High School Basketball Forum: Nmcc boys basketball

Posted by Rooting for the kids on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 4:32 PM:

I was watching the games at ND against NMCC,and jv had a big kid on their team who played a great game I thought, and then watched the varsity game and for the life of me I cant figure out why the kid wasnt playing for them. Can somebody tell me why they could use a kid like him. Even if he doesnt score it looked like to me they need the rebounding he would provide. Dont know the team but he looked bigger than anybody else on the team and rebounded very well my son said he was solid, just wondering why.

Replies (21)

• Why not ask Coach Travis Day?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 4:37 PM
  • Here fishy, fishy ??

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 4:50 PM
  • I never understand why outsiders believe they know more than the coach with regard to his/her team's personnel!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 4:51 PM
  • Dont know Travis, im from cape area. Just looked like they need help rebounding and he bigbody kid.

-- Posted by Rooting for the kids on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 4:54 PM
  • Semo---you're assuming rooting is an outsider. My bet is not!!

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 4:54 PM
  • I thought this was a site to express opinions and get opinions didnt know u had to know more than the coach semo, thanks ill know better nxt time

-- Posted by Rooting for the kids on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 4:59 PM
  • Bullet I just moved here from alabama and work for proc and gamble so I guess im an outsider being new to the area.

-- Posted by Rooting for the kids on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 5:02 PM
  • Checkmate semo! I was at the game. Very few fans there. I doubt any ND fan gives a rats a@$ about some big kid that played n the JV game. Roots-- It is an opinion site but honesty is always best. Just say ur an NMCC fan that wants to know why he didn't play.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 5:05 PM
  • Not an nmcc fan, just a basketball fan. Somebody who looks at a body of work a team has and wonders why, not only from ND but surrounding area's. I dont root for a single team, but I do root for good play no matter what team its all about the kids.

-- Posted by Rooting for the kids on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 5:12 PM
  • Rooting, I assumed you were from New Madrid. Travis Day is the head coach there. I've always found it to be better to just go to the source with such questions and politely ask the coach. In my experience, most of them will be nice enough to talk to you and answer your questions.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 5:13 PM
  • One has to admire the work Travis Day has done at NMCC.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 5:28 PM
  • Preach I don't know any teams from the area, just got here bout a month now and a guy I work with introduced me to this site, ive been to a couple games now ND and sikeston, and ND and NMCC thats it. Thought somebody would know, thx anyways.

-- Posted by Rooting for the kids on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 5:28 PM
  • BuckMajor is SemoBall's resident NMCC expert Rooting. When he sees your thread, I'm sure he'll log on and answer your questions.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 6:07 PM

Hey guys I just seen this, been out of town on business. Rooting I'm not real sure who you are talking about, because there a two pretty big guys on JV. One is Larry Macintosh Sophomore and he is more of a big body rebounder. The other is Grayson York, a junior, and is a about 6'4-5. I'm assuming it was probably him you were talking about, but both are really good rebounder and both are probably bigger than anyone on varsity. I think York may have had an issue where he didnt have enough practices. That probably put him on JV. I have wondered the same thing though. I would assume that one or both will probably be on varsity by the end of the year. Maybe need a little bit of polishing on the offensive in. Both can have big games though and are good players!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 8:33 PM
  • Dont know for sure which kid buckmajor, im was just commenting on his size, and toughness my son said he took an elbow to face and he bounced back I didnt arrive till after but our boys commented on how well he played, as well as the whole team. He said it was the first team they played this yr when every kid said good game. Sportmanship goes along way recognized sometimes when think no ones watching.

-- Posted by Rooting for the kids on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 9:42 PM

Yes I hope to see them on varsity soon. It would be nice to have some added rebounding, and make the bench a little deeper. Glad to hear it on the sportsmanship thing! It is something that is under appreciated in my opinion. Coach Day runs a tight ship, and not only that, this Sophomore and Junior class is very respectful. They have all been playing together since little league, even during the summer, and they are all great friends. They have been one of my favorite groups of boys to watch over the years. So I am glad to hear they demonstrated good sportsmanship, but it doesn't surprise me!

On another note I think NMCC showed that they can play with some of the best in the area. I don't think they had the best game and played ND to 6 points, who just beat Charleston and Sikeston. Really shows how open the SEMO Conference is this year. Can't wait for that Sikeston - ND rematch

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 11:16 PM
  • Absolutely, thx buckmajor and y'all have a great season will look foward to seeing y'all play

-- Posted by Rooting for the kids on Wed, Dec 18, 2013, at 11:45 PM
  • Go eagles (semo conference) rules

-- Posted by Big Muddy on Thu, Dec 19, 2013, at 1:34 AM
  • EAGLES ARE TOUGH...

-- Posted by DR.BBALL on Thu, Dec 19, 2013, at 9:51 AM
  • Rooting, if you just moved here a month ago from Alabama how is it that your son is playing for ND? You say your a casual fan then your son plays. I'm confused. This seems fishy to me.

-- Posted by BIG G on Sat, Dec 21, 2013, at 2:27 PM

Probably an NMCC fan. But on another note Drew Pikey is also a big guy on NMCC's JV who is having a good year and had a good game last night. He is a sophomore. I like the future of the program.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Dec 21, 2013, at 3:42 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: