Semoball

High School Football Forum: Time for Dexter to get some love

Posted by longer 85 on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 9:26 PM:

Thats 3 straight games that the varsity hasn't allowed a TD. They have one of the best defenses in SEMO! Held Sikeston to under 100 yards thats saying something

Replies (32)

• Cville may end that streak next week. It will be a good game.

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 9:50 PM
  • Well Sikeston is a terrible football team so..

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 9:51 PM

Yes, great job Dexter. I may not have picked them in pick ems but the are who I wanted to win that game. Glad they did, happy for them.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 9:54 PM
  • Sikeston is a terrible team? They just beat Cape! So is Cape a terrible team?

-- Posted by longer 85 on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 10:10 PM
  • Yes Cape is terrible too. Neither of them have played anyone good. Not taking anything away from Dexter but if you're going off of Cape and Sikeston's records (Wins and losses) alone.. Well you don't know football

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 10:14 PM
  • Cape could have very well beat bluff tonight they lost by 1. So who exactly are you saying is good cuz apparently no one

-- Posted by longer 85 on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 10:30 PM
  • I'm thinking of the games left for Sikeston we only win against New Madrid. Maybe they will prove me wrong.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 10:51 PM
  • Congrats to Dexter. Didn't see that one coming. Guess that chihuahua was bigger than I thought, taxpayer.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 10:57 PM
  • Dexter is for real. Their defense looked solid tonight. I like their chances the rest of the season. I know they have some great teams coming up but if they play like they did tonight, they will be in good shape.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Fri, Sep 15, 2017, at 10:58 PM
  • Dexter is a good team , they have a tough schedule if they beat C'ville they could go all the way, have to tip my hat to there D-fence its great ! It took a while but they have arrived !

-- Posted by indian70 on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 12:34 AM
  • Nobody on this side of the state is good.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 7:59 AM

Solid win Dexter!!! Should be fun next week when my Tigers come to town!! Have to get there early so I can grab a few slabs of Hickory Log ribs to take home for after the game!

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 9:21 AM
  • Congrats Dexter on a great (rival) win. Thadcastle, trolling statements like that make me laugh. "No one on this side of the state is good."? Valle Catholic is 1st in class 1, Hayti is 6th in that same class. Park Hills Central is 3rd in class 3, and that's just in the Southern part of "this side" of the state.

-- Posted by semolian on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 9:39 AM
  • Just read where Dexter replaced us with Kelly for the next two years, interesting choice

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 9:57 AM
  • How about them Bearcats?!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 1:40 PM
  • I believe Dexter is playing Salem next year.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 1:50 PM
  • Really? Newspaper said Kelly.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 2:15 PM
  • Forrest, I'm with you. Really thought Sikeston would win.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 2:25 PM

They're picking up Salem and Kelly. Dropping Bluff and Sikeston

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 2:39 PM
  • Smart move by Kelly. Dropping a 1A school that beat them by 30 last night (Portageville) to pick up a 3A school. Wow.

-- Posted by Howard Cosell on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 10:35 PM
  • ^ if they're going to lose they might as well lose to a larger school. Points. "Wow."

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Sat, Sep 16, 2017, at 10:58 PM
  • And only one of those teams has a chance to play for a state title game. Would love for teams to prove me wrong.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Sun, Sep 17, 2017, at 8:42 AM
  • Dexter isn't playing Kelly next year. Bluff and Sikeston are both off the schedule for next season and will be replaced by Doniphan and Salem.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Mon, Sep 18, 2017, at 9:26 PM

Doniphan gonna have a Varsity team next year?

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Tue, Sep 19, 2017, at 7:03 AM
  • Yes. They have played middle school and junior varsity for the last couple years.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Tue, Sep 19, 2017, at 7:10 AM

Good for Doniphan!!!!!

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Tue, Sep 19, 2017, at 7:57 AM

Dexter will get some tough love from PHC here in a couple of weeks.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Tue, Sep 19, 2017, at 12:45 PM
  • Dexter will give PHC all they want and more. Don't worry, the Bearcats will be ready.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Sep 19, 2017, at 2:46 PM

I'm sure they will be.

The Rebels wouldn't settle for anything less.

They've gotta get ready to play Kennett in the District championship! LOL! (I'm joking!)

-- Posted by zachattack II on Tue, Sep 19, 2017, at 6:21 PM
  • I'm glad Dexter is doing well but let's not get ahead of yourselves. I think the same things were said when Ethan Stevens was qb, and he was very good but all phc could handle and more was two W's over Dexter.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Fri, Sep 22, 2017, at 12:00 AM
  • Ste Gen was awful vs Dexter and could have won, SG played pretty well vs PH and lost by 3Tds. Dexter keeping within 14 points would be suprising.

-- Posted by Coachken on Fri, Sep 22, 2017, at 5:56 AM
  • Dexter will be lucky to split the next 4 games and I do mean lucky. Defense will keep them in every one of them but they have to find a way to move the chains through the air. Right now it's not happening. C'Ville athletes vs good tandem of backers will make this week's game a dandy.

-- Posted by lonesomedavepeverett on Fri, Sep 22, 2017, at 7:38 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: