Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Semo Area Top Ten.?

Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Sat, Dec 12, 2015, at 9:12 PM:

1.)Sikeston

2.)Bluff

3.)Kennett

4.)Cape

5.)Charleston

6.)Advance

7.)Scott Central

8.) Jackson

9.)NMCC

10.)Notre Dame

This is just my opinion... Wats you guys opinion wanna see who everyone else sees the area at this point??

Replies (30)

• Charleston should be 2nd

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Dec 12, 2015, at 9:27 PM

I would say..

1. Sikeston

2. Charleston

3. Bluff

4. Kennett

5. Cape

6. Jackson

7. NMCC

8. Notre Dame

9. Advance

10. SCC

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Dec 12, 2015, at 10:09 PM
  • I believe bluff is a better team then Charleston. Bluff will beto much in the post I think it will be a good game but bluff will win because Charleston doesn't have any post play.

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Sat, Dec 12, 2015, at 10:54 PM
  • Hard to argue with your top 10 Mr Nice. I agree with your assessment on Bluff; however, even though Cape lost to Bluff at Semo conference tourney, Cape is the better team. Bluff beat Cape without Al. That does matter in my opinion. Also, ND didn't have a great showing at the tourney but they did beat CTown a week ago at CTown. Just food for thought.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Sat, Dec 12, 2015, at 11:20 PM

Didn't have a great showing, yet played Sikeston closer than anyone. Also, they beat Charleston at ND, not Charleston.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Sat, Dec 12, 2015, at 11:33 PM
  • Looks like most agree with 1-5. Is Sikeston head and shoulders above the rest? Just curious and realize he's a sophomore, but any early indications on Fred Hatch recruitment?

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 9:41 AM
  • I think Rick Ray at SEMO is looking at him.

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 11:10 AM
  • Bogey it's tough to argue that Sikeston isn't head and shoulders above the rest; however, they have not played Cape. Cape lost to PB without Al Young. I believe Cape would've won the game against PB and we all could've seen the Cape vs Sikeston showdown. Young is tough to beat, no doubt about that. The next few weeks for Sikeston will tell a lot. Green County Tech then the St Dominic Tourney. Cape has the Christmas tourney at Semo. I believe they should be the favorites now.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 11:15 AM
  • I heard Mizzou was at one time. I heard there was a scout there the other night when him and Leech squared off. But idk who they were actually watching.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 11:16 AM
  • There isn't a team in semo area that can beat sikeston at this point and it's really scary because they have room for improvement on sum fundamental stuff and a few other things but they are only going to get better and more confident ready to see them young gunners play again...

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 12:09 PM
  • Mr Nice....we will see. CoachJP thinks Vashon is gonna beat them. Kind of hard to see that right now but I think he might be right. Vashon is tough and Sikeston needs to be challenged right now to be able to play an opponent like them. Cape will be there at the end. ND will find a way with their young players to get better and better. That's the Nd way.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 1:39 PM
  • It's way early but Vashon will have to handle pressure much better to beat Sikeston should they play.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 2:43 PM
  • I know people say summer ball doesn't count but we beat Vashon at Rib City by 3 and it's the same people on the team

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 3:55 PM
  • I'm not saying sikeston can beat everyone by blowouts but I know a couple of ppl that went to the riverband and they say vashon is good but they aren't on a different level like everyone thinks. NMCC had Vashon on the ropes and could of pulled it out in the fourth quarter. It's going to be interesting to see if they both make it to play each other. If they was to meet when would it be?

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 6:54 PM
  • If is the key. Sikeston has to make it out of, arguably the toughest district in the state...I think it would be sectionals but I'm not sure.

Loking down the road, is It back at mineral area and Farmington again this year?

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 7:12 PM

State......

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 7:20 PM
  • Sikeston and Vashon would hypothetically meet in the Final Four.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 7:21 PM
  • Thanks rocketsbro. Was Vashon's loss after this latest poll? Wondering where Sikeston will end up after his week

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 7:29 PM
  • Vashon's loss was on 12/4 to Class 5 #5 Hazelwood Central by 2 points. I believe it was before the poll came out.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 7:39 PM
  • Sikeston and Vashon can only meet if they make it to the championship game.

-- Posted by SHS59 on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 9:19 PM
  • So how far do y'all guys think sikeston can go??

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 10:22 PM

All the way.

-- Posted by cker23 on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 10:23 PM
  • I see them going all the way myself and in my opinion they be ten times better by the time state and districts come..

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Sun, Dec 13, 2015, at 10:29 PM

I think that Sikeston, Bloomfield, Advance & S.C.C. have the best chances of making a deep playoff run to Columbia...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 6:58 AM
  • I agree with your assesment Straight...my only thought is Cape. I understand they lost to PB but that was without Al. I know this Sikeston team is special but district 1 is known for being one of the toughest districts in the state. I don't see it being a cake walk but I do like Sikeston's chances.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 8:33 AM
  • Redsandguy...I agree with you. District 1 is TOUGH! The Dogs have the upper hand, but I'm confident it will be a battle. At least the district tourney is in Sikeston instead of Cape. All of that orange gives me a headache. Ha!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 9:07 AM
  • District 1 always get tough in February! I expect Sikeston, Cape, Kennett, and ND to have very good teams by that time.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 9:18 AM
  • Wayyyyyy too early to be handin out district hardware, the dawgz have certainly sprinted out to the head of the pack but the seasons like a marathon and we're only a few miles into it. Kinda poetic, eh?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Dec 14, 2015, at 10:45 AM

Bogey,

Thatch was one of 5 in-state sophomores-to-be who picked up Mizzou offers last summer. Tulsa has also offered him according to Rivals.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 2:27 PM
  • ND pulled off an "upset" tonight in some peoples eyes.

And even though sikestons pulled off the huge win I was a tad bit disappointed in the free throw shooting and I believe I counted 7 or 8 in a row missed and 3 in one trio to the charity stripe. Just little stuff to improve on before it becomes a lingering problem down the road.

Sikestons team seems to have a good mix of leaders and roleplayers and sixth men and those guys that come in and bring an offensive or defensive spark. They are definitely unselfish with the ball.

Dyes has been absolutely on fire to start this season and his leadership even when he is on the bench speaks volumes.

And Fred is warming up, have a feeling he is about to go on a tear.

Should be a good matchup at the dawg pound Friday. Its always a tough place to play and with it being a strong rivalry you never know.

But I feel if Sikeston can force the turnovers like the last meeting and just cut down on that big guy getting the easy lay ups then I think they'll be fine.

Definitely way to early to be predicting a dc yet for any team, im interested in seeing which teams heat up towards the end of the season and if any teams start losing the steam in their sails.

-- Posted by superunbiased on Tue, Dec 15, 2015, at 11:54 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: