High School Football Forum: High School Football Previews

Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Aug 8, 2017, at 1:31 PM:

With little over a week out, where are the football previews? I see Kennett and Malden. Are any other newspapers running football previews this year? If so, when should they be out?

Replies (9)

I have been watching the Daily Journal in Park Hills....nothing yet. I will post a link if/when they publish something.

-- Posted by zachattack V2.0 on Tue, Aug 8, 2017, at 8:33 PM
  • Matt king said the Tuesday before the first game. So Aug. 15th

-- Posted by pj1972 on Tue, Aug 8, 2017, at 11:13 PM

The Southeast Missourian will be running football previews on its seven teams throughout this week, Monday through Thursday.

-- Posted by Josh Mlot on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 6:31 PM

Thanks for the update! Any chance you can get rid of the trolls like charle and jpdor? They're just annoying..

-- Posted by BlueNote on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 7:20 PM
    Response by Josh Mlot, Sports Editor, Southeast Missourian:
    Some light trolling livens up the place.

But we are making an effort to squash stuff that is going over the line or breaks our forum guidelines (or basic human decency, for that matter).

If there are posts you think cross the line, don't hesitate to report them.

• Anyone know how Valle looked at their jamboree? Every year when I speak to a person from Valle I hear how they dominated. Then I speak to a Park Hills fan and hear how PHC dominated. Too bad they stopped playing each other in the regular season.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Sun, Aug 13, 2017, at 4:14 PM
  • For as much as a Jamboree is worth, Valle out scored Central, SG tied as for scoring and Pius was Pius. These teams just dont show much at these things. They run so many guys in and out, the first team isn't hardly on the field for much. Valle looked good, PHC looked good, SG looked good.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sun, Aug 13, 2017, at 4:35 PM
  • Didn't see much of Valle or PHC but what I saw of Valle is your typical Valle a couple tall wr, solid line play ,good qb, very disciplined and always well coached.Valle also has a 2nd string QB who looks like he's going to be very good has a rocket for an arm.

Phc looked ok QB is back from last year and he might be running more with their RB out. Watched SG against PHC couldn't tell much seemed like the starters didn't play much, both teams subbing a lot of kids in and out.

SG looked ok they have a huge line but don't know if they will play good together.QB looked ok but I think as the year goes on he will get better.

Talked to a couple Valle parents over the weekend and they wasn't impressed to much with PHC

-- Posted by hb1025 on Sun, Aug 13, 2017, at 4:53 PM

All the teams at SG looked ok. Nobody really stood out out, but nobody looked terrible either.

-- Posted by zachattack V2.0 on Sun, Aug 13, 2017, at 10:30 PM
  • Thanks for the info!!

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Mon, Aug 14, 2017, at 8:07 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: