Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: Class 1-3 Sectional Predictions Statewide

Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Feb 25, 2013, at 5:44 PM:

I just figured this would be a good place for those of us who like to keep up with statewide playoffs to predict and discuss the entire slate of games. I will post every Class 1-3 matchup and encourage any who want to give their predictions and we will see who does the best. Also, use this thread to discuss your Final Four thoughts, out of area games, etc. The games are listed in bracket order so every set of two matchups are quarterfinal pairs.

Class 1

Risco vs SCC

Eminence vs Hurley

Fair Play vs Macks Creek

Drexel vs Pilot Grove

Glasgow vs Marion County

Meadville vs Hale

Wellington-Napoleon vs North Andrew

Stanberry vs Rockport

Class 2

Bernie vs Winona

Oran vs Elsberry

Canton vs Northeast (Cairo)

Salisbury vs Russellville

Iberia vs Dora

Crane vs Pierce City

Skyline vs Sacred Heart

West Platte vs Albany

Class 3

Charleston vs Clearwater

Madison Prep vs Maplewood-Richmond Heights

Lutheran North vs Christian

Highland vs Southern Boone

Fatima vs Hartville

Strafford vs Seneca

Butler vs Lafayette County

St. Pius X (Kansas City) vs Maryville

Replies (11)

Class 1

SCC

Eminence

Fair Play

Drexel

Glasgow

Meadville

Wellington-Napoleon

Stanberry

Class 2

Bernie

Oran

Canton

Salisbury

Iberia

Crane

Sacred Heart

West Platte

Class 3

Charleston

Madison Prep

Lutheran North

Southern Boone

Fatima

Strafford

Lafayette County

St. Pius X

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Feb 25, 2013, at 5:47 PM
  • Sideline, great thread but I just don't know enough about most of these schools to even make an educated guess. I will only say I think it's a shame that the top 3 teams in Class 3 (Charleston, MRH, and Madison Prep) will meet so early in the playoffs and two of the three teams will be out by Saturday. That really opens things up for the teams on the bottom half of the bracket.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Feb 25, 2013, at 6:11 PM
  • SCC over Eminence

Drexel over Fair Play

Glasgow over Meadville

Wellington over Stanberry

Oran over Bernie

Salisbury over Canton

Crane over Iberia

West Platte over Sacred Heart

Charleston over MP

Lutheran North over Southern Boone

Strafford over Fatima

Lafayette County over St. Pius

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Mon, Feb 25, 2013, at 7:14 PM
  • Yep, it sucks that by next week 2 of the Top 3 teams in class 3 will be done for the season.

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Mon, Feb 25, 2013, at 7:18 PM
  • It will be interesting to see which team wins the Fair Play-Macks Creek game in Class 1.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Feb 25, 2013, at 8:00 PM
  • Thoughts on if Salisbury will go all the way in the Class 2 boys bracket?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Feb 25, 2013, at 8:02 PM
  • Macks creek beat Fair Play by 16 just over a couple weeks ago at Far Play, according to schedules. That one could go either way.

-- Posted by twilightzone on Mon, Feb 25, 2013, at 8:52 PM

Well, still a few games to be played tomorrow but so far I am 5 for 5 in Class 1, 4 for 6 in Class 2 and 8 for 8 in Class 3.

Quarterfinal pairings:

Class 1

SCC vs Eminence

Fair Play vs Drexel/Pilot Grove

Glasgow/Marion County vs Meadville/Hale

Wellington-Napoleon vs Stanberry

Class 2

Winona vs Oran

Canton vs Salisbury

Iberia vs Pierce City

Skyline/Sacred Heart vs West Platte/Albany

Class 3

Charleston vs Madison Prep

Lutheran North vs Southern Boone

Fatima vs Strafford

Lafayette County vs St. Pius X

I will post a similar thread for the quarterfinals after the matchups are set tomorrow.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 9:56 PM
  • Read all scotty's stuff on another thread and just thought it would be appropriate to remind everyone:

Since Scotty likes facts so much, here are the FACTS on him and his resume

I read a lot on this site but I don't comment to much. I just can't see where Scott and them were coming from earlier saying that the talent in semo is down. To have two champs and a third place team I'll take that down year anytime.-- Posted bymz259on Sat, Mar 17, 2012, at 11:18 PM

*This is to punktail scott,HOW BOUT THEM BLUEJAYS!!!!!! Man forget eating crow,scott should be ashamed of himself talking bout theses kids from the bootheel. If I had a chance to see him in person,............ But that shows you what kind of person he is-- Posted bype-co85on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 5:32 PM

* scott....your verbage has changed....that one word, "thought" is quite different from your original statement of "fact" that I called you out on.I would never have called you out had you said you "thought" Hogan Prep would win, but you said it was a "fact" that Hogan Prep would win. Therefore, I have a zantac for you when that crow starts burning up your gut!!-- Posted bybirdfanon Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 9:51 AM

*Hey Scott! Is Charleston still not the best team in the state!?-- Posted bybluejayprideon Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 1:20 AM

* Mr Scott, parkway central band member & quiz bowl champ!!! I'm use this term, wanna hear it, here it go... Scott is a guy that likes hate & hate for the sake of hating!!! Well tell cam b & Ritter, tell mrh, & LN that we running this %#€£ for the 11th time, 2nd most in state history!!

* I have read all the (Charleston is not that good) talk all year long from you Scott. And even in defeat you will not admit Charleston is at least a good team. You my friend have lost all credibility on semoball. You can go away now.-- Posted bymule1993on Sun, Mar 18, 2012, at 5:15 PM

Read all scottys stuff on another thread. Just so everyone is reminded:

* You didn't "think", scott....you said it was "fact"....yes, you've lost credibility...you get on here with your condescending tone like no one else knows nearly as much as you about basketball or can judge talent the way you can. Why don't you find a Post Dispatch blog to play on.-- Posted bybirdfanon Mon, Mar 19, 2012, at 8:59 AM

But here he is again - The 2012-13 version. I have to give him one thing - he is consistent and when you are consistent odds are you will sometimes be right. Eventually the sun shines on every dog's tail.

Also interested if his NBA expertise has changed on Otto? He said something to the effect that he is not on that level. Can you say Lottery Pick?

-- Posted by Swish on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 11:06 PM
  • Swish, I've been critical of stlscott too, but did he post on this thread? Why post that stuff here?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 11:09 PM

Yeah, what does Scott have to do with this?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 11:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: