Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: FOXMIDWESTPORTSLIVE: Charleston (vs) Madison@Hillsboro,Saturday

Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 9:19 AM:

Replies (51)

Do you understand what the space bar is?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 9:30 AM
  • AND THE CAPS LOCK!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 10:34 AM
  • I think he's excited and a little over zealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait was that too many exclamation points? lol

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 11:21 AM
  • Yah LU is always very enthusiastic!! Gotta admire his spunk!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 11:24 AM

It's crazy that if a Charleston fan says something out of the way that isn't really neccessary they seemed to get their butts chewed but ya'll can act like punks on here all day

-- Posted by mz259 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 11:43 AM
  • What time is the game?

-- Posted by kdjones on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 11:45 AM

-- Posted by mz259 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 11:48 AM
  • Cmon mz we love LU!! Gotta have a little fun! And i can assure most of us nonjayz are rootn for ur boyz to get another ring.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 12:12 PM

Madison without a problem .MRH beat SHS.SHS beat CHS twice.Madison will have to much fire power and Madison defense will be just as stellar or even better than SHS played on CHS being its win or go home. NOt saying CHS wont go all out but I think the SEMO recruit guard PAYNE will be to much to handle.Best of luck to all.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 1:37 PM
  • Ur right stl, madison is probably favored by doubledigits. Farmer and the jayz wont care though and theyll come out and play like defending champs. Madison is very strong and very deep though, they are definitely a class 5 caliber team.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 1:43 PM
  • My opinion charleston has a good chance. Everyone plays their best this time of year and Charleston players are fighters and I'm sure Parham will step up. Would love to see this game and u never know I just might make the drive.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 2:25 PM

I said that CHS will fight BROWN.Its play off so teams will lay it all out.I believe that Corey is a better guard tham parham.Not saying that CHS has slackers.It will be a good game i just see Madison winning..So fight on. I stayed off semoball because of non sense that goes on. At times i probably played a part but real talk Brown its all about views mine wont be yours yours wont be mine. we will see.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 3:22 PM
  • This game wont be close, I'm with Stlfan38, good to see you back.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 3:54 PM

I say 7 I know the god ol Blue wont go down without a fight.Last year came dwn to some officiating as well Brown one better call in CHS favor.They had some calls against them but the last one gave them the chance to fight on. So the teams will play we just have to see how well the refs let them play.Refs are differant up North.Fouling out doesnt mean you arent good it cold be chiipy or aggreassive.No one will ever agree on that one because most fans agree that most fouls that are called on there team is wrong....LOL Parham gets aot done so many people talk about a player that doesnt score much but hustle and being a team player doesnt shoe on the stat sheet. So parham is a great guard i think payne is stronger and also a senior player that has played since his freshman year.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 4:41 PM
  • Brown my prediction is Madison by 16.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 5:27 PM
  • ^^^^^^^ A nice sensible nonbashing post, theres hope for everyone scotty!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 5:38 PM
  • Charleston by 1!

-- Posted by UFO on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 8:21 PM
  • Parham has played varsity since his freshman season. Talk all u want,we will see come Saturday. Like I said before,southeast mo.has talent in basketball and sends a team to the final four every year. But some guys on here r just haters,sad and stupid. These kids in the semo area r just as good as ur recruited teams that y'all say just can't be beat. By the way,look at my boy:O. PORTER JR,having a hell of a year in the BIG EAST. Its funny,li'scott said earlier that Porter wasn't putting up Pro-like numbers. Now,since he is up for player of t year in the BIG EAST,high draft choice and national player of the year,u know-it-all's r quiet. That figures......

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 8:46 PM
  • Dad gum where did you go to school peco? I cant even decipher that post, come on lay of the chronic or learn proper english. Your post reminds me of my 13 year old neice texting me the other day.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 9:44 PM
  • Hope I'm wrong, but Madison by 15-20. If Charleston comes out as uninspired as they did against Clearwater they'll lose by 40.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 9:48 PM
  • Don't play crazy,you know what's up!

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 9:49 PM
  • Do you mean lay off or of,teacher?

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 9:52 PM
  • By 40,are you serious?

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 9:55 PM

pe co85 is a deleted post that that got a new email and new name.has the same blah blah that got him deleted you can just tell by how mad he gets at anything u say about a certain team.Semo area has good players probably dont get as much credit because they are down here in no mans land so to speak. as good as ott was in high school he only got noticed his senior year

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 10:17 PM
  • Yeah, I'm serious. In the first quarter of that game Charleston looked like they'd rather have been at the dentist or a funeral. They stepped up, but it was tough to watch at first.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 10:28 PM
  • Scotty, I will help you out. pe-co pointed out that you said Otto was not an NBA talent. Your response was to question where pe-co went to school. If you feel inclined to spew your opinion, don't get offended and attack someone for calling you on it.

-- Posted by Swish on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 10:38 PM
  • stlfan38, do you know anyone else who is a deleted poster and has a new name? Do you need a hint? I pray I spelled everything correctly!

-- Posted by Swish on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 10:47 PM
  • Pe-Co85 is the same person from last year. I'm not mad at all. It's just funny how some of you guys talk down on the basketball talent in this area. But come March,there are always teams in Columbia from this li poor area.lol

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 10:53 PM
  • "What do you mean by 'you people'?"

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 10:56 PM
  • I'm from Charleston,Southeast Missouri. The new hoop hotbed area.

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 10:57 PM
  • The people that say the talent is down in Southeast Missouri in basketball.

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Thu, Feb 28, 2013, at 11:00 PM
  • Southeast Missouri lacks centers. I predict Madison wins this one.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 2:54 AM

When you've won over a dozen state titles, I'm guessing the rest of the state isn't overlooking you!

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 3:26 PM
  • Madison looked awful good. I know I'll get tarred and feathered for this but I say Madison by 20+. However, I will be rooting for the Jays cause that's how I roll. I'm a SEMO homer this time of year. I just think that Madison is a totally different animal. Good luck Jays!!! Go Dawgs!!!!

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 5:56 PM
  • Charleston will get beat by turbo clock if they don't watch it .Madison prep is the real deal...

-- Posted by dickie v on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 6:44 PM
  • Im fairly certain jayz woulda beaten madison/imagine lastyear but i guess maybe madison has improved while perhaps jayz not quite as strong as last year. We shall find out soon!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 6:52 PM
  • I'm in need of a little assist here... For u with DirecTV .. what does it say in the time slot for this game? I'm hoping it airs but there is something completely different listed for me..

-- Posted by URNAMEHERE89 on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 9:11 PM

I believe the game is online at foxsportsmidwest.com Prep Zone, UR.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 9:16 PM
  • stlfan38 and stlscott I only wish I were as smart as you. Neither of you know jack about basketball!

-- Posted by praiseman on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 9:21 PM
  • Oh ... Don't I feel like jack Nicholson in "a few good men" .. I see that CBC Desmet game is airing @ 830 sat so I'm guessing the Charleston game will re-air on ch 671 also...

-- Posted by URNAMEHERE89 on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 9:29 PM
  • I hope my phone can pick it up.. gonna b 80 degrees tomorrow and I have tickets to see Pujols go up against the brewers around the same time the jays pull off this upset..

-- Posted by URNAMEHERE89 on Fri, Mar 1, 2013, at 11:55 PM
  • Anyone know if this is going to be on radio?

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 9:01 AM

Charleston will not be turbo-clocked!!! What will Coach Farmer tell his troops before they take the floor, IVE HEARD IT BEFORE.

"Guys, this is for all the marbles. It's a safe bet to say that this is the STATE TITLE GAME right here. Many many people expect us to git DESTROYED, but what do you guys think? Now let's go out here and remember our fundamentals and play hard for 32 minutes. You know who you are.....THE DEFENDING CLASS 3 CHAMPIONS. From the tip, lets apply the defensive pressure, lets dictate the game throughout. WIN OR LOSE, lets leave it all on the floor. LETS GIT IT UP.DEFENSE ON 3...1, 2, 3 DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 10:29 AM
  • Charleston game will be on 107.1fm and the SCC game will be in 1520am and 98.9fm

-- Posted by mandm96 on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 10:33 AM
  • Thanks

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 10:38 AM
  • Can iphones be used to watch this game? I just got one and noticed it allows me to watch some streamings but not others.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 10:54 AM
  • A lot has been said about how talented Madison Prep is; however, very little has been said about this group of seniors. They have played together as a team since 7th grade. The Jays play their best basketball this time of year. They will D it up and show Madison what one team with one heart with one focus can do. Jays will make their third straight trip to the Final Four.

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 10:58 AM
  • No Problem TFA. And just FYI...Oran will be on 107.1 as well at 6pm

-- Posted by mandm96 on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 11:00 AM

PraiseMan please dude. I have said nutting foul. I jus stated that I believe Madison would win. I haven't been on all year the minute I make I say sumthin here u go.. Dude.. Half the nobody on this site has basketball sense let u yell it..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 12:29 PM

I do wish the jays the best luck farmer will have the guys ready to play..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 12:34 PM
  • What time is the game it's not on now

-- Posted by yaeger on Sat, Mar 2, 2013, at 1:14 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: