Sikeston Boys Basketball Loses to McCluer

Posted by Mr. Baseball on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 8:11 AM:

All this talk about how good Sikeston is. They must have looked past McCluer, as they lost to them last Saturday.

I have some news for you all. McCluer is not even rated in the top 10 in the St. Louis area. No one talks about them.

Sikeston probably looked past McCluer with thoughts about playing Chaminade.

If you can't beat McCluer, then you have minimal hope against Chaminade.

Playoffs? Playoffs! Vashon is standing in the way, and they will be around for years, as many of their best players are underclassmen.

Sikeston needs to play one game at a time and stop talking about going to state, etc.

Replies

I'll bite. Sikeston came off of playing their most intense rivalry game on Friday night at Charleston. Coupled with playing a Chaminade tonight. I'm in no sense worried about losing to a team who was talented, shot it well, and athletic. *shrugs shoulders*

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 8:18 AM
  • My point is, no one saw this loss coming.

Need to be ready every time you lace up the shoes.

This is how a team with potential gets knocked out of a title run, by overlooking teams.

Yes, I know I put this on a football forum. My mistake.

-- Posted by Mr. Baseball on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 8:30 AM

Thanks, Mr. Baseball for the tip about not looking ahead. Do you honestly think Coach Holifield lets his team make reservations for the Final Four halfway through the season?

And, Vashon will have a tough district to get out of with St. Mary's looming in the title game.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 8:35 AM
  • The reason nobody saw this coming is because very few in SEMO know anything about McCluer. You act as if they are scrubs.

Mr. Baseball forgot to wear a helmet when he stepped into the batter box.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 8:56 AM
  • Mr. Baseball an expert on a basketball topic...interesting.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 9:16 AM
  • Sikeston loses one game and everybody freaks out, as usual. I don't care what McCluer is ranked or not ranked, that was a talented bunch that came to play. Sikeston prepared for 7 straight days for Charleston and had to turn around and play at 3 the next day while McCluer didn't play Friday and had a week to prepare for Sikeston. Those are the facts. There was no looking ahead to Chaminade, it was all preparation for a key conference game against their arch rival. A wise man once said, "it's hard to win them all."

Your last point, who on Sikeston is talking about going to state? Which player did you talk to?

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 9:17 AM
  • I seen where we have 2 more games on Friday and Saturday. One is Kennett the night before and then I think Father Tolten then Poplar Bluff and Whitfield I think.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 9:54 AM
  • Mr Basetroll obviously is bored at work or school or with his home life. No Sikeston fan has even mentioned winning distrix this year. Every Sikes fan knows Vashon is the team to beat this year, again, and we woodnt even play them at state, IF we get thru distrix and the next round. ND and Cape will have somethin to say about us gittn thru distrix, as is always the case. Try to add a little excitement to ur life outside of trolling Sikes fans, Mrs Basetroll!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 10:05 AM
  • Say what you want for excuses and petty personal attacks. The facts speak volumes. I have read people talking about the playoff run and possibly an undefeated season on this forum, about Sikeston basketball. St. Mary's will not beat Vashon, but even if St. Mary's beats them, Sikeston would have to get past them. McCluer is not a private school or basketball powerhouse. I would say that 50% of the St. Louis area doesn't even know where McCluer is located. You all are talking McCluer up so the loss doesn't minimize Sikeston' performance.

-- Posted by Mr. Baseball on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 10:17 AM
  • Sikeston loses a game and the trolls come out.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 10:33 AM
  • Oh ok, so you say the FANS are the ones talking about going to state. Who cares? That's what fans do. Please tell me you are aware that fans can be overzealous or are you that naive?

Although I must say I've never ever read on here anybody saying Sikeston would go undefeated or even win state, so it's obvious you are making that up. But even if they did and I happened to miss that particular post, who cares? Go out and enjoy the basketball season. Don't let your hatred for Sikeston control your life. It's high school sports iwth high school kids. It's not the end of the world if Sikeston made a mistake and lost a game. There are bigger and better things out there. Smile :)

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 10:37 AM
  • Trolls are personal attack magnets mrs basetroll, i guess its what adds that little bit of zest to ur life. But if thats what it takes to make life meaningful, troll on......

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 11:14 AM

It's no secret I'm not the biggest Sikeston fan, but I haven't seen one fan on here say they were going to go undefeated this year or make a state run.

I wouldn't make a bold statement like St. Mary's will not beat Vashon. STM is very good, and has an excellent coach. Plus they are undefeated. You can't ever count out a team that has the right pieces (STM has great guard and great big guy) and a very good coach.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 11:43 AM
  • Losses like this are good for a young team, and it couldn't have happened at a better time if it had to happen. Sikeston just came off of a nice win against a very strong Charleston team. Less than 24 hours later, they have to hit the floor again. I can understand that even though they are supposed to be in prime physical condition that it would be easy to find that extra push at the end of the fourth quarter. Athletes just run out of gas. Mr. Baseball, as a self-proclaimed baseball guy, you should know exactly what I'm talking about in regards to pitchers. Very rarely does a pitcher throw the complete game, and do it at a high level of success. If he does, he doesn't come back out the next day and pitch again. I'm not making excuses for the loss. A loss isn't always a bad thing, especially when you are winning by large margins repeatedly. But that loss to a team that is not well known for it's basketball prowess this year should only make the guys more hungry for the next victory to get that taste out of their mouths. Show some respect to a program that has earned it Mr. Baseball. Sikeston is a good program that has had streaks of greatness the last several years. The fans expect a lot, the players expect a lot. If you can't respect that then there's really no reason to bring it up. Negativity is a curse that we place upon ourselves. These kids read these boards and the best thing we can do as fans is to show support across the board. I always want to beat Charleston and Cape and Bluff when we play them in things. But I respect each one of those programs. I'm sure I would respect yours too Mr. Baseball, which is more than can be said about you in regards to my program. Best of luck to your team, hopefully you're not their best fan.

-- Posted by Bulldogs95 on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 12:44 PM
  • You guys are funny. I like all of the demeaning replies. Some of you all need to go back and look at some earlier threads this year. You will see that even before the season started, there were comments about late season match-ups with Vashon, for example.

I don't care that Sikeston fans are routing for your team, I'm just saying take one game at a time.

Didn't take much to get several all hot and bothered.

-- Posted by Mr. Baseball on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 3:46 PM
  • troll ball has been waiting on Sikeston to lose all year and now he has his moment in the sun to plaster his nonsense on here. Which to most is meaningless. These posters come and go every year. Once they don't receive the attn they want, they disappear. So here's to you Trollball! Good luck and best wishes!

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 4:07 PM
  • Again, no substance. Troll this troll that. Come up with some new material. AGAIN, when people have nothing meaningful or thought provoking, the name calling, demeaning comments is all they have.

-- Posted by Mr. Baseball on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 4:14 PM
  • Please copy and paste the comment by a sikeston fan that said we will go undefeated. Then people may upgrade u from a troll to an elf.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 5:05 PM
  • Also copy and paste the sikeston fan that said we are a lock for the final 4. Trolls are good at generalities, so be a good elf and supply us with some "substance".

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 5:10 PM
  • Mr. Baseball is just another on a growing number of Sikeston trolls.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 5:42 PM
  • I'll be surprised if sikeston doesn't make the final four

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 5:56 PM
  • Thanks yaeger for the trollbait, altho i asked him to supply sikeston fans' posts so i guess urz woodnt qualify

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 6:01 PM
  • Who doesn't expect the best from their team? A final four appearance isn't defined by a non-conference, regular season loss. Every year Charleston is expected to go to state, as is Scott County Central. Both have tremendous programs and if they don't make it then it's kind of considered a down year. What's the harm in Sikeston wanting to get to that sort of basketball status?

Like I said Mr. Baseball. Have some respect for the athletes that give you the opportunity to talk crap about them.

-- Posted by Bulldogs95 on Tue, Jan 10, 2017, at 7:13 PM

Troll

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Jan 11, 2017, at 12:58 PM
  • TROLL =

The Reality Of Logical Language

Thanks for the complement.

-- Posted by Mr. Baseball on Thu, Jan 12, 2017, at 10:42 AM
  • -- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Thu, Jan 12, 2017, at 11:08 AM
  • Im still waiting for cut and paste facts mrs basetroll...

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 12, 2017, at 12:29 PM
  • Look it up yourself MRS. cirithungol17

I'm not your librarian.

-- Posted by Mr. Baseball on Thu, Jan 12, 2017, at 1:06 PM
  • Ur credibility approaches zero with that answer, which we pretty well knew all along, but nice to have verification!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 12, 2017, at 1:47 PM
  • I'm a Dexter fan but Ik Sikeston shouldn't be worried about losing to good teams even if it was by McCluer cause you know going into that they were gonna be good from the kids they can get and have a group of kids that only play basketball. It's like with our girl basketball team we have one of the best teams around but get beat by schools around St. Louis and we don't stress about cause we know there is more games to improve on

-- Posted by Dexter3064 on Thu, Jan 12, 2017, at 3:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: