High School Football Forum: college bowl games

Posted by tomroor on Fri, Dec 29, 2017, at 11:37 AM:

41 bowl games, 84 teams. some with losing records

The whole bowl thing STINKS

Replies (10)

• Agreed!! And i read a couple years ago that only a handful of schools made a profit from their bowl game, mainly the BCS bowls. So about 78-80 of the schools take a bath just to say they played in a meaningless game. A definite dent in the theory of evolution.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Dec 29, 2017, at 12:51 PM
  • Same way with the NCAA tournament. They added a couple of play in games so Whatsamata U can play State Tech to see who gets destroyed by Duke.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Fri, Dec 29, 2017, at 1:34 PM
  • Big money in bowl games. Every team gets money. $517 million in profits last year. Money is split within each conference, even if you don’t play in a game. Big 10 alone made $123 million profit. Notre Dame was 4-8 last year and got 2.9 million as a “gift “, because they’re not in a conference.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Fri, Dec 29, 2017, at 2:59 PM
  • Complain all you want but how is more college football a bad thing? It makes money for the means of broadcast, advertisement, conferences, and schools. We got to see Mizzou play Texas. Neither are in their hay days but we got to see a solid game! Who cares what the name of the bowl is?

Saying we have too many college football bowls is like saying we have too many high school basketball Christmas tournaments.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Fri, Dec 29, 2017, at 4:00 PM
  • No one forced to watch or follow any bowl games to my knowledge. Just don’t punch the channel numbers in your remote to where these games are to be televised. Problem solved. Sheesh!

-- Posted by s32j20s12 on Fri, Dec 29, 2017, at 9:59 PM
  • Here’s a great article explaining the reason for the increase in bowls over the years. Of course the reason is...gasp....$$$$$$$

And by the way, I dont see how anyone gets excited about sitting thru 4 hours of commercials with a few mins of football thrown in. The number of breaks is laughable.

https://theoutline.com/post/2632/college-football-bowl-sponsorship-business

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 2:38 AM
  • One guy gets almost a million dollars for the Outback Bowl...wow

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 8:32 AM
  • Never understood the complaints there were/are too many bowl games.

Don't watch.

I think there is too much soccer....so I don't watch any.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 8:39 AM
  • Yah but you,also, still complain about it! Its human nature to complain, it makes us happy, itsa survival instinct.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 9:12 AM
  • Four hours of watching snowflake ESPN make money just aint on my bucket list anymore

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Dec 30, 2017, at 9:13 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: