Semoball

High School Football Forum: SEMO Preseason Offensive Player of the Year.. thoughts and team thoughts?

Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Thu, Aug 27, 2020, at 9:11 PM:

my vote would have to be Cael Welker of Jackson. His stats alone speak volumes (Sophomore/Junior year's) and there's not a better player in the area let alone possibly the state.

TEAM wise Jackson will be the best team in the area if not the whole state (All classes) with a state Championship or Bust year in Class 5.

Replies (19)

Stats wise Welker and it won't even be close. Let's not forget another Jackson player who was on the list though. Connor Tollison will be doing a lot to make sure Cael and the rest of Jackson's skill players can produce it all starts with the offensive line and Tollison is incredible. Been impressed with him ever since Bluff vs. Jackson 2017 Pt. 2 (WHEN HE WAS ONLY A FRESHMAN!) and have been following his career closely ever since.

Team wis and as much as it pains me.to say it year after year the standout team in SEMO will be Eckley's fine oiled maxhine.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 2:22 AM

I agree with you both. Jackson definitely has many athletes that could be the best offensive player in SE Missouri. Plus getting thier two too running back’s back this year is gonna be more fun to watch than last years.

-- Posted by TheProsperer on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 4:16 AM
  • My son Gavyn Hays ..which was in the lead last night with 287 votes has worked very hard all summer even when the team wasn't practicing, he was running to get fast this year . Im so proud of him and the Mules team .

-- Posted by sblacy2010 on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 7:37 AM
  • @WWEGuru.. well said everything starts on the trenches on both sides of the ball.

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 9:15 AM
  • @sblacy2010.. I look forward to seeing your son play when y'all come up to Jackson and glad to hear he has worked hard. Also like seeing parent's showing their love and support for their kid's!

However just because someone is winning in a poll because people voted for him doesn't make him the best in the area. I don't think he'll have over 100yds against Jackson rushing. I'll be shocked if Bluff scores more than twice and that's not a knock on em that's just how great Jackson is, especially on defense. I could care less about Jackson's offense because we all know they'll probably average about 42 points a game this year if not more. Bring on the defense!

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 9:19 AM

Gavyn is a very good running back. Hoping he does good things for our Mules this year.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 7:37 PM
  • @WWEGuru.. y'all playing tonight? Jackson is already up 21-0!

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 7:41 PM

We are. Not at the game tonight but listening. We're brutalizing that boarding school who's playing their first game in school history tonight.

If we knew Cape's game was going to be cancelled we could have had them come here this week. I know we play them later but would have been better competition for us I'd imagine. We lost a good test because of Illinois moving football to spring, we were supposed to play O'Fallon, IL.

Last check on Brian Rosener's Twitter we were up 34-0 at the end of the first.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 7:53 PM

One of his Tweets said at one point we were averaging 2.8 points per play.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 7:57 PM
  • Haha! Nice! Jackson is up 42-6 @ halftime!

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 8:15 PM
  • We won 49-13. Played our second team in second half

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Fri, Aug 28, 2020, at 9:14 PM
  • Gavyn, is a good one. Not surprised to hear about his work ethic. I believe that effort will result in a positive season for him. Welker and Jackson are exceptional. Hope the season continues.

-- Posted by paulie4m on Sat, Aug 29, 2020, at 7:17 AM
  • Thanks for the positive feed on Gavyn . Yes we know all to well about Jackson. They are exceptional and our mules look forward to playing them. We have worked very hard for this game for sure and will see how much it will pay off . Even if the score improves over them from last year then we will take it.

-- Posted by sblacy2010 on Sat, Aug 29, 2020, at 4:25 PM
  • Hayes and his mules are coming for Jackson’s throat this year. They are ready to hush the doubters and show everyone what poplar bluff football is about

-- Posted by Thatguy123 on Sat, Aug 29, 2020, at 4:57 PM
  • @Thatguy123.... 🤣😂🤣😂😂. You wanna bet a hundred on it?

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Sat, Aug 29, 2020, at 6:19 PM

Faux,

I like the odds

-- Posted by gregbrown80 on Sun, Aug 30, 2020, at 12:45 PM

Sure hope my Mules do fantastic this year. Gonna wait to really judge where we're at when we play the Indians. How well we do vs. them I think will be telling how we will be this year and that's coming up in two weeks. Jackson vs. Bluff has to be the earliest week it's ever been this year.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sun, Aug 30, 2020, at 2:35 PM
  • Besides Jackson, are any of the smaller/more southern teams expecting special seasons?

-- Posted by cd23 on Sun, Aug 30, 2020, at 6:17 PM

I think NMCC and Kennett are expected to have great seasons. Probably Hayti too.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Mon, Aug 31, 2020, at 5:01 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: