Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: rematch bloomfield vs dexter 01/12/16 predictions

Posted by basketball_fan10 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 8:27 AM:

Predictions?

Replies (19)

• location?

-- Posted by rootingfortherefs on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 9:41 AM
  • The game will be played at Bloomfield.

-- Posted by volleballfan on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 9:48 AM
  • My gut still says Dexter, don't know why, I just think they could get it done. I bet it comes down to free throws late in the game again.

-- Posted by rootingfortherefs on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 9:54 AM
  • If Dexter plays as poorly as they did last night against Perryville, Bloomfield will win easily.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 9:57 AM
  • Dexter by 4.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 9:57 AM

Thoughts on Dexter and Woodland Friday?

-- Posted by cker23 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:06 AM
  • Dexter over Bloomfield

-- Posted by bluffguy697 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:17 AM

Woodland has Beel back at full strength also.

-- Posted by cker23 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:38 AM
  • Did Beel play last night against Richland?

-- Posted by DexterResident1976 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:40 AM

Limited mins. Started but played maybe 12 mins total. Had 8 points. It was his first game back so he was held back a little bit to prevent another injury. Long was Woodland's leading scorer last night with 19 points 9 rebounds. 6'6 Jr. McCormick had 12.

-- Posted by cker23 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 10:56 AM
  • I think if Bloomfield presses and runs the floor like they usually do they should win by double digits. They will also have to use there bench. They did neither last time against Dexter.

-- Posted by basketball_fan10 on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 11:08 AM
  • Bloomfield allowed Dexter to dictate the temp way too much in the last game. They need to play much quicker both on defense and offense. They need to press full court more and play their half court trap more. Then get the ball up the floor quicker and move it quicker in the half court offense. That's what they did at Advance and what they do when they play well. They need good ball movement to get open shots. They shoot pretty well when they do that. If they do those things they should win the rematch. If not Dexter can win again.

-- Posted by oldroundballer on Wed, Jan 6, 2016, at 11:47 AM
  • I believe Bloomfield will make a statement like Woodland did.

-- Posted by basketball_fan10 on Sun, Jan 10, 2016, at 10:29 AM
  • Woodland is really really good.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 10, 2016, at 12:56 PM

If Dexter can stop Vandiver, they win again.

-- Posted by hookshot62 on Mon, Jan 11, 2016, at 11:29 AM

Dexter wins by 17 over Bloomfield, 48-31.

-- Posted by katstats on Tue, Jan 12, 2016, at 9:35 PM
  • anyone present... what was the verdict, did they stop Vandiver or did they just beat their socks off?

-- Posted by zebra.stripe on Thu, Jan 14, 2016, at 8:33 AM
  • They held vandiver to 11. Can't believe a post man as good as he is spends 75% of his time rambling around the 3 point line jacking up 3's.

-- Posted by courtobserver on Thu, Jan 14, 2016, at 8:44 AM
  • Bloomfield didn't do any of the things I mentioned above. They seem to have a mental block when it comes to Dexter. Players and coaches both seem scared and play not to lose rather than to win.

Not sure who you're watching but I didn't see Vandiver spending 3/4 of the game at the 3 point line. Some of their offensive sets have all players moving in and out but they nor he is specifically looking for him to shoot the 3. He'll take an open one and has made several throughout the year. But he doesn't just stay out there all time. The vast majority of his career 1000 points have come inside the line.

Dexter has simply outplayed and outcoached them both games. Something no other team has been able to do yet this year. But the next few games could change that if they don't bring their A game each night.

-- Posted by oldroundballer on Thu, Jan 14, 2016, at 9:42 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: