Semoball

High School Football Forum: Carr Trophy

Posted by fballman213 on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 10:55 AM:

Who are top contenders? Lets see who you guys think?!

Replies (17)

• I would go Allen Mills from Hayti

The QB from Poplar Bluff

The QB from Cape

-- Posted by Football fan now on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 11:40 AM
  • Callis from Jackson.. played the toughest competition in the area

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 11:47 AM
  • I hate to here about toughest competition..a kid from cville or hayti cannot make the schedule they just play who's on it. if that case make it a jackson pb and cape award since they will always play the toughest competition

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 1:16 PM
  • @SouthEspn.. I see your point. But Callis's stats speak loud and clear as well

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 1:27 PM
  • You didnt say that in you first post lol

u said because he played the toughest competition

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 1:37 PM

Foust's stats ain't too shabby either.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 8:52 PM
  • foust

-- Posted by chsfan185 on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 10:04 PM
  • Foust for sure

-- Posted by Alabama1 on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 10:18 PM

Got to go with Callis

-- Posted by sbulldog4life on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 11:35 PM
  • As food for thought, does anyone have stats to post for the leading contenders named above or others?

-- Posted by Nice Guy Eddie on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 6:48 AM
  • mills - hayti

cox - scott city

foust - bluff

-- Posted by haytiroyalty on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 7:52 AM
  • Looks like Cox has 2427 yards rushing, 35 td's. Callis has 2760 passing, 38 total td's. Hard to get complete totals from semoball articles. Especially if it's not Cape county-ish

-- Posted by Richard Simmons on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 9:02 AM
  • I'd say Foust and Callis in terms of play and stats would be really close. However I could see the favor swing with Callis if Jackson beats Vianney.

-- Posted by Dblank25 on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 9:09 AM
  • I think it's a little easier to find Fousts stats since their season is over due to their loss to Vianney. His looks like 2931 passing with 35 tds and 69 percent completion rate. It also appears he threw 522 yards against Jackson which is the most in a single game in the history of the SEMO conference. Stats from Semoball Twitter. Due to Bluff not being able to run the ball, his ability to carry that team through the air is what I find remarkable plus he came out of no where. Just my opinion.

-- Posted by Alabama1 on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 10:06 AM
  • Wow! Is Foust a senior? Anyone giving him or Callis looks? I believe I read that Callis is a junior...it's amazing how so many more athletes are achieving these types of numbers. I guess it's easier to play that 11th, 12th, etc. game now than it used to be but still! I remember watching Jordan Webb up at Union and what he did then was unbelievable! Now, more athletes are in that same ball park. Don't see crazy rushing numbers anymore except for Cox and the Hamilton-Penney (Overstreet?) kid from a few years back. Jackson had a 1600+ yd rusher what seemed like every year for a long time!

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 10:25 AM
  • callis won't get the carr trophy just for the fact he's a junior. there would be a riot at the banquet.

-- Posted by BluffHooligan on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 10:56 AM
  • its between foust and cox

-- Posted by BluffHooligan on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 10:57 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: