[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (71) More threads Create thread

Week of 2/10/13 Unofficial Small School Power Rankings
Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:13 PM:

Welcome back to another edition of UC's Small School Power Rankings. We saw last week's number 1 team get beat on Tuesday which opens the door for futher debate as the rankings are altered significally from last week. Also, Make sure to tune in next week as it will be my last regular season poll. Without any further action:

1. Hayti

2. Leopold

3. Bernie

4. Oran

5. Advance

6. Holcomb

7. Portageville

8. South Pemiscot

9. Oak Ridge

10. Chaffee

Bubble: SCC, Bloomfield, St. Vincent

Replies

My apologies, I had Leopold at 1 last week, I read that wrong. Hayti moved into the one spot this week with a convincing win against a tough Bernie team.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:23 PM

bloomfield should no be listed as a bubble team, considering they lost to a very, very, very weak Gideon team, that is unexcusable

-- Posted by kdjones on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:25 PM

Risco should be listed as a bubble team before bloomfield

-- Posted by kdjones on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:28 PM

I would still have Leopold at #1 and Risco at #10 over Chaffee.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:33 PM

Good point, I forgot about Bloomfield losing to Gideon. How did that happen by the way? I know they shot about 50-75% it seemed like from behind the arc in the 4th quarter against Oran, so was it a bad shooting night or what? That's beyond a bad loss for Bloomfield with how good they have been playing and with districts starting next week.

Also, Puxico has just as good of a case as Risco to make the poll IMO.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:36 PM

Chaffee would beat Risco by double digits IMO. I mean, they've lost to Oran and Advance by 40 points each and Chaffee has played Oran and Advance each twice to around 10 points, so the evidence is clearly there as to why Chaffee is ranked higher than Risco.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:40 PM

Now if you want to go down the route that Risco has played Holcomb to single digits twice, fair enough, but Holcomb is lucky to score over 60-65 points a game. They're a defensive minded team with below average offense outside of Massey. They don't have the ability to go out and score 80 a night, beating a team by 30, they win games fundamentally.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:44 PM

Who beat leopold

-- Posted by yaeger on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:57 PM

Nobody since the Christmas tournament!

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:16 PM

Notre dame and Advance!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:19 PM

Hayti and Leopold should be switched around!

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:21 PM

IMO Leopold should be number 1 still! Risco def not deserving of top ten tho. Too inconsistent right now. Definitely don't think Bloomfield is better than Risco, Clarkton or maybe even Naylor!

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:25 PM

No, Hayti and Leopold should not be switched around.

question. Would you rather be that team that is riding a hot winning streak or has maybe only lost 1 game in a while or that team that has lost some, but has been tested night in and night out? We are finding out by watching the NCAA basketball that polls are about as worthless as a rubber band is to a logger.

Risco is playing much better now, than they were when they played Oran and Leopold. They are not better than those 2 teams, but they are playing much more competitively now.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:32 PM

Unc says that last weeks #1 which was leopold got beat Tuesday

-- Posted by yaeger on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:37 PM

Leopold is 20-2 with the only losses to Notre Dame and advance. And I agree that they should be #1. And jwhitlock I believe Risco lost by 50 to leopold a month or so ago

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:49 PM

January 5 Risco lost 87-39 to leopold

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:53 PM

I ain't even tryin to be rude. And I'm gonna say this with as much cooth as I know how to. But some of y'all sound like y'all ain't got no sense. Who did hayti beat last year after they won districts? Was it Oran or advance? They beat em by like 30 or more didn't they? Anyways point being. Leopold, Oran, advance...none of these teams should be above hayti Bernie or portageville. None of em. None of them teams can play aggressive fast paced super athletic basketball. If they could. I know there's gonna be some folks talk a lot of head. And prolly some to get mad. But y'all just talk crazy. Cuz most of y'all prolly haven't ever picked up a basketball in your life. Your just fans and that it. So get mad. But y'all need to realize things ain't cut n dry n basketball. Ite...now lets hear y'all's hater comments.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:05 PM

I believe you just provided the hater comment.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:07 PM

Haha naw bro. I provided a GET REAL comment.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:08 PM

Some of y'all needed to take a trip down to the river to be baptized and cleansed cuz y'all were talkin crazy. Haha I just had to take y'all there. Now what kind of person would I be if I just let y'all talk ridiculous. When folks ain't right things go wrong. Haha.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:11 PM

Realbootheal obviously hasn't left the boot heel! Wow

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:14 PM

Haha I've been all over these great United States. Haha I've lived in California and Tennessee. But ur right maybe u can teach me somethin about big city livin. Hah ain't u from Leopold. Haha boy boy boy. Bet you got lots of real world experiences to hand down aint you? Haha.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:17 PM

Not from leopold, any 1 of these teams could beat the other on any night, you just talk like a fool is what I'm saying

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:21 PM

District 2 winner cannot compete with district 1 winner in class 2 I don't believe either they don't play the competition as the southern schools IMO

-- Posted by yaeger on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:23 PM

Hahahahaha if you honestly think Chaffee, oak ridge, Leopold, or advance can beat hayti or portageville you out of your mind. Literally. I'll be prayin for ya. Cuz u ain't right.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:24 PM

THANK YOU YAEGER. Finally somebody with some stinkin sense.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:25 PM

Yaeger i don't know if you mean distict 3 winner or not but distict 2 winner took hayti to 3 ot's last year!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:30 PM

Your right bootheel, probly not Chaffee or oak ridge, but advance and leopold would beat your portageville team, that's obviously where your from lol

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:37 PM

I have NEVER tried to hide where I'm from. Ever haha. You still ain't talkin right. I'm tryna help you out. Keep you from lookin stupid. Guess it aint workin. Haha

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:39 PM

Words for the wise:

When you've never seen a play once in a season, it's pretty ludacris to talk about that team's ability/talent. It's simple logic honestly.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:50 PM

I see your team beat Scott city by 5, I watched leopold turbo click them bootheel, what's your excuse on that one

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:50 PM

And I agree uncle Charlie, great job on the rankings to I read them every week!

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:52 PM

I'm on record stating that I hope Leopold wins their first district title this year. However, Leopold fans might want to just chill. That squad doesn't need any added pressure that can come with the bullseye that is already on their back.

Leopold will have to raise their game to get past the likes of Eminence and South Iron. South Iron is battle tested. They have played, among others Poplar bluff, Farmington, and caruthersville to name a few.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:54 PM

I agree jwhitlock eminence and south iron will be tough, still gotta win the district first and you never know what SCC will do especially on there home floor!

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:56 PM

I don't see Leopold having any problems in their district but will be a battle with either South Iron or Eminence! Winner of that game could n hopefully will win state in class 1! As far as class 2 goes its anyone's to win! Not gonna even attempt a prediction but can't wait to watch it unfold!

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:10 PM

Hahaha this mm81 person is a wild boy....your statement about how we beat Scott city by 5 an y'all turbo clocked just showed ur butt. Haha. That ain't never a good way to compare teams haha. I ain't gonna make excuses for portageville cuz at the end of the night we still beat Scott city and I'll let my team speak for themselves. Who dat talkin bout WHOOPIN dem dogs...who dat who dat. Haha it aint Leopold. Can guarantee that.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:10 PM

For sure jp... were gonna have some awesome games in class 2 district 1 starting with round 1.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:12 PM

Realbootheel, get out from under the rock your living in and go watch advance Oran or Leopold.. all 3 could beat Portageville.. You beat SC by 5 like pointed out earlier bc SC had guys missing that game.. So real impressive.. You guys get talking in every sport you have success in.. Go look at the football forums.. Ran the mouth n got smashed by Valle.. take a step back and don't set yourself up to look like a clown.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:25 PM

The only people lookin like clowns are y'all. I ain't never said beating Scott city was impressive haha. I just said we got the win. So ur stupid for that. And I ain't never ern on a football forum in my life cuz I ain't a football man I'm a basketball man through and through. So u clumping me in with the Pville football fans is like saying all English have bad teeth. So ur an idiot for that. And we ain't had little success in basketball since the 80s haha early 80s. Five state championships and the latest one being in 2009. So ur stupid for that. Why's it ok for y'all hillbillys to give y'all's opinion but when I do I'm a dumb swamprat who lives under a rock. Grow up man. U mad bro? Naw u ain't mad. Ur just stupid. Best of luck to you an y'alls in districts and further.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:33 PM

When's Oran, advance, or Leopold last state championship?? Just wondering. And just like the folks from portageville should have respected Valles football program you should respect portagevilles basketball program. We breed basketball champions down here in the bootheel from charleston all the way down to portageville. So hold ur tongue bro. Ur out of your league. In multiple aspects.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:41 PM

Has to be a high school kid. No adult could be this stupid.

-- Posted by gostlrams on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:57 PM

Nope I'm an adult. Maybe I am stupid but who cares haha.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 10:59 PM

Was thinkin the sane thing gostlrams

-- Posted by mm81 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 11:02 PM

Please please please don't call me a kid. That's that stuff that REALLY hurts me. :( haha y'all got me man. Y'all called me a kid. Haha. After all the things I asked u called me a kid. Haha. Smh.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 11:06 PM

He did spell real, bootheel, and basketball right. He seems to be quiet fluent with the words ain't and haha, so there's a start.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 11:47 PM

Did I spell it correctly? Or did I spell it incorrectly and autocorrect fixed my mistake? Haha y'all ain't never gonna know...haha

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 11:53 PM

I still think Leopold does not play well in a large gym and that will hurt them if they make it to state.

-- Posted by igobybob on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 6:28 AM

he also starts several sentences with and and so, both not good techniques

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 7:42 AM

n to all posters by his logic about state championships I am the only poster allowed to talk football bc Chaffee has won a state title.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 8:03 AM

Uncle Charlie,

You are generally correct about Holcomb. However this style is generally by choice. They tend to take control of the tempo of the game and that usually means low scores. However they CAN score alot of points against good teams if they need to. They beat Kennett 75-71 in the finals of the BCT.

-- Posted by No sir on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 8:11 AM

Leopold should be #1.

I realize that Hayti is an athletic team that plays a really tough schedule, but Leopold has done nothing but win since December.

Top 5 or 6 teams on this list could win or lose against each other on any given today.

With that being said. Leopold has won day in and day out.

I believe Leopold is capable of a deep class 1 run.

-- Posted by UFO on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 8:44 AM

I have no problem with your rankings this week Uncle Charlie. But saying Hayti had a "convincing" win over Bernie was incorrect. I was at that game and it was very close for 90% of the game. Bernie put several 3 point shooters in the last minute or so and Hayti got several long rebounds that turned into lay ups. They tacked on 6 or 8 points right at the end. Hayti won, but certainly not convincing. It was a 4 or 5 point game they won on their home floor.

-- Posted by paulm on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 11:12 AM

I agree paulm. but hats off to Hayti.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 11:34 AM

I always had a coach that told me I don't want excuses, I want results.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 1:37 AM

Amen

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 1:52 AM

If you two guys think that was making a excuse then your not as smart as thought you were. How in the heck can you stating that Hayti's win was not convincing was making any excuse?? When you say someone was convincingly, you indicating that they left no doubt who the best team. That was not even close to being true. It's obvious that you were not there, but you said that anyway. Hard to take you serious.

-- Posted by paulm on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 7:44 AM

I'm with Uncle C on this Excuse deal...

The Winner Played Better. Period.

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 7:46 AM

Bernie has given results 2 of the last 3 years! enough said.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 7:48 AM

BTW. Every Win is Convincing.

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 7:48 AM

No one is disrespecting Bernie.

Bernie is one of the Best programs in Southeast Missouri and we all know it.

However, A win is a win. A loss is a loss.

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 7:50 AM

I ain't sayin nothin. I just liked what he said. It was a nice little quote. So I thru in an amen! Anyways. In other news. Tonight is portagevilles senior night. Y'all should come down. My brother is a senior. I want the place to be packed. Haha. Hope y'all have a good day! Peace out homies!

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 8:02 AM

UFO i agree!

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 8:43 AM

Quite frankly Mr. Paul anytime you beat a good team that's a convincing win IMO and last time I checked Bernie was a good team. I'm sorry our terminology on the word convincing does not match-up.

I never said I was there but by the way you gave a play-by-play in your previous post there seems to be no need.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 8:44 AM

Never count bernie out they are in it to win it.

-- Posted by Royal Flush on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 8:55 AM

Holcomb hornets are going to make a run for the district to.Good ball team.

-- Posted by Royal Flush on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 8:59 AM

Looks like Bernie will be playing Holcomb in semi finals of district if it plays out like it should

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 9:08 AM

Thank you Uncle Charlie! I always enjoyed your work on My Three Sons.

-- Posted by paulm on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 10:59 AM

The matchups in the semis will be IDENTICAL to last year barring a first round upset. And for those who were there, we all remember what great games those were. From Hunter Turner's buzzer beater to beat top seeded Portageville, to Jamie Massey's monster 29pt/15rb game to knock off 2 time defending Final Four contestant Bernie in overtime. Should be an awesome night of basketball.

-- Posted by No sir on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 11:05 AM

No Sir that was a great, great night of basketball last year. That whole district tournament was great.

-- Posted by paulm on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 11:17 AM

It was a sad night for Pville haha. My heart almost came outta my throat haha.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 11:19 AM

Yes it was. And just when I thought it couldn't be topped, the finals the next night were just as wild as Holcomb and Hayti went into overtime as well.

-- Posted by No sir on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 11:36 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.