Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: NMCC's Josh Minner

Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 7, 2015, at 8:27 AM:

I wanted to give a good luck shout out to former NMCC basketball star Josh Minner as he heads to Brazil today to try and further his professional playing career in South America. So prayers for you Josh on safe travels and good luck!

Replies (12)

• Good luck to Josh, he is a good player and a good kid. Buck when you find out give us the names of the teams playing in the River Bend Shoot out.

-- Posted by jayrod on Wed, Oct 7, 2015, at 8:38 AM
  • Hey, Buck what has Josh been doing?

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Oct 7, 2015, at 8:59 AM

Will do jayrod.

Hey bigelw Josh has been playing in the Central Basketball Association minor league system for the Springfield Sentinels where he led the team in point and steals. CBA works with agents and other pro organizations around the world to secure contracts for their players. They have a newly developed CBA Brazil league which has like 20 teams, and this fall and winter they are sending their best players to go play in that league and try and earn contracts there. They also try and secure contracts in several other countries, Josh just happens to be going to the Brazil league.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 7, 2015, at 9:25 AM
  • Very cool!

Good Luck Josh!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Oct 7, 2015, at 9:28 AM
  • I wish him luck, hope it works out for him.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Oct 7, 2015, at 10:25 AM
  • Any update on Josh. Such a cool story of getting to see the world by playing hoops! Hope its going well!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 6:54 PM
  • Also I dont really know anything about his time at NMCC. Can someone tell us about his time there?

Buck??

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 7:09 PM

I haven't heard any updates, just seen a few pictures. But I'll see if I can find out something!

A little about Josh. Josh graduated in 2009. Played on NMCC's district championship team in 2008, defeating rival Portageville. Here is a link to that article about the game. http://www.semoball.com/story/1315560.html. Josh is the tall guy next to the plague in the picture. Josh was the best dunker to ever come through NMCC in my opinion. Kony may have dunked harder, but Josh's were always the prettiest. I remember one game in 2009 Josh and Kony had a combined 13 dunks against Jackson (sorry IP haha). So Josh also played with other NMCC collegiate athletes Kony Ealy and Dontre Jenkins (who now coaches at NMCC). Lost the district championship in 2009 to charleston on a buzzer beater with .6 seconds left.

Josh then went to Mineral Area and played a couple years there. After MAC, he went and played at Mid-American Christian University in Oklahoma City, OK. That was at a time when James Harden played for the Thunder, and one of Josh's teammates lived with Harden. So he got to hang out and play with Harden quite a bit. Then when he graduated from MACU he pursued the teams I mentioned above.

Josh's brother Darrell played on NMCC's state championship teams in the early 2000's and played professionally in Germany.

The thing about Josh is he is an even better person than basketball player. I wish him all the luck!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:28 PM
  • Thanks Buck! Great story and great info(other than the Jackson thing. Haha!!)

Appreciate you as always! And again wishing him the best of luck!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:43 PM

Josh is back in Brazil. He was one of two players selected to join the new CBA Brazil league. This is Josh's first overseas professional contract. Congrats Josh and prayers for safe travels throughout Brazil!

http://www.playcba.com/news_article/show/621826?referrer_id=776649

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 4:53 PM
  • Very cool Buck!! What a great life experience!!

Awesome to hear of another area kid having success like that!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, at 7:54 PM
  • Awesome story. Thanks for sharing

-- Posted by semoballer1 on Wed, Mar 16, 2016, at 10:04 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: