Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: UNOFFICIAL SMALL SCHOOLS TOP 10 - Preseason Poll

Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Nov 10, 2013, at 11:25 PM:

As another basketball season nears us, I see more and more people jumping on the basketball bandwagon as football season for most has came to an end. I figured with the season less than a month away, it would be a great time to do my first preseason poll. This is the toughest of all the polls to do so feel free to give me your opinion.

1. Oran (Last season record: 21-4) - The Eagles return a lot of its talent from last years team that made a final four appearance. The Ressel kid will be one of the best guards in the area including an array of ball handlers and shooters to accommodate. Oran's biggest question is how its post game will develop.

2. Bernie (Last season record: 23-6) - Coach Bosch always puts one of the most disciplined and fundamental teams on the court year after year. This year's team I look to be no different with a good group of Seniors hungry for a trip to the final four. I could very well see the Mules being the top team in the area at the end of the season

3. South Pemiscot (Last season record: 17-9): Last season we saw an impressive late season run by the Bulldogs. I'm not too certain on their personnel but I think they bring back majority of last year's district runner-up team along with a great coach.

4. Hayti (Last season record: 20-6): So far I've been hearing Hayti will not be as good as they were last year but Hayti always produces athletes. Hayti is one of the best rebounding teams in the area year in and year out and always seem to be ready come district time. I see this season being no different.

5. Chaffee (Last season record: 16-10) - Look out for the Devils this season. Coming off the most successful football season in quite awhile, don't be surprised to see the basketball team do its part. Chaffee brings back everyone from last year's team including junior guard and playmaker Peyton Montgomery. Chaffee is one of my sleeper teams this season.

6. Advance (Last season record: 21-7) Advance lost basically it's whole squad from last year's district runner-up team but returns one player who happened to be their best player last season in Lane Below. Below will get his points but Advance will need to establish a post game and find somebody to ease the scoring load off Below to be a top team in the area.

7. Portageville (Last season record: 13-11) - I, like everyone do not know much on Portageville at this point. They seem to not exist until after the first of the year. Portageville is much similar to Hayti. Coming off a disappointing season, I could see a slow start by the Bulldogs but could very well see history repeating itself again in another successful postseason run.

8. Oak Ridge (Last season record: 20-6) - If you keep up with all the X's and O's that go into a basketball team, Oak Ridge would be a delight for you to watch. Coach Stoneking always has a methodical game plan he puts into action. Oak Ridge returns best player Ryan Below along with a couple other threats from last year's team. A lot is not being said on the Blue Jays right now but they IMO are serious playoff contenders.

9. SCC (Last season record: 14-13) - Scott Co. Central is the most historic basketball program in the area. I see another successful season followed by a slow start possibly with Larandis Banks being out. Come March however, don't count out seeing the Braves in CoMo with Banks being healthy and enough playoff experience.

10. Leopold (Last season record: 20-3): Throughout the years, the playoff pressure has been to much for the Wildcats. Last year might have been their chance with the senior talent present. Leopold returns Cameron Davis who is one of the most fun and athletic players in the area to watch given the competition he plays against. I'm not too sure what Leopold will have to go along with Davis but it could be another successful season for the Wildcats if a supporting cast develops.

On the bubble: Senath Hornersville, Puxico, Risco

BEST WISHES AND GOODLUCK ON THE UPCOMING SEASON!!! - U.C.

Replies (223)

Good stuff Unc. Preseason things are really tough to do (which is why I normally wait until January) due to unpredictability. I probably flip Oran and Bernie, move Chaffee a little bit higher and try to fit Senath into the top ten over Leopold. However, I couldn't really give a strong case for any of those decisions. Just hunches more than anything. Looking forward to the season starting especially Class 2 since it once again seems wide open down here. Do you or anyone else know what Winona brings back considering they aren't really Semoball but played a large role last year?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Nov 10, 2013, at 11:37 PM
  • Thanks SS! I had to do my homework for this one. Oran and Bernie was a toss-up. I gave the nod to the hometown team due to last year's success. I'm glad your one that sees the light in Chaffee's possibilities. Winona's leading scorer and big man (Smith?) graduated last year and is playing at TRCC but I think 3-4 starters and a decent bench return. Winona and Thayer both are two teams that could give any class 2 team in the area fits come playoff time.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Nov 10, 2013, at 11:43 PM

Yeah. I forgot about Thayer. They always seem to be another one to keep an eye on in District 2.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Nov 10, 2013, at 11:50 PM

The record for Leopold last year was 24-3 which was a new school record from the previous 23-5.

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 7:20 AM
  • Very nice unc but I would flip bernie and orani believe that this is bernies year. I may be biased but this team without injury should be awesome. Also senath should be tough they are big and young. And did the big guy from Hayti graduate

-- Posted by yaeger on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 7:46 AM
  • Cant wait for the oran and bernie game that will be a good game

-- Posted by yaeger on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 7:48 AM
  • Scc seems to love playing the underdog role don't fall to sleep on the young and mighty braves..number 9 is a little low for them

-- Posted by DR.BBALL on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 8:19 AM

Thanks Uncle Charlie. Good work.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 9:08 AM

Good poll, very insightful!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 9:08 AM
  • Without Baker, I'm gonna say South Pem finally knocks off Bernie in that District.

-- Posted by Shank on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 10:37 AM
  • Good job unc. You know I'm a Bernie guy but I'm ok with Oran in the Top spot since they went to state. I would see it like this:

Oran

Bernie

Thayer

S Pem

Chaffee

Hayti

Senath

SCC

O Ridge

Leopold

Thayer will be real good and I seen Chaffee beat S Pem by 10 in the summer. Ik it's just summer. lol

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 10:42 AM
  • Good poll Unc. I too would swap Bernie and Oran at the top. I agree with you that Chaffee will be very good this year. I think both Portageville and Leopold will struggle this season. Guys like Dom Porter and Kyle Stroder just don't come around that often. Two small schools I think we should watch are Risco and Delta C-7 as well as Senath.

Yaegar, Frankie Burden, Jr., is back for Hayti for his senior season.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 11:22 AM
  • just whot are you talkin bout peacher man fam?? who just is funkie burden jr bucko?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 11:42 AM
  • Gotta love bearcat1forall!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 11:44 AM
  • Thayer isn't in the Semoball coverage area

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 12:02 PM
  • When did thayer and winona become a part of semo

-- Posted by yaeger on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 1:05 PM
  • SCC garnished only the 9 spot due to Banks being out early early on in the season. I look for them to be moving up as the season progresses.

Have you seen Thayer play before BBfanactic? Are they a top 3 small school team in the area? They're around 3 hours away from the Semoball area so it's more than difficult for me to include in my poll. The same occurrence occurred last season in regards to Thayer and Winona.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 1:46 PM
  • Seen Thayer this summer. Played Bernie twice at dexter and beat us both times not by much, we did not have all our players and I'm not sure about them but they will be a top 5 team no doubt, very physical. Winona didnt look that good.

yaeger they are not semo and they dont have to be included because I dont know if we all would know enough about them but everybody better take notice of Thayer...

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 2:16 PM
  • Portageville will be down some this year. Still have Banks kid but not a whole lot to go with him. Bernie is top small school team I believe. Hayti will have big front line but guard play questionable. Saw the Below kid play this summer, from Advance, very good player. Loved watching him. Scc is always dangerous but have to have Banks to beat any good teams. South Pem is pretty good but still can't see them getting past Bernie.

-- Posted by bball79 on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 4:16 PM
  • I see a lot of love for senath on here. I'm telling y'all now east prairie may be the surprise team of all the improved teams. Saw EP beat senath by 20 + this summer at Kennett. Just saying!!

-- Posted by basketball365 on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 7:36 PM
  • ep is class 3 right?

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 7:56 PM

Yes they are BBfanatic.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 8:22 PM
  • Yes Ep is a small class three.

-- Posted by basketball365 on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 8:24 PM

The small school top ten is classified as Class 1 and 2 teams by Uncle Charlie.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 8:28 PM
  • Must of missed those specifics. Class 1,2,&3 all play state on same weekend so I figure they are all "small school". However class three has the largest range of all the classes as far as enrollment goes. So I feel there are defiantly some class three schools that need to be catogorized as small school and some as large schools.

-- Posted by basketball365 on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 9:02 PM

Yeah, once January hits I have a top ten teams in SEMO compilation every week but due to the SEMO Conference schools kind of dominating talk of the best teams, Unc took it upon himself to start a similar format with just the schools in Class 1 and 2 after some posters were hoping to see someone put it together so that what has been regarded as the small school classes could get recognition. Tough to say some teams in Class 3 are in one format and some are in another. I am excited to see East Prairie this year though. It'd be nice to see them relevant in basketball.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 9:09 PM
  • Class 4 has the largest range in enrollment of all classes I believe.

-- Posted by baseballfan2011 on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 9:50 PM

I would think that Class 5 would be largest considering it goes from 1215 to around 2500 for the largest public schools.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 9:52 PM
  • Yes, class 4 and class 5 definitely has larger enrollment spans. Class 4 is something like 540-1215 I think.

-- Posted by baseballfan2011 on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 10:54 PM

Good job UNC it is hard to rank teams this early but glad you did.It gives us bball fans something to discuss,like the poll i would have risco ahead of a couple of the others but can't disagree much!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 9:34 PM
  • Oran ranked 1 by Uncle Charlie from Oran....

Surprise Surprise.....

We're all sure there's no Bias here???

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 8:00 AM
  • I'm glad to see you're still around UFO. It wouldn't be the same on here without you and you're negative Oran comments. How's Scott City looking this year?

-- Posted by playdeep on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 10:51 AM
  • If one more guard steps up for Hayti I can see them making another run to the final four;

The 2 Burden brothers will dominate down low

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 11:42 AM
  • Oran is ranked 1 since they went to state last year and return the core of their team. There hasn't been opposition to the rankings so thanks for trolling, even though Helen Keller knows it all boils down to jealousy. Oran absolutely rolled Scott City up and smoked them in a wrap the two times they played them last season.I would say the same thing too if my beloved Rams were facing a 8-20 record for the year.

Please don't remark back with your 40 point win over Oran in 2011. Nobody cares and its over. Surely in the past 5 years you have more than 2 stories of Scott City beating Oran on court. I don't because it didn't happen.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 12:40 PM
  • no disagreement but I don't think these rankings have any chance of holding true. I don't think anyone realizes how important Alex Heuring was. Kody Moore was awesome as well. Ressel will still be really good but they no longer have 3 horses to go to.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 1:17 PM
  • now now uncle carlie just whot are you sain Bucko? oron is not just not isnot not better than bersie or advanc Bucko. just whot are you smokin on pal? u must just be just from oron aren not ya Bucko?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 1:27 PM
  • Oran will not be near as good as they were last year but nobody will be besides Chaffee and Bernie in class 2. If you think these rankings will hold true, your probability is way off.

BUT Chance Tenkhoff, Hunter Schlosser, and Jacob Priggel are three players I would take on any class 2 team in the state. Rebounding shouldn't be the issue for the Eagles as Oran will have a 6'4 kid in the post nobody knows about. His offensive ability is below average but with Ressel, Tenkhoff, Schlosser, and Priggel all averaging between10-15 points a game last year, that shouldn't be a problem.

If he can rebound, put a body on the others team post player, and score maybe 8 points a game, Oran will be a top team in the area.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 2:19 PM
  • My thought is it won't be as easy to score those 10-15 a game without the other teams too defenders being on Heuring an Moore. More attention will be on those guys this season. I would have to throw Bernie out as the favorite to get the the final four from this region.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 2:37 PM
  • the same could be said about Advance. They lost Wallace, Middleton, and Barr. I think Middleton was one of the most underated guards in the area last year for small schools. I would also say that if Puxico counts then they are a top contender but they may be class 3. I'm not sure on their enrollment.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 2:40 PM
  • You also have to take into consideration that some (majority) of other teams also lost those two players that were guarding Moore and Heuring last year to graduation. Chaffee and Bernie didn't however. I don't see no class 2 team in the Semoball area giving Oran fits come playoff time other than Chaffee and Bernie due to graduation and tradition, unless Hayti muscles out a district championship somehow.

Middleton did not impress me other than the number of times he dribbled the ball. Granted the few times I saw him last year was against Oran and he had Moore and Ressel smothering him in man.

Puxico's been a contender every preseason since I've been in school and have been a bust every year other than the year they upset Coach Shoemaker's former beloved Hornets in the '06 districts. I see the same for this year, plus teams around here do not match up well with teams from the west. No way they get past both Winona and Thayer.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 4:39 PM
  • I think Uncle Charlie did an awesome job with this poll. Is it 100 percent accurate? Probably not but where did most of you have Oran last year? We all know how that turned out.

-- Posted by playdeep on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 4:42 PM

Trust me, Hayti will be very capable of beating the top teams in Class 2 in the area. They are going to be very good.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 5:23 PM
  • Bernie will be tough as long as they stay healthy. I'm very excited to see what happens but man is that district tough maybe one of the toughest in class 2 state wide. Hayti is scary do is south pem and I will not count out senath

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 7:21 PM
  • For bernie it will come down to defense and rebounding

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 7:22 PM
  • Bernie's defense will be better than last year by far.... 10 players deep..

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Nov 19, 2013, at 9:37 PM

BBfanatic,I agree that bernie's defense should be better because they are deeper.The one thing i wonder about is the offensive side of the ball i wonder who will score in crunch time in a close game.With out Baker to lean on i think some one new will have to prove to me that they can do what he did i seen them a few times in the summer it makes me wonder!

-- Posted by porchswing on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 8:09 AM
  • Can't see P'Ville there losing virtually everyone, and having a JV that struggled alot last year. Everything else looks alright.

-- Posted by No sir on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 8:22 AM
  • porchswing, I agree Baker is a loss for us but at the same time I also believe it can be good for us as well. Sometimes we relied on him to much. 9 of our top 10 can put the ball in the basket, 6 of those can shoot the 3. We will also have Walker @ 6-3 and Ellenburg @ 6-2 for post play and Walker is imovable, just ask Holc/Adv big men from last year.. Scoring will be more spread out than it ever has and I think thats an advantage sometimes. Every team has scoring lulls and when that happens you rely on your defense to keep you in the game and we will have that. Bottom line is you have to be playing your best basketball for the last 5 games of the season. Bernie will be ready but that doesnt mean they will win!

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 9:11 AM
  • Playdeep,

You asked about Scott City this year. Young and Rebuilding may best describe our Rams.

In regards to Uncle Charlie's rankings. "Awesome" never comes to mind when I read his post.

Considering the Eagles lost Heuring and Moore and Uncle C believes the "Core" returns....?

I believe, Biased and Delusional are more fitting descriptions.

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 10:47 AM
  • No one in Class 2 District 1 will be able to rebound with Hayti like I said earlier if we get decent guard play i see another final 4 run

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 11:26 AM
  • I dont think that many of bernies games will be close

-- Posted by yaeger on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 12:05 PM
  • Don't know if Oran should be 1, but they are probably top 3 so it doesn't really matter. I don't know if I would have Chaffee that high either. They return a lot of players, none of which are really good outside shooters. I've heard that a couple of the key players may not be there much longer (don't know if that means before or after basketball is over). I know they lost one of their best shooters, as he transferred. Advance should definitely not be that high. Their second best player may be a freshman. When Lane Below is hitting shots they will be tough, if you slow him down I don't know where they find scoring against good teams. I would definitely have Scott County and Oak ridge higher. SCC had a really good, although small, jv last year and not many teams in that group are bringing back an all state forward like Oak Ridge.

Don't know enough about Hayti or Portageville to make a recommendation about them.

-- Posted by El Burro on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 12:36 PM
  • UFO you must have forgot about the 50+ victory this group of seniors had against your JV their sophomore year while Oran's best player this upcoming season Ressel was in the stands waiting on the varsity game to start during the whole thing. I don't know about the top team but one of the top teams.

Chaffee will be the real deal. Motgomery is one of the best outside shooters in the area and Morehead will be another Alex Heuring by the time he graduates. I wouldn't leave Tenkhoff open either. Size will not be a problem either for the Devils having Layton Tenkhoff, Charlie Montgomery, and Trevor Morehead.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 1:03 PM
  • nobody from varsity transferred. The kid that transferred didn't score a point at his new school last night.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 2:09 PM
  • Weubker.. is that the advance Freshman?

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 2:24 PM
  • I never think Oak ridge has much coming back but the stick to their system and their players develop plus thy have Ryan Below so they'll be in the mix for sure.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 2:29 PM
  • Take it easy on him Unc. If I was an SC fan, I'd be in a bad mood too when I look down the line at the sports spectrum there.

-- Posted by gostlrams on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 5:05 PM
  • Just a few observations.

1-Oak Ridge has a solid program but plays a relatively weak schedule. However, Stoneking is a very good coach. No denying that.

2-Hayti must find some consistent guard play. They also must play with more discipline if they hope to beat the top teams in that district. Two years ago when they reached the final four it was thanks in large to a deep talent pool combined with getting hot at the right time.

3-Bernie won't be very big. But they are the premier class 2 program in SEMO as we speak. However, they are not head and shoulders above the rest of the field. They usually play like they have something the prove and if they want to come out on top again, come district time, they will need to continue that.

4-South Pemiscot is probably as hungry as anybody. They have the athleticism to match up with a Hayti, plus better guard play. They are not very big, but most of their guys are around 6 feet. They certainly can be expected to come into this year with a huge chip on their shoulders wanting to prove people they can win that district. It could be their year.

5-Senath is an interesting team. Coming off of last year, before Heeb left you'd thought they would be a shoe in for the state championship with all his comments in the papers. They have 2 pretty good guards, but they are small guards. However, they have two kids that are 6-5 and 6-6 inside. Their guards are skilled and Autry is skilled. They very well could be as good as any team in this district by the end of the season.

6-Oran lost a ton from last year. They, along with Bernie are 2 or the more disciplined teams in the Class 2 SEMO area. Their kids seem to have a winning mentality, so that could take them along way this year. They seemed to have a good jv two years ago that went undefeated. I looked at their schedule, it's not the toughest in the world, but a undefeated season is impressive, nonetheless.

7-Scott County Central with or without Larandis Banks is going to be a tough out for anyone in Class 1. They should win that district again. But they will face another stiff opponent from the west this year in South Iron. South Iron returns everybody from a team that barely lost to state champion Eminence in the district final last year.

Should be an exciting year for all these teams.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 9:27 PM

No offense to Oran but I don't think an undefeated season would be in the cards jwhitlock with them playing in the SeMissourian Christmas tourney.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 9:28 PM
  • I forgot to comment on Chaffee. I got to see them play 3 or 4 times this summer and once last year. They are athletic and have the 1 pretty good guard. However, I'm not sure I agree with Uncle Charlies assessment that they inside kid could be another Heuring, or similar too. Heuring is a much better player than this kid, or at least he was when I watched him. Chaffee is in the midst of a nice run in athletics. They could very well knock off Oran this year.

Puxico is another team that is as talented as anybody. They have a good big kid in Tucker who is about 6-4 or 6-5. They have a lot of other kids returning as well. They will give Bernie all they want and more in Stoddard County.

I don't know anything about Thayer other than they have good tradition.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 9:32 PM
  • Of course not. I was simply referring to the season that this group of junior and seniors(minus Seth Ressel) had 2 season ago. I believe they finished 18-0. Not really of any significance anyway.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 9:35 PM
  • Morehead is a junior. Nobody affliated with SE Missouri basketball knew who Alex Heuring was until 3/4 of the way through his junior year. I'm not saying he will be as good as Heuring but he very well could be with his similiar size. It depends on how he matures.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Nov 20, 2013, at 11:59 PM
  • I believe Chaffee will beat Oran this year. Chaffee has a group of solid Athletes, however, they play all sports.

Bernie, Oran, Oak Ridge, Leopold, Advance and Scott County do not have Football and therefore devote way more to Basketball.

The small football schools often come out of the gate slower.

With that said, I believe Chaffee will give these schools all they want.

-- Posted by UFO on Thu, Nov 21, 2013, at 4:46 PM
  • Talk is "inexpensive". Let's get about a half a dozen games or so played and then start the talk about the walk all over again.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Thu, Nov 21, 2013, at 8:03 PM
  • Oran will be good but I don't think they're the #1 team on the list. They return 3 starters and a good 6th man. Yet there's no replacing Moore and Heuring. Chaffee will be tough returning every starter and adding some good players. Bernie has a lot of depth and should be the obvious #1. No disrespect to Oran but I'd say they should be in the 3 or 4 slot until they prove they have a post game. But their guards will handle the ball, crash the boards and get up and down the floor! Oran's speed and ability to shoot will be what carries them. SCC with or without Larandis will be another solid contender for the top 5 because they have 7-8 players with experience and they have tradition on their side. You can bet they'll come to play. Advance is the sleeper team in this list but could also drop off the list if they don't bring the work ethic that coach Wheetley has instilled in them. They could really shock some people even though they lack experience. They have one of the best guards in the SEMO area. Lane can fill it up beyond the arc and is crafty around the basket. Hes played tough D and makes the players around him better with his leadership ability when Ive seen them play.

-- Posted by olediehard on Fri, Nov 22, 2013, at 10:00 AM
  • Bumping to get rid of weird question

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Nov 22, 2013, at 5:37 PM
  • if chaffee is that tough, then scc will be ranked higher on this poll now,since the braves beat them in the oit already this year and that was without banks

-- Posted by kmasters on Sun, Dec 8, 2013, at 8:03 PM
  • Nobody knew SCC had Owens or Moore going into this year.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sun, Dec 8, 2013, at 8:57 PM

FallSoHard has it right alot of teams would like to have two recruits,I mean move in's like those two!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Dec 8, 2013, at 9:07 PM
  • Recruits? Owens already had attended Scott county but moved after a year of being unable to play due to his grades,

The Moore kid came from sikeston his parents have moved into the Scott county school district need I say more....

-- Posted by DR.BBALL on Mon, Dec 9, 2013, at 9:14 AM
  • You need to say no more doctor. If something is fishy going on it will get uncovered just like every other scandal, except it will be 4-5 years down the road. A little too late for little Oak Ridge, Leopold, Eminence, and Risco.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Dec 9, 2013, at 10:27 AM
  • You guys act like Owens & Moore are 6' 8"&6'9" They are 6' nothing and 5' 8" maybe,but sounds like you are worried !! lol

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Mon, Dec 9, 2013, at 11:10 AM
  • actually nobody has said that. What they can do that Scott County hasn't been able to do is actually shoot the ball. Scott County's best offense, other than Otto, is to shoot a jumper and all 5 guys go offensive rebound and get a put back or score off of their press. Not hit 10 plus 3's a game like they have been.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Mon, Dec 9, 2013, at 12:34 PM
  • Scott county has a pretty good team and they can compete with any other team in this Area that Owens,Porter,Blissett match up with Moore coming off the bench there good...Specialy goin into playoff time and there all healthy

-- Posted by sevynUp on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 9:30 AM
  • Actually Larandis Banks is an excellent shooter.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 10:24 AM
  • Yes indeed but im talking about those who are playing now

-- Posted by sevynUp on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 10:28 AM
  • so scc is recruiting now huh uncle Charlie lets not talk about the kids that played in oran that was in a differe school district,,we know BOUT THAT,,,hahahha we know ole mitch wanted one bad for his baseball team several years ago,

-- Posted by kmasters on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 8:12 PM
  • I never said SCC was recruiting. Not once.

You envy Mitch it sounds like. This isn't the first time I've heard you bring his name up, except you use "Woods" which is not ironic by what you just said. You have not the slightest clue where Oran's school's line/boundary is.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 8:27 PM
  • I consider banks more He's a streaky shooter who is overall above average. He's definitely more of a slasher and he is certainly a difference maker. With him the Braves are probably the odds on favorites to win the class 1 state championship.

SCC is not recruiting. Please stop with the nonsense.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 8:30 PM
  • I should probably put the cough medicine away while typing. What I meant to say was I consider banks to be more of a streaky outside shooter who is overall above average.

I'd say Charles is probably referring to the small school that lies just west of SCC.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 8:32 PM
  • Now jwhitlock you know those families really did live in those empty abandoned farm houses that were used for addresses in that small schools district.

-- Posted by playdeep on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 8:44 PM
  • You mean the ones with no electric meters attached to the house? ha

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 8:46 PM
  • Lets just drop that where we stand right now guys for educational purposes and be fortunate we have no Bell City posters to enlighten us on the situation gentleman.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 8:49 PM
  • 1. Oran

2. Bernie

3. Hayti

4. Advance

5. Chaffee

6. Scc

7. Oak Ridge

8. Leopold

9. Holcomb

10. South Pem

On the bubble: Portageville, Risco, Senath.

Can't believe I haven't even seen the name Holcomb in this whole conversation, they return one of the top 3 players IMO in class 2 with Ryan Reeves. Yeah they lost a ton of talent last year with Massey, but this team can definitely compete and I see them being in the top three teams in their district, with Bernie and hayti. There is way too much love for south pem in this conversation IMO, they don't have any star on there team other than primer which is just a little over average to me.

-- Posted by B-ball junkie on Tue, Dec 10, 2013, at 10:48 PM
  • I agree that Holcomb is flying below the radar. I believe they should be in the 7-10 range. I also believe that advance is getting a lot of hype right now that's undeserved. If SCC beat Kennett I think they would handle advance and portageville both relatively easily.

-- Posted by bleacherking on Wed, Dec 11, 2013, at 12:21 PM
  • hey uncle your ranks should change dramaticly now dont you think

-- Posted by kmasters on Sat, Dec 21, 2013, at 9:40 PM
  • 12 point win on Orans home floor is a blowout. Also, please, no more talk about Holcomb. They got destroyed this week.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sat, Dec 21, 2013, at 9:45 PM
  • Congratulations to SCC. They are obviously much improved from last year.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Sat, Dec 21, 2013, at 11:06 PM
  • What's the new top 10 look like ? Let's see what you got Uncle Charile ?

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Sat, Dec 21, 2013, at 11:14 PM
  • scc recruiting questions again? always seems to come up right after someone gets upset because their predictions and ambitions take a hit. cmon folks, can't you just say "good game" and move on?

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Sat, Dec 21, 2013, at 11:44 PM

South Iron and Emminence are both very, very good 1A teams. It would not surprise me to see either one beat Scott County in the playoffs. I know they aren't really considered Semoball area schools, but the potential South Iron/Eminence winner vs Scott County Central matchup in March could be "ONE FOR THE AGES"

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 12:06 AM

SCC is improved they are deeper this year but they are not the best team in semo!Oran is a good team they are not as good as last year IMO.T his game i watched tonight was no where near a blow out very close game till the very end the best team did win though!I have seen Eminence and South Iron and IMO Eminence would give them all they want and right now South IRON would beat them!That being said still a long way to go.

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 12:35 AM
  • I'd agree on that about them not being the best team in SEMO. Not sure anybody has made that claim, but I'd agree with your assessment that they're not. At this point I feel confident in saying Jackson, Sikeston, and Notre Dame are better.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 8:18 AM
  • When SCC puts their best 5 out there nobody will beat them.. their starters last night weren't even close to being their best 5. and Jeffrey played 6 minutes in the first half.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 9:12 AM
  • I'm shooting for perfection gents but until then, thanks for keeping me honest. It's humerous how a school that has experienced as much success as SCC has is this concerned about a PRESEASON POLL. Nonetheless, love the attention.

Unc's thoughts on the game: What I pretty well expected. A great effort by both sides. SCC is the better team and Oran had only enough steam for 3 quarters but after watching, some of you either have Oran underrated as a team or SCC overrated as a team IMO. You all can be the judge. I was able to find out Oran is capable of playing with any small school in the area which was what I was wanting to take out of this game. These teams will battle it out 3-4 this year, don't forget. Pleased with the game.

Sorry for the delay on my thoughts, ugly sweater party did me in. I could tell some of you were anxious to hear from me.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 10:40 AM
  • 6+4+3=2, I agree completely. If a team can slow the game down enough to make SCC play a half court game, primarily half-court defense, it could be one for the ages for DW and if any team was able to do that it would be Eminence or South Iron, hence last year.

SCC is the clear favorite right now however.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 10:45 AM
  • Which one was the recruit for SCC? Unc you're right. Someone is either underrated or overrated. Liked the pace of the game and no doubt SCC can play. Will take much more than what I saw last night to make it to Columbia.

-- Posted by gostlrams on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 2:19 PM
  • Bullet,

I believe Holcomb's name was mentioned simply because they defeated the number 7 team on this list, on the road this week. They did get beaten badly by Hayti, but they weren't the first, and certainly weren't the last. The fact is, class 1 and 2 this year do not even compare to the last several. Class 1 has SCC, and Class 2 has Hayti and Bernie. Beyond that, all the teams listed, including several others, could stake their claim to #4 or below on this list.

-- Posted by No sir on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 2:44 PM
  • I've seen Holcomb play and they should not be in the top 10. They do have a great player in reeves

-- Posted by yaeger on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 2:49 PM
  • thats why i always say throw the rankings away they dont mean crap lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 8:01 PM
  • hey uncle charlie give us a hint on your new rankings!!!!! will it stay the same or will it have a slight change???? just wondering,,your post are entertaining and debatable but that what makes all of this fun

-- Posted by kmasters on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 8:34 PM
  • I agree gostlrams, but I'm pleased with where Oran is with it being so early in the season. Plently of time for a team to improve that the past 3 years has gotten better as the season progresses. I feel coach Shoe might have a couple tricks up his sleeve to accomodate also.

Kmasters, I would never do such a thing.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 9:47 PM
  • Whats the hold up UC? get that top ten out!!

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 10:03 PM
  • Scc might as well be on the top.

-- Posted by Sydney Crosby on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 10:59 PM
  • come on man (uncle) you know you want to... or are you waiting for sidelines top 10 so you can go off of his lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 8:47 AM
  • I'd have SCC Hayti Bernie and Oran top 4. After that not sure but probably Chaffee. And hayti /bernie is tough

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:22 AM
  • (Quote)That's why I always say throw the rankings away. They don't mean crap.

-- Posted by luckyone4 on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:32 AM

LOL!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:43 AM
  • I agree but I do think they're fun and I also like to hear other's opinions

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:44 AM
  • Well played luckyone4. Nice hearing from you! Hope all is well.

Kmasters is just back on the bandwagon it seems like. You didn't hear much out of him last year or on the baseball forum, except in '11 when SCC was supposed to be able to contend with Oran on a baseball diamond until that irrational idea was thrown out the door.

MY RANKINGS WILL BE OUT AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR, just like SS does with his top 10 poll. This makes it easier for me to compile since you have more games to gauge a team.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 1:45 PM
  • Top 5:

Bernie

Hayti

SCC

Oran

Chaffee

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 4:47 PM
  • I like it BBfanatic

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 5:24 PM
  • The Bernie/Hayti could go either way for me.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 5:36 PM
  • Hayti and SCC should be at the top. They have the most impressive wins up to this point.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 6:42 PM
  • Not really Whitlock no team has come within 30-40 agaist bernie even though their schedule hasn't been the toughest

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 7:05 PM
  • Agreed jwhitlock, barring a collapse in each's Christmas tournament. If Bernie knocks off Hayti, I feel they'll have a chance to take the top spot but still not enough to place them above SCC IMO unless SCC loses to a team they're better than.

Didn't Bernie play neck and neck with a SCC team that was not half as good as they are now a year ago? How do you make a claim Bernie is higher than SCC with SCC's early season success unless your giving your BIASED opinion.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 7:11 PM
  • There's no way Bernie would have as many wins or close games as SCC has at this point if they played SCC's schedule, especially with their turnover problems.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 7:13 PM
  • Y'all know SCC beat Bernie and Hayti's Christmas tourney's #1 seed without Banks right?

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 8:53 PM
  • Bernie hasn't played scc.

-- Posted by uno49 on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 9:02 PM
  • unclecharlie you need to regroup because look at last years post I was on here everyday !!!!!!!!I just find it amusing with your top so call 10 ..lol.. I believe you are living in the past year year noway oran was number 1 even in preseason but you started this post so live with the comments...hahahaha but you are a diehard oran fan and nothing is wrong with that just like I am a scc fan but I wouldn't put out a top 10 and be bias with my home team like you did that's all...lol unless they was that good and they aren't at this time sorry

-- Posted by kmasters on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:38 PM
  • I can say the same thing about Bernie. How do you know Bernie cant beat all those teams? Yes i am being biased just like everyone is until we are knocked off by one of them, Champ, who says they should be the one seed, lets let that play out and see. I'm sticking with my Mules until someone beats them.. If SCC only beat Oran by 10, Bernie can play with them I'm sure but now nothing is guaranteed. Im gauging that off the SC/Oran - SC/Bernie game since we are gauging off opponents.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:41 PM
  • and uncle right now I would take Bernie over oran at this point but we all know you will disagree about that and that's fine hahahahahahaha

-- Posted by kmasters on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:42 PM
  • Bernie usually doesn't play class 1 schools they tend to bump it up to class 4

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:46 PM
  • Good one kmasters. the only reason hes giving SCC cudos is because he has to. They beat Oran. he doesnt seem to like us hillbillys south of dexter. lol

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:50 PM
  • They dont schedule delta zalma oak Ridge but they do Sikeston Notre Dame etc

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:51 PM

The top 4 teams are 2 very similar and very different teams. Oran and Bernie are almost mirror images of each other and Hayti and SCC are almost mirror images of each other. Oran and Bernie are more structured half court teams that can play at a faster pace if need be, but aren't as good at the helter skelter type game that Hayti and SCC like to play. Those 4 teams would matchup up very well with each other and games could go either way in my opinion. I am terrible with names but Hayti has a couple of kids that can play above the rim. Oran and Bernie could beat both of these teams if they shoot the ball well and limit turnovers but that is always easier said than done. Anyway you slice it these 4 are very good teams and will be fun to watch no matter how you rank them

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 11:03 PM
  • that is correct bbfanatic lol like I said im a die hard brave fan but when they are (scc) bad I will say, just like I did last year...he lives (uncle) on one impressive year lol..... and you cant, heck we don't hang district titles up at scc we hang state titles up!!!!!!just saying

-- Posted by kmasters on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 11:03 PM
  • 6+4+3 I totally agree any one of those 4 teams could win in a game played against each other.. Here is what I like about Bernie. Their defense "Could be a game changer" We will all find out except we don't play SCC..

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 11:13 PM
  • @BBfanactic, my poll is not composed of who could beat who. It's who's playing the best basketball at the release of my poll just to let you know. I have no further comments on who would win between Bernie/SCC/Oran and I in no way disagree with your comment. I hope your calling youself a hillbilly by the way because I've never said that.

@Kmasters, Bernie over Oran? That's fine. I agree but tell me why. You made the comment you weren't even at the Oran/SCC prior to this. I don't think you could tell me the hair color of Oran's leading scorer against SCC honestly much less know what Oran brings to the table unless you watched them previously which I highly doubt. I know for sure you haven't seen Bernie play either this year. You might just be trolling. If so, well played. Most people agreed with my preseason poll. You can't please everyone.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 11:28 PM
  • @Yaeger, Oran will have played a tougher schedule then Bernie going into our matchup just so you know. That is if both teams play to their seed in their Christmas tournament.

@6+4+3=2 seems to know what's going on.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 11:40 PM
  • Bernie has played the softer schedule to this point than SCC, Hayti, or Oran. When teams don't play head to head all you have to go on is wins and strength of schedule, in my opinion.

I'll be interested to see how Hayti does at Bloomfield this week. So far they have avoided the roller coaster that they sometimes ride.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 12:39 AM
  • UC I know you didnt say that just havin a little fun. Looking forward to the new rankings. Love high school basketball and discussing it..

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 1:04 AM
  • This whole SCC/Bernie/Hayti discussion will be a lot more interesting next year when SCC moves up to class 2. I'm sure there won't be many class 1 schools (Risco) that will be sorry to see them move up a class. I think SCC is the only Missouri school to win back to back state titles in 2 different classes, so it can be done. Oh, yeah and Oran will be class 1 next year.

-- Posted by igobybob on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 8:17 AM
  • Since SCC does not hang district title banners in the gym, they should have enough room to hang ACT scores, teacher certifications, MSIP reports, district financial records, etc. Right, kmasters?

-- Posted by gostlrams on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 9:07 AM
  • Bob, I heard the same rumor. If so, Oran will basically replace SCC as the top class 1 team in the area IMO for the next 5 years or so with the talent they have coming up in the Jr. High and with what this years team will be bringing back. Expect to see the same success on the court as Oran has had on a baseball diamond with the class change. This is all future refrences though that could change but I don't see Oran basketball falling off with Shoe at the helm.

Gostlrams, 7th hour practice, I mean PE doesn't allow enough time for all the irrelevant accomplishments you listed.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 10:07 AM
  • Let me be the first to say, I don't know know if SCC still practices during the school day since RC left but it wouldn't surprise me.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 10:15 AM
  • hahahahahahaha some good jokers on here lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 6:42 PM
  • What's the big deal if they practice during 7th hour P.E.? Who cares?

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 7:15 PM
  • I guess that's why they win because of 7th hour pe hahahahahahahahaha grasping straws now lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 8:17 PM
  • Gostlrams, how many schools do you know of that hang ACT scores, teacher certs, or financial records in their gym? That was a rude and uncalled for jab. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead.

Uncle Charlie. Why bring up the accusation of seventh hour practice and then run from your own comment?

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 6:29 PM
  • It does make me feel better. I don't agree with playing one sport year round, and using 7th hour to do it. It's not an accusation. SCC coaches never hid the fact they practice 7th hour. Just responding to kmasters, get over it.

-- Posted by gostlrams on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 7:04 PM
  • someone else brought it up and I responded,,,,woodland played oran tough tonite though

-- Posted by kmasters on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 7:17 PM
  • How does scc play one sport year round? I think the basketball season for high school basketball is the same for all schools.

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 7:26 PM
  • I ran to go grab a bite to eat and was on my way back until rams took the words right out of my mouth.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 7:47 PM
  • hahahahahahahha come on now unclecharlie!!!!!!! what did you think of your eagles tonite ????

-- Posted by kmasters on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 7:53 PM
  • vandusar they gras[ at anything on here lol which is fine if they think 7th hour pe makes champions,,, but if that was the case wouldn't everybody be doing it then just sayn

-- Posted by kmasters on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 7:55 PM
  • One of our better defensive games of the year IMO. 45 points is a great defensive effort. Shots weren't falling and careless possessions allowed Woodland to stay competitive. Were you there?

Oran will have to shoot the ball well, keep Cox and Statham off the boards, and control the front court to stay competitive with Cape. The paint will be a dead zone for the Eagles tomrorrow. I don't see it being a pleasant night for Oran especially if they play like they did tonight.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 8:03 PM
  • yup front roll mid court

-- Posted by kmasters on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 8:44 PM
  • I believe 7th hour practice and a couple of move-ins every year is legal. I just don't agree with them, though. Oran will have to shoot much better to beat Cape. It can be done, right Unc? What was it, 5 years ago Oran took them down?

-- Posted by gostlrams on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 8:46 PM
  • on any givin nite anyone can be beat, but they will have to cut down on the turnovers and need to block out capes big guys because they will need to out rebound them to have a shot imo

-- Posted by kmasters on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 8:53 PM
  • Well, the 7th hour practice does not exist anymore, so that point is out. Now to the "move ins" you and Charlie like to mention. Please list me a couple examples of those move ins over the last couple years. I am sure you have them since you took the time to accuse them of it.

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 8:53 PM
  • An SCC supporter already noted them in another forum. It's ok, I just don't agree with it. And I'm a big supporter of Frank Staple. He is a fine man of integrity.

-- Posted by gostlrams on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 10:07 PM
  • Rams, it can be done but Oran will have to match their playing level and intensity level that they had against SCC, on top of shooting the ball wall. A lot will have to click for Oran to pull this off along with a little help from Cape. A very tall task.

Yes!!! The '06 8/9 nightcap matchup. Oran came in as the 9 seed only to pull off the mild upset. Needless to say, the next day there was maybe only half of the Jungle there for their consolation game as opposed to their first round game.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 12:40 AM
  • I see Cape winning in a rout. Possibly by 30 points or more

-- Posted by BLARNEY CARNEY on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 8:19 AM
  • Gostlrams, could you please tell me what forum this scc supporter noted these move ins? I couldn't find it. Thanks.

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 8:24 AM
  • only new kid scc has is moore and his fmily moved into the district...owens has been going to scc for years so no there wasn't any big move ins lol everytime scc beats a team its because they recruit , 7th hour practice,or some sorry *** excuse..just say it scc was the better team and go on with it,,,,i can promise you when scc looses and yes they will. I will be congrats the other team peace out

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 8:30 AM

Except last year when they lost the conference tournament and went straight to the locker room.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 12:25 PM
  • I'm just glad the assistant coach for scc wasn't the ref again so at leasts it's fair for whoever they play

-- Posted by Sports guy on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 1:50 PM
  • They should have just Oran's hands at halftime if I remember correctly... Nobody even brought up Owens name kmasters. Why single him out? I agree though SCC is the better team.

@hoopster, that was a Jr. High Conf. game. One of two games both teams lost in one night, the other Sikeston. SCC was not even a factor come the Conf. Tourn either. The game doesn't sound like it would be controlled by the officiating does it? Besides doesn't he have every right to ref?? By the way, I'm in a sarcastic mood foday.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 2:06 PM
  • If I remember right he gave shoemaker his first technical of his career too..coincidence?!

-- Posted by Sports guy on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 2:16 PM
  • SCC has always been known to bend the rules or stack the deck in their favor one way or another. They have recruited players, established fake residences and encouraged dirty play. Its a SCC tradition.

-- Posted by BLARNEY CARNEY on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 2:24 PM
  • blar·ney noun \ˈblär-nē\

: talk that is not true but that is nice and somewhat funny and that may be used to trick you

-- Posted by igobybob on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 3:36 PM
  • The only SCC tradition I know is WINNING. They have by far been the cream of the crop in SEMO basketball for the past 40 years.

-- Posted by butkus on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 3:44 PM
  • you got me...my lifes ambition is to deceive everyone about the integrity of the SCC athletic program.

-- Posted by BLARNEY CARNEY on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 3:46 PM
  • WINNING no matter what it takes in other words

-- Posted by BLARNEY CARNEY on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 3:51 PM
  • Barney, I am gonna bite on this one. As I have kept asking gostlrams and uncle Charlie, please give a sample of your allegations. I get so amused with people that are jealous and try to bring others down to their level instead of elevating themselves.

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 7:22 PM
  • uncle you need to read all post and yes owens name was mention,,,,, but keep grasping.... and I was at the game oran and woodland it wasn't any where close to being a defensive game...come on man get real....

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 7:55 PM
  • Okay well I'll need you to show me. 45 points is not a good defensive game against a athletic Woodland team? I'm sorry. I'm fairly confident your Braves would have similiar defensive numbers against Woodland.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 8:13 PM
  • there was a lot of miss shots and unforced turnovers from the game I watch just sayn sorry but that is what I saw...don't get me wrong oran is good and will get better,but I thought they would keep it a closer game against cape though, but they didn't I bet your bracket got busted on that uncle.... and guess what I picked nd over scc right now I see nd as the better team... hope im wrong and my bracket gets busted that would be fine with me lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 8:41 PM
  • I took Cape kmasters along with 90% on the nation. A $300 gift card is no joke...

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 9:20 PM
  • how bout those braves unclecharlie I guess you had them to lol....

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:21 PM
  • Didn't take SCC but took Cape.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:26 PM
  • Where them Braves doubters at???!!!!

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:27 PM
  • kmasters took Notre Dame over the Braves. He must be a doubter.

-- Posted by butkus on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:29 PM
  • not a doubter butkus guess you like jumping on a band wagon with other trolls hahahahahahahaha

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:38 PM
  • Scc braves over ND

-- Posted by DR.BBALL on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:38 PM
  • what a game !!!!!!! scc didn't let the size mismatch bother them good job boys, I will have a busted bracket for a win job well done braves

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:39 PM
  • Not a doubter? Why did you pick Notre Dame?

-- Posted by butkus on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:40 PM
  • cause I can hahahahaha even being a die hard scc fan I thought nd was the better team, which they wasn't tonite, I thought there inside game was alittle better than ours coming into the game tonite I knew our guards could match theres and I figured nd would feed it inside which they didn't and we won tonite now next game it can be a different out come, but hope not lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:48 PM
  • and by the way do you see my name even in the contest lol nope it isn't and before you say it no I don't go under a different name, I don't hide behind fake names I let people know who I am lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:50 PM
  • I will accept that explanation.

-- Posted by butkus on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 10:52 PM
  • what are peoples thoughts on the oran and chaffee game????

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:04 PM
  • what class is chaffee? I think they are 2a but not sure

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:07 PM
  • What are peoples thoughts on the SCC/Jackson game?

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:13 PM
  • Jackson by double digets

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:15 PM
  • but scc is just a small 1a school noway they can beat A 5A SCHOOL HUH UNCLECHARLIE lol wasn't that your logic on cape and oran hahahahaha

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:17 PM
  • I'd expect Jackson by double digits. But I expected ND by double digits tonight, so what the hell do I know?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:18 PM
  • no for real I have said Jackson would win this tourney this year they are tough,,,their size I don't see anybody matching up to it uncle

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:19 PM
  • what do you think pat ??????? lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:22 PM
  • No my logic to the Oran game was getting ate up on the boards and inside while not taking care of the ball which happens a lot when a smaller school matches up with a larger school. If the point of this is for me to admit SCC is an exception because their a good team then there you have it.

I'm done trolling with you until the forums slow down.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:23 PM
  • The move-ins paid off for SCC tonight, with the game winning basket

-- Posted by airmaxx on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:26 PM
  • lol @ airmaxx

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:32 PM
  • its all in fun pat that's all

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:34 PM
  • I heard he is an out of state recruit. From up north somewhere. Lol

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:34 PM
  • Who's Pat?

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:35 PM
  • Vanduser2000, I think he came from Perryville

-- Posted by airmaxx on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:36 PM
  • nope Kansas city and duke has already signed him

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:38 PM
  • Did that Powerhouse(Oran) win tonight

-- Posted by airmaxx on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:40 PM
  • Airmaxx, I can't keep up with all of the recruits. They come from all over the country.

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:41 PM
  • didn't ya see coach k setting in the bleachers and then after the game went and talked to him it was awesome

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:42 PM
  • no airmaxx but it was close

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:43 PM
  • Kmasters, I thought he was there scouting that powerhouse Oran

-- Posted by airmaxx on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:45 PM
  • Does Oran recruit too?

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:49 PM
  • Only in baseball,lol

-- Posted by airmaxx on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:51 PM
  • lol no scouting our move ins lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:57 PM
  • One year of 3 30 point blowouts is all it took to take us to the point we're at today, two of which were at Da Braves house. Never thought I would see that in my lifetime to be quite honest, but nonetheless SCC's mannerism on the court along with what they done to us in the past just made it more luxurious to watch. SCC will have to knock Oran off in baseball to get us back IMO but until hell freezes keep talking and living up to a typical Vanduser/SCC sterotype.

I've never seen a team single handly prioritize a team like SCC has this year for Oran and I love it. Oran sounds to have a program on the rise over the past 3-5 years.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 7:33 AM
  • Thank you for proving me right again SCC.

-- Posted by gostlrams on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 7:35 AM

Huge win for SCC. At this moment it appears they have separated themselves from the pack for best small school team. Hayti surprisingly struggled with Dexter last night, but they still got the win. Bernie had a nice win over TR. TR if you remember beat Dexter by 30 about a week ago at Dexter. The Bernie v Hayti game will be fun tonight. South Pem v Kennett will be as well. SCC beating Kennett without Banks also speaks volumes for SCC team.

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 9:34 AM
  • By mannerisms, I am assCharlie ou are talking about the hard work and intensity scc shows on the court? I hope you are right about Oran though. I would love to see them do well. That is where we are different from the rest of y'all. We encourage local success while you demonize it.

And gostlrams what did charlie say that proves you right?

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 9:48 AM
  • 643, no doubt that Scott Central has the top spot at this point. They look more and more impressive as the season progresses.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 9:55 AM
  • 643, no doubt that Scott Central has the top spot at this point. They look more and more impressive as the season progresses.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 9:55 AM
  • good luck all semo teams today!!!!!! go scc

-- Posted by kmasters on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 10:00 AM
  • im really torn between chaffee and orans game today guess I will flip a coin lol

-- Posted by kmasters on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 10:15 AM
  • Chaffee-Oran should be a really good game today. I'm with kmasters-flip a coin.

-- Posted by butkus on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 10:24 AM
  • And that was supposed to say assume, not what it did.lol

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 10:37 AM
  • 6432 I believe I have to agree with you on SCC, they would have to be at #1..

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 11:00 AM
  • it will come down to if Chaffee wants up bend their knees a bit and play some defense and be active or play lazy defense. Bc if they play lazy defense Schlosser, priggel, and Ressel will each sport about 5 threes. If they play defense Chaffee will be there in the end.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 12:26 PM
  • Anyone think South Pem has any chance at upsetting Kennett in the Bloomfield tourney?

-- Posted by Shank on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 12:55 PM
  • I agree fallsohard. The way Oran's been shooting, you might not even need to guard them however. I'm taking Oran in game 1 of the Oran/Chaffee series this year. Chaffee hasn't played a good enough defensive game all year to beat Oran IMO.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 1:05 PM

South Pem has a chance, I wouldn't pick them to win, but it wouldn't totally shock me if they pulled it off. I will predict Kennett by 8-14 points.

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 2:20 PM
  • and Chaffee spent 27 of the 32 minutes jogging back on defense and not blocking out. quite sad with the fact they only lost by 5 and played with that energy and effort for much of the game.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 5:50 PM
  • And how do you take out you leading scorer down 3 with 50 seconds left?

-- Posted by deadred on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 5:55 PM
  • If Chaffee decides, not learns, bc it it coached, to play defense and block out they'll win districts. Or they may lose by 20 if they don't.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 6:05 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: