High School Football Forum: SLUH head football position

Posted by BobbyKite22 on Tue, Aug 23, 2016, at 4:24 PM:

Replies (4)

• The deal is he decided it was time to retire. SLUH has had two coaches in the last 50 years, Paul Martel and then Gary Kornfeld. Both coaches had productive careers there. I played college ball with Gary at SEMO and he is a fine coach and wonderful person.He just felt it was time to step away. Coaching is a profession that gets tougher all the time IMO especially with internet and social media experts who blast coaches and players publically. Good luck to him in his retirement.

-- Posted by semo ref on Tue, Aug 23, 2016, at 5:07 PM
  • The deal is he decided it was time to retire. SLUH has had two coaches in the last 50 years, Paul Martel and then Gary Kornfeld. Both coaches had productive careers there. I played college ball with Gary at SEMO and he is a fine coach and wonderful person.He just felt it was time to step away. Coaching is a profession that gets tougher all the time IMO especially with internet and social media experts who blast coaches and players publically. Good luck to him in his retirement.

-- Posted by semo ref on Tue, Aug 23, 2016, at 5:08 PM
  • Good luck in your retirement. Played football with Gary at SEMO great guy and did a fine job at SLUH.

-- Posted by rockin roy on Sun, Aug 28, 2016, at 11:02 AM
  • I thought they hired Former Ram Mike Jones this past week?

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, Mar 10, 2017, at 7:29 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: