Semoball

High School Football Forum: Confluence@PHC

Posted by cker23 on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 11:49 AM:

I know all about the Rebels and I see this is a pair of 3-0 teams matching up tonight. Anyone know anything about Confluence? I know nothing. I will be attending the game tonight but just kinda curious as what to expect.

Replies (15)

Confluence Prep is 3-0, and they may be a very good football team, but their opponents have a combined record of 2-6.

My gut feeling says Confluence gets their socks knocked off tonight at Central. Then again, I might just have gas. We will see.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 12:45 PM

Thanks!

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 12:52 PM
  • I read an article about them in the Post. They sounded like they might be an ok team but hasnt played any competition yet.They don't have a football field so the use whoever they can to practice.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 1:08 PM
  • Confluence finished 3 & 6 the last two years, 3 & 0 this year so far. As hs1025 says, things may be turning around. Didn't field a team in 2013?

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 1:50 PM
  • Typical team from their neighborhood. Lots of speed and athletes. Not much disclipline on either side of the ball. A few different plays out of a ton of formations. Try to get the ball to the edge. Coach would only trade one game film with PHC as opposed to the customary two. May regret that later on this evening. And then again, he may not.............. They have to come to Park Hills to play. Park Hills used to be called Flat River. Flat River had a "past" when it came to minorities and diversity..................

-- Posted by Brian J on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 2:13 PM
  • That's a little Racist now ain't it Brian? Do us a favor keep your opinions to yourself from now on! Or better yet in your "Neighborhood"

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 2:47 PM

Brian J, your blatant attempt to stir up hatred and discontent is disgusting.

Flat River died in the mid 90's....

You, sir, can go fly a kite.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 2:49 PM
  • Thank you! Couldn't of said it better

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 3:00 PM
  • Jesus Brian.

-- Posted by Shortbus on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 4:46 PM
  • My sincere apologies if my post was deemed racist or inappropriate. Not my intentions. I was merely replying to cker23's post based on what I know about confluence.

Regarding the other. My point, though not well made, is that Park Hills is a tough place to play. Look at their success at home since 2012 and I believe you'll find 2 regular season losses; one to Sullivan and one to Ste. Gen, both of occurring during the 2012 season. Based on their record, Park Hills has a distinct home field advantage. Confluence is a St. Louis team where most of their games are played in front of 150 to 200 people. They are coming to the "country", a place that is Taboo to most of them and are going to be playing in front of a minimum of 1000-1200 people who are loud and love high school football. That was the point I was attempting to make. If my previous comment was out of line, please feel free to have the mods remove it and me from this forum.

-- Posted by Brian J on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 8:53 PM
  • Nice try, but too late. Your post could hardly be taken any other way than as it was perceived.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Sep 9, 2016, at 10:12 PM

Park Hills beat Confluence Prep 43-6.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Sat, Sep 10, 2016, at 3:38 PM
  • That's no surprise Prep would lose to most teams JV around these parts! Get your Popcorn ready PHC it's SG week! I'm guessing that's why you guys schedule Homecoming this weekend? Just playing! Hey CFD I heard Bridges tore it up his last game? Congrats u know I've always been a fan of his!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Sat, Sep 10, 2016, at 4:55 PM

Nope. Not really a surprise at all. The fact that they were 3-0 coming into the game had many "uninformed," fans concerned that they were some kind of STL powerhouse.

I haven't heard a thing about Bridges, but the dude is a phenomenal athlete and I'm sure he is a highly valued asset to his team! He is really missed at Central, but we have a new batch of kids who have stepped up!

The SG game will be a dandy. It sounds like they have started to get things together. It won't be an easy W for either team.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Sat, Sep 10, 2016, at 11:34 PM
  • Thanks Bleed, Jake did get his shot last week to play. Came in with the team down 3 to 2 and brought them back for a 28 to 3 win. Had 2 rushing TD's and a 56 yard passing TD. Got his first start yesterday against #15 ranked Benedictine College and won 16 to 10 to go to 3 and 0 on the season. Jake has became the starter in a little over a month as a true freshman. I'm very proud of him.

-- Posted by Crazydog on Sun, Sep 11, 2016, at 9:50 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: