Posted by iLikeSports on Wed, Oct 26, 2016, at 10:04 PM:

Just got word that Dayon Moore from Hayti has picked up his third offer. This one coming from the number 11 ranked team in the nation for JUCO football (Coffeyville), if this is true then that's huge for him. Kid has one of the highest ceilings I've seen at the WR posistion from this area in a long time.

Replies (123)

• Coffeyville is a really good program. Every year I see a couple of their kids go to solid D1 programs. Best of luck to Mr. Moore!

-- Posted by semo501 on Wed, Oct 26, 2016, at 10:41 PM
  • Where is the other 2 offers from ?

-- Posted by Manley Man on Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 10:41 AM
  • I hope SEMO is in there?

-- Posted by arich35 on Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 12:09 PM

Moore does have an offer from SEMO. I believe the other is Missouri Southern State University (MSSU)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 12:27 PM
  • He will play strong safety at the next level

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 12:32 PM

Kin to William Moore ?

-- Posted by indian73 on Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 4:09 PM
  • Yes...nephew perhaps..but I know related.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 7:14 PM

Cousin I believe. But someone from Hayti or more in the know of the family can correct me if I'm wrong.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 7:17 PM
  • Nephew

-- Posted by Manley Man on Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 8:23 PM
  • Coffeyville offer was to play Strong Safety. William is Dayon's cousin. Southern Illinois and Eastern Illinois have been contacting him regularly. He's William's cousin.

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Thu, Oct 27, 2016, at 8:32 PM
  • So is he out of the next game because of the targeting penalty?

-- Posted by F.O.P on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 9:49 PM
  • Yes

-- Posted by gianthook on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 9:54 PM
  • This game shows exactly why Hayti won't beat Valle.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 9:56 PM
  • Prediction: Valle beats Hayti down so bad they remove any 'what if we had Dayon' talk out of the equation. If anything Dayon's hit was an act of self preservation

-- Posted by Sammy Langhorne on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 10:16 PM
  • Espn05 was u there ? Probably not. **** poor call. Would definitely like to see the tape .Hope Mshsaa gives it a hard look this week. Cause the Appeal has probably already been put in. They gift wrap the district title for Valle if so uh, NOT ,don't sleep on us.

-- Posted by Manley Man on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 10:17 PM
  • I wasn't referring to the "hit". There were many flags blown for unsportsmanlike conduct and that is why you won't beat Valle. Being undisciplined will lose the game.

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 10:21 PM
  • Would love for Hayti to pull the upset, just don't see it happening, with or without Moore!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 10:25 PM
  • So Espn05 what's your opinion of the hit ?? Anyone else doesn't get a flag much less an ejection.

-- Posted by Manley Man on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 10:41 PM
  • If you think the ejection was because he is Dayon Moore you are a complete idiot

-- Posted by footballjunkie on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 11:04 PM
  • Complete joke of a call. Ref was on the opposite side of the field and I'm not a Hayti or Scott city fan. Just went to watch the game.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 11:08 PM
  • If you wasn't at the game or haven't seen the view why are you taking. It has nothing to do with Hayti being undisciplined. Dayon Moore made a big hit like he is know for doing down the side line and Scott City bench all went after him and the kid attempted to defend himself. It should be overturn not saying they were gonna beat Valle but he is a game changer. This game is to big for that

-- Posted by Football fan now on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 11:13 PM
  • I hope Mshsaa changes this call. So many kids tackle like punks that they refs call the game the same way.

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 11:18 PM

footballjunkie call me an idiot 1000 times because the only reason a flag and ejection happened on that play was because dayon moore was the hitter....i hope mshsaa takes a good hard look at the hit. as big a game as this was? cmon now.....last week daustin thomas completely leveled a kid from crystal city, much like the hit tonight...not even a flag on that call. to be the man, u gotta beat the man...... valle is next and we will come to play, with or without dayon moore.....

-- Posted by hayti123456 on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 11:33 PM
  • I am definitely behind Hayti. The always face a lot of adversity but I really hope they come out on top. Seem like they work to hard for something like this. mshsaa needs to take a real look at it.

-- Posted by Football fan now on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 11:39 PM
  • Was at the game. Clear targeting. Please stop making this more than it actually is. If the officials at MSHSAA decide he can play, then great. If not, it's because he made a mistake and will have the opportunity to learn from it.

-- Posted by Potent Potables on Fri, Oct 28, 2016, at 11:58 PM
  • Calling me an idiot lmao. Well geez I feel stupid now. Don't bother me at all . Very intelligent and full of knowledge. Especially football. I was there first hand

Like I said NO ONE ELSE GETS EJECTED ..

-- Posted by Manley Man on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:02 AM
  • I was literally standing on the sideline watching the play happen. You're getting really angry about a high school football game.

-- Posted by Potent Potables on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:06 AM
  • So was I

-- Posted by Manley Man on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:18 AM

I missed this game but here's prediction for you.

Scott City will be unbeatble for the next three years.

-- Posted by TheCamp on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 1:18 AM
  • Get outta here with that nonsense, they won't leave district play a single time

-- Posted by Sammy Langhorne on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 1:33 AM
  • Sorry TheCamp just won the title!

Back to original point. If you think the referee was processing at the time of the play that this is Dayon Moore and he was thinking, "man this is my chance to guarantee hayti loses next week, because man I hate them!", that is what is crazy/stupid.

The fact that the call may have been bad is acceptable just not believable that it was because it was him

-- Posted by footballjunkie on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 2:09 AM
  • I was at this game and saw the hit...now the call was a hit on a defenseless player and i cannot understand how a guy that is that close to the play defenseless...it was a clean hard hit PERIOD.....

now what it seems like to me is the coach from scott city may have put a bug in the refs ear about some hits maybe from the first game a couple weeks ago but as far as that hit on that play the call was terrible....and for a guy as mild manner as dayon to be suspeneded for the district championship after waiting 4 years for this opportunity is terrible....

Now to the undiscipline comment....scott city had most of personal fouls for late hits and grabbing facemasks really trying to hurt hayti players...but the funny thing about it was when the games was close none of that was going on..when they realized this was their last game thats when scott city started that crap now i dont know many high schools that wouldnt protect themselves but hayti gets labeled "undiscipline" thats very interesting i have some theories of why we get that label but ill leave it where its at

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 6:22 AM
  • The speculation can stop...It wont be overturned. It's shame for Moore but they won't change the ruling.

-- Posted by semo_official on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 7:09 AM
  • Semo official we know it won't because it's HAYTI !!!! We shall overcome as we always do. Maybe we should join Arkansas where we can get a fair shake!!!

-- Posted by Manley Man on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 7:47 AM
  • Hate to inform you... But the game was a well called game and well played game by both sides, up until the cheap shot by Hayti. And thats all it was. you could see it coming when the hayti player reversed from Hayti's sideline to SC's sideline. All it was, was a head hunting, blind side cheap shot. Hooray for the Refs for following the Rules. Helmet to Helmet contact, after launching yourself from the ground. And if thats the way he's been taught. Well enough said on that. If you play dirty you pay the price. And the hit was more between mid field and the hash marks. Get your facts straight

-- Posted by sportsguy007 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 8:19 AM

scott city fans are butt hurt...i get it. but targeting, it wss not....

-- Posted by hayti123456 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 8:44 AM
  • I dnt see how it was a cheap shot when the guy he hit was about to make the tackle

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 8:46 AM
  • It' is a shame. I wanted to see Hayti knock off Valle. The only thing I disagree with is saying the ref was out to get Dayon. That is dumb.

-- Posted by footballjunkie on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 8:52 AM

let me clarify.....im not saying the ref thought to himself, "heres my chance to get dayon out of the game" but what i am saying is the ref probably thought "oh my god that was such a brutal hit, it has to be illegal" add the fact that it was beside the scott city sideline and im sure they were chirping "targeting targeting" ...look, ive watched the kid play football for 4 years now. he is one of those guys that can knock a brick wall down. ill close with this for all of his future opponents, "head better be on a swivel"

-- Posted by hayti123456 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 9:15 AM
  • read my lips: Helmet to Helmet contact.

-- Posted by sportsguy007 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 9:16 AM
  • i agree... but such a superstar player wouldn't have put himself in that situation. That's when the Player becomes bigger than the team.

-- Posted by sportsguy007 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 9:19 AM

you dont know dayon at all if u rhink he puts himself above the team. awesome football player but even a better person

-- Posted by hayti123456 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 9:26 AM
  • Let me clarify this a little.

#1 The flag did not come from across the field. The official on the sideline 5 yards away threw his flag immediately as well as the white hat who is 10 yards behind the play (Watch the film).

#2 if #7 blocks the kicker this will be a touchdown as the player would go untouched down the sideline if the kicker doesn't stop him and turn him in (Watch the film)

#3 Instead #7 goes after a player who the returner has already passed and could not make the play (Watch the film)

#4 The player #7 delivers a viscous blind side block that he leads with his helmet and launched directly into the other kids helmet. (Watch the film)

This is the exact thing that is killing football in our society and what they are trying to get out of football because of head injuries. You can argue all you want but if anyone MSHSAA included watches that film it was the exact correct call no matter who does it. Sucks that the kid will sit out against Valle. While I in no way am a Hayti fan I root for every team playing Valle. That was the correct call. Period.

-- Posted by trl1995 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 10:05 AM
  • NFHS Football Rules Book.

Rule 2-20-2 provides a definition for targeting. Targeting is an act of taking aim and initiating contact to an opponent above the shoulders with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulders. The penalty for targeting is 15 yards. The offending player may be disqualified if the foul is deemed to be flagrant.

Rule 2-32-16 defines a defenseless player as a player who, because of

his physical position and focus of concentration, is especially vulnerable to injury.Additiona l rules coverage is provided in Rule 9-3-3i(3).

____

I saw the play on film, here's the breakdown.

Scott City Kickoff

Hayti return team looks to have a return left call

Scott City Kicks the ball to the right side of the field

Hayti return team sets up return left

Scott City kids fly down the field

Dayon is the up back on the left side

Hayti return man allows blocks to set up

Scott City player is in pursuit of the Ball

Dayon makes clean block with his shoulder

Scott City sideline reacts madly

Refs then throw the whistle after they hear the SC coaches.

__

a. Under NFHS rules, a targeting foul always results in an ejection.

b. Under NFHS rules, a targeting foul only results in an ejection if the crew deems the foul to be flagrant.

Targeting does not require an ejection; it is treating like any other personal foul as the crew can eject if

deemed flagrant.

c. Under NFHS rules, a targeting foul always results in an ejection but that team may show the referee video at halftime (if foul in the 1st half) or after the game (if foul in the 2nd half) to have the ejection overturned.

-- Posted by coachporterjp3 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 10:12 AM
  • Well obviously there are very few non-biased opinions. We can clearly see there are a few Hayti fans, including a former Hayti coach, who will call the block clean and should be no ejection, while others who are Scott City fans or not fans of Hayti believe the block was illegal.

Either way it's a tough loss for Hayti. I would obviously love to see the video of this hit to make my own conclusions but I'm assuming there is none available. Either way good call or not, as a coach you're always going to yell for the flag to be thrown to help your team. If a coach says they don't argue calls then they aren't doing everything they should to win plain and simple. How many times do we see coaches yell for holding, PI or other penalties that could go either way?

In other words, someone post the film. Tell the kid to put it on his highlight tape on Hudl so we can get that link. Whatever we have to do let's see some video of this hit so us fans who weren't in attendance can see what happens besides play-by-play of what happened according to one side or the other.

-- Posted by AthleticProwl on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 10:32 AM
  • Coach Porter, as a coach you should know that Dayon using his shoulder has nothing to do with whether it is targeting or not. It is where he makes contact with his shoulder. Make it clear known, I love huge hit and think they have made the game softer, maybe safer, but sometimes referees over react on huge hits.

Once again I will reiterate, I have NOT see this hit but would love to so I would be able to form my own opinion.

-- Posted by AthleticProwl on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 10:35 AM
  • I wish I was more technologically advanced. I have screen shot pics I took of the launch the helmet to helmet and the flag being throw as they hit the ground before Scott city even reacts. Can't figure out how to paste them though it doesn't seem it will let me. Oh well i guess people will always see what they want but the proof is in the pics and it is there for anyone who has access to it. Good luck to Hayti I hope they pull it off and stop the Valle train.

-- Posted by trl1995 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 10:35 AM

Let's go back and see the Scott City flop of the century against Cape Central... Lol sorry

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 10:53 AM
  • Didn't leave his feet lead with shoulder. This was said from a coach to 5 miles down the road from Hayti. So neutral party. To bad he wasn't the official. Thanks for posting Scott City.

-- Posted by Manley Man on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 11:22 AM

led with his shoulder and never left his feet....the video is proof

-- Posted by hayti123456 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 11:38 AM
  • After watching that film! Terrible call, a good old fashion hit! Dayon hits like a Mac truck I believe the officals just are not use to seeing hits like that! I'm a Caruthersville fan I call the ejection B.S.

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 11:40 AM

there is a big difference in launching and leading with the crown of the helmet than running through someone while you lead with your shoulder.

-- Posted by hayti123456 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 11:44 AM
  • Thanks for putting that up mr Rogers looks like a a vicious hit not a dirty hit .horrible call in this malden fans opinion.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 11:50 AM
  • After watching the film if this needs to be overturned let the young man play

-- Posted by Football fan now on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:12 PM
  • LETS THIS MAN PLAY NEXT WEEK!!

-- Posted by iLikeSports on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:26 PM
  • After watching the view if any body say he led with his helmet or that something is illegal about this hit they are a complete dumb ***. I not a Hayti or Scott City fan. I believe the hit was so viscous the refs just through the flag. Don't penalize the refs we all make mistakes but let the kid play next week. If the Moore kid ever gets to see the comments, I just want to tell you great play kid, hope you are able to play next week and I look forward to seeing you play at the next level. To the Scott City kid I am truly sorry about the hit, good effort and just come back bigger and stronger next season. Good luck to everybody

-- Posted by Football fan now on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:30 PM
  • For the record, any of you trying to make this a racial issue should be ashamed of yourselves. You are the problem with society.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:30 PM

it sure is strange that the link isnt working anymore, hmmmmm

-- Posted by hayti123456 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:36 PM
  • Yes it is strange!! I can't get on it again either!

-- Posted by Moose76 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:39 PM
  • Who ever makes the highlight just deleted it smh strange but the prove is in the pudding.

-- Posted by Football fan now on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:41 PM
  • Hits like this happen every week. This is a clean lead with the shoulder crack back on a guy that was in position to make a play on the ball. Horrendous call. Hope they win this appeal. It does nothing but hurt the kid not letting him play in the district championship he's been working the last 4 years for.

-- Posted by bocko on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 12:47 PM
  • Ha,I guess mr Rogers didn't get the reaction he thought he would on here.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 1:27 PM
  • IF he hit the kid above the shoulders it was the correct call. Whether or not he should be out the next game I can't say. The video was not clear enough on where he hit the little Scott City kid. Just happy to see him hop up quickly and shake it off.

-- Posted by BigBigBlue on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 2:10 PM
  • Big blue is a Valle guy and scared lmao

-- Posted by Manley Man on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 7:20 PM
  • it wont be overturned. mshsaa does not overturn judgement calls like this.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 7:28 PM
  • Tbh I can't wait until Valle waxes Hayti.

They'd do it with or without Moore.

Hayti posters are the worst, you've had one good team in the last 15 years and you come on here with some obnoxious posters.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 7:41 PM
  • Boogie 2 words suck it

-- Posted by Manley Man on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 8:00 PM
  • I rest my case.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 8:25 PM
  • Overcome what? What has hayti ever overcame? School improvement?

-- Posted by footballjunkie on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 10:21 PM
  • We overcome obstacles, that's what we do ,fine example is this call ,HAYTI has and will also have to beat the team and officials. But we r used to it. No biggie. We will go to Valle and spank that white *** black and blue wooooo

-- Posted by Manley Man on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 12:46 AM
  • Manley,

Despite your race baiting attempts, it's going to be an awfully long ride home after your @$$ whuppin next friday.

And it will be an @$$ whuppin.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 1:01 AM
  • And that's what we will never fix in this great country. Pure ignorance.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 7:28 AM
  • Manley as a malden and a bootheel football fan I was really hoping Hayti could go beat Valle but you single handedly have changed my mind with your accusations of racism and your own racism.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 9:43 AM
  • Kind of ironic that someone has made this about race because everyone I know who pays attention to high school football in this area and is not a Valle fan wants Hayti to knock them off...and all of those people are white.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 9:43 AM
  • I'm white and it's not about race so obvious u guys don't know me .We can talk smack and I can talk smack with the best. Woo .Get mad make it about what u want .I'm a well educated man and someone who calls me ignorant doesn't bother me cuz I know better. I mentioned white and u all get in an up roar. Now who's ignorant and racist. GO INDIANS. HAYTI STRONG

-- Posted by Manley Man on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 10:27 AM
  • Ramfanman I'm in the same boat! Would like to have seen hayti win it this year but people like him ruin those hopes! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say mr "Manley man" (wooooo) is the same dude that gave a very kind gesture (sarcasm) to the Malden stands when they took the lead against Malden! Not taking in consideration all the kids that seen the childish acts of a grown man and not even caring to act that way with kids around! Says a lot of his character! But then again, his choice of words and his statements on here do too as well! GO VALLE!!!!

-- Posted by Moose76 on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 12:38 PM
  • Well educated......I'm sure

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 1:20 PM
  • If these calls are never overturned then why have the appeal process? Just curious.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 3:24 PM
  • Well your limb broke cause I can tell u this against Malden I was way up top and not around fans. And that my friend was a great game.

-- Posted by Manley Man on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 3:44 PM
  • Manley your boys are in for a sound beating on Friday. Enjoy it.

-- Posted by Coachken on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 7:54 PM
  • Coach Ken Valle is a good football team leave it at that and let the young men play the game and leave it all on the field! Hayti will give Valle all they want but Calling a Valle win by a touchdown.

-- Posted by ealge97 on Sun, Oct 30, 2016, at 9:13 PM
  • We shall see Coach. As Corso says, closer than the experts think. Even without Moore , HAYTI still has play makers like MILLS,ROBINSON, FORD AND WINTERS. Along with great speed. So without MOORE they just tighten the game up that's all.

-- Posted by Manley Man on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 6:26 AM
  • Won't even be a close game. Valle wins big.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 7:36 AM
  • Manley man

Just be quiet man geesh......I love hayti cville pville s pem (thus the name southespn) now you say you well educated well act like it....Now I predicted hayti would beat Valle but without moore it will be a tough task...thats why we play the game though fellas..if hayti can make it through Valle's initial punch it will be a good one

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 8:44 AM
  • South Espn I agree. I arrest my case. Looking forward to it. Oh yeah forgot about play makers Hamilton and Cody. Thats a side note. Good Luck to all c u at the Game.

-- Posted by Manley Man on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 9:41 AM
  • "I arrest my case" Grammar was not part of the plan I guess

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 10:05 AM
  • Oops thanks Coach. It's the Arkansas St in me I guess.

-- Posted by Manley Man on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 10:25 AM
  • You can see this video on Max Preps. It's a vicious hit. Not sure what is illegal about it, but I'm no ref.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/hayti-indians-(hayti,mo)/football/videos.ht...

-- Posted by Fish on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 4:48 PM
  • That head ref owes Dayon Moore an apology. Cost him his last game

-- Posted by Sammy Langhorne on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 6:09 PM
  • Dayon Moore is out they lost the appeal but you are crazy to write Hayti off they got some many more weapons I still think Hayti can pull it off.

-- Posted by Football fan now on Mon, Oct 31, 2016, at 10:03 PM
  • That video will go in the training plays for targeting. No. Question. The DQ aspect is a judgement call. Players are aware that this is illegal and he has to be smarter. You may not like it but that is the game in this day and age.

-- Posted by semo_official on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 6:43 AM
  • SEMO_Official how is that targeting?????

Can that kid make the tackle?? Yes

Did Moore lead with his helmet?? No

Did Moore launch or leave his feet to make the block??? No

Is a guy running after the ball-carrier and is 2 yds away from the ball-carrier defenseless??? No

So basically if there is a hard hit it is targeting???

You officals can put this in a video as a textbook crackback....The worst part about it is that the officials got together to talk about this hit right after and knowing if this kid gets kicked out he was not going to play next week Vaughn still ejected him. He could have made his point by simply throwing the flag and letting moore know that he needs to be careful with those kind of hits.

No way should Moore miss the district championship game for that. Yes officals prolly have the toughest jobs but he/they flat out blew this one and cost a great kid his first and only opportunity to play in a district championship game the video proves it.

PERIOD

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 8:32 AM
  • Boogin aren't you a jefferson fan or something like that...

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 8:41 AM
  • Flip the script. If this discussion was about a Valle player being ejected for the exact same hit, you wouldn't be saying what you are now. Don't say you would because you wouldn't. I respect your defense of your team and I don't see it has a hit worthy of a suspension. Just a big time hit!

But without Moore, Valle wins. Valle can throw the football extremely well. Without Moore on the back end, Valle will light it up. Will Valle stop Hayti? I have no idea. If Hayti runs the same offense they did 7 or 8 years ago, spread offense with a bunch of jet sweeps, it'll be a long night for the Indians IMO. If they have a high powered throwing attack, then it'll be a shootout.

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 8:42 AM
  • As I said in my original post. This is NOT targeting but like semo official said, this is where the game has gone. Before long it won't be much different than soccer. This is one of the reasons why people aren't watching football any longer. Put flags around their waste and let's play powder puff.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 8:44 AM
  • Squeak

if a Valle kid who is a senior was not able to defend his 3 time defending district championship against a team that some say can beat them I would say the same thing....Now would I be this out-raged probably not but if its Valle's best player and hayti would easily win because he is gone I would be outraged because these are kids and this is football and that was just a hard hit.

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 8:55 AM
  • It will be a great game no doubt, with Hayti winning. And after seeing the hit in question the young man should not have been hit with the penalty. Valle caught a huge break, kind of makes you wonder tho.

-- Posted by 4REAL on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 8:56 AM
  • Hayti has as much chance vs Valle and Valle did vs Lamar. Valle just does not make mistakes. With or without this kid Hayti has very little chance.

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 9:26 AM
  • Great Hit , Bad Call . I got the text last night that we lost the appeal and was waiting for the official word . Very Sad . Now Hayti must focus on the game plan and execute it . Win one for Moore so he can play again which he deserves . Waiting on the spelling grade by coachken.

-- Posted by Manley Man on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 10:07 AM
  • With Moore, it would have been tough for Hayti to win. Without him, it will be even tougher. In all honesty I think Valle wins, it may not be going away but they will win. It does make a huge difference when Hayti already with a limited amount of bodies to play has to take a next level player off the field. That would ring true for any small school program especially at the Class 1 level.

With that being said, I would still put my money on Valle with Moore in the game, without Moore I would put even more money on them. Wagers?

-- Posted by AthleticProwl on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 10:13 AM
  • That was a bad call just a great hit I guess refs are not used to seeing that kind of lick on a high school player

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 10:29 AM
  • What kind of offense does Hayti run these days?

-- Posted by Squeak on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 10:33 AM
  • There base formation the the spread 5 wide

-- Posted by Football fan now on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 11:01 AM
  • http://www.hudl.com/profile/4025499/dayon-moore

The play in question is at the :55 mark. It looks like a clean hit to me. It is a hard deliberate hit but not targeting. It was shoulder led and the player was not defenseless.

-- Posted by CodeRed on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 12:15 PM
  • Of Course Valle is the favorite with or without Moore who says different??? They they are the standard in Class 1....but for people to say it doesn't matter hayti was going to get waxed anyway haven't seen hayti play

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 12:23 PM
  • We will miss Him for Sure , But we have many playmakers and rumor has it that Farr may be back . Umm

-- Posted by Manley Man on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 12:30 PM
  • Wonder if Mr. Offical is Mr. Vaughn who made the Call . JW Probably So !!!

-- Posted by Manley Man on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 1:25 PM
  • IMO the kid didn't see it coming,so he would be defenseless. Maybe i'm wrong.I hate to see Moore have to sit this game.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 3:48 PM

ill just say this and im done with the subject, tired of talking about it, tired of thinking about it...the ejection was complete bullshit, end of story. yes, by all means give him a personal foul, yes by all means tack on a 15 yard penalty, but you would think that a "playoff caliber" official would have the wherewithall to really think about the seriousness of the situation and make a "playoff caliber decision"....ejection? cmon man......and the appeal process through MSHSAA is a complete joke...why even call it an appeals process? just call it, "whatever the ref calls will stand process"... with all that said, the little old hayti indians gonna get on that bus friday, travel to valle, and play their hearts out for dayon, themselves, the coaches, and the whole town. several people dropped the ball on this one, you all know who you are.....

-- Posted by hayti123456 on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 4:08 PM
  • "it wont be overturned. mshsaa does not overturn judgement calls like this."

-- Posted by Kzar on Sat, Oct 29, 2016, at 7:28 PMReport comment

That was an easy call.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 5:11 PM
  • That is a terrible call. Scott City onsides the **** ball every time. So Hayti walked their guys up. Then they kick the ball deep. You can tell Moore was being lazy and loafing the play until he realized the play could stand a chance, then he points out the opening to his teammate to set up the block. Great play really.

Those of you who think this was a defenseless, you're idiots. How the hell is a player chasing the ball carrier defenseless(withing diving distance at that)????

THis was a terrible call that hurt this kid. Shame on our joke of a sports governing body.

-- Posted by Green & Blue on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 5:47 PM
  • Someone tell me last time mshsaa overturned any appeal? My niece was a big time softball player at Kelly and she was rooting hard for Portageville to win state last few years. When they lost on the "missed home plate out call from the outfield ump" somehow mshsaa came down on Portageville...hmm...

-- Posted by hawkeye1985 on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 6:10 PM
  • Oh and when I was in school the track (and/or x country teams??) went to state and had lodging accommodated by mshsaa. Now they don't pay that and I want to say I heard there are more dues now than ever......hmm

-- Posted by hawkeye1985 on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 6:11 PM
  • You people are idiots. There is no conspiracy theory. At worst it is a horrible judgement call.

-- Posted by footballjunkie on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 6:26 PM
  • I don't have a dog in the fight, here's my two cents:

1. The crew that officiated that game would have been my #1 choice to have officiating had I been able to choose. They're one of only two good and consistent crews in the bootheel.

2. I would like to see Hayti take down Valle.

3. I can see why said officials made the call.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 9:01 PM
  • hawkeye, MSHSAA has never paid for track or cross country teams lodging at the State Meet. At least since 1975. Dont know where you got the info. The targeting call and subsequent ejection was a tough call, but whatever side your on or opinion you have, the official has to make a snap unbiased judgement call and we should respect his ability to do so. Thats why the crew was on the game and what they are expected and paid to do. I hate it for the team and young man, but its part of the game.

-- Posted by semo ref on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 9:34 PM
  • Snap unbiased decision? I have witnessed a 60 min pause in play to come up with a decision 2 years ago in a Malden, Cville game. So there is no excuse for a ejection call on that hit from that film I have watched over and over! It's over and done If you don't think Hayti has a chance your in for a rude awakening. From a unbiased Cville fan! Should be a great game!

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 10:04 PM
  • Not trying to upset anyone but wasn't there a brawl after the play. Moore and a player from SC got ejected from the article I read.Were they ejected because of the altercation after the play? All I here is about the hit and nothing about after the play.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 9:22 AM
  • If he got ejected from that hit alone it is a shame. Looked like a good clean hit by a bigger football player. If there is more to the story than I could change my stance but I saw nothing ejection worthy from that clip.

-- Posted by Tim Riggins on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 9:42 AM
  • article link?

-- Posted by vallewillroll on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 10:27 AM
  • Moore was ejected from the Hit . Wilthong or Wilfong ,Scott City guy ,which ever it is was ejected from the altercation .

-- Posted by Manley Man on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 11:01 AM
  • I can promise you if the hit had occurred against a player of "either" of the two teams, they would have been screaming for an ejection!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Nov 2, 2016, at 12:13 PM
  • He needs to commit to SEMO.

-- Posted by arich35 on Sun, Dec 18, 2016, at 1:13 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: