This late in May? Brutal.

-- Posted by Stuart on Thu, May 11, 2017, at 8:52 PM
  • Football or basketball?

-- Posted by asdf1234 on Thu, May 11, 2017, at 10:48 PM
  • Basketball

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 6:54 AM

Wrong once again Bleed.

-- Posted by Stuart on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 7:49 AM
  • The rumor I heard is that Casey resigned and is going to Park Hills Central.

-- Posted by PJ24 on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 8:16 AM
  • His son is a pretty good young football player, makes sense.

They may have even created a position to get him there since his son can play.

I think he may already live in PH.

Smart on their part. I mean we know why they would hire him, because of his son, but nothing illegal about the hire.

Plus, he is a pretty good basketball player as well.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 8:57 AM
  • Someone told me that he will not be coaching football. He will be coaching middle school basketball. But, that's just what I heard. You know how rumors are. I don't know what's true and what's not.

-- Posted by PJ24 on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 9:02 AM
  • His daughter played on the state basketball team a few years ago, while he coached football at Potosi. Believe his wife teaches at Park Hills.

-- Posted by bigknightfan on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 10:42 AM

Central has more recruits coming in boys. Stay tuned.

-- Posted by Stuart on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 1:09 PM
  • The family lives in Park Hills. Mom works and coaches for Central.Both younger siblings go to Central. Yea lots of recruiting here Stuart...blah, blah ,blah

-- Posted by hardwork on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 1:52 PM
  • So is the basketball or football coach leaving? Never really got an answer

-- Posted by asdf1234 on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 2:43 PM
  • football

-- Posted by hardwork on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 2:57 PM
  • True, lives in Park Hills.

His son would be ineligible to play varsity sports in PHC next year.

Would have to wait 12 months.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 3:18 PM
  • Correct me if I'm wrong Stuart but since his Dad is taking a Job at PHC wont he be eligible to play this fall? Either way Don't get to upset everyone his son is decent but nothing to write home to mom about!!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 6:13 PM

Hardwork: more on the way, sir.

He will be eligible.

-- Posted by Stuart on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 6:25 PM

Park Hills sure does have a lot of move ins. Im sure its for academics............

-- Posted by CoachKent on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 6:29 PM
  • You people on here are so ignorant. Yes, Park Hills gets tons of move-ins. Many they wish they didn't. Farmington and North County also get tons of "move-ins". A small percentage of the "move-ins" happen to be athletes. North County recently got the Chandler kid. Also Hunter Johnson and Hayden Sprenkel were "move-ins". Tons more (too many to name) Chase Busenbark, Brandt Busenbark, and many more "moved in" from Central schools to Farmington. Happens all the time in all districts when you are so close to each other. PHC likely gets around 30-40 "new" students to their HS every year( most are NOT athletes). Stuart is a moron who is very jealous of PHC. Who could blame Coach Casey IF this were true that he wanted to teach at PHC. He lives in PHC school district. His wife is admin there. Geez. Give the recruiting talk a rest. Idiots.

-- Posted by Only facts on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 9:53 PM

Only facts doesnt know everything. But thinks he does.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 10:19 PM
  • Unless the Casey's are moving from Potosi to the PH's district, the son will not be eligible to play varsity sports for 365. Just the way it is.

He has established his eligibility at Potosi. He can change schools and play JV the first year, but not varsity.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 10:53 PM
  • They have always lived in Central School district. BTIndians is wrong, wrong, wrong.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Fri, May 12, 2017, at 11:02 PM
  • Sorry BT. But back around 2006_2007 NC had a receiver in this exact situation who lived in Farmington and had a parent working at each school. He switched back to Farmington his senior year and got to play.

-- Posted by JoJo Starbuck on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 5:42 AM
  • BT Indians is wrong. Casey son will be eligible immediately. That's just the way it is. Watch and see. jo jo is right and it was a Noble (I think Doug Noble).

-- Posted by Only facts on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 7:39 AM
  • BT I believe the rules state that if a Parent accepts a Job at another School in the district the player is eligible to play! Now if I move my Kids to PHC to Volunteer on their Fire department because they love to set fires just so they can put them out, my oldest would be ineligible. Get it?

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 9:08 AM
  • I hope he gets to play and I definitely could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Since they live in Park Hills, he has to wait a year. If they physically lived in Potosi, and moved, he would be eligible.

He established his eligibility in Potosi.

As I said, I could be wrong but that is what I have always been told.

Exception would be some type of hardship.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 9:45 AM
  • This from the mshsaa manual.

We have an eleventh grade student who transferred to our school in October. She has resided with her parents in our

public district for several years; however, when she entered the 9th grade, she chose to attend a neighboring public

school. When will she become eligible?

A3:

She will become eligible without restrictions next October after she has attended your school continuously for 365 days,

as long as she is eligible in all other respects, per By-Laws 2.1 - 2.11.1.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 10:17 AM
  • He will be eligible thru hardship.

-- Posted by hardwork on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 10:23 AM
  • Possibly, but not a given.

It might depend on how Potosi views it.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 10:34 AM
  • He wouldn't of taken the job if he knew his son would be ineligible. Trust me they checked ahead of time before taking the job.

-- Posted by hardwork on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 11:07 AM
  • I have no doubt you are correct. My response is mainly for those above who were so sure I was wrong in what I was saying.

So I went to the source to see if what I thought I knew I really knew.

I was correct, but I would guess so are you.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sat, May 13, 2017, at 12:14 PM
  • You were completely wrong, living in district and choosing to attend another school has nothing to do with this situation. The student is under hardship due to the parent accepting a job at different school. Therefore he/she became immediately eligible to play for whatever school the parent started working.

-- Posted by RichardTheTurd on Sun, May 14, 2017, at 9:47 AM

BT takes one on the chin. Whammy.

This is common place all over the state. Immediately eligible.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Sun, May 14, 2017, at 4:03 PM
  • Hardships are not a given. A student-athlete has to apply for a hardship waiver.

He/She could be granted that waiver, or it could be denied.

So CoachKent, not one on the chin. Students in this situation are not eligible immediately.

And I will repeat, I have no skin in this game and I hope the kid gets to play varsity and not have to wait a year.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sun, May 14, 2017, at 6:50 PM
  • i. Exception 9 - Waiver--Even though a student transfers schools under circumstances which do not meet the terms of the Transfer of Enrollment Standards, he/she still may be granted eligibility to participate in interscholastic athletics as hereinafter restricted if the student qualifies under the following terms and conditions: 1. A student whose name has been included on a school eligibility roster at any level (varsity, junior varsity, freshman, junior high, etc.) for a given sport during the 12 calendar months preceding the date of such transfer can be eligible only for sub-varsity competition in that sport(s) for 365 days from the date of transfer. A student may have unrestricted eligibility in all other sports in which his/her name has not appeared on a school eligibility roster (at any level). 2. A student who has attended a school system that does not sponsor interscholastic athletics but who has participated in organized non-school competition, as defined in By-Law 3.13.2, during the 12 calendar months preceding the date of such transfer can be eligible only for sub-varsity competition in that sport(s) for 365 days from the date of transfer. A student may have unrestricted eligibility in all other sports in which he/she did not participate. 3. Eligibility can be granted provided the athletic eligibility is approved by the principals of both the sending and receiving schools and the Board of Directors and further provided there is no athletic purpose involved in the transfer.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sun, May 14, 2017, at 6:59 PM
  • Eligible. Immediately.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Sun, May 14, 2017, at 9:59 PM
  • Eligible immediately if:

Hardship is approved. If not, eligible with restrictions.

Potosi challenges the hardship, I doubt it would be approved.

I doubt they challenge.

But I do like to be correct and in this case I am.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 7:48 AM
  • All this over a young man who is going to a new school that both his parents work at and live in the district? BT you really don't have much going on do ya?

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 8:15 AM
  • He just likes proving all you guys wrong!!!

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 1:36 PM
  • I must have a little more going on than you, because you have 100's of more posts on this forum than I do.

Also might add, you either have not read through these or your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

If you can read and comprehend, you will see that my posts and most of the others, are only indirectly about this particular situation, it is more about transfer rules and a hardship waiver.

I mentioned in several of my posts, that I have no skin in the game and hope he is eligible, but I do understand this aspect of the transfer rules and what a hardship waiver is.

So this is not all about what you stated it was all about.

I do enjoy a good debate and I do enjoy it especially when I know I am correct. I am correct about the rule that would pertain to this situation.

With all of that said, anyone who wears a shirt with coach on it, or even more likely, anyone on a gossip internet site who refers to themselves as coach, the overwhelming odds are that they are a douchebag.

Your posts indicate you would not beat those odds.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 1:40 PM
  • Here's a question, Why would Paul Casey the Head Football Coach at Potosi Leave Potosi to become a Junior high Basketball coach in Park Hills? We know it isn't the drive I believe he lives about halfway between the 2 schools, is it the $? NO, theirs no way he's making more Coaching Junior High Basketball at PHC! So ya something does seem a little funny here!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 2:18 PM
  • Ha...keyboard tough guy. Care to watch a PH game with me this year?

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 2:59 PM
  • To CoachKen's defense BT he has stated several times he isn't a Coach!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 3:12 PM
  • Thanks Bleed.

Who is the keyboard tough guy? Your last post seems like more of a threat than anything I typed.

I read your posts. You are really good at sarcasm and put downs but obviously you don't take them as well as you give them.

I apologize to you if you are triggered by my post.

But since you asked, should I be scared to watch a game with you?

-- Posted by BTIndians on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 3:35 PM
  • Bleed Green, I can answer your questions.

A) who says he is going to be a junior high basketball coach? My guess he will coach basketball and football at some level.

B) coaches don't make much. BUT he will make more teaching at PHC. PHC salary schedule is really good. One of best in area.

C) he currently lives near Mineral Area College. Way closer to Central High School than Potosi HS. Long drive every day to Potosi. Save on gas money.

D). Another point. Word on the street is that Noah Jacobsen, starting Potosi QB is having some type of arm surgery and will miss entire football season. Just thought I would throw that in there. Really not that tough of decision. Nothing funny there. Just common sense.

-- Posted by Only facts on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 4:59 PM
  • And I will add that Jake Casey will be eligible immediately. I am sure they cleared all of that with Potosi and MSHSAA before move was made. Potosi AD formerly worked at PHC. They wouldn't do anything to keep Casey kid from being eligible. Same thing with BIG deal that North County people made about Skaggs girl living in their district a couple of years ago. PHC cleared it all with MSHSAA before hand. Idiots from North County got all fired up but it was all checked out before they moved for her senior year. Oh by the way, MSHSAA been known to bend their rules a time or 2. Lol.

-- Posted by Only facts on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 5:09 PM
  • Moving to another district but staying at the school where you were playing is different in the eyes of mshsaa than not moving at all and changing districts.

And seriously, I hope it all works out. Again, no skin in the game. I am just stating the transfer and hardship policy.

I think it is legit for a person to decide he wants to not be a head football coach and work closer to his home. Being a head football coach may be fun, but it ain't that much fun and nearly all get ready to do something else after awhile.

In spite of all of that, the rules above say, in a case of a player not moving but changing districts, it requires an appeal and approval.

I have little doubt that will happen, but the two situations mentioned above are different in terms of transfer policy.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 7:48 PM

You Mineral Area people are the most gossipy, whiney, individuals I have ever seen. Leave the kids alone. Leave the coaches alone. And grow up.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Mon, May 15, 2017, at 9:04 PM
  • Yes, because there are never any complaints or discussions about schools in southeast Missouri, the bootheel, St. Louis and other places when there are transfers. Sarcasm.

The truth is that there really has been very little whining or gossip in this discussion except from the people complaining about gossip and whining. Most of the posts have just been a grown up discussion about how the transfer rule works.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 6:14 AM
  • So your saying since his QB got hurt he's gonna walk away from the other 50 kids who were counting on him? Yep he will fit in well at PHC!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 7:01 AM
  • CoachKent,

Please don't categorize all of us as whiners. I read these forums all the time and it's the some one or two who do the whining. That's not representative of the entire Mineral Area.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 7:36 AM
  • I'm hearing that he will be coaching JV basketball and he will be involved with varsity football. Bleed, he is not leaving because his QB is hurt. He may or may not be hurt but Casey's decision to leave has absolutely nothing to do with that.

-- Posted by PJ24 on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 8:37 AM
  • Well according to Only Facts it was!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 2:14 PM
  • Maybe every school has move ins, but in the past 6-8 years it seems Park Hills tops the list, usually basketball talents.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 2:37 PM
  • Give'em credit. One of the things they check out when hiring a teacher is do they have a child that is an athlete.

Also, they have been known to have a coach or two who have suggested to parents they should move their child into their district. They ask the parents of athletes. I am not sure if they ask the parents of really smart kids or not.

What everyone should do if you want to improved and/or be as good as you can be.

I don't criticize them, I applaud them for making it happen.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 3:46 PM
  • Exactly Taxpayer Parent! Seems like every year there's question marks surrounding the School! We all know they bend if not break the rules! I'm just wondering how many Foster kids they're bringing in this yr?

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Tue, May 16, 2017, at 4:03 PM
  • Whoa there!!! Someone misread my thread (bleed green, what's new). I did NOT say Casey was leaving because his QB was hurt. Just made a statement that I heard he was hurt. Didn't feel like starting a whole new thread on that subject. Big losses for Potosi next year. And yes, word has it Casey will be JV basketball coach and on varsity football coaching staff.

-- Posted by Only facts on Thu, May 18, 2017, at 7:37 PM
  • I guess CoachKent has selective reading and sounds like a grudge against MAAA, please feel free Coach to scroll through any of the other forums and listen to the countless whining of those southeast team faithful (particularly baseball right now -- hum it in here CoachKent).

Not a big PHC fan, but Coach Casey's spouse and other children all go there so I would just assume he was always waiting for a in to the system which it sounds like he got. yes his son is a good athlete, yes the current qb does have to have arm surgery and out for next year. but I believe that is just coincidence. best of luck to him.

-- Posted by thatDude on Fri, May 19, 2017, at 9:33 AM

Potosi deal might have something to do with natives showing up at the school board meeting with pitchforks and torches.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Sat, May 20, 2017, at 8:58 AM

Some top coaches from down south have applied. This could be an interesting hire.

-- Posted by Golfcart_Lombardi on Mon, May 22, 2017, at 10:28 PM

After Jackson dominates SEMO in 2017, there will be a lot of area coaches looking to get out Golfcart.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Tue, May 23, 2017, at 8:15 PM

He's right, Mineral Area fans are gossipy and a lot more than the bootheel fans.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Thu, May 25, 2017, at 9:37 AM
  • Why would "top" coaches from other parts of the state be interested in going to potosi in May? Any top coach is already going to be where they want to be for this coming season not looking to move, most summer programs are already starting. By top coaches do you mean a couple former perryville coaches, I've also heard they have applied but once again not top coaches.

-- Posted by CodeRed on Fri, May 26, 2017, at 2:27 PM
  • Lots of "top" coaches on semoball currently not coaching anywhere.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Sat, May 27, 2017, at 7:56 AM
  • Come on Bogey. Its still May.

-- Posted by JoJo Starbuck on Sat, May 27, 2017, at 8:15 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: