Semoball

High School Football Forum: Caruthersville@ crystal city

Posted by Tigersfan on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 12:44 AM:

I see the score being 47-14. Dont see Crystal City stoppin Monroe and Fonda

Replies (11)

• 49 points seems like an awful lot Delo88. I think this game will be closer than Caruthersville's first two games. Crystal City has the advantage of playing at home. Nevertheless, I still like Caruthersville's chances.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 12:45 AM

I think Caruthersville is more than capable of scoring 47 points against Crystal City. However, if I was Caruthersville, I would be working on a few things before the game next week against Hayti and get a few kinks out. Penalties killed us in the first half against Kennett. I would air it out a little more just to give the Sophmore QB a few more reps in with his WR's. I'm going to say Cville wins it 38-14

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 7:05 AM
  • Their Qb is going to have to beat Hayti, I guarantee you Monroe and Fonda won't just lineup and run over Hayti

-- Posted by Indian4ever on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 9:48 AM

Ok IceCold I think we get your point. Same ole crap from you! We get you think Hayti is the ultimate team because they beat Malden and E.P. and you seem to think Caruthersville is not in the same league as Hayti. Hayti will win by 40+ and Hayti's QB is just the next coming of Mike Vick! By the way, what are you basing this off of? Any evidence of why Hayti is just that much better than anyone is Semo? BTW- I really doubt Hayti has anyone who can just flat out dominate Darrell MOnroe, just sayin!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 11:02 AM
  • I never said anything about hayti being the ultimate team, or going to win by 40, do I think Hayti can beat C-ville yes. Is hayti a top 5 team in semo yes. One person dont have to stop monroe, just like one person didnt stop tanner murphy.

-- Posted by Indian4ever on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 11:37 AM

I know Hayti is more than capable of beating Caruthersville. The difference between Murphy from Malden and Monroe from Caruthersville is that Murphy doesn't have any help. Monroe has plenty of people who can take the slack off him because if you just focus on Monroe, there are several other players who can beat you also. When I saw the schedule, I knew there were two games I was worried about, Hayti and Dexter! Caruthersville is the favorites to win both games until proven otherwise.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 12:46 PM
  • Caruthersville must improve in special teams to make a run at state. Everything else looked pretty good in Week 2.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 4:08 PM

Special teams as in extra points or what? They kick off out of bounds and short on purpose (defense is good enough to stop teams why risk one missed tackle for a score on kick offs). They return kick offs and punts fine. Caruthersville has to get a passing game going. I was worried after the first half of the Kennett game because we had SO MANY offside penalties but they were cleaned up second half. Must have been one good tail chewing.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 8:44 PM
  • The passing game and protecting the football better were the other less noticeable issues.

They have to improve on special teams to win close playoff games.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Sep 5, 2011, at 11:36 PM
  • Cville should win this one pretty big, 40 to something blow out sounds about right. Too much speed for them boys.

-- Posted by Indian4ever on Tue, Sep 6, 2011, at 12:34 PM
  • Tigers come back to win this game 34-12. Darrell Monroe is a BEAST!

-- Posted by Tigersfan on Fri, Sep 9, 2011, at 10:29 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: