High School Football Forum: Congratulations Jackson Indians

Posted by old rocker on Sat, Nov 16, 2019, at 10:44 AM:

Congratulations to the Jackson Indians for winning back to back district titles! Can anyone give me the scoop on Eureka? Will Jackson advance to the state semifinal round?

Replies (28)

Eureka is basically a carbon copy of Jackson. They have a solid running game, they're physical and a solid defense. Jackson's offense is probably a little bit better as a whole with a better passing game..

Since this game is in Jackson I'll take us with the win 28-21

-- Posted by FauxEinstein on Sat, Nov 16, 2019, at 10:49 AM
  • Let the teams prepare without giving the opponent bulletin board material.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Sat, Nov 16, 2019, at 10:59 AM
  • Sounds like a nail biter! While I want Jackson to win, it will be good to see an actual football game!

-- Posted by old rocker on Sat, Nov 16, 2019, at 12:00 PM
  • I agree old rocker, every game was a blowout. I would like to see Jackson’s first string have to play the entire game to win.

-- Posted by cardsfan61 on Sat, Nov 16, 2019, at 10:17 PM
  • Has Coach Eckley ever won a game in the Sectional round?

-- Posted by Charlie Tweeter on Mon, Nov 18, 2019, at 7:35 AM
  • Don't know on that but moving the game up to Friday when its supposed to rain all day and night on Friday does not sound very smart.

State will lose out on $$$ and passing game will suffer.

-- Posted by Smooth40 on Mon, Nov 18, 2019, at 7:42 AM

@Charlie Tweeter.. Friday's game is the Quarterfinals.

@Smooth40.. Coach Eckley did that for a reason and it was a smart one. I won't dive into details but it was a good decision and one Eureka's coach agreed upon as well.

-- Posted by FauxEinstein on Mon, Nov 18, 2019, at 8:28 AM
  • Thank you for not diving into details, I understand wanting to keep the kids in the same routine but thanks for trying to sound like the GM for Jackson!!!!

-- Posted by Smooth40 on Mon, Nov 18, 2019, at 8:41 AM

@Smooth40 is that sarcasm I'm sensing.. do you need a minute to calm down Lol. It's not completely all about staying in the same routine. I don't and won't dive into details because as @ RUN THE RACE said earlier I'm not going to feed into any bulletin board material for the Wildcats.

-- Posted by FauxEinstein on Mon, Nov 18, 2019, at 9:10 AM
  • If Jackson wins Friday, would it be the furthest a Coach Eckley led team has made it in the playoffs?

-- Posted by Charlie Tweeter on Mon, Nov 18, 2019, at 10:19 AM
  • There's no way any cheating St. Louis school can come down to SE Missouri with their ineligible players and beat someone playing by the rules. I hope Jackson is combing through the rosters at Ureka to make sure they catch whatever shenanigans they have been hiding through this year.

-- Posted by Charlie Tweeter on Mon, Nov 18, 2019, at 10:26 AM
  • Tweeter, are you still bitter your Mules got BEAT?! Let it go bro!

I don't see Jackson beating Eureka. I have seen both teams play and while it will be a good game, Eureka will pull it out at the end 35-21.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Mon, Nov 18, 2019, at 3:03 PM

Does anyone have any insight, knowledge on Staley?

-- Posted by gregb on Tue, Nov 26, 2019, at 9:15 AM
  • gregb, i dont have any information about that team but,I would say if they made it this far they have be good.

-- Posted by The deltan on Tue, Nov 26, 2019, at 1:12 PM

I bite my tongue on that above comment

-- Posted by gregb on Tue, Nov 26, 2019, at 1:33 PM

I really don't know if your joking or being serious. I fully understand if you make it to the semifinals you have a good team. But I'm on this forum because I asking a legitimate question and I know someone from Jackson will give me a well thought out answer. Because Jackson fans are some of the most knowledgeable fans out there.

-- Posted by gregb on Tue, Nov 26, 2019, at 1:47 PM
  • Cardinal Nation underestimated the Jackson Indians. Not only did the Indians win, they completely dominated Eureka.

-- Posted by wolfwoman on Tue, Nov 26, 2019, at 1:50 PM
  • Wolf Woman, they won’t beat Staley.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Nov 26, 2019, at 7:58 PM

@Cardinalnation... We know you're salty because Jackson dominated whatever team you root for. Now let Jackson be and just enjoy the ride my friend.. better luck to your team next season.

-- Posted by FauxEinstein on Tue, Nov 26, 2019, at 9:38 PM
  • @cardinalnation Eureka’s offense is better than Staley’s and i would say the defense’s are probably pretty equal. Unless Staleys offense can find a way to score more points than Eurekas did i would say they will have a hard time beating the Indians. That indian deffense is something eles.

-- Posted by Freebirdfriday92 on Wed, Nov 27, 2019, at 9:44 AM
  • Smooth 40 underestimated the crowd Friday night. Over 6000 filled the Pit on that cold ,windy evening. Jackson may or may not lose ,but their love for the Indians should not be questioned.

-- Posted by wolfwoman on Thu, Nov 28, 2019, at 7:37 AM
  • Wolfwomen, I’m sure a great majority were there out of their love of the Indians, but not all 6000.

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Thu, Nov 28, 2019, at 10:57 AM

Hope the Indians win this week. Love seeing rivals play for a state title. Remember when Cape went a few years ago I was so happy for them. Hope one day during my lifetime it can be the Mules that go this far but for now I am happy that one of our rivals are finding this success.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Thu, Nov 28, 2019, at 2:10 PM

@WWE Guru.. we appreciate that! Good luck to Bluff in basketball this season as well

-- Posted by FauxEinstein on Thu, Nov 28, 2019, at 8:05 PM
  • cardinalnation it looks like you're 0 - 2. Would you like to go double or nothing for the state championship game? LOL 😃

-- Posted by old rocker on Sat, Nov 30, 2019, at 7:26 PM

@cardinalnation.......Jackson BEATS Staley 20-7!!!

-- Posted by jacksonindianfan on Mon, Dec 2, 2019, at 9:28 AM
  • Crow never tasted better. Congrats to the Indians. Bring home the hardware and make SEMO proud.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Mon, Dec 2, 2019, at 2:36 PM
  • Thanks, cardinalnation. Good luck, next year.

-- Posted by old rocker on Tue, Dec 3, 2019, at 4:07 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: