Semoball

High School Football Forum: All-State Predictions

Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:03 AM:

I'm just curious what players from the semo area have a legitimate shot at being All-State

Replies (94)

• Surely someone from Sikeston has a shot...Trey, Treston, Ray, Darrell, Corey, etc. From what DeLo88 says, the whole offensive team from Caruthersville ought to be considered. Cape is a pretty good team, but I'm not sure of their individual stats....maybe one of their RB's???? Hibbits from Farmington ought to get some consideration....not sure of his total stats though....my guess is that they are pretty good.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 1:40 PM

Trey should get it for QB or DB. He leads all schools in the state for yards per carry. 13.3 1000/1000.

He had 6 pass break ups in the Farmington Game.

Howard should get it for Running Back. Work Horse, absolute stud. He has well over a 1000 yds rushing Fast, smart, great vision.

Clark had 18 tackles in the Farmington game alone.

I will give my vote to Boerboom on Central. He's the best Tight End I have seen in this area.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 1:48 PM
  • What about G'Darius? Did he produce enough to be considered with a team going 2-7?

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 2:21 PM
  • G'Darius will get on there somewhere.

Janeil Hatchett will have a chance to make it as well. If Sikeston keeps winning, he could close in on 1,000 yards receiving. It's a longshot but it's possible.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 2:29 PM
  • I totally forgot about G'Darius....no offense to him. I would say that he would have a shot as well. Monkey, do you know his stats?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 2:32 PM
  • After week 9, G'Darius had around 1,600 yards rushing. I believe he ran for about 350 against Kennett. He should be right at 2,000 rushing yards for the season.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 2:58 PM

G'darius was right around 2,000 rushing yards. I'll try to find out for sure for you guys.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 3:02 PM
  • Keilon Moore should get all state RB with over 1,000 rushing or DB with 4 picks and a load of tackles

-- Posted by CapeTiger4 on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 6:22 PM
  • Delo i bet you got crips4life tattoed on your neck.. Promoting violence.. Maybe you need a hobby

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 6:25 PM
  • I was looking at the stats from Maxpreps. Unfortunately, Cape doesn't report stats to the site, but most programs do, so you can get a pretty good indication of where players stand. Given what I know about Keilon Moore's stats, he would rank somewhere around 6th in the state in class 4 in terms of rushing yardage. Four picks would put him in a two way tie for 6th place in interceptions. Not too shabby. A stat that really jumped out was sacks. Sikeston has the statewide sack leader in Falon Marshall, 4th place in sacks Ben Burton, and 11th Treston Pulley. Pretty nifty having three of the top 11 sack-masters on the same team. Maybe someone from Cape can get the Tigers' staff to start turning in info to Maxpreps.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 6:40 PM
  • The defensive stats were updated after the farmington game last time i checked, ray has 95 tackles before and then had 19 in the game.. It still says he has 95 though..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 6:52 PM
  • Are we talking about first and second team or just first? If it's just first team then Sikeston should have a few but I'm not going to name them because I'm not a Sikeston fan, will forget somebody, and cause a rucuss. But Moore and Bird will be first team for sure. Cape's kicker has 5 sacks...I think, it's something like that. That's coming from a linebacker position where he hasn't even started all year. If he doesn't make it for defense he will for kicking, by far the best kicker in the SEMO area and probably top 5 in the state in just his first year kicking. Austin Davis has 5 picks so far along with all of his tackles. James Poindexter will be another to look for, he hasn't gotten as many carries lately playing against the speedier teams but he should get plenty on wednesday, I think he also averages around 10 yards/carry. It should be a very nice showing in the all state selections from the SEMO area this year.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 8:16 PM
  • There is no way moore will be first team, first team all staters do not get 3 yards in a game on 7 carriers...

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 8:34 PM
  • From sikeston I'd give a few people a very good shot..

Ray Clark

Treston Pulley

Trey Lewis

Darryl Howard

Corey Porter

And Janeil, he has some pretty good numbers at wr

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 8:36 PM
  • Okay so lets break this down a sikeston fan to a cape fan...

first Trey 1072 rushing yards on 83 carries with 18 td's, is beating moore in yards, with less carries.. Throw in 1184 yards passing with 11 td's and 3 int on defense that equals all state

Darryl howard- 1195 rushing yards on 133 carries 14 td's

Ray clark- 115 tackles 3 sacks... Holds the record for most dropped picks hahah

Treston pulley- 97 tackles around 30 tfl.. 4 sacks

now tell me who from cape can beat that..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 8:45 PM
  • I never once said that anyone from Cape would beat the stats that the Sikeston kids are putting up. I just listed and explained what the Cape kids are doing.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 8:59 PM
  • So if they arent beating sikeston how can they be all state over them? smh...

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 9:10 PM
  • I never said they would be all state over them. There are more than 1 player picked for all state at each position, it's like 3 or 4 for skill positions and linemen and linebackers are grouped together so they aren't listed as individual positions.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 9:35 PM

The problem SemoSports is that they pick All-State from all over the state in each class. To get Class 4 all state, Sikeston isn't the only team you're up against. You've got Kearney, Webb City, Helias, Carthage, Bolivar, Hannibal, Ladue, etc. If Keilon Moore isn't outdoing Darryl Howard, how does he get named in the top 4? Howard has great numbers but isn't the only stud running back in Class 4. You pretty much have to be the best in the region to have a shot at all-state. I see Corey Porter, Trey Lewis, Ray Clark, maybe Darryl, maybe Treston Pulley, and Janeil Hatchett depending on his playoff performance. These aren't ones who I see automatically earning the position, just the ones who I think have a shot. You're going to have to outstud these guys to get much consideration and after the first Cape-Sikeston affair, it hasn't happened yet.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 9:53 PM
  • Below, I have attached a link to the results from the Missouri Coaches Association 1st team All-State selections from 2009. Class 4 begins on page ten. The point: Lots of good athletes don't make it. Keep in mind, the state is full of 1,000 yard rushers and guys with lots of tackles. It really helps if your team performs well.

http://mfbca.com/uploads/ALL_CLASSES.pdf

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 9:57 PM
  • Oh trust me, I realize this and I'm not talking about just 1st team, does he have a shot...maybe, probably not but maybe. I guess what I should say is that there are a number of kids from this area that have a chance to get all state honorable mention-1st team.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:04 PM
  • Here are the AP Class 4 All-State performers from 2009. Note the differences in the 2 lists. For example, Juqualin Wiggins, the Class 4 OFFENSIVE MVP and first team QB on the Coaches Poll doesn't make it at all in the AP poll. But Juqualin gets first team honors for defense. Corey Porter appears in this list as well, but not on the coaches list.

Here's the link:

http://mosports.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=946&CID=1032077

And here's the list:

Class 4

OFFENSE

FIRST TEAM

Quarterback - Mitchell Jenkins, sr., Hillcrest; All-Purpose - Blake Arnette, sr., Pacific; Running Backs - Andrew Byrd, sr., Smith-Cotton; Braxton Baker, sr., Webb City; Brian Poston, jr., Carthage; Receivers/Tight Ends - Dorial Green, soph., Hillcrest; Kyle Weis, sr., St. Mary's; Taylor Woolf, sr., Kearney; Linemen - Aaron Carter, sr., Helias; Dillon Starzl, sr., Kearney; Jake Hartley, sr., Bolivar; Drew Liddle, sr., Grain Valley; John Johnson, sr., University City; Kicker - Mat Sims, sr., Hannibal

SECOND TEAM

Quarterback - Clint Distler, sr., Helias; All-Purpose - Austin Gouldsmith, sr., Grain Valley; Running backs - Josh Moffet, sr., Bolivar; Evan Campbell, jr., Staley; Brad Wilson, sr., Helias; Receivers/Tight Ends - Joey Quigley, sr., Staley; Mason Siebert, sr., Carthage; Marvin Stewart, jr., Vashon; Linemen - Matt Bridges, sr., Neosho; Brieon Harry, sr., Normandy; Scott Burkham, sr., MICDS; Ward Watts, sr., Poplar Bluff; Corey Porter, jr., Sikeston; Kicker - Keith Ringler, sr., Kearney

DEFENSE

FIRST TEAM

Linemen - Joe Windsor, sr., Kearney; Cody Caster, sr., Carthage; Andrew Kolb, sr., Webb City; Curtis Bowling, sr., Staley; Jordan Strickland, sr., Hannibal; Linebackers - Conner White, sr., Helias; Stephen Juergens, sr., Kearney; Markus Golden, sr., Affton; Jayron Robinson, sr., Staley; Secondary - Alex Talley, sr., Bolivar; Tyler Funk, sr., Kearney; Ross Sharp, sr., Staley; Juqualin Wiggins, sr., Sikeston; Punter - Taylor Heislen, sr., Helias

SECOND TEAM

Linemen - Bryant Schollmeyer, sr., Helias; Anthony Williams, sr., Gateway Tech; Brett Gilpin, sr., St. Joseph Lafayette; Jared Love, sr., Kearney; Orlando Hill, sr., Staley; Linebackers - Arthur Penny III, sr., Normandy; Ray Clark, jr., Sikeston; Joe Dahman, sr., Harrisonville; Tee Helsel, sr., Branson; Secondary - Jordan Jenkins, sr., Vashon; Cornelious Prince, sr., Affton; Zach Ferguson, sr., Poplar Bluff; Chris Hance, sr., Webb City; Punter - Nick Reese, sr., Warrenton

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:06 PM
  • That Dorial Green kid is a hoss. I was reading about him and his numbers are just unreal.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:10 PM
  • You could argue that Nuquavious Dixon was very deserving of All-State honors last year as a WR, but apparently he went virtually unnoticed.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:12 PM
  • Mizzou is hot and heavy after Dorial, but it looks like he is pretty much a lock to go to Oklahoma. And keep in mind, he is only a JUNIOR.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:14 PM
  • DeLo88, that was a pretty mature comment. Get a life!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 1, 2010, at 10:50 PM
  • Delo, what is your problem dude? You get on here and hoot and hollar and when someone calls you on it you turn into an Internet Cowboy. Rocketman, are you, football monkey and gadget TRIPLETS??!!

-- Posted by Hemingway on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 8:52 AM
  • Cape wont have anyone make all state, Farmington may get Hibbits in as HM.... Sikeston may get Ray Clark and Corey Porter, and Trey Lewis, Treston should be considered as well, dont know about Howard, lots of backs, lots of 1000 yarders...

Unless you totally stick out and dominate, I am afraid there isn't much of a shot. Cape is a good team in SE Missouri , so are Farmingon and Sikeston,

But when you look at most publications, teams are dominated by the three large areas, St Louis, KC, and Springfield / Joplin...and to an extent Jeff City / Columbia...........it is like the rest of us dont even exist .......we all are fortunate to even be considered...and unless you make it 3 or 4 deep into the playoffs......you wont be, unless again you are just a real superstar, in your small part of Missouri .

-- Posted by Headhunt on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 9:29 AM
  • My point for howard was that he was better than moore, which means there's no way moore will get all-state

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 9:44 AM
  • How is howard better than moore? Howard has a scrambling qb and moore doesnt which gives him more opportunities to break for longer runs.

-- Posted by CapeTiger5 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 10:42 AM
  • School spirit and school pride are one thing, but the constant bickering is another. It is very apparent that both sides have younger posters that lack the tactful ability to compare players, teams, styles, coaches and so forth without making or taking it personal. As a huge Bulldog fan, I will apologize for those few Sikeston posters that ridicule and poke at others. I'm sure that Cape feels the same about their few as well. Players play and coaches coach. Posters post. Each should do their part to the best of their ability. BOTH teams play their hearts out every night. They are well prepared and coached. Cape is having a great year as is Sikeston. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Regardless, both teams have had great success this year and that should be remembered after the season runs its course, although the bashing on here won't be resolved. If you let this board lessen what either team has accomplished, it is a shame. Good luck to the Bulldogs. I just hope my grammar passes the test of all the editor's we have roaming this board. If not I'm sure I will be corrected immediately...haha.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 11:33 AM

For one Moore cant hold the ball, and he cant do it by himself.. all Cape does is run with moore....

-- Posted by therealhitsquad11 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 11:40 AM
  • Wow, I was wondering who everyone thought was going to make All-State from the SEMO area, but apparently this is a thread for class 4. Did all the Sikeston/SEMO debate run off everyone who has thoughts about players in other classes? What about it class 1, 2, & 3? Do we have any class 5 or larger teams in this area?

-- Posted by tigerfanman on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 12:03 PM
  • It's the same old thing with anything "SEMO". Unless it involves a murder or something really close to it, nothing south of Cape (and Sikeston, now that they're winning at football again) ever matters. Everyone used to sat that about KFVS-12. Looks like that attitude is spreading.

Apparently Delo made a comment somewhere about the entire Caruthersville offense (must've been on another thread) and you see how he gets called out. Better not mention anyone other that Sikeston or Cape.

We better leave this thread (and this site, for that matter) to the northern-SEMO.

-- Posted by golfnmotorcycles on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 12:21 PM

I could care less what anyone from Sikeston or Cape thinks about me or my beloved Caruthersville Tigers. I know what my team is capable of, I know the talent on my team is deep, I know they have a shot at winning state but you can't say that to Sikeston fans. It's like everytime anyone mentions another team, you get ousted for even thinking about comparing them to Sikeston. I have watched a few Sikeston Webcast this year, they are no faster than what I have seen here in the bootheel, Cville and Hayti both have players just as fast if not faster. Sikeston will get knocked off their high horse IF they make it to the Dome. I was rooting for all Semo area teams this year but certain posters got me a little irritated right now.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 12:40 PM

I agree with both you guys. Its the same way in New Madrid. Yes we had a down year this year but I would pick G'darius Stevenson over any player on Sikeston or Cape. Good luck to Caruthersville in their upcoming game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 12:45 PM
  • yeah i know there seems to never be anyone on here talking about portageville athletics either. I know our football team isnt anything special, but we have had good basketball teams in recent years. And as far as all-state goes, yes lets talk about some southern smaller schools. Iv seen Stevenson and the Fondas play, they are all great players. They should be considered all-state in my opinion. also the QB from malden seems to get a lot of hype, but i dont know his stats or if he is all state material. I havent personally seen him play.

-- Posted by Fonda the best player for Carr on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 1:31 PM
  • Well said Barkleyfan. The youngsters that get on here and fuss with each other gets old. Every legitimate forum eventually gets hijacked.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 1:36 PM
  • Well, let me reply. In the first of second comment on this thread, I mentioned C'ville. I did say that Delo said the whole team should be considered. I was just kidding around. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I know C'ville is very good this year. However, I can't speak about any of their players because I haven't seen them play. And...I did forget G'Darius. I did because NMCC had a down year....no knock on G'Darius. He should, at least, be mentioned in the all state talks. In fact, the fact that he rushed for 2000+ yards on a bad team, is reason enough to get an sll-state pick.....IMHO.

The reason most posts slant towards Sikeston or Cape is because most of the people on this site are from those towns.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 1:48 PM
  • Cheesehead101, keep in mind who you're talking about. Almost all of the people "downing" your Tigers are high school kids. I seriously doubt any of them have ever seen Caruthersville play and most probably have never entered Caruthersville's city limits. I'd take it all with a grain of salt if I was you. You're not going to win a war of words with kids. There is nothing that can be said that will change their mind or convince them otherwise, even if their team loses.

I was the same way when I was in high school. I thought we were unbeatable and the only reason we ever lost was because we got cheated or we played really bad that night, not because the other team is better. As I've gotten older, I realize that almost every game we lost, in hindsight, was to a better team. But you couldn't have convinced me of that when I was on the team.

So you can go ahead and get your feathers ruffled over a few kids' comments and let that sway your opinion of an entire town and school, or you can appreciate the hard work and talent that Sikeston has put on the field. It really doesn't matter to me how you feel. I'm just trying to help out a fellow area football fan. (For what it's worth, I'm pulling for Cville to go all the way). It is kind of funny how adults get worked up over a 16-year-old's comments.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 1:51 PM

No its not that I'm worked up over their comments. I stated I could care less what they think of me or my team. I still do hope all semo area teams bring home the state title's this year. Its just people like them that make teams like Sikeston and Cape difficult to root for. Everyone knows Sikeston is the class of Semo football this year. The have a great chance to win it all this year, but its people like that, kids or not, that I can't stand. They make a whole community, a whole football team, a whole school look bad. I don't see why it doesn't bother anyone else. I understand they are kids but its really uncalled for. I was in High School to, I played football to, but I NEVER acted that way.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 2:54 PM
  • Maybe you didn't feel that way about your team in high school, but I bet most kids do. The only difference is we didn't have the internet to express our opinions.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 2:59 PM
  • Let me rephrase. Obviously some kids know that their team isn't very good. For example, some small school team that is matched up with Scott Central in the district tournament probably doesn't feel too confident about it. But most kids that are on teams that have pretty good talent feel their team is the best.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 3:03 PM

I understand what your saying and I totally agree with you, but still doesn't make it OK for people to act that way. Cville is looked at as a trash town, full of hooligans bc of how a few people act after games. We are a great community who has been through alot over the past few years and have made improvements to our town. However, because of the few people who decided to act childish and fight with people, we will always be known for bad sportsmanship, and a trashy town. That's why I don't appreciate people like them acting and talking the way they do.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 3:12 PM
  • I hear you Cheesehead. That same kind of thing happens in Sikeston. A few bad apples making the rest of us look bad.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 5:40 PM
  • My intent for this was to see every player that could get recognition from any class, i have yet to see anyone post their favorites from smaller schools? Is that my problem? No.. So if you want to tell your favorites then tell them, but howard is better, howards yet to be stopped for 3 yards in a game.. He has clutch proformaces and is leading the team in rushes.. Yes they play a weak schedule but the two teams he's played that considered good he's ran for over a hundred each time.. And his 120+ don't come from 27 carriers in one game.. Moore got stopped for 3 yards and against the best team and one of the only considered good teams around.. So that is how moore is not as good as howard.. And hykeem sorry trey burnt your defense, i'm guessing since they couldnt stop him is how howard got all of his yards? Please...

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 9:19 PM
  • ^ case and point semohoops ^

How about we see how these players do against each other on Monday before we start basing a player's ability on one game. I am a Cape fan as you are a Sikeston fan but when somebody said Moore gets all the carries, they were dead wrong. The carries for Cape are split mainly between Moore and Poindexter, Moore has about 5-7 more carries but then they also split between another runningback, two fullbacks, and a wingback. I think the next game will determine and show to all state selectors who should be noticed from this area. G'Darius SHOULD be all state just like last year but because of his team this year I'm not completely sure what will happen. If he would have had a solid line there's no telling what kind of incredible stats he might have had.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 10:16 PM

Your right SemoSports G'darius "should" be an all-stater, and still yet might. To bad I don't think Howard will, too many 1,000 yard rushers in class 4. I think it'll also just depend on how far the team goes.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 2, 2010, at 10:22 PM
  • God almighty i only said howard has a better shot at being all state than moore, is moore even over 1000 yards yet?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 6:46 AM
  • Moore is over 1000 yards with less than 100carries to be exact he has 1025 yards on 97 carries avg 10.6 and if u noticed he ran up the middle on every play against sikeston last go round lets see if he gets outside carries if thy get to play nxt time

-- Posted by playeratheart on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 1:28 PM
  • Moore is over 1000 yards with less than 100carries to be exact he has 1025 yards on 97 carries avg 10.6 and if u noticed he ran up the middle on every play against sikeston last go round lets see if he gets outside carries if thy get to play nxt time

-- Posted by playeratheart on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 1:28 PM

Moore ran for like 5 yrds against Sikeston..1,2,3,4,5. I am certain he got a large portion of that running to the outside.....lol.

The only All-Stater on Cape is the Kicker or Boerboom.

-- Posted by Big Bro on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 2:46 PM
  • Poindexter is the threat for cape. He is really fast and hard to stop if he gets outside. He will be the force to bring sikeston down!!

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Wed, Nov 3, 2010, at 2:56 PM
  • So talking about defense wise, what about Cox from dexter for all-state. He has nine interceptions.

-- Posted by cardinal1234 on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 1:59 PM
  • Moore is faster than Poindexter and still not the fastest on the team, the corner named Martin has the quickest 40 but they are all pretty close together. Then again 40's are ran without pads and I will admit that Poindexter looks a good amount faster during the game.

I'm not too sure about the kicker being all state, he did make a very long field goal, maybe longest in the state this year, around 47 or so yards but early in the season he missed some PAT's and there ae some kickers in class 4 on the west side of the state that put the ball in the endzone almost every other kick. Regardless he is doing a great job for his first year playing high school football including his defense at outside backer!

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Thu, Nov 4, 2010, at 7:06 PM
  • There should be more than one kid from Dexter. How about that D-Tackle and tight end along with the Safety. These kids have played well all year not just when the team is doing good.

-- Posted by Indian5678 on Fri, Nov 5, 2010, at 7:56 AM
  • Ill just say it again all state running backs do not get held to three yards against the best team they play..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Nov 5, 2010, at 10:04 AM
  • Nothing bad against anyone but your all state players are gonna come from larger towns and areas where you have larger variety of kids to choose from to build a high powered team. Us smaller towns are regulated by population and cant be chosey about players just take them in and train them up. Larger towns have the means to build bigger better programs and stand out more because they can genrrate more revenue to fund their programs and a bigger talent pool to draw players from. We smaller towns do have great talent deserving recognition from time to time but cant compete as often as others. Most of our guys play both ways and end up hurt at some point taking away playing time to build great stats. So larger populated areas do get thr recognition over smaller towns. Then factor in private institutions that are allowed to recruit they get the advantage over all cause they can pick and choose their team. Those of us in small towns located well away from larger populated areas stuggle to produce all staters cause of limited resources.

-- Posted by line buster on Fri, Nov 5, 2010, at 3:07 PM
  • Now this doesnt mean our stud players should be left in the dark but its just harder to for us to get to the levels to promote them when your challanged with teams that have the means to roster quite a few more players than what we have. And who have the funding to support the higher caliber programs.

-- Posted by line buster on Fri, Nov 5, 2010, at 3:27 PM
  • I totally agree with you Indian5678. Hederick at tightend and Mace at Defense tackle have a great season.

-- Posted by cardinal1234 on Fri, Nov 5, 2010, at 5:57 PM
  • bigbro if you watched the game u would know that all six of moores runs were up the middle 3 lead playes 2 powers and a trap play if he would of ran to the outside it would of been alot more

-- Posted by playeratheart on Fri, Nov 5, 2010, at 7:41 PM
  • Player then why didnt he? Maybe because they were getting whooped all over the field.. He wouldnt have got very many more yards.. he got popped in the backfield everytime your ignorance is unbelievable.. Really the stats are stats if he is that good he would have found a way to even get 10 yards.. So please get off of here saying he coulda have should have because the fact is he didnt and he won't.. He is not the best running back in the semo area.. and i know whats going to come next they werent ready i just want one person to please tell me why they werent? this game had been hyped up since contact camp thats plain ignorant to say they werent either..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Nov 5, 2010, at 11:02 PM
  • ITs hard for any running back to get yards with no blocking AND everyone that says moore cant hold on to the ball why does Sikeston running backs have more fumbles than all three central running backs all together

-- Posted by playeratheart on Sun, Nov 7, 2010, at 3:59 PM
  • Pretty much ever fumble sikeston had this year was against farmington.. The facts are facts moore was held to 3 yards in a game against the best team they faced.. if he was truely the "beast" he is he coulda maybe broke what 10 yards?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Nov 7, 2010, at 4:36 PM

Moore has fumbled like 8 or 9 times this season alone!

-- Posted by therealhitsquad11 on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 1:26 PM
  • Moore may be one of the better backs in Class 4, but lets not forget about , oh , Helias, Webb City, Kearney , Warrenton, Union, Hannibal, Harisonville, Ladue......they probabaly have between them, at least one back apiece, that might be pretty good.....hard to make 1st Team all State, when you get shut down to 4 yards, or 6 , whatever it was....

I am saying it is a hard feat, not impossible, but not likely

-- Posted by Headhunt on Mon, Nov 8, 2010, at 2:40 PM
  • Moore has 2 fumbles this season on carries and one Punt thats not even half of eight you guys need to get your stats together who tells you these things cause clearly thy don't know anything

-- Posted by playeratheart on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 4:11 PM

Moore HAD 2 fumbles this season and one Punt. You only put 'has' if his season were continuing.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 4:15 PM
  • They said he only had 2 before we played them the first time, and didnt he have one monday?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 5:03 PM
  • I'm not certain on the fumble stats now but does it really matter if he had one extra fumble, it's still only half as many as that person stated.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 7:03 PM
  • Well shucks, still only had 21 yards in two games

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 7:05 PM
  • Wow...it's over let it go!!!!! We know and it has been proven that Moore isn't the best as his two performances against Sikeston. Is he a good back? Yes. Sports just got on here and tried to put stats in his response to counter what somebody posted. He didn't get on here and praise Moore. And he didn't talk smack about anyone else. So why do we feel the need to get on here and talk crap about a kid who just had his senior year ended? Get a life!!!

And gadget shouldn't you be getting ready for wrestling? What weight class you in?

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Tue, Nov 9, 2010, at 9:54 PM
  • I'm going 315 this year

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 10:13 AM
  • haha, "get a life"? this coming from someone who probably read this entire thread and now decides to question someone else's stat usage. makes complete sense!!

-- Posted by ihateAZ on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 10:38 AM
  • I wasn't question anyone's stat usage I was just wondering why are people trying to talk bad about the kid after the fact. No one came back on this site and stated he was superior to anyone. So why keep beating on a dead horse. I believe everyone, including Cape fans; know he isn't going to get All-state. So why even keep bring him up?

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 1:06 PM
  • FBSEMOfan, I personally think that these people who come on blogs and bad mouth the kids are doing it because they are jealous of the kid and his accomplishments because their own little johnny didn't do the job!!! Take it with a grain of salt. In due time these kids will go on to bigger better things in life and prove alot of people WRONG!!!!

-- Posted by Jim P on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 1:53 PM

All we heard about before the game was that Moore just didn't get enough touches the first go round. Then, he stalls again in the second round. All the cockiness in Cape before the game has lit a fire under quite a few Sikeston people, and for good reason. Moore was amongst the comments about "revenge" and everything though I'd say that Bird's was the worst with the whole "We're going to go undefeated and make it to state" comment. Moore seems like a good enough kid but this is a sports forum and we are talking about how he did in the sport. In the words of many a poster: if you don't like it, you can cease from reading it.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 2:07 PM
  • Concerned why would i be jealous? If i wanted to play i could.. this isn't a communist country.. The reason i say it because all we heard was how about great he is and how he will get his "revenge" it was a load of hype.. He is good but not all he was talked up to be.. But i'll move on since we smashed

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 5:52 PM
  • inspector...this has nothing to do with the forum but you said your going to be in the 315 weigh class for wrestling....there is no such thing...the highest weight class is 285 so your obviously a fraud

-- Posted by gocardinals987 on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 9:12 PM

Wow this guy just went inspector gadget on you inspector. We can't be havin that haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 10, 2010, at 9:16 PM

got em. i bet inspector feels dumb

-- Posted by JungleStud on Thu, Nov 11, 2010, at 11:15 PM

Because he obviously wasnt being sarcastic or anything.

-- Posted by CL on Fri, Nov 12, 2010, at 7:00 AM
  • Jake Cox has been gettin it done on both sides of the ball this year for Dexter. Where does he stand?

-- Posted by MIZ2210 on Fri, Nov 12, 2010, at 11:33 AM
  • Ctjungle anybody in their right mind would know it only goes up to 285 and obviously i would have been going 152, but your an idiot so i'll let it slide!

and jugnlechoad HOW BOUT THEM BULLDOGS?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sun, Nov 14, 2010, at 6:21 PM
  • you can just admit that your stupid inspector everyone that reads your posts knows you are anyway :)

-- Posted by gocardinals987 on Tue, Nov 16, 2010, at 3:59 PM
  • No ctjungle I think its u that sounds stupid! U want to start smack and he dont. Let it go!

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Tue, Nov 16, 2010, at 4:08 PM
  • As an unbiased person in this I think that jungle is just doing the same thing that gadget does, and admits to, in most of his post...they're just trying to make somebody upset. How's that 152 weight class looking?

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Nov 16, 2010, at 6:28 PM
  • Its not, torn acl and mcl out for 8 months but i still could beat anyone on here at anything, and junglestud i bet your girlfriend knows me!

And buzzard bill a wise man once told me there are two kinds of men on the battle field.. the quick and the dead..

I'll let you finish that!

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Nov 16, 2010, at 6:44 PM
  • The stat guy at Dexter told me that according to maxpreps, Jake Cox leads all db's with 9 interceptions. Morgan Hedrick leads class 3 tight ends in receiving yards. I realize that tight ends are a dying breed but still, not too shabby. Also, Bearcat DT Aaron Mace is leading class 3 in tackles at his position. Great season for these 3 seniors. I realize that not all schools put their stats on maxpreps but, in my opinion, those players are worthy of All-State honors.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Tue, Nov 16, 2010, at 6:45 PM
  • I've been burned by using max preps, it has stats from about 50% of the teams, but they all have to be close to the top at least..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Nov 17, 2010, at 3:25 PM
  • did you wrestle 152 last year, if so how did you finish?

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Wed, Nov 17, 2010, at 7:36 PM
  • i was 140, i was like 38-11

missed state by a match 4-3

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Nov 17, 2010, at 8:42 PM

who misses state these days? garbage.

-- Posted by JungleStud on Wed, Nov 17, 2010, at 10:49 PM
  • we all know your mom didnt miss DT state

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Nov 18, 2010, at 8:13 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: