High School Football Forum: Bearcats / Rebels

Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Oct 3, 2017, at 10:49 AM:

Can Dexter hang with PHC? Are there any injuries that might effect either team? Should it even be close?

Replies (38)

• Dexter's going to have to play a lot better than they have the last two weeks to even keep it close. Our leading rusher, Caleb Hoggard, left the Kennett game with an injury. I don't know his status for Friday night.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Oct 3, 2017, at 11:17 AM
  • No, doesn't matter, no!!

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Oct 3, 2017, at 11:25 AM
  • Don't think they can. Bearcats have to force some turnovers and take advantage of them to keep it to a 21 point ballgame.

-- Posted by lonesomedavepeverett on Tue, Oct 3, 2017, at 11:27 AM
  • Won't even be a contest. PHC by 21+

-- Posted by FauxEinstein on Tue, Oct 3, 2017, at 11:42 AM

PHC is the clear favorite, but anything can happen!

-- Posted by LUNCH LADY on Tue, Oct 3, 2017, at 12:06 PM

This game will be closer than you think.

-- Posted by Stuart on Fri, Oct 6, 2017, at 5:45 AM

Let's hope Dexter has a good game and does well. I'm not sure they have the chops to knock off Park Hills though.

-- Posted by LUNCH LADY on Fri, Oct 6, 2017, at 10:37 AM
  • Would love to see Dexter win but don't see it happening.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Fri, Oct 6, 2017, at 4:59 PM

Yeah....

The Rebels are up 29-8 with 49 seconds to go in the half

-- Posted by LUNCH LADY on Fri, Oct 6, 2017, at 7:57 PM
  • Dexter has a nice team. Way improved from last year. But PHC is pretty good. Rebels up 29-8 at half. And get ball after half. That improved Dexter D struggling to slow down the Rebels.

-- Posted by Only facts on Fri, Oct 6, 2017, at 8:03 PM

36-20 final.

-- Posted by LUNCH LADY on Fri, Oct 6, 2017, at 9:21 PM

at no point was it even close. period.

-- Posted by LUNCH LADY on Fri, Oct 6, 2017, at 10:28 PM
  • Dexter self-destructed in the first half. Otherwise, they could have made it a game.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Sat, Oct 7, 2017, at 9:41 AM

Dexter is a very respectable football team. There is absolutely no doubt about it.

-- Posted by LUNCH LADY on Sat, Oct 7, 2017, at 12:15 PM
  • Taxpayer your kidding right? If they wouldn't have left their starters in the whole fourth quarter when phc played all their jv it would of been a running clock. Phc was on Dexter's 15 when they took the starters out, score there and the clock is running. Not one play did Dexter play any subs. Even an inside kick. Heck I thought they were going to call a timeout when phc jv qb took a knee.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Oct 7, 2017, at 5:55 PM
  • Dexter would have the same amount of wins as last couple of years if it was not for the puffs at start of the year . GREAT bunch of young men ! Butt only big win this year was Sikeston and as season winds down the were avg. at best . Dexter is a great school with great kids who will do great in life !

-- Posted by indian70 on Sat, Oct 7, 2017, at 9:06 PM
  • Like I said, they self-destructed.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Sun, Oct 8, 2017, at 10:58 AM
  • Like the ole days of Coach W. at Perryville. Down 40-7 at half, other team takes their starters out near the end of the 3rd, Perryville starts throwing deep routes and onside kicking it. Loses 40-28 and says they were in it until the end. Ughhh.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Sun, Oct 8, 2017, at 5:27 PM
  • If they onside kicked in the last 2 minutes after scoring on the JV as you said, that is is just embarrassing for the entire town of Dexter. I hope that didn't happen.

-- Posted by okachaw on Sun, Oct 8, 2017, at 11:23 PM
  • Let's not beat Dexter up Flat River fans, remember the old fake kneel at the end of the game vs SG a few years back.

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 5:51 AM
  • No, but I remember SG running a fake punt, up 35 in the 4th quarter with Schwent.....I know, I know, that never happened.

-- Posted by Offconstantly on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 10:48 AM
  • Good game, good game....nope just kidding, were passing!!!

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 11:09 AM

Lets tell the truth, Dexter's offense isnt the most imaginative attack we have ever seen. Park Hills probably got bored defending a team with a tackle playing tight end.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 1:55 PM
  • I would love to know the background on the fake punt and fake kneels

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 3:27 PM
  • Lots of Uncle Ricos with grudges

-- Posted by CB in Paradise on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 5:05 PM
  • I don't recall the exact year, but Park Hills, after 20 years of trying to break through vs Ste Genevieve got over the hump. With the clock ticking down and already a TD lead the Rebels told the refs they were taking a knee. The refs subsequently warned the Dragons to back off defensively because they were going to kneel. The Rebs faked a knee and broke one for a TD as SG stood in shock. This gave Central a 13+ point differential for their district standings at that time and also set off an unpleasant interaction between Coach Schweiss and his brother who was on the SG staff at that time.

Frankly, quick thinking refs should have thrown a flag and made up a penalty like holding on the play. It was total BS.

-- Posted by JoJo Starbuck on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 8:32 PM
  • Hence a quick sneak now referred to as "rebel" in the Greater Mineral Area

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 8:40 PM
  • Yep, JoJo, I was at that game. Still rubs a lot of people the wrong way in the old football district. Not just Dragon fans.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 8:44 PM
  • There's the orange van drivers still waitin for coach to put em in the big game

-- Posted by CB in Paradise on Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 8:47 PM
  • Jojo if your going to tell the story at least tell it right. You don't notify the refs your taking a knee! And St gen definitely didn't back up the defense. Yes it happened and sure it rubbed a lot the wrong way. It rubbed park hills the wrong way with schwents fake punt. Not everyone made the playoffs then and 13 points was the max difference and that's what it gave the rebels. Watch college football today teams getting beat by 50-60 points to impress the polls. Central took enough butt kickings also by very good st gen teams. Nature of the game. But to say any referee crew would pull the defense back for victory formation is false and didn't happen. And okachaw they absolutely on side kicked after scoring on the jv. It's on kfmo sports on you tube u can watch it.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Oct 10, 2017, at 11:43 PM

Referees always notify the opposing team if the offense tells them they are taking knee. Have you ever watched the very end of a blowout? Maybe not, you probably left.

-- Posted by BlueNote on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 12:37 AM
  • Its water under the bridge and Central has done a miraculous job with their program. They certainly deserved to win that night.

Having said that, allow me to amemd my story. After the game in the locker room a SG player said "The ref told us they were taking a knee".

Fixed.

-- Posted by JoJo Starbuck on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 4:33 AM
  • Uncle Ricos

-- Posted by CB in Paradise on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 7:27 AM
  • Not only did I not leave I have played in those games and it never happened. They may say it but u don't have to pull back. I've also had them hit the line trying one last time to cause a fumble. JoJo that was in no way a slight to u I also follow the raiders close and have a rooting interest in those kids they have done great and I'm very happy to see it.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 11:34 AM
  • I may be many years his senior, but I look upon one of the central coaches as my mentor. I owe him a ton.

-- Posted by JoJo Starbuck on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 11:55 AM
  • I will say this Most PHC fans had a problem with the call as Well! Good Program, they proved me wrong!

-- Posted by Bleed Green OG on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 3:03 PM
  • I was at the game and seen the play and will never forget it. The following Monday went and watched SG and PHC jv play and a SG coached stopped and talked to me and I asked him what the heck the last play was all about so he explained it to me. Lost a lot of respect for Kory after coach told me the story.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 5:52 PM
  • One move/mistake doesnt tarnish all the good he, PJ, and the rest of their staff have done for a decade now. But it was a shocking finish to a game.

-- Posted by JoJo Starbuck on Wed, Oct 11, 2017, at 7:40 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: