2. Grandview-Hillsboro

3. Zalma

4. St. Vincent

5. Jefferson R-7

6. Marquand-Zion

7. Kingston

8. Valley Caledonia

Replies (20)

Are these the actual seeds? Zalma for the Championship!!!

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 3:10 PM
  • Yes, cker23, those are the actual seeds. Here's the bracket: http://www.semoball.com/bracket/1920.

-- Posted by The Legend on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 7:23 PM
  • You seem pretty confident in the Zalma team. Are they that strong?

-- Posted by lhs06 on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 8:05 PM
  • I think cker23, a Woodland fan, just roots for all Bollinger County schools :) nothing wrong with that.

-- Posted by The Legend on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 8:17 PM

Haha Zalma is a pretty decent ball squad. I know nothing about Valle or Grandview this year but go Bulldogs!

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 10:42 PM
  • Grandview is currently 4-1. They were seeded first in the Valley (Caledonia) Holiday Tournament where they were upset in the semifinals by fourth-seeded Bismarck 76-71 to sustain their only loss, so far. Bismarck went on to lose to second-seeded Greenville 79-47 for the tournament championship; Zalma defeated Greenville last week 79-64.

Valle Catholic is currently 2-3. They were seeded third in the Fountain City Classic at DeSoto and ended up getting third place; they lost to second-seeded crosstown nemesis Ste. Genevieve 56-48 in the semifinals and then eked out a win over fifth-seeded St. Pius X 62-59 for third place. Since then they have lost to Perryville and Ste. Genevieve in regular season games.

Hope this gives you a little perspective on those two teams, cker23.

-- Posted by The Legend on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 12:42 AM

According to The Legend it sounds like Zalma should be # 1. The championship game should be Zalma by at least 15!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 5:41 AM
  • You can't read much into what teams do against other teams it just matters when they play the games.

-- Posted by lhs06 on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 9:57 AM
  • It looks like to me that Valle had a difficult early schedule. They played for the State Football championship on Sat Nov. 28th. Their entire boys varsity team all played in that game. Then they had 1 practice and played and beat class 5 Fox in the first round of the DeSoto Tournament. Then they lost to class 4 Ste. Gen. after leading most of the game. Then game back on Sat with only 7 kids, 4 out with injuries and sickness and beat decent class 3 St. Pius team for third place. They did then get hammered by the unbeaten Perryville team.They followed that up with a 3pt loss at Ste. Gen. last Friday. So when you look at their schedule they have played 3 games against class 4 teams, 1 game against a class 5 team and 1 game against a class 3 team. So they have not yet played anyone down at their level. Thats got to be difficult but I would believe helpful to them as the season goes on. I know they play a pretty darn good class 3 West County on the road tonight. I did see where West County put up 92 on Ste. Gen. so I believe they are running into a buzz saw at WC but again all those games against strong competition will be helpful down the road towards districts. I did here their coach say they were improving slowly but their goal was to be strong by the time Districts rolled around. They will need to be strong with Ellington in their District. I am sure Ellington would love a rematch with them after last years District championship game.

-- Posted by Bearcat Fan on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 10:41 AM
  • I saw Valle almost upset West County last night. WC have to come from behind in the 4th to win 59-57.

-- Posted by Bearcat Fan on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 12:34 PM
  • Who all has west county beaten so far this year?

-- Posted by lhs06 on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 1:05 PM
  • I know they got second in the AV tournament only losing to Ellington by 6 in the final. They beat Ste. Gen. last Saturday 92-77. I believe they beat Potosi also, but you might want to check me on that one.

-- Posted by Bearcat Fan on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 1:37 PM

West County has beat Freddy, AV, Valle, Potosi, Ste. Gen and have lost to Ellington, Liberty and Hillsboro.

-- Posted by cker23 on Wed, Dec 16, 2015, at 1:58 PM
  • Grandview 62

Zalma 44

Valle 56

St. Vincent 51

-- Posted by country-dude on Tue, Dec 29, 2015, at 11:50 PM
  • Was that Valley or Valle that beat St. Vincent? Valley - 8th seed and Valle - 1st seed.

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 12:10 AM
  • Just found answer to my question - Valle Catholic over St. Vincent.

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 12:18 AM
  • I heard the Zalma's best player quit the team. Does anyone know if this is true and the story on it?

-- Posted by bunthimover on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 12:31 PM
  • Yes it is true, not sure why though.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Wed, Dec 30, 2015, at 3:01 PM
  • I saw that Valle Catholic won the tournament with a 81-65 win over Grandview. So the coaches knew what they were doing with seeding Valle #1.

-- Posted by Bearcat Fan on Fri, Jan 1, 2016, at 4:12 PM
  • If I'm not mistaking, I think the seeds were exactly the ways things turned out...maybe coaches do know more about the game than MANY fans do.

-- Posted by ToeTheLine on Fri, Jan 1, 2016, at 6:15 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: