2. Woodland

3. Dexter

4. Advance

5. Bloomfield

6. Puxico

7. Bell City

8. Richland

Replies (47)

• I figured since the seeds were out, we could start another thread. I was tired of scrolling.

-- Posted by The Deuce on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 11:45 AM
  • I think any of the top six could win it. Bloomfield is really tough at home but I think Woodland will win it all.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 3:07 PM
  • I would say any of the top 7 could win their first round matchup if Bell City was playing anyone but Woodland. Woodland is a tough matchup for BC with all their size. It showed at Cape earlier this year.

-- Posted by The Deuce on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 3:42 PM
  • I agree Deuce. I think BC is still a year away from being competitive every game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 3:48 PM
  • Yea Bell City should have an excellent next two years. My favorite is still Bernie. I have a good feeling that their defense will be top notch!

-- Posted by Sydney Crosby on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 4:15 PM

Wil be exciting. Woodland plays bell city this coming up Tuesday also. Already met them in them SMCT and won 66-36.After, its all done with, woodland and BC will have met three times this season.

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 4:15 PM
  • Is it in Bloomfield?

-- Posted by sportzfan on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 4:57 PM

Yes sir. This year it's in Bloomfield.

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 5:34 PM
  • Should be an exciting tournament. Any team can get hot and win it all.

-- Posted by ball guy on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 5:59 PM

Yes sir. You are right.I'm happy it's a Bloomfield haha. They have the best food as far as hospitality rooms go!

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 6:02 PM
  • Puxico plays Dexter Tuesday at Dexter, should be interesting.

-- Posted by ball guy on Sat, Jan 17, 2015, at 6:08 PM

The tournament starts Jan. 26-30th

-- Posted by cker23 on Sun, Jan 18, 2015, at 6:44 PM

Gotta love SCAA basketball!

-- Posted by cker23 on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 9:10 PM
  • Has Dexter and Woodland played since Dexter got their 2 players back?

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 8:31 AM

Always one of my favorite tournaments. Some evenly matched teams as well. Great atmosphere. The age of Bloomfield's gym takes me back to how basketball was back in the day.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 9:14 AM
  • Woodland over Bernie in Championship

Advance over Dexter in 3rd place game.

Since im never right, I probably just jinxed Woodland .

-- Posted by Hightops on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 9:58 AM
  • What about a Dexter/Bloomfield final? Dexter is rolling and Bloomfield will have the advantage of playing at home.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 10:03 AM
  • I wouldnt be surprised if Dexter does make it, they seem to be playing pretty good defense lately. But Bloomfield is way too inconsistent, I dont think they will get past Advance in the first round. But like has been said on h ere before, it depends on who shows up that night.

-- Posted by Hightops on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 10:07 AM
  • BBFanatic, if memory serves, both Dexter and Woodland were at full strength when they played a couple of weeks ago. One difference if they meet again would be Dexter's Ethan Flowers, who has really gotten into the offensive flow lately after returning from injury.

Bloomfield is a different animal playing at home, so you can never count them out.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 10:36 AM
  • I predict a Bernie/Dexter final. Thanks PMF

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 10:48 AM
  • Yes, Woodland rolled Dexter by 20 at Dexter with all of their players.

-- Posted by AllStateBasketWeaver on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 11:23 AM

Bloomfield will have home field advantage. Ironically, they will play from the visitor's bench (if I'm reading the brackets correctly) which just might get in their heads a little. Dexter has been playing well, The key to their success is not "one player" it's their guards as a whole shooting the ball well. All 4 guards have been scoring double digits as of late. They have played well defensively. #22 has taken 15 "called" charges so far this year and #5 played Ellenburg about as good as you could have asked Friday night.

-- Posted by hookshot62 on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 11:24 AM

Typically the host school will sit on their normal bench regardless of the seeds. Usually they will wear their road uniforms and be the visitor on the scoreboard, though, which is a nightmare for the clock keeper!

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 1:49 PM

Woodland plays Bloomfield at home tomorrow. What other scaa games is going on?

-- Posted by cker23 on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 1:51 PM
  • Bernie is at Puxico

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 1:52 PM
  • I say Bernie wins varsity over woodland, and Dexter wins JV over Bloomfield

-- Posted by semolian on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 4:37 PM
  • Hookshot,

I was at the Bernie vs Dexter game sitting on stage right behind the basket. #5 did play Ellenburg well. However, there where numerous fouls in the post that occurred against Mr. Ellenburg by #5 that where not called. They were blanted and where clearly visible in front of everyone seated on stage. If they had been called as the official is supposed to. Number 5 fouls out in the first quarter. I wouldn't count on that happening again.

-- Posted by Mike Cox on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 6:08 PM
  • -- Posted by Best Buddies on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 6:08 PM

Do you need any cheese with that whine?

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 6:43 PM
  • No best buddies, bernie got beat because Dexter played better.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 6:54 PM
  • 2 things caused the Dexter win and I was also on front row of the stage. Sparks fouled out to which Bernie was winning until that point and Dexter played very well. Its hard for me to say that being a Bernie Mules, lol

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Fri, Jan 23, 2015, at 9:30 AM

Woodland squares off against Bloomfield at woodland high school tonight. It's homecoming for Woodland so not only will you get to see two SCAA teams go at it, you also get to see the 1994-95 Woodland Cardinals Class 2A State Vollyball Championship team get recognized. Should be a good atmosphere at woodland tonight.

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Jan 23, 2015, at 11:35 AM
  • I look for Woodland to win the tournament. They have a team with excellent depth, highth with talent, and the best guard in the tournament in Reynolds. What's not to like about Reynolds and Beel. Along with the rest of the team.

-- Posted by Mike Cox on Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 12:18 PM
  • If my earlier post was misunderstood. Dexter did player a better game than Bernie. I also thought their physical play was key.

-- Posted by Mike Cox on Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 12:20 PM

It's going to be a great tournament. Can't wait to see what happens. Reynolds has been on.fire as of late. Beel has.been consistent all year, scoring double figures in all but I think one, maybe 2 games averaging just under 20 ppg. Michael McCormick a 6'5 sophomore leads the team averaging 4.5 blocks per game. Reynolds is averaging about 23 ppg. That's through 18 games. Cardinals shooting lights out from behind the arc as well. I hope they keep it up!!

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 2:14 PM
  • Careful with all the Woodland hype, Yeager's gonna have a stroke! Lol. I hope Woodland plays well but you gotta respect Bernie. They are the favorite having a win over the Cards earlier in the year.

-- Posted by woodland alumni 1979 on Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 5:42 PM
  • Woodland has to get by Bell City first. You can't over look anyone.

-- Posted by Sydney Crosby on Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 5:45 PM

This is true. Haha It's all in.good.fun with Yaeger haha. I would love another Bernie-Woodland match up. Definitely can't over look any one. If 2 teams know more about each other it would be Bell City and Woodland. This will be the third matchup of the year!

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 6:47 PM
  • I was at Woodland-Bloomfield myself and I thought it was a pretty good game. Bloomfield always puts out a scrappy team stayed close all night, Woodland just couldnt get a breakaway lead all game. I think the final score was biggest lead might have got up to 15 but not much more.Tourney should be a good one.

-- Posted by Semoball68 on Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 6:52 PM

The largest lead was in fact 15 points. Was a very good game. Garrett Reynolds and Woodland free throws is what got the largest lead.

-- Posted by cker23 on Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 7:02 PM
  • Agreed. After seeing Bloomfield play Fri. Top 6 teams could each win it all. Cker just a shout out to say THANKS for broadcasting the games. I know it is not easy and you do it without pay. Lots of Mom's and Grandparents listen. By the way picked up game in Paducah Ky. Scratchy but could understand.

-- Posted by woodland alumni 1979 on Sat, Jan 24, 2015, at 9:24 PM

Hey! I appreciate that! Thanksfor listening! And really Paducah? Wow that's a long ways! We have a good coverage area then! And yeah some games get pretty dang tough to do haha. Numbers were messed up on the last games program so I did a lot of erasing and rewriting on my stat sheet haha.

-- Posted by cker23 on Sun, Jan 25, 2015, at 11:11 AM

Dexter-Puxico and Bernie-Richland tips tonight. I won't be able to make it down tonight. Shout out from Chuck and Cj with 104.1 to our good friends from 102.3 down there in Dexter. Some of the nicest folks down there in Dexter. Nice fans down there too. I personally met Preach down there. We will be tuning in tonight to hear the call of the Dexter game! Does anyone know if any station will be covering the Bernie game as well??

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 9:57 AM
  • cuker24 just whill u be at the game night Bucko? thanking bout go myself bub. i think dexter and poxuxco game will be good. whot bout bnernie and riceland tonite?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 10:02 AM

Bearcat, lol cuker24! Lol I'm dying right now hahaha! No unfortunately I won't be there tonight. Kinda stinks but family comes first. I think Dexter and Puxico will be one of the 2 closest first round games. The other one being Advance and Bloomfield tomorrow. I honestly think the Bernie game will be closer than what people are thinking but I'd say Bernie still wins by 12 plus points. Richland for being as young as they are isn't a bad team at all. As they get older, they will improve. I will be at the tournament tomorrow broadcasting the woodland game and catching the advance-Bloomfield game as well game as well. Teams 1-5 is very dangerous so we will see what happens.

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 10:19 AM
  • i ses whot u are sayin cuker23. i be ther nite mite even go to see hoslnspolality room Bucko. they haves poopcorn and sosda in there bub? i wil p;rolly be hungary by the n bub.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 11:38 AM

Lol who knows haha. Bearcat you love your popcorn and soda don't ya haha! Well, iF your down at the games tomorrow, don't be a stranger to us at the KMHM radio table!

-- Posted by cker23 on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 12:01 PM
  • Sorry Bearcat1forall, soda but not popcorn in the hospitality room. But I tell you what, I will be there tonight too, so if we meet, I will buy you some popcorn and soda myself Bucko!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 12:56 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: