[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (25) More threads Create thread

Best SEMO HS Basketball team right now?
Posted by eagle agent 00 on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:05 AM:

Been a long time since I've been on here, but I just want to know who do you guys think are the best in our area right now??

My list:

1. Sikeston (of course)

2. Charleston

3. NMCC

4. ND

5. Risco

I would also like to point out that the SEMO conference is the best conference in Southeast Missouri (kinda like the SEC of Semo hoops) any thoughts?

Replies

Uh, #5..... seriously? I think you might have over-looked Hayti, Bernie, Holcomb, Poplar Bluff, Cape Central, Portageville, Kennett, Jackson, and a host of others that would (or should) be ranked ahead of them!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:26 AM

Going into districts, you may want to ask who is the best in each class now.

-- Posted by deervalley on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:34 AM

Sikeston and Charleston are clearly the best two teams in the area, but Notre Dame and Risco are nowhere close to being in the Top 5.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:42 AM

Right now, the top three are Sikeston, Charleston, New Madrid in that order. A lot of teams could make a claim to four and five. Amongst them would be Kennett, Jackson, Poplar Bluff, Cape Central, Leopold, Oran, and others.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 1:24 PM

If u think Risco in the top 5 u havnt been here in a while

-- Posted by sikeston train on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 1:46 PM

Where is Cape? I haven't ever heard of Risco (I'm assuming it is a smaller school.) Is this suppose to be serious or just to get people to comment on how poorly that top 5 is...?

-- Posted by bball_hs on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 1:53 PM

you must be from Risco, because if you are not just being a "homer", you need to get your head checkecd if you think they are in the top five teams in SEMO, seriously!!!!

-- Posted by kdjones on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 4:02 PM

Just think the list could

1 zalma

2 Marquand

3 south land

4 meadow heights

5 woodland

We'll someday it could be no disrespect to those schools but one day it could happen

-- Posted by B-ball-fan on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 7:26 PM

Risco? Seriously

-- Posted by Basketball12 on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 9:33 PM

1)Sikeston

2)Charleston

After this it is very confusing. New Madrid has beat Central, but ND beat New Madrid, while losing to Central like three times. The game in which Notre Dame beat New Madrid was a poor performance by ND in the first half and by NM in the second half. New Madrid has gotten better, but so has ND and the two teams haven't played since the beginning of the season. Also you throw Jackson into the mix who recently beat Central by 14. Because of Jackson's complete inconsistency I would put them behind ND, NM, and CT. When it comes down to district time I think ND will beat Central. Because of this I would put the three teams in this order

3)ND

4)New Madrid

5)Central

(They could really be switched any way though)

-- Posted by thunderstick on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 9:55 PM

Jackson beat New Madrid @ New Madrid tonight on their homecoming so...

-- Posted by semo501 on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:06 PM

Cape has easily handled nd this year. No way cape ranks behind nd.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:14 PM

Did this guy seriously put Risco at 5?

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:40 PM

Cape easily handeled ND twice. Nd led for about three quarters the third time they played. Notre dame is getting more consistent. I believe that if they put 4 quarters together they will beat Central. Notre Dame always plays their best and then some in districts.

-- Posted by thunderstick on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:47 PM

NMCC not above ND or Central IMO, especially after tonight. ND beat them and the Cape game was won on a half court shot. As for who should be 3, not going to argue one way or the other. Central has beat ND head to head 3 times, games 1 and 3 were close 4th quarter games. Only the Christmas tourney game was a blowout. Against mutual opponents, ND had beaten NMCC, Jackson, and Poplar Bluff, where as central lost to them. So I really do think at this point, they're equal at #3. It's not a surprise that central gets more up for games against ND than they have for some of their other big opponents. We'll likely see the verdict in the District semifinal.

-- Posted by V,B on Fri, Feb 8, 2013, at 11:50 PM

Lets not forget nd lost to advance. They lost to charleston three times by 30. They cant hang with athletic teams. They are 2 games over .500 which is pretty indicative of their ability and talent level.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 12:15 AM

I agree, and we would absolutely not beat charleston right now, but we are a totally different team from when we played them earlier. After the Christmas tourney, I didn't think we would be over .500 at the end of the year. Since then, with the exception of advance, we have been a totally different team. Don't know if we're better than Central, but would definitely say we're very close. If ND prevents a central player from dropping 25, then we probably win. Evans and Cox have had each their best career games in separate games against ND. That's been the difference. It will be a great game in districts.

-- Posted by V,B on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 12:28 AM

Throwing in Risco at #5 did exactly what I intended, cause a stir! I would put Cape or Bluff in the 4 & 5 spot

-- Posted by eagle agent 00 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 12:38 AM

How is NMCC in your top 5 when they just got beat at home last night by Jackson?? A little biased are we... lol

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 7:43 AM

Sikeston

Charleston

Jackson

Cape Central

Leopold

-- Posted by UFO on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 7:51 AM

If you go by who is playin the best right now it has to be sikeston, charleston, ND, Jackson, NMCC. As far as season rankings go, it's not that order.

-- Posted by bean84 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 11:50 AM

Sikeston

Charleston

Jackson

NMCC

Leopold

-- Posted by semobball8 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 12:02 PM

Risco is not #5

-- Posted by praiseman on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 12:09 PM

Yah bean and vb, no matter what its never easy playin nd in distrix, oughtta be a good one nd vs cape in semis. We beat cape lasnite but for some reason garan evans didnt play??

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 12:18 PM

Risco, Clarkton, Campbell, Senath, Greenville, and Marquand have to be considered.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 12:30 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.