins at all, that has spurred this, he just happened to be the winner that year. G'darius Stevenson had had over 2,200 rushing yards that year, one of the most in SEMO history, and I along with many others thought he was the best candidate, yet he was a junior. Wiggins also had a great season, and he was a senior, thus he go the award. I would have been upset with any one but G'darius winning that award, a Sikeston person just happened to win that year. So that's was a reason people hated Sikeston at the time.

Next, this also happened Jaqualin and Eli's senior year. It was the district championship at the new Dexter gym, between Sikeston and Notre Dame. It was a great game!! I was dating a girl from Sikeston at the time, red pepper, and after the game us and some friends went to a restaurant in Sikeston. About 8 people. At the restaurant we got seated next to Sikeston's principle and his wife, and a school board member and his wife. I knew what the principle looked like, and the girls confirmed that the other man was a school board member. As we leave the restaurant, the girls get in their car, and the guys I went to the game with get into my car. We happened to leave the same time as the principle and happened to be parked directly beside him. I think the principle may have thought we were Notre Dame fans, I and another friend were wearing blue shirts, though we weren't fans of either team. This is where the story gets interesting, finally I know haha. The Sikeston principle reaches into the front seat of his SUV, and pulls out a Sikeston district champ shirt. Which angered some that they printed those before the game. He then unfolds the shirt, stretches it across his chest showing the lettering, like those players after they score a touchdown. He stands right at the hood of my car, and taunts us with this shirts, pumping it up and down, smiling and acting his shoe size. Looking back I laugh at this every time I think about it. Although at the time I wanted to step out of the car and hit the man in the face. Though his is another instance why I hated Sikeston at that point in time.

Another reason I know New Madrid hates Sikeston is last year at their homecoming verses New Madrid. During their spirit week, they had a hillbilly/cowboy/country/redneck day. Many New Madrid people felt it was directed at them. I believe that is prolly wasn't expected to cause the disturbance it did, but that is was a jab a NM. I know that this turned people against Sikeston.

One final thing, and this comes from citizens of Sikeston, not semoball posters. I repeat citizens from Sikeston not semoball posters. I want to go ahead and congratulate Sikeston on making it his far, and having the opportunity to play for their 600th win. That is a great accomplishment! Although I have heard many say that they now are in the same league as Chillicothe, Webster groves, Jefferson City, and Rockhurst. Many say that they are some how not automagically as good as those teams. Well lets break it down.

Webster Groves: won 4 state football championships.

Chillicothe: Has been conference champs in 2008,1996,1994,1993,1991,1990,189,1988,1987,1986,1985,1978,1976,1973,1972,1970,1969,1968,1965,1964,1942,1939. Has won 5 state championships. 2 undefeated season, and 2 2nd places. they have won championships in plaster sports complex and busch stadium.

Jefferson City: They are know for their great athletic programs. Since 1976 their teams combined have won 35 state championships, 29 second place finishes, 118 top four finishes, and 225 district titles. Jefferson city has won 10 state football championships more that any other school in Missouri. They also have one of the nations longest winning streaks at 71 games.

Rockhurst: Also known for their great athletic department. They have won 30 state championships in the last 10 years!!! In the 2008-2009 season, their teams won 6 state championships. They are also the only school to win football and basketball state championships in the same year. In recent years, Rockhurst has repeatedly been named one of the top ten athletic departments in the nation by Sports Illustrated. Rockhurst is also the only school to win football championships in all of Missouris major venues, Busch Stadium, Arrowhead Stadium, Faurot Field, and the Edward Jones Dome. The football teams have been to more state championship games (14) than any other school. It is also the all time leader in state playoff appearances and wins. 5 of their teams won state with undefeated seasons. 6 of their teams have been nationally ranked. 3 of their coaches are in the Missouri high school coaches hall of fame, and their current coach was USA today's coach of the year in 2002. Rockhurst has 9 state championships.

So my humble opinion is that they are not in the same league as some Sikeston citizens would say.

I hope you have considered my view points, and may now realize some examples of why Sikeston is hated so much. I'm sure some people hate the Sikeston posters on semoball. I don't have a problem with them. Sure the rockets and dustin/inspector like to pick and joke with people, some people are just sarcastically challenged and can't take a joke haha. Sorry for the lengthy essay, but hopefully I shed some useful light on the situation.

Sincerly yours,

BuckMajor

Copyright mandm96

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:47 PM
  • Buck, you are incorrect about one thing....Rockhurst is not the only school to win a football and basketball state championship in the same year. Kearney did it a few years ago....2009. They beat Helias in football and Borgia in basketball.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:56 PM
  • Buck, so why do you really hate Sikeston?

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 9:58 PM
  • How dumb would we sound saying "go sikeston go" and that list made me roll laughing, you put a lot of thought into that.. Hahshahahahahahaha

And to try to put down our 600th win is ridiculous, we may not have won a state title but we've still reached it before anyone else in the semo area, how many teams have won state from

Around here?? But I guess all those teams shouldn't ever be mentioned with any of the greats?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:04 PM
  • But I forgive you buck and the 25 cent master is allowed back to the games, I went to this past football game with him

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:06 PM
  • I also find it hard to believe that any self-respecting Sikeston girl would date a hillbilly/cowboy/country/redneck from New Madrid.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:10 PM
  • ^^^^^LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! ROFL!!!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:11 PM
  • I remember when they tried to make a big deal about that

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:13 PM
  • And qualin was the class 4 offensive MVP, he was over 1000 and 1000, plus the best safety I've personally got to see play

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 4, 2011, at 10:33 PM
  • Someone said if you don't like the Sikeston posts than don't read them,well that's kinda hard cause most of the time no matter what the topic is it turns into a Sikeston topic. So to whoever said if you don't like it don't read it that works both ways if it's not a topic about Sikeston don't make it into one.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 7:19 AM
  • Alright biggie, then tell everyone to not mention sikeston in any posts that don't pertain to us, we do make some threads into sikeston ones but sometimes someone else brings it up, and it hasn't been just us. But when other people do it it's fine right?

And buck I have been at every event in your list as to why you hate sikeston.

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 7:41 AM
  • No its not fine for other people and you are one of the guys that people get tired of. Instead of just stating your opinion you have to always put a little BULL$?$T in your comments all it does is make you come off looking like an @$$

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 7:50 AM
  • Dustin, I'm not tired of you.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 7:56 AM
  • can we just all just not get along guys? erybody knows that rocketsbhole is just a smarty panties Bucko.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:35 AM
  • an just also i would just say that about 90 pertent of these people that talks smack can not play on little bit so they just talk cause they ca not play.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:40 AM
  • Thanks for the rights Buck! And just because I feel like the Sikeston population owes you reperations for your anguish, I will not take any money off the sales of the article you published! LOL!

-- Posted by mandm96 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:04 AM

Haha wow Dustin that's pretty funny that you've been to all of them haha. And I don't hate sikeston now, just at those points in time. Will have to sit together and chat at a game sometime haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:05 AM
  • bockmajor how do you see thems eagles this year speeking of basketball?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:06 AM

Your welcome mandm haha! I'm thinking we turn it into a screenplay lol!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:06 AM
  • Sounds good! I don't think it would be to hard to find the people to play the roles! LOL!

-- Posted by mandm96 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:07 AM

Bearcat, I see them better than last year. The freshman class is one of the best bball teams in years, but they will need experience. This will be a learning year. I would say by next year, NMCC will be back to it's normal basketball self. So better this year, not outstanding but still good. I'm excited for the season for sure!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:09 AM
  • that sounds good bockmajor! i remembers watching them when direk tipler played they was good. is the freshman team playing varsity or jv?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:44 AM
  • Biggie, I could care less honestly. I mostly talk about sports, if you don't like my opinion then that's fine, I dont care about yours either!

And buck It was fun remembering all those times, my favorite was that dunk by mike, he didnt mean that by disrespect that was a fun game to watch, just look at the size of those two teams compared to the teams now. They towered over these guys.

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:45 AM
  • My cousin is involved in NMCC and he's said for a couple years that these younger guys are going to bring back NMCC basketball

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:47 AM
  • well hey hey dustin ruy. so it just sounds like you have been to bunces of sikeston games Bucko. do you play any sporties?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:49 AM
  • Michael Porter, 17 years old, dunks and hangs on the rim and salutes his fellow classmates. If this is the worst act that a Sikeston athlete has committed in competition, then Sikeston's coaches and players are doing a hell of a job. I can't think of another technical that a Sikeston player has gotten since then. Wonder if NMCC, or any other team around here, has had any technicals in that time? If Kony Ealy dunked just like Michael did, do you think the NMCC crowd would sit there and shake their head in disbelief and utter disgust? You gotta get out more BuckMajor. There are worse things going on at other schools, including your beloved NMCC from time to time. Please tell me your not oblivious to some of the things I've seen them do. But the bottom line is Sikeston is in the spotlight so these actions are enhanced. If this happened, at say, Gideon, you probably wouldn't be griping much about it. No offense to Gideon. Just an example.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 10:34 AM
  • Apparently NMCC still hasn't recovered from it.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 11:14 AM
  • sounds like it just could be that some sikeston fans are jealos of nmcc since that is all that all that you have talk about here today

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 11:22 AM
  • Didn't Ealy get kicked out in the first period in their regular season game? Just sayin'.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 11:23 AM
  • Meant to say, In their regular season game that year.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 11:24 AM

I am just ready for this adult pick up football game!

-- Posted by Haterade on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 11:27 AM

Bearcat I think most will play varsity. The varsity needs them and they are good enough to play varsity.

Semohoops, I was giving examples of reasons why people have hated sikeston over the years. I know for a fact, that cause hatred for sikeston, it doesn't matter if that hatred was right or wrong, it happened. Sure I understand he was young and got caught up in the moment, and that is the worst iv seen a sikeston player do, I can't recall seeing them get another technical off hand. So they have done a great job. But I was giving examples of things people didn't like. NMCC and other teams have had technicals during that time, but those don't matter, were talking about things that caused people to hate sikeston. Those would need to be addressed in a thread about why someone hates another team, and a reason being a so and so technical they saw. If Kony dunked like that, I can't speak for everyone else, only myself. I would have been disgusted with his actions, and I would have talked with him about it after the game. How his actions can effect others, and he needs to lead by example, cause people looked up to him as a role model. Please sir do not tell me what I do and don't need to do. I didn't call you out, I even complement you in the post. There for sir don't call me out. I dare say I get out more than you do, you have no knowledge of what my occupation is or how I lead my personal life. Sure iv seen worse things at other schools. Players slam balls, balls kicked and throw, cheerleaders punching players , players punching players, cheer leaders punching opposing cheer leaders. But those things don't matter, the question was addresses at sikeston, why do people hate sikeston. At that point in time, that was a reason. Im not gripping, I'm answering the question. I don't care if he hadnt come down and was still up there hanging on the rim to this day. So if it happened at Gideon, or any other school, I would have been just as disappointed. Sikeston wasn't even in the spotlight at that point in the season, it had barely started, and the year before they weren't that spectacular as the following years. I hope I addressed some of your questions and concerns.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 11:30 AM
  • if u are reefering to me then could be a reality Bucko. i will let any of you boys run the ball and just try to run it passed me if you dare. i will be power bombin you complements of capt. insano.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 11:31 AM

Artist formally known as HOOPSIDIDITAGAIN!

After I truck you I will go celrcrate with my friends...slap hands, slap hands!!

-- Posted by Haterade on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 11:35 AM

Celebrate*

-- Posted by Haterade on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 11:36 AM
  • i would be willing to just bet all the money in taiwan that you could not truck me or whaver that means Bucko! i am a pretty big stong dude and might just surprise you alligator ark tackler. bring it as tony little once said.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 12:11 PM
  • So again, if these are the worst actions that have happened at Sikeston, then it's got to be something more than the examples you have shed. Because there are worse things happening at other schools. Nobody will admit the true reason why they hate Sikeston because it sounds like whining. Sounds like sour grapes. But the true reason most do is that they are winning. That is just the way life works. People hate the Yankees. People hate the Lakers. Why? Because they dominate. You don't hate the Minnesota Twins or the Seattle Mariners or Golden State Warriors. They're nobodies. You hate the people that are on top.

Maybe you, BuckMajor, have other reasons for your hatred, and only you, yourself know those true reasons. NMCC people have hated Sikeston since the 80s, so there is more to it than winning when it comes to NMCC folks. I know a lot of people from down that way. It's always been that way. And their reasons are simple. Jealousy and envy. NMCC wants what Sikeston has. Even when NMCC has a better team, they still hate because Sikeston (to them) has everything. This is straight from the horse's mouth of people I know down there. NMCC people are desperate to be relevant. Desperate for a rival, but Sikeston people turn their nose up at them and don't acknowledge them. There is some truth to this too and I'm sure this is a major reason for that hatred in addition to the envy. But it isn't because of some kid dunking and getting a technical, or the Bleacher Bums, or one arrogant administrator. The hatred was already there. These actions just fueled the fire and the fact that Sikeston keeps beating them and everybody else makes it even worse. Because if people hated Sikeston for the reasons you listed, then they're bound to hate every team in Southeast Missouri who are doing worse things. I've seen it.

I'm sure you are different BuckMajor, so you are in the clear on these reasons and no need to defend yourself.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 12:27 PM
  • I hereby nominate semohoops' post on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 12:27 PM as Semoball.com Post of the Year.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 12:44 PM
  • Here, here!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:05 PM
  • What was so great about it? It was just one persons opinion. Why don't you give us an intelligent post?

-- Posted by SoaringEagle on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:06 PM
  • here just we go with the rocket baby boys yanking on there buddys jockstraps once once again. here here whot rocke689? makes no sense Bucko. again it sounds like somone is jealos of nmcc . do not know why though. when is this foosball game gonna take place?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:16 PM
  • Username....please see semohoops post 3 up from your. Thanks!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:23 PM
  • *your post.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:24 PM
  • "Desperate for a rival, but Sikeston people turn their noses up at them and don't acknowledge them".

There you have it folks. We have a winner! This sentence says it all. The #1 reason people don't like Sikeston.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:27 PM
  • I normally don't comment on the bickering going on during some threads, but I have almost got to question semohoops' sanity right now because his last post bordered on insane. Period. I normally agree with what he says, but not this time. It is posts like that, that makes kharma come back at you in full force. Drop the 'tude dude!!! That is, unless you are just joking about all that you wrote.

-- Posted by KevinDuBrow on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:35 PM
  • Ok... Ok... Ok...

You want the real reason people don't like Sikeston?

Here it is, wait for it, wait for it ...

Neal E Boyd! Because not every town has talent! LOL!!!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:42 PM

Good point Robbin! Exactly Kevin!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:47 PM
  • Vince KNOWS Neal E. Boyd!!

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:47 PM

No...

Rocketsbro knows Neal E. Boyd!!!

-- Posted by Haterade on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:49 PM
  • LMAO!! Touche'!

-- Posted by sportsfanatic on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:50 PM
  • I just repeat what I've heard from the people I know from New Madrid County. That's all I did. Nothing more. Just an example. I asked a direct question to a friend of mine that went to school there...."Why do you guys hate Sikeston so much?"....His reply, "Because you guys kicked our butts every year." That sounds pretty straight-forward to me. And the conversation got deeper and deeper with other him and other NMCC people and that's where I got all the jealousy/envy stuff. It's not like I created this fantasy out of thin air folks.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:51 PM
  • I just want to say that overall Sikeston has been a good program overall not just the last 3 years. I grew up in Sikeston watching the likes of James Wilder. After 7th grade I mocved to Seattle and returned my senior yeat were I played Football, Basketball and ran Track. That year we won the District title and lost in the sectional round of the playoffs. We also lost in the sectional round in Basketball that year after winning the SEMO Conference. We dominated on the track for years. Winning not only the SEMO Conference Title but the District title as well for multiple years.

As most schools SIkeston hit a downfall. People started moving away and the talent pool kinda dried up. A lot of the kids stopped playing sports and a lot of them got into trouble.

Over the last 3-4 years the younger generation has started to get back into the sports and as U can see the programs have picked back up. So please do not think of Sikeston as just a 3 year wonder. We have been competitive in most sports for years. We are now in a internet age where U can see stats online. Look up our past sports accomplishments. We have had great ahtletes come thru Sikeston

-- Posted by CoachJ914 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 1:51 PM
  • I see that sports fanatic and alligator have seen my new commercial series for Crapcast....

Vince Know why everyone hates Sikeston!!!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:04 PM
  • Fair enough, hoops. But you have to admit the "we are better than you therefore you are beneath us" mentality is prevelant in Sikeston.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:05 PM
  • preech it robbincoby. i myself an an think something along those lines Bucko. what kind of name is that robbincoby? is that germain?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:08 PM
  • It is swahili for "alligator tackling" Bahahahaha!!!!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:10 PM
  • Yes, I know some people are like that robbincrosby.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:11 PM
  • straightswiggin, if us just are making fun of me then why do not you come on out to the football sometime Bucko? i bet you would run like a skeered kitten now would you? i challenge you and your freinds to come out to the grimiron field and see what is up. when i get done wit you you will be like jonny cash and be walkin the line Bucko!

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:22 PM
  • "Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle." --George S. Patton

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:33 PM
  • robbin....there are people like that in any town. I know people in New Madrid like that. That's a very broad generalization about Sikeston. To say that it is prevalent is a bit presumptious.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:33 PM
  • That is very true too Rocket. It's not like these examples we keep hearing are only isolated in Sikeston. Which of course brings me back to the original point that it is something else.....the most likely being that Sikeston is the king of the hill at this time. At some point that will change and some other team will be the team everybody hates. I also think the internet has changed everything. Sikeston dominates the message boards. It ticks people off. Webb City dominates Mosports and everybody hates them too. Wonder why? Cause they talk smack and they back it up. People can't wait for them to lose. Sound familiar?

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 2:41 PM
  • I'm guessing that Sikeston will have a pretty good presence in the Basketball forum at Mosports.com this year...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:22 PM
  • I just want to thank BuckMajor for his lenghty comment above as to why Sikeston is hated. For someone who "hates" Sikeston soooo much, you sure do keep up with a lot of Sikeston information. When I "don't like" another team, I tend to ignore them. You really need to get a life. It must take a lot of your time and energy to remember all that stuff about Sikeston... and FYI.. When Sikeston student body plans the "themes of spirit week" I can guarantee you they don't stop and think, "Oh I hope that we don't offend New Madrid by our choice". They actually never cross our minds.

-- Posted by reddogfan on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 3:54 PM

Semohoops, other than being class 4 Sikeston does not even need to be compared to Webb City, just stating the facts. Oh, and we do not have to wait til someone beats Sikeston, they have already lost. Basketball is a different story, until someone beats you guys you are #1 so I can see where you are coming from on that angle...there should be a strong backing on MOSPORTS from the Sikeston faithful on the BBALL boards, and rightfully so.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 4:02 PM
  • I think we have hit the nail on the head several times. It's always the team that is having success and being talked about a lot that is hated the most! Wait, except for Notre Dame! Everyone always hates them no matter what! LOL!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 4:12 PM
  • You are correct about ND, reddirt dog!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 4:22 PM
  • We can add Reddogfan to the Sikeston Roster!

We are starting to build a solid team!

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 4:31 PM

Your very welcome reddogfan, it always brightens my day when I can bring joy to the life of another :) have a good day kid.

God is love!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 4:39 PM
  • just do not worry about hatrs bockmajor. they is all skeered to play some real football with me the beartat1forall!

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 5:01 PM
  • If only ND had a football team, then our hatin' could be complete...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 5:05 PM
  • Don't worry Bro. It's coming!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 5:07 PM
  • I hear that, like Mizzou, they will recruit well out of Texas.

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 5:13 PM
  • Yeah, they'll end up with Borgia's leftovers...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 5:34 PM
  • This thread has to be the most comical I have read in a long time.

As far as the talk about Sikeston fans thinking they are above others goes. Every school has that rival or opponent that thinks they are above the competition. I get the Sikeston/Notre Dame/ New Madrid talk. I can see where fans from New Madrid would feel that way. I'm sure those from Dexter feel the same way about Sikeston and Notre Dame. People from all the rival schools in Stoddard County feel the same way about Dexter. That's going to happen.

The fans from Sikeston are always going to get hammered because their team(s) are good and they have plenty of fans that don't mind to get on the internet and flaunt that fact.

bearcat1forall needs to get back on the short bus and try the 2nd grade again. LOL

-- Posted by GSP on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 5:59 PM
  • nice try Bucko gps, i got drone to school by my neighbor. when i just was in school we had not had no shirt busses. Ur name is after a finding device how lame.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 6:04 PM

Bearcat we need to get our football team together and figure out a practice schedule!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 6:34 PM
  • yes Bockmajor we do. can u caoch football? put me at outside linebacker!

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 6:51 PM

@buck... Only position bearcat1forall is good for is " left out "

-- Posted by Haterade on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 7:55 PM
  • I wasn't going to feed the animals but I just read the next post about C,vill Hercy and wouldn't you know it, the leader of the rat pack(rocketbro) was doing his best to start crap. Rocket689 If you have not found the answer to your question yet It might mean you are part of the problem. Its not a hatred of Sikeston or its fans it the few on here that just seem to show the true spirit of (most) Sikeston bloggers on semo ball. Believe it or not (most) everone on here will cheer for Sikeston when they are not playing their own team. Gadget you still need a girlfriend.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 7:56 PM
  • Actually the post was about CHARLESTON and Herky. I just pointed out that C'ville fans had performed a bit of thread-jackery.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:06 PM

I can coach and play cornerback! But I'll put you at outside linebacker. Nobody can get past my man bearcats tackling skills! Hahahaha good one alligator.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:29 PM

Where is Hemingway!?!? I miss that guy! Hes a balla shot calla, he would call all the sikeston posters, wiggidy wiggidy wiggidy wac! Lol!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:31 PM
  • Hey mule I gets mine!!! Believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:35 PM
  • mule1993.....obviously your intellect is not much larger than your shoe size so I will type this slow so you understand. This thread was started tongue-in-cheek (you know...kind of like a joke). And....thank you very little.....I have discovered the answer to my question.

Just think.....if I am the village idiot, I got you to respond......twice. What does that say for you?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:41 PM
  • I've never heard one Sikeston person ever compare Sikeston to Webb City, Jeff City, or anybody like that. I'm not sure where you guys have heard that. Maybe some youngster might have claimed it. I've never read that. And if somebody did, some of you guys really need to not be so gullible and believe everything that some teenager posts. Consider the source, take it with a grain of salt, don't take it as the gospel that all Sikeston fans feel that way, and just move on.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:42 PM
  • hoops....he was trying to be a smart%#€... You said that the Webb City fans hijack threads on mosports...comparing us to Webb City.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:45 PM
  • I don't think anyone has said that. And all this about the younger generation is getting old. I'm the only high school student that I know who posts on here. Usually what I say is a joke, but I know the team better then most people. I talk to the players everyday, and I'm good friends with all of them. Because I'm younger that means I don't know football? That doesn't make sense, because you guys are older means your opinion is better then mine? That makes even less of sense. I do know that I'm not hiding behind a screenname when i give my opinion, which in fact would make me more of a man then most posters on here? But I forgot since I'm still s teenager i don't know anything...

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 8:47 PM
  • Just curious rocket689 what answered did you come up with. And gandet you are telling a lie.You tackle a fat girl after prom.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:03 PM
  • I'm not talking about you Dustin. Just saying some teenager in general. Nobody in particular. So sure, certainly an adult could make some outlandish claims as well. Sorry to generalize your peers in such a way.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:06 PM
  • Mule just a couple things

1. I keep dimes, and your too old and irrelevant to know what that is probably

2. Big girls need love too

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:09 PM
  • Semohoops that wasn't directed towards you in general either, I've read it a few times

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:09 PM
  • There goes that intellect thing again, mule.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 9:36 PM
  • Buckmajor, I am never too far away. At all. These Sikeston posters do not realize that NMCC sports are not too far away according to you and your sources. They could be back on top in a few years if things go right. I would actually love to see it if it happens.

-- Posted by Hemingway on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 10:48 PM
  • Me too hemmingway, the NMCC sikeston game when dontre kony gdarius eli qualin and qua playled was one of my favorites of the past few years. The semo conference championship was a good one too. I'd rather every team

In semo be on top of their games then to be rebuilding

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 5, 2011, at 10:56 PM
  • That's pretty neat

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 7:04 AM

Hey good to hear from ya Hemingway! Yes I would love that as well. Your right Dustin, those were some great games! It's always better when lots of teams are good. Makes it mote exciting. I hope that happens again sometime soon!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 6, 2011, at 8:10 AM
  • I am in at Inside LB if yall still want me....

BUck, you will be hapy to know, somebody aparently got the word to "Mr Entertainment" that does the play by play....on the loudspeaker.......after I heard him say somethgn ridiculous about the 54 yard line in a game at home this syear ( and YES he REALLY said that ) I feel the backlash from alot of Sikeston fans , finally said outloud ENOUGH......trust me, more Sikeston fans have been making comments about that rube since he first started ad-libbing....he was literally an embarrassment. The quiet up there now, is like a breath of fresh air....

Sorry if that guy is anyones brother or son, or in law....but lets admit it, that guy is plain old horrible at that, he may do other things very well....if so , he needs to stick to them...

Just one old MIddle Linebackers opinion...

Headhunt is solely responsible for his opinion, ( but trust me, I got 30 guys that back me up on this one)

-- Posted by Headhunt on Sun, Oct 9, 2011, at 1:00 PM

Hahaha yes I am happy to hear that! I bet y'all all gave a collective sigh of relief lol.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 9, 2011, at 1:12 PM
  • YOU bet......had a guy from Perryville last year, said he was about to come over and kick that guys ***

I told him , I'd help.....hahaha

it would be like that scene from Airplane.....where everyone is taking turns slapping someone, trying to get them to come to their senses....

I think the line would be longer than the concession stand at Halftime..

-- Posted by Headhunt on Sun, Oct 9, 2011, at 1:24 PM
  • Pretty simple answer for me...their fans. I've never seen a group of fans with such a chip on their shoulder, especially consider the general lack of success outside of the SEMO area. The student section is more concerned with trying to come up with a juvenile chant about the other team than worrying about what their own team is doing.

It's not about jealousy, not even close. My high school won more state championships in different sports during my 3 years there than Sikeston has in school history...that's not me trying to be arrogant, that's just facts.

What bothers me about Sikeston is that generally their athletes are as classy as anybody, and I don't know about other sports, but Coach Hollifield seems like a very good guy. It just makes you wonder why their fans can't take a cue from the kids on the court.

I don't even hold the "Let's talk about Sikeston some more!" message board stuff against them. Sikeston has had some success over the past 5 years or so, so why wouldn't we talk about Sikeston? Also, everybody likes to talk about their own team more than in necessary...that's not exclusive to Sikeston.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Oct 9, 2011, at 1:55 PM

Thank You Jax,

You are always welcome on sikestonball.com, oops I mean semoball.com!

LOL...

-- Posted by Haterade on Sun, Oct 9, 2011, at 2:27 PM
  • Farmboy, most ND people I know don't hate Sikeston or have any general dislike other than just being a district rival. My post earlier was mostly directed to NMCC fans, since the original poster I was referring to is from there. And as I said, it's not as much about the winning Sikeston is doing, but jealousy and envy that Sikeston seems to have everything (at least compared to them). Again, this is from years of conversations and personal relationships I have with people down that way. This isn't my opinion.

I know you personally may think different from most ND fans and you stated your reasons for that above. But I also think you let message board posters influence your opinion more than personal meetings with these people. And while this message board does have some fans that are over the top, which I agree with, you still have thousands of others in town that may not. I understand this is the way the world works that. A few bad apples spoil the bunch.

But I also assure you, there are worse fans at schools across the area. I've seen them, but I don't bother posting about that because it doesn't mean anything to me. All I care about is what I am seeing between the stripes, not in the bleachers. And their fans are not in the spotlight like Sikeston's are for various reasons, the main one being that their fans aren't on the message boards. Try going to a few small school basketball games around (without naming names) and you will see poor sportsmanship at its peak, topping anything I've ever seen at a Sikeston sporting event.

As I have said many times (but I know it falls on deaf ears), people should try forming their opinion of how the players behave on the court and the field. Not how the fans act in the stands. It is how the players act and perform....to me that is ALL that matters. THAT is the sign of what education, teaching and coaching is all about. Not a handful of people on the message boards.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sun, Oct 9, 2011, at 3:35 PM
  • Farmboy, I'll start off with this. The bums have done the same thing for years, We made it to 90% of our games and a few of us went to other teams games because we enjoy the game of basketball. Can't really do that with football but we would. I guess you've forgotten some of the chants your alumni said this past year. Or the constant heckling of the ref after every call that doesn't go their way, something I've witnessed us do once in my four years as a bum. But most people turn a blind eye when their own is doing something wrong. We have packed houses to almost every football and basketball games, and I'd say the best community support. We grilled out for the gateway team and gave them a meal before their long haul home.

Because we don't take semoball as serious as death and give some posters heck, which sometimes we do cross the line, but it's all in fun, doesn't mean our community has terrible fans.

I wouldn't want to go to any other school in southeast Missouri, and you can have your opinion on why you hate sikeston but if I told you why I hated ND it'd shed some light on some things that go on inside ND

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Oct 9, 2011, at 5:22 PM
  • I nominate this as the longest and dumbest thread I have ever seen. The Weekly Top Ten on why Sikeston is hated is pretty stupid. Sikeston has 600 wins. This just shows how deep rooted the program is. We have had a football program about as long as any other SEMO team. The varsity would play a schedule that included Cape's college team at the time. So there is a lot of history there that I am proud of. 600 is just a number, but the richness and depth of the history of those 600 wins is what is repectable.

Chastizing a 17 year old kid that dunks and hangs on the rim is a little harsh. Do I think it was right? No. I even commented on how it could have been done differently. But none of us had any control over that, so the point is moot.

The BUM's date back to the early 70's. My father was one of the first BUM's. He's not particularly happy with where it has gone. Another long tradition that Sikeston has. With the Red Pepper's. I am indifferent. I'm not a proponent of throwing things onto the court. But I'm also not a proponent of a visiting team's fans causing the field house to be shut down because of fighting.

The barking fan comment. Really? We're the Bulldogs for crap's sake!!

Redneck Day was not directed toward NMCC. You guys can take anything and turn it into a negative can't you.

-- Posted by BullDawg9 on Mon, Oct 10, 2011, at 6:54 AM

It's not our fault everyone is jealous of us. Embrace the haters. Especially Dexter since they are obviously trying extremely hard to be just like us. Sorryyyy bout ya!

-- Posted by Gaga11 on Wed, Oct 26, 2011, at 11:09 PM
  • ^ there's a good reason why some people don't like sikeston. Bringing stuff up just to talk about yourself.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 6:51 AM
  • ^ obviously that wasn't the most serious post. Reasons why I hate every other school, y'all botch ALL the time

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 7:17 AM
  • Goodnight JohnBoy, nite grandma, nite grandpa......time for this to be put to rest...and to all a goodnight!

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 8:14 AM
  • If only the sikeston/semoball team had a minority to get pass the Rooney Rule

-- Posted by ihateAZ on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 10:05 AM
  • ^^Yes.....only then could we be successful!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 11:19 AM
  • ...ijs

-- Posted by ihateAZ on Thu, Oct 27, 2011, at 1:06 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: