Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Dexter Girls BB

Posted by cardinalnation on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 1:56 PM:

Sounds like Dexter opened some eyes in St Louis. Looks like a fun year for these young ladies. Can anyone in SEMO challenge them?

Replies (13)

• I had the pleasure of watching dexter play St. Josephs Academy this weekend. Lady Bearcats put up a dog fight. Garrison didn't play much at all due to foul trouble, McKuin fouled out as well, and Cheyenne Mosby left game due to a concussion and they still managed to only lose by 4. Dexter was only 8/23 from the free throw strike so free throws could have easily won them the ball game.

Everyone keep on eye on Chaylea Mosbey from dexter this season, shes only a freshman and in my opinion she was the best ball player on the court from both teams. She can shoot lights out.

-- Posted by impax21 on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 3:24 PM
  • But yet you forget to mention Dakota Reynolds who had 22 points and team high 9 steals and 6 assists.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 3:41 PM
  • So can anyone beat them in SEMO?

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 7:05 PM
  • Anyone can be beaten on any night you should know that. They say Saxony and Sikeston are good other than those 2 I really haven't heard much about girls

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 7:24 PM

Saxony has a couple injured players right now who are returning starters and yes I'm well aware that Thurman for Dexter is out also. It would still be a very interesting game to watch!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 8:19 PM
  • Yes Dakota can play as well. I wasn't trying to discredit her. I think it was more due to the fact I wasn't expecting a freshman to play at the level she did during her first career high school game.

-- Posted by impax21 on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 10:03 PM
  • Well I'm sure I will get destroyed for this heresy, but didn't St. Joe beat Dexter??? And didn't Jackson beat St Joe?? So doesn't that kind of address any teams from SEMO beating the lady cats? We will find out tomorrow I suppose.

-- Posted by Clever User Name on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 10:23 PM
  • Jackson beat St. James, not St. Joe

-- Posted by impax21 on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 10:36 PM
  • Yep, you are correct. My bad on that one, sorry.

-- Posted by Clever User Name on Sun, Nov 29, 2015, at 11:46 PM
  • How is Park Hills Central this year? I think I saw on their roster that the Skaggs girl was not listed. I know she didn't play volleyball because she was said to have wanted to be concentrating more on basketball. They beat St. Charles 67-60 in the St. James Shootout on Saturday as well.

-- Posted by The Legend on Mon, Nov 30, 2015, at 12:02 AM
  • Skaggs moved to North County. Guess you had not heard.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Thu, Dec 3, 2015, at 12:53 AM
  • Skaggs moved to the North County school dist. but she is still playing for PH central. Talked to her personally.

-- Posted by courtobserver on Fri, Dec 4, 2015, at 3:40 PM
  • Uh oh..... here we go again!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Dec 4, 2015, at 6:28 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: