Semoball

High School Football Forum: Week 3 Football

Posted by semoballfan93 on Tue, Sep 7, 2010, at 4:01 PM:

Since no one has started one yet i'll go ahead and do it. What games do you guys like this weekend?

Missouri Military Academy at St. Vincent

Dexter at Sikeston

Scott City at East Prairie

Poplar Bluff vs Savannah

Portageville at Charleston

Park Hills Central at Perryville

New Madrid at Farmington

Pigott at Malden

Gosnell at Kennett

North County at Jackson

Obion County at Cape Central

Crystatl City at Caruthersville

Hayti at Chaffee

A couple of games that catch my eye are Obion vs Central, Poplar Bluff vs Savannah, and New Madrid vs Malden. And we'll get to see how we do vs some of the Arkansas teams

Replies (31)

• Obion v Cape - Will give us an idea how good Cape REALLY is.

NMCC v Farmington - Will give us an idea how bad NMCC REALLY is.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Sep 7, 2010, at 4:45 PM
  • Who is everybody taking in the Obion County-Cape game?

Any Sikeston people make the trip to Obion County? Let me know just how good you think that team is. I saw that OC is 1-2 now, but it looks like they lost to a couple good teams (Sikeston being one of them obviously.)

Also, Marty is looking for information on Gosnell and Piggott to inform his Pigskin Pick'em choices. Any help?

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Sep 7, 2010, at 4:49 PM
  • I went to the Obion v Sikeston game. Obion has a very potent, pass-happy offense. Very good QB and several good receivers. Their defense is about as inept as their offense is proficient. They cannot stop the run. They aren't very physical and they don't tackle well. Cape will not be able to stop Obion's passing game. Obion won't stop Cape's run. This game will come down to who shoots themselves in the foot with penalties or turnovers. I wouldn't count on more than two punts all night long. It's possible nobody ever punts and the game is decided by extra points. I picture a 55-49 type game.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Sep 7, 2010, at 5:14 PM
  • Gosnell is a Class 4 school and 0-1this year, last year 7-4 and the year before 9-3. Piggott is a Class 3 school in Arkansas and are 1-0 this year , 3-7 last year.

-- Posted by semoballfan93 on Tue, Sep 7, 2010, at 5:39 PM
  • OC is 1-2...This will be the Rebels first road game of the year...They lost this past Friday to Crockett County who is the #3 ranked 4A team in Tennessee...The score was 22-16...The defense played much better and did force 5 TO's...CC scored with 1:47 seconds remaining to win..LeDevin Fair rushed the ball 28 times for 192 yards..He had 75-80 yards wiped off because of penalties, including a 40 yarder that would have clinched the game for the Rebels...The OC QB has passed for around 525 yards in 2 1/2 games..Fair has rushed for around 275 yards...OC's opening game with Fulton Co.,KY.(OC won 35-6) was stopped at half because of lightening...That's the reason for the 2 1/2 games...OC is averaging 28 ppg while giving up 23 ppg..Looking real forward to coming up to SEMO and watching the game...I have been there once before but it was a long time ago when I went to see UTM play SEMO...Should be a real good test for the Rebels...OC's schedule gets no easier..After the Cape Central game, OC travels to Union City to face the defending 1A Tennessee State Champion Tornadoes...

-- Posted by RebelsTornadoes on Tue, Sep 7, 2010, at 7:04 PM

Cape Central/Obion is by far THE game of the week. A Cape Central win means a potential state ranking next week... and more breathing down Sikeston's neck (can someone say district title tilt in Wk 9?)

-- Posted by vincebrown on Tue, Sep 7, 2010, at 10:21 PM
  • I cant wait for Hayti Chaffee....

-- Posted by RedShirt on Tue, Sep 7, 2010, at 10:31 PM
  • I agree Cape Central / Obion County is the game of the week.

I don't know how strong Gosnell is this year but they use to be very strong.

-- Posted by drawmules2 on Tue, Sep 7, 2010, at 11:42 PM
  • I think the Scott City at East Prairie game will be a good one...for EP

-- Posted by semofootball on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 10:36 AM
  • I can remember a few years back, Sikeston was at home against Dexter and were 5-0 and Dexter was 0-5, guess who won the game. So will be a good game.

-- Posted by lastride67 on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:27 AM
  • Dexter coming off a decent win at Park Hills....after a tuff loss versus St Gen,,,,,

all about fundmentals and playing error free football. I think this week will be telling.....

Cape has Obion Co. Sikeston gets Dexter.

Farmington plays New Madrid.

Sikeston has played Obion county and won, now we will see how Cape handles them.

Cape has played New Madrid and won big, now we see what Farmington does with them.

Sikeston plays Dexter, who is coming off a good win versus Park Hills. Dexter will have a bit of motivation, as do all schools playing a rival. Dexter was physical in contact camp in June....and they won big Friday night..so they have it rolling right.....Sikeston needs to pay attention .

-- Posted by Headhunt on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 2:45 PM
  • Gosnell should handle

kennett with ease.

-- Posted by Missco on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 3:02 PM
  • Where are all the Jackson fans? Does anybody know what North County is like?

-- Posted by semoballfan93 on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 3:11 PM
  • Yes, North County is as weak as day old jello....

Sorry to be blunt, but they show little sgns of life in first 2 outings....a loss to Fredtown 21-12 and a loss to St Clair 21-0.

Jackson should score 36 to 40 points.....NC may score 12....

-- Posted by Headhunt on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 3:23 PM
  • "I think the Scott City at East Prairie game will be a good one...for EP"

I wouldn't count out SC...they are playing better than I think they are getting credit for.

-- Posted by semogirl on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 11:07 AM
  • Obviously I am interested in Saturdays Cape vs Obion matchup, as it has the makings of the best game on paper. And should serve as a sort of measuring stick for week 9's monster tilt between Cape and Sikeston!

As for Sikeston vs Dexter, Sikeston has to fight off the "if we just show up we win" mentality, as will be the case with most of their matchups this season. I will be anxious to see how the Dawgs fair against a bearcats squad that if nothing else will bring a physcial aspect to Friday nights game. Dawgs by 21!

-- Posted by Top Dawg on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 12:40 PM
  • Looks like it may rain from now till Saturday...What kind of effect will that have on the turf ??...

-- Posted by RebelsTornadoes on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 4:32 PM
  • RebelsTornadoes,

The turf will be terrible. The turf at Houck is terrible anyway. It's old, outdated and one of the most injury-inducing surfaces I've ever seen. The rain will turn the old, hard, lousy turf into old, hard, lousy, SLICK turf. I think it will likely be to Cape's advantage.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 4:46 PM
  • I agree the rain can only help Central making it hard on the passing game with the wet ball. Central's run d has been solid except of G'Darius 97 yard run and Festus quarterback had like a 60-70 yard. Other than those two plays the run d hasnt gave up much yardage. And I agree with football monkey Houck's turf is terrible.

-- Posted by ctjungle11 on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 5:03 PM
  • The weather will be tuff on Obion, it will be very hard for them to throw the ball which seems to be their strong suit. If the weather stays like this and Cape's backs keep their feet under them and don't try to get too fancy on the ground then they should pull this one out.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 6:31 PM
  • Missco dont come here trying to troll. Kennett is a lot abetter than the last meeting with Gossmell. Come on to Kennett and we will see how easy things are this year.

-- Posted by mule1993 on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 6:48 PM

I thought we should start talking about some football haha. Jackson gets the win over north county,caruthersville over crystal city, hayti over chaffee, sikeston over dexter, portageville over charleston, Farmington beats NMCC, St. Vincent beats MO military academy, park hills over perryville. If anyone has any other scores are comments feel free to discuss tonights action.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Sep 10, 2010, at 10:20 PM

East prairie over Scott city

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Sep 10, 2010, at 10:28 PM
  • BuckMajor,

Do you know the final for C'ville and NMCC scores?

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Sep 10, 2010, at 10:29 PM
  • Never mind. They just came in.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Fri, Sep 10, 2010, at 10:31 PM
  • Hey monkey,

I just posted the Caruthersville and NMCC scores.

NMCC fell to Farmington 51-18. Caruthersville beat Crystal City 41-6. Haven't been able to track down the quarter-by-quarter scores but got the finals verified finally.

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Sep 10, 2010, at 10:33 PM

Rachel and football monkey I know Farmington vs NMCC was 24 to 12 at half farmingtons favor, but I don't know quarter break downs, sorry.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Sep 10, 2010, at 10:37 PM
  • mule1993: Gosnell AR 62, Kennett 34

-- Posted by gianthook on Sat, Sep 11, 2010, at 12:53 AM
  • Gosnell's front five were HUGE. Kennett could not run the ball two feet!

-- Posted by mule1993 on Sat, Sep 11, 2010, at 4:18 AM
  • Malden 34-7 Piggott,

-- Posted by roll Tide on Sat, Sep 11, 2010, at 9:14 AM

any word on how poplar bluff did!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Sep 11, 2010, at 9:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: