Semoball

High School Football Forum: How good is Cape Central actually??

Posted by Central Tiger Fan on Mon, Aug 15, 2011, at 5:06 PM:

I think they got a good rushing game forsure. They got the same quaterback which he can be good.. Wideouts I think they will have some good ones Chris Martin I think will starter there he is very fast he will be a great wide out and the deffense idk bout that really.. I hope they have a good deffence!

Replies (40)

They are going just what you said, good. Not phenomenal or shut down quite like last year, but they are one of the top six or seven teams in the SEMO region and would make the playoffs were they not in such a tough district.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Aug 15, 2011, at 5:39 PM
  • Ehh its a alright district not the hardest but its will be hard

-- Posted by Central Tiger Fan on Mon, Aug 15, 2011, at 6:06 PM

Put it this way. Cape isn't as good as Sikeston or Farmington so they will be the third best team in this "alright" district.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Aug 15, 2011, at 6:44 PM

It's the toughest district on the east side of the state in Class 4, by far.

-- Posted by sherlockholmes on Mon, Aug 15, 2011, at 8:33 PM
  • What about potosi's

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Aug 15, 2011, at 11:44 PM
  • Chris martin is a running back this year, not a receiver. I honestly think we are better than Farmington considering we have beat them at the jv level the past 2 years and varsity last year. We are still a rushing team although with the size of our team we could probably utilize an air attack a lot more, christian definitely has the arm for it, but Norman must know what he's doing. I will be honest and say I still believe sikeston will beat us, somehow we can beat them or stay close at lower levels but they improve tremendously when becoming a varsity team. I will give a better overview after the jamboree on friday.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 12:51 AM
  • Man that was hard to read.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 4:29 AM

Sikeston will dominate......AGAIN!

-- Posted by Big Bro on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 7:36 AM
  • i just do not thinke sikeston will be as dapper as you boyz frum sikeston think so to this year. who just will be three QB and will they be able to run that option like they did these last year?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 8:14 AM
  • Gadget, Potosi and DeSoto are the two good teams in that district (Hillsboro may be better this year however, only lost to Potosi by 1 last time). Neither is as good as Farmington, Sikeston or Cape Central IMO. That's why I predict a another re-match game between either Cape, Farmington or Sikeston in the second round of the playoffs. The district matches between these three should be some really good football.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 8:31 AM
  • Ive been told that Chris Martin will a wide out because tae tae is back to play. My predictions for central is..

New Madrid~~ Central wins easily..

Festus~~ This is a big game for Cape its there first home game on there TURF i see Central winning late in the game..

BYE WEEK

Jackson~~ ANOTHER BLOW OUT CENTRAL WINS BIG!!!!!!!!!!!

North County~~ Central wins good..

St. Charles West~~ Central wins in a close one..

Poplar Bluff~~ Can Central get more records Cnetral wins easy!!

Farmington~~ Very good game Central wins late in the game..

Sikeston~~ Unbeatin for both teams Central loses in the end..

Perryville~~ Easy win for Central

PLAYOFFS!!

Sikeston~~ CAPE WINS ADVANCES TO NEXT ROUND!!!

UNKNOWN

This should be a very fun season i hope every team does GREAT!!! Good luck to everyone!!

GO CT!!

-- Posted by Central Tiger Fan on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 3:25 PM
  • Central tiger fan, thanks for the laugh

And who says "boyz"

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 3:27 PM
  • haha when did i say boyz

-- Posted by Central Tiger Fan on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 3:37 PM
  • That was To bearcat football

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 3:50 PM

Central Tiger Fan, I like the spirit, not in agreement on the predicted results. A kid can dream I guess.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 4:33 PM
  • inpectorgadget, i mite have just have mispelled the word Bucko, so what? u must've being playing football for the bulldogs now just aren't ya? don't be jelous of me or anything.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 5:46 PM

Well... that was hard to read.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 6:25 PM
  • It's always funny to hear the Dexter fan base talk thrash, maybe we won't beat y'all by 40+ this year?

And buck how have you been??

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 6:48 PM

I considered responding to bearcat's post in the same style that he writes posts but I lost track of what I was trying to say after six or seven words. Anyway bearcat, Sikeston may not have the same athletes as last year, but that doesn't mean they don't have new ones that can take the mantle. They will be fine this season with my thinking being 8-4 at an absolute worst though I'm expecting two losses at the most. BTW, Dexter is not one of them. However, I'm pretty sure this conversation is supposed to be about Cape. I know that everybody on the web loves to discuss the most celebrated and beloved team in the SEMO area, my Sikeston Bulldogs, but let's get back to the conversation at hand. Big Bro and bearcat knocked us off track.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 7:05 PM

It's tough when you have to enter it into google translate from Dexter to English.

Iv been good, enjoying the summer weather, thanks for asking.

How you been!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 7:17 PM
  • Sikeston will beat Cape again this year, they will be a force to deal with in class 4 and Sikeston will make the playoffs!

-- Posted by ballprophet on Tue, Aug 16, 2011, at 7:17 PM
  • No kidding they make the playoffs.

Central fan, im not sure who you are but I know for a fact that chris martin is a running back this year. Tae tae gas switched to receiver but will also carry the ball.

I honestly don't see much wrong with his predictions though. I don't think the loss will be late in the game, I see more like a lead the majority of the game.I wont make any postseason predictions though. I believe we will beat festus and farmington but fetus will be the tougher game because we will not have played any good competition going onto that game. That would be the best game all year to come watch though, it will be a crazy atmosphere for the first game on the new turf and you guys should just come up to check out the stadium.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 12:58 AM
  • bbbre, just whot is a tae tate anyways Bucko? buckmajor, are you just trying just to say somethig about my writing? Just who's is your team buckmajor? i am just ready for some football and the jamboeee friday night!

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 8:32 AM
  • Dexter to English! That is fall out the chair funny. Bearcat is not the only one having trouble on this page.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 8:37 AM
  • I'm not even going to reply to you until you have a decent question.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 11:21 AM

You got questions out of that mess of a reply. I thought he just accidentally added in random punctuation.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 11:33 AM
  • thank you so mich sideline stater. maybe ole bucko just needs to learn to read a little a bit better then just doesn't he? i look for a grate football year this year and not quiet sure about basketball season. i soner who will be the starting quartback for sikeston?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 12:33 PM
  • There's now way this guy is serious. Are they still using lead paint in Stoddard County?! Jamboeee,grate,soner? Spell check is your friend, you should take advantage of it sometime.

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 2:22 PM
  • dukephan, there just is not no spellchekc on this webblog now is there Bucko? and just who says anything about i live in stodard county? i am just simply a football fan butt I hate Duke!!!

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 2:56 PM
  • ...and Duke hates you! You would probably fit right in at Chapel Hill:D BUCKO!

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 3:23 PM
  • Bearcat no comment to what I said? And I just hope capes team is good so maybe this will start a new exciting rivalry

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 3:28 PM
  • DukePhan, you have to type so he can understand.

"...and Dukke hates u! U would probly fit write in at Chapl Hilll"

Bearcat1forall phonics worked for me...

-- Posted by straightswaggin on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 3:31 PM
  • My goodness, someone please take bearcat1forall's computer away from him or her. Wow. Gadget are you sure that's not you and your buddies doing that? Heck, no one can write like that on purpose though I wouldn't think.

-- Posted by Hemingway on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 8:52 PM
  • I couldn't type that bad if I typed blindfolded, and I'd hope non of my friends could either

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 9:02 PM
  • As much as you type I would hope you no your way around a keyboard by now lol.

Bearcat, j really hope your athletic teams will be better than your spelling and grammar. Is everybody named Bucko? That's not even in my phone's dictionary.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Wed, Aug 17, 2011, at 9:38 PM
  • inpectorgadget, i answered your question earlier. make sure you reread what I wrote. no bore, not everbody is name is Bucko, just the ones that try to be funnier than not. i still say cape will be the second bestr team in the district though.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Thu, Aug 18, 2011, at 8:17 AM
  • Why can't you type like that all the time so I don't have to reread parts to understand them.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Thu, Aug 18, 2011, at 6:07 PM
  • After the jamboree it looks like our defense needs a little work but we have a couple starters injured that will definitely help when they're full strength. Our offense is looking good, we have a few hard running backs, christian read plays very well making good decisions on when to run and pass. Our line gets off quick and makes some good holes although every so often they take a break but I think coach Norman will take care of that soon.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sat, Aug 20, 2011, at 1:52 AM
  • After watching the jamboree last night, Cape definately has some work to do if they want to beat either Farmington or Sikeston. However, Cape is the team that has had to replace the most starters and they will improve by the time districts come around. But as for last night, Farmington handled Cape fairly easily. Farmington had a couple of starters out and i'm sure Cape, Bluff, and Jackson had the same. Last year, I thought Cape was the most impressive team at the jamboree, this years' team was not.

-- Posted by officer pigskin on Sat, Aug 20, 2011, at 9:59 AM
  • We're very young this year even with the second half appearances last year we don't have a lot of experience so it will take a few games to get going. But also regarding last night, bluff was the last team we played and we played best against them. It looked like we got all the jitters out bug then and were flying around on defense and being more aggressive overall.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Sat, Aug 20, 2011, at 1:14 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: