[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (387) More threads Create thread

Key Games (Jan. 28-Feb. 2)
Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Jan 27, 2013, at 11:37 PM:

Welcome back to the most read thread on Semoball since the late and unlamented SC Basketball thread! Seriously, we had 430 posts last week and that's just wonderful. I sincerely thank everyone who took the time to post and hope we can break last week's record!

The headliner this week is, of course, "The Rivalry" on Jan. 31, the big re-match at the Show Me Center between Sikeston and Charleston. The Bulldogs and the Blue Jays are the consensus two best teams in SEMO this year and it should be the game of the year.

But we also have a whole slate of other key games, including some huge SEMO Conference match-ups, big rivalries, and district previews. In addition, three tournaments kick off this week. The Bootheel Conference Tournament (BCT) tips off at Malden on Tuesday night where Kennett is the #1 seed, but struggling right now. Luckily the Indians have a first-round bye. There will be some great games again this year at the BCT and any of the top 6 seeds could win it all.

The Mississippi Valley Conference Tournament (MVCT) kicks off Monday night at Oak Ridge. I have been unable to find out anything else about it. Leopold is doubtless the #1 seed and the heavy favorite to win it all Friday night, but Oak Ridge and Chaffee will try to upset the Wildcats. Hopefully, someone will post a link to the brackets or give us an update on the games this week.

Finally, the Ozark Foothills Conference Tournament (OFCT) begins on Saturday at Neelyville where Clearwater is the top seed and gets a first round bye, but Twin Rivers, Doniphan, and Naylor will also compete to win it all next week. The OFCT championship will take place at Three Rivers Community College next Friday night.

As always, feel free to add any key games you feel I've overlooked. Your posts, updates, corrections, discussion, predictions, etc., are greatly appreciated. And of course, I can't wait to see which games BuckMajor will pick for his weekly Pick 'Em thread. I just hope I do better this week!

Unless otherwise noted, all games begin at 6:00 p.m. Now on to this week's slate of Key Games!

Tuesday, Jan. 29:

1. #4 Portageville vs. #5 Malden, BCT at Malden High School, 5:00 p.m.

2. #2 Hayti vs. #7 Senath-Hornersville, BCT at Malden High School, 6:30 p.m.

3. #3 Caruthersville vs. #6 South Pemiscot, BCT at Malden High School, 8:00 p.m.

4. Bernie at Holcomb.

5. Notre Dame at Cape Central, 7:30 p.m.

6. Charleston at Jackson.

7. Poplar Bluff at NMCC.

8. Doniphan at Clearwater.

9. Oran at Chaffee.

10.Saxony Lutheran at Scott City.

11.Kelly at Scott County Central.

12.Clarkton at Delta C-7.

13.Naylor at Twin Rivers.

Thursday, Jan. 31:

1. Sikeston vs. Charleston at the Show Me Center.

2. #1 Kennett vs. #4 Portageville/#5 Malden, BCT Semi-Finals, Malden High School, 6:00 p.m.

3. BCT Semi-Finals, Malden High School, 7:30 p.m.

4. Advance at Risco.

Friday, Feb. 1:

1. BCT Championship, Malden High School, 7:30 p.m.

2. #1 Leopold vs. Oak Ridge/Chaffee, MVCT Championship (probable game), Oak Ridge High School.

3. Sikeston at Poplar Bluff.

4. Dexter at Advance.

5. Notre Dame at Bernie.

6. Scott County Central at Holcomb.

7. Jackson at Farmington.

8. St. Vincent at St. Pius X (Festus).

9. Puxico at Bloomfield (re-match of their 3OT thriller at the SCAA tourney last week).

Saturday, Feb. 2:

1. Northwest Academy of Law (St. Louis) at Cape Central, 4:30 p.m.

2. #3 Doniphan vs. #6 East Carter County, OFCT, Neelyville High School, 11:00 a.m.

3. #2 Twin Rivers vs. #7 Greenville, OFCT, Neelyville High School, 3:30 p.m.

4. #4 Naylor vs. #5 Neelyville, OFCT, Neelyville High School, 8:00 p.m.

Replies

I noticed that Sideline reported that NMCC and Twin Rivers play Friday night. If that is so, add that game to the slate of Key Games for Feb. 1.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Jan 27, 2013, at 11:56 PM

Man there are some great games this week!! This will be and exciting week, a lot going on. Really good list this week Preach. I think I will be able to put together some great games from a pick'em this week haha. I even heard that sikeston and charleston are playing again this week, I might have to include that one ;). I hope I pick better this week as well lol! Appreciate the good work Preach! You gonna be at the sikeston-Charleston game!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:04 AM

Oran doesn't play Chaffee until Feb. 15th. They only have one game this week on Friday against Bell City. It's Oran's homecoming.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:06 AM

I'll provide live updates for the South Pemiscot-Kennett varsity girls game Monday, Malden-Portageville boys game and Bernie-Holcomb boys game Tuesday, Bootheel Conference varsity boys semifinals Thursday and Bootheel Conferece varsity boys final Friday.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:11 AM

Gotta give props to dexter and saxony girls, they are the best two teams by far in semo and they play jan 29th i believe!! Dexter just played a powerhouse from st loo and only lost by 5 saturday.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:13 AM

Unc, I got that game off Chaffee's Semoball schedule, but you're right. Oran's schedule lists the game on Feb. 15 as you stated. Sorry about the mistake, but I should've caught it as Chaffee will be playing in the MVCT this week. So take the Oran-Chaffee game off the list of this week's Key Games. Thanks for the correction, Unc.

Buck, thanks for the love. I won't be at the Sikeston-Charleston game as my boys will be competing in a wrestling match at Poplar Bluff that night. Also, can you confirm the NMCC-Twin Rivers game for Friday night?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:13 AM

cirithungol17

I'm confident the Dexter-Saxony Lutheran girls basketball game will be covered by someone in the coverage area of the teams involved. Like I said in an earlier post, they might be talking about this game for a very long time.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:22 AM

Cirithungol17, you're exactly right about the Tuesday night game between the Dexter Lady Bearcats and the Saxony Lutheran Lady Crusaders. They've been the two best girls teams in SEMO thus far. I can't believe I overlooked that key game!

Add to the slate for Jan. 29: Dexter Lady Bearcats at Saxony Lutheran Lady Crusaders, 6:00 p.m. Should be a great game and a huge test for Saxony to be sure.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:24 AM

Yah i cant imagine saxony beating dexter but they must be really good. I havnt seen saxony play so i havnt a clue who'll win, i just know dexter is a machine!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:27 AM

The Dexter girls basketball program is likely to be in contention for any award given to the most successful varsity sports program in southeast Missouri over a decade in the next five years. The Charleston Fighting Squirrels baseball program would also be in contention for such an award.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:30 AM

The Sikeston and Scott County Central varsity boys basketball programs would also deserve consideration for such an award.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:31 AM

Ah gotcha! Well good luck to them Thursday! Yes I can confirm that game, both teams had an open night, so that will be a reschedule of the game that got canceled due to weather. Should be a good one!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:48 AM

Is the game at NMCC or Twin Rivers? I think the Eagles should win, but the Royals are very capable of pulling an upset as Kennett learned last week.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:52 AM

I predict NMCC will win. The NMCC boys may make multiple final four appearances in the next three seasons even if they do not win a district title this season.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:55 AM

UNC Oran does play Chaffee tomorrow due to taking out a week of season. they had to schedule games in other places to get all games in

-- Posted by gomizzou05 on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 7:41 AM

Preach no big deal but the Holcomb/Bernie game is @ Bernie.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 7:57 AM

I don't think Chaffee is in the MVC any longer. (wasn't this a thread topic earlier this season?)

Link to Chaffee's schedule: https://www.mshsaa.org/Schools/SportsAnd...

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:04 AM

Buck, NMCC vs. Twin Rivers is Friday, Feb. 1 at Twin Rivers in a makeup game.

-- Posted by semo ref on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:32 AM

Puxico at Dexter Tuesday January 29 make-up game that got snowed out January 15 jv starts @ 6:00pm

-- Posted by CatDad on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:32 AM

BBFanatic, I knew that, just goofed it up when listing the games! Sorry about that and thanks for the correction.

So are Chaffee and Oran playing this week or not? There is conflicting info out there. Also, the only info I found on the web on the MVCT listed Chaffee as a participant, but no schedule or seedings.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:48 AM

Oran plays at Chaffee on Tuesday.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 9:13 AM

Just got this update from a **Chaffee Insider**. Chaffee is still in the MVC but they do not participate in the tournament.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 9:23 AM

Big week for Bernie against two tough teams both games will be a big test for Bernie I hope they continue to play like they have been and how they are capable of

-- Posted by yaeger on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 9:32 AM

I did not say Heeb's system was wrong or bad. Heeb is a good coach. Thanks for the history lesson.

It's hard for a team to run two different systems at one time.

Smith has ties to Ron Cookson, Leon Cookson, and Carrol Cookson. They ran the Puxico system as well as play for Mr. Ryan. I happen to know that all three are mentors to him. Carrol Cookson lives right across the street from the Puxico gym. I would see he and Smith out on the porch several times a week.

That's all besides the point.

It's not about Heeb and Smith. It's time to move on

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 10:42 AM

I think Bernie can give ND all they want, also I wouldn't consider the twin rivers win an upset since kennett was missing so many players. I would like to see the PB vs NMCC and PB vs sikeston games

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 10:42 AM

Chaffee plays in the OIT, Scott/Miss Conf. Tournament and the Missouriam Xmas Tourney. They can't play in the MVC Tournament. They are still a member.

-- Posted by gianthook on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 10:55 AM

Ok, so it looks like we can add the Chaffee-Oran game back to the slate of Key Games for Tuesday night. Thanks for the clarification on that point.

And if Chaffee is not playing in the MVCT, then that makes it even more of a slam-dunk for Leopold because the only team that can even challenge them in the field is Oak Ridge and Leopold has already hammered them twice. Thanks also for the update on that tourney.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 12:19 PM

I have been hearing split opinion myself in regards to Oran/Chaffee. It makes more sense to play sense to play the game this week instead of 3 days before district start anyways. Thanks for the clarification guys.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 4:36 PM

It makes more sense to play this week insead of 3 days before districts***.

I'm sorry, I butchered that sentence.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 4:39 PM

(This post sponsored by Heartland Hoops) In fact, UC, last year the district tournament started on Saturday. Not certain when it will start this year.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 4:57 PM

@Preach and Dustin Ward

Holcomb vs Bernie is AT Bernie not Holcomb. Just clearing up for those planning to attend.

-- Posted by No sir on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 5:29 PM

Yeah, BBFanatic pointed that out to me earlier, No sir, but thanks again for the update. We don't want anyone to miss the game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 5:41 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The South Pemiscot varsity girls lead Kennett 17-5 after the first quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 7:51 PM

The No. 1 seed in the upcoming BHC varsity girls basketball tournament is on the line tonight in the BHC showdown between Kennettand South Pemiscot.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 7:56 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The South Pemiscot varsity girls lead Kennett 28-20 at halftime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:13 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. At the end of the third the Kennett and South Pemiscot varsity girls are tied at 41. It doesn't get any closer than this.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:37 PM

47-45 South Pemiscot. 5:35 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:41 PM

With 5 min to go in the 2nd, NMCC girls lead Malden 43-0.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:42 PM

51-47 Kennett. 3:18 remaining. Timeout Kennett. The Kennett fans are on their feet.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:46 PM

53-49 Kennett. 1:48 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:48 PM

53-53. 1:25

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:50 PM

53-53. 0:49

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:52 PM

56-53. Kennett. 29 seconds. Timeout South Pemiscot. South Pemiscot ball.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:53 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity girls defeated South Pemiscot 58-55.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 8:58 PM

Anyone know a doniphan neelyville score? Believe the boys played tonight.

-- Posted by Lloydchristmas on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 9:23 PM

Doniphan by 12 or so.

-- Posted by Kidrayray on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 10:19 PM

I am looking forward to that NMCC Poplar Bluff game could be a real slug fest!

-- Posted by porchswing on Mon, Jan 28, 2013, at 10:46 PM

Feel free to post here or e-mail me directly at dward@dddnews.com if any of Tuesday night's games are postponed because of the weather forecast.

See a statement from the National Weather Service in Paducah, Ky., below:

STRONG STORM SYSTEM WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR ISOLATED SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN TUESDAY NIGHT...

A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP EAST ACROSS OUR REGION LATE TUESDAY NIGHT. IN ADVANCE OF THE FRONT... GUSTY SOUTH WINDS WILL BRING WARM AND HUMID AIR. THE CLASH OF THESE TWO AIR MASSES WILL RESULT IN THUNDERSTORMS TUESDAY AFTERNOON INTO TUESDAY NIGHT.

THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR A FEW STORMS TO PRODUCE STRONG DAMAGING WINDS... AND ISOLATED TORNADOES ARE POSSIBLE. THE TIME FRAME FOR THE GREATEST THUNDERSTORM POTENTIAL IS FROM 4 PM TO MIDNIGHT IN SOUTHEAST MISSOURI AND SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS. ACROSS SOUTHWEST INDIANA... WESTERN KENTUCKY... AND SOUTHEAST ILLINOIS... THE POTENTIAL IS GREATEST FROM 7 PM TO 3 AM.

HEAVY RAINFALL WILL OCCUR... WHICH COULD PRODUCE SOME MINOR FLOODING PROBLEMS IN POOR DRAINAGE AREAS. THE LATEST INDICATIONS ARE THAT 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE LIKELY... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

STRONG SOUTH WINDS ON TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING COULD BLOW AROUND LOOSE OBJECTS AND BRING DOWN SMALL TREE LIMBS. SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 20 TO 25 MPH FOR AT LEAST A FEW HOURS... WITH PEAK WIND GUSTS AROUND 40 MPH POSSIBLE.

IN THE WAKE OF THE COLD FRONT... GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS WILL BRING MUCH COLDER AIR FOR LATE IN THE WEEK. HIGHS WILL BE MAINLY IN THE LOWER 30S ON FRIDAY... WITH LOWS IN THE TEENS AND 20S.

STAY TUNED FOR LATER FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS ON THIS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SITUATION.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 1:19 AM

I'll provide live updates for the Malden-Portageville game at the Bootheel Conference varsity boys basketball tournament Tuesday at 5 p.m. I also hope to provide updates for the Bernie-Holcomb varsity boys basketball game at Bernie Tuesday at approximately 7:30 p.m.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 1:21 AM

The Poplar Bluff-NMCC game starts at 5:15 p.m. for the JV game and varsity tips at 6:30 p.m.

MVCT Semi-Finals at Oak Ridge tonight:

1. #1 Leopold vs. #5 Zalma, 5:00 p.m.

2. #2 Oak Ridge vs. #3 Meadow Heights, 6:30 p.m.

Be careful out there tonight!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 11:09 AM

Dustin, plan on standing the whole game because it'll be standing room only in the Mule Barn by the JV game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 2:31 PM

Not sure this is a prediction thread but what the heck.... I believe NMCC will win tonight, too much Jimerson. I also think Bernie will win, having Baker back in the lineup will be the difference IMO. Charleston wins by 20 or so and Cape Central takes care of Notre Dame in a very close game. I'm taking Portageville, Hayti and South Pem in the BCT tonight. Most of these should be good games to watch.

-- Posted by bball79 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 2:39 PM

The Delta C-7-Clarkton varsity boys basketball game has been moved to 5 p.m. today because of tonight's weather forecast.

Preacher Man Fan

MSHSAA regulations requires photographers to be seated behind the baseline so I will not be standing.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 2:43 PM

Bball79, we welcome all posts that discuss high school basketball in a reasonable manner. Welcome aboard!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 2:44 PM

Hey Dustin, I hope you're right. Ever been in the Mule Barn during a sell-out?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 2:47 PM

Not sure if I ever recall a sellout at Bernie.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 2:51 PM

Only sellouts I've seen are at Sikeston, Bloomfield and the Show Me Center.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 2:51 PM

A couple of years ago, they locked the doors at Bernie at halftime of the Bernie-Dexter JV game. That's the only time I remember anything like that at Bernie. There are usually seats to be had - not necessarily great seats, but seats nonetheless.

On a side note, I'm not sure how many people in Bernie actually call it the Mule Barn. I don't ever remember hearing that from anybody in Bernie. I'm not complaining, I just don't really know how that phrase came about. Of course, Bernie being a huge metropolis, there may be scores of people in town that I don't know who use that term all the time.

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 3:00 PM

Bluemules89, didn't they also close the doors during the Sikeston game at Bernie last year? I would be shocked if there's a seat to be found by the varsity tip-off tonight.

As for the Mule Barn name, maybe that's just a Dexter thing! I don't know, but that's what I've heard the Bernie gym called a lot.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 3:15 PM

Use to be a place uptown called the Mule Barn where kids hung out and played video games. Probably started with that in the 80's.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 3:22 PM

They might have Preacher Man Fan. I know they announced it in the gym during that Bernie-Dexter JV game a couple of years ago but don't remember a similar announcement during the Sikeston game last year. The place was packed at the Sikeston game though.

Yeah, it's usually folks from Dexter that I have heard saying it. Wasn't sure if started with them as part of the rivalry or if it actually started from something in Bernie. BBfanatic may be correct on it. I was just never really sure where it started.

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 3:37 PM

See a statement from the National Weather Service in Paducah, Ky., below:

... SIGNIFICANT SEVERE WEATHER OUTBREAK POSSIBLE TONIGHT...

THE POTENTIAL FOR AN OUTBREAK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IS INCREASING ACROSS OUR REGION TONIGHT. THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR ISOLATED STRONG TORNADOES AND WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS. THE STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS INCLUDED ALL OF WESTERN KENTUCKY... SOUTHEAST MISSOURI... SOUTHERN ILLINOIS... AND MOST OF SOUTHWEST INDIANA IN A MODERATE RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS.

THE TIME FRAME FOR THE GREATEST THUNDERSTORM POTENTIAL IS FROM 6 PM TO MIDNIGHT ACROSS SOUTHEAST MISSOURI AND SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS. ACROSS SOUTHWEST INDIANA... WESTERN KENTUCKY... AND SOUTHEAST ILLINOIS... THE POTENTIAL IS GREATEST FROM 9 PM TO 4 AM.

A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP EAST ACROSS OUR REGION LATE TONIGHT INTO THE EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING HOURS. IN ADVANCE OF THE FRONT... GUSTY SOUTH WINDS WILL BRING WARM AND HUMID AIR INTO THE AREA. THE CLASH OF THESE TWO AIR MASSES WILL RESULT IN SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS TONIGHT.

LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL IS ALSO POSSIBLE... WHICH COULD PRODUCE SOME MINOR FLOODING PROBLEMS IN LOW LYING AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS. LATEST INDICATIONS ARE THAT 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE LIKELY... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

IN THE WAKE OF THE COLD FRONT... GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS WILL BRING MUCH COLDER AIR FOR LATE IN THE WEEK. HIGHS WILL BE MAINLY IN THE LOWER 30S ON FRIDAY... WITH LOWS IN THE TEENS AND 20S.

STAY TUNED FOR LATER FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS ON THIS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SITUATION.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 4:14 PM

The Malden varsity boys lead Portageville 23-14 at the end of the first quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 5:15 PM

The Clarkton and Malden game in 2006-2007 season was asell-out, both teams came in undefeated and it was on a night that many other schools were not playing. They actually had people on both baselines and chairs on the stage, it was not safe if a fire had broken out.

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 5:26 PM

At halftime the Portageville varsity boys lead Malden 36-32.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 5:29 PM

I was at that game kdjones.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 5:30 PM

NMCC JV leads Poplar Bluff 14-11 after the 1st.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 5:45 PM

Portageville leads Malden 49-40 at the end of the third quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 5:53 PM

57-41 Portageville. 5:52 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 5:57 PM

PB up 31-26

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 5:59 PM

NMCC freshman won.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 5:59 PM

The Portageville varsity boys defeated Malden 69-52.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:08 PM

Looks like the weather is keeping people from coming to Bernie not near packed and especially not as much purple as I expected Bernie jv up 13-7 after 1

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:11 PM

Bernie up 22-7 2:23 left in second

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:20 PM

PB up 44-33 after 3

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:20 PM

Bernie up 27-12 half

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:25 PM

PB up 47-43, 4 min left

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:30 PM

Buck is that jv or v score

-- Posted by Eagle97 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:31 PM

Tied up, 2 min

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:33 PM

JV

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:34 PM

NMCC up 52-51

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:34 PM

NMCC up 58-51. 1:30 leff

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:37 PM

58-53, 1:20

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:38 PM

59-53, 40ish secs left

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:41 PM

Over/Under Jimmerson getting 30 points tonight?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:46 PM

NMCC JV wins 63-53. What a game!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 6:46 PM

NMCC up 10-4. 4 min left in 1st

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:08 PM

NMCC leads 22-11 after 1

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:20 PM

After 1 Chaffee leads oran 21-13

-- Posted by deadred on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:21 PM

Chaffee 21, Oran 13 after first quarter.

-- Posted by gianthook on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:21 PM

Just found out the Caruthersville/Doniphan game on Feb 7th is cancelled.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:30 PM

The Hayti varsity boys defeated Senath-Hornersville 69-29.

The Bernie and Holcomb varsity boys are tied at 10 at the end of the first quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:32 PM

Bernie - Holcomb 10-10 after 1

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:32 PM

At half Chaffee leads oran 31-25

-- Posted by deadred on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:39 PM

Clarkton leads Delta C-7 33-25 at halftime

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:40 PM

Is the Chaffee score a varsity score?

-- Posted by waw1981 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:41 PM

South Pem leads Cville 18-10 with 4:30 left in 1st

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:41 PM

NMCC up 46-26 at halftime.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:42 PM

WOW Buck! NMCC is really starting to turn it up at the right time.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:43 PM

At halftime Holcomb leads Bernie 22-19.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:44 PM

yes chaffee is winning

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:45 PM

Buck how many does Jimmerson have?

-- Posted by Eagle97 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:46 PM

Is the Chaffee score a varsity score?

-- Posted by waw1981 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:41 PM

waw1981: Yes, varsity score. Chaffee in some moderate foul trouble. I look for Oran to pound the ball inside early and often to start the second half.

-- Posted by gianthook on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:47 PM

NMCC is the real deal based on my December observations. Haven't seen NMCC since.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:48 PM

1:03 left in 1st, South Pem leads 23-22

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:48 PM

Thanks gianthook...Looks like Chaffee is starting to put together some good games lately.

-- Posted by waw1981 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:50 PM

South Pem leads Cville 25-22 after 1st.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:50 PM

Oran with a 16-3 run to start the 2nd half.

-- Posted by gianthook on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 7:55 PM

Risco 87 North Pem 47 final

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:00 PM

Oran 45, Chaffee 40 at the end of three.

-- Posted by gianthook on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:01 PM

DUSTIN: Thanks for the updates from Bernie we were not able to come down.

-- Posted by bullsfan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:02 PM

Bernie up 32-26 2:00 left in thitd

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:05 PM

South Pemiscot leads Caruthersville at Halftime 45-37.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:07 PM

NMCC up 70-53. 7 min left in the 4th

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:10 PM

Bernie leads Holcomb 36-28 at the end of the third quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:11 PM

Bernie up 36-28 after 3

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:11 PM

Charleston up 45-23 over Jackson

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:11 PM

38-28 Bernie. 7:22 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:12 PM

I expect to see the cast of gLee any moment here at Chaffee.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:16 PM

44-33 Bernie. 5:07 left.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:17 PM

Charleston up 45-25 at halftime over Jackson @ Jackson

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:19 PM

52-35 Bernie. 3:11 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:23 PM

Oran 64, Chaffee 53 (F)

-- Posted by gianthook on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:23 PM

Lets play baseball chant by Chaffee students. #shortmemory I guess. Oran defeats Chaffee 64-53.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:23 PM

Holcomb picked a bad night to play their worst game of the year. But congrats to Bernie on a big win. The Mules are really peaking at the right time.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:29 PM

NMCC has revenge on Poplar Bluff, won 80-70!!!

Cheese, I believe Willie had over 30, looks like 34 tonight!!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:30 PM

Bernie defeats Holcomb 60-38.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:30 PM

Hats off to Bernie , from what I've seen on the live feed they are simply out working holcomb. To me holcomb looks flat, and are no match for Bernie's intensity. Better come to play come districts or Bernie will run them out of the gym. As well as a few other teams in that district as well. I will say Bernie looks sharp, and If continue playing like this they will be very hard to beat.

-- Posted by hornets2010 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:30 PM

Bernie over Holcomb 60-38.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:30 PM

Congratulations to Bernie on a well-played ball game tonight.

-- Posted by double43 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:32 PM

Very impressive performance by Bernie. Didn't see this one coming at all. Would venture to say they will move up from number 7 in the Class 2 poll next week.

-- Posted by DexterResident1976 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:32 PM

Did Reeves play tonight for Holcom, regardless, good win for Bernie, just inquisitive

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:32 PM

Caruthersville leads South Pem 58-57 after 3.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:32 PM

Clarkton defeated Delta C-7 by 8 or 9 at Delta C-7

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:33 PM

Why was the game with Doniphan cancelled, Cheese?

Great win for NMCC, Buck! The Eagles are really on a roll!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:35 PM

Haven't heard Preach. Just what the radio announced.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:36 PM

Charleston up by 16 after 3 over Jackson

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:38 PM

not real sure what our students were going for with that chant.. it's a 50-50 rivalry.. so yeah not a real dig on anyone lol

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:38 PM

Yes he did kid jones.

-- Posted by TheSentinel on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:38 PM

kdjones. Autocorrect. lmao!

-- Posted by TheSentinel on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:40 PM

thanks TheSentinel, I am glad he played, good kid and hate to his season in with an injury

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:40 PM

its all good

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:45 PM

Baker made this happen. Great game young man.

-- Posted by TheSentinel on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:47 PM

The Baker kid is a great player, he plays hard at all times, that is what it takes to be a good player, not many kids these days have the heart and guts to accomplish that

-- Posted by kdjones on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:49 PM

Why does caruthersville have so much trouble against south pem

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:52 PM

I think Coach McBroom is to blame for the loss. Did not put the right lineup in at the right time. Ryan Reeves is injured and should not be playing. McBroom should know that he's not 100% and play the team he knows can play.

-- Posted by bballrookie on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:54 PM

Kudos to David Baker & the Bernie Mules. Great game, great win.

They simply came out of half time ready to play, Holcomb could not match Bernie basket for basket. Bernie had a good game plan and they held Massey to under 20 pts, quite impressive.

As for my hornets, hold your hold up. You got beat this time, but you've defeated a bunch of teams this year. You'll be ready and more prepared for next time.

-- Posted by sportsfan0423 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:54 PM

Kudos to David Baker & the Bernie Mules. Great game, great win.

They simply came out of half time ready to play, Holcomb could not match Bernie basket for basket. Bernie had a good game plan and they held Massey to under 20 pts, quite impressive.

As for my hornets, hold your hold up. You got beat this time, but you've defeated a bunch of teams this year. You'll be ready and more prepared for next time.

-- Posted by sportsfan0423 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:55 PM

Cville over South Pem 84-79. Rodgers with 30 and Johnson with 20+

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:55 PM

That's a great win for the Tigers Cheese, esp. after losing to them twice earlier in the season.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:57 PM

Charleston over Jackson 74-58....final

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 8:58 PM

bballrookie, what a classless thing to say. You have a coach who has his team at the top of their class (3 or 4 I think), and YOU know better?

-- Posted by TheSentinel on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:01 PM

Bballrookie(that fits).....I assume your son would have gained more playing time if Reeves would have nursed an injury. Please do not blame a coach who knows what he is doing. I hate seeing how coaches who draw a 4000 stipend and have to coach players they are dealt be ridiculed in communities and on this board. I wish there was site designed that we could criticize your job performance.Face it....Bernie was better tonight and are extremely tough in their home gym.

-- Posted by okachaw on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:06 PM

Birdfan, it was reported on another thread that Hull left the game with an ankle injury. Can you confirm that or give an update?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:07 PM

Yes, Hull left the game with an ankle injury in the 3rd.....did not return....was told that he couldn't put any weight on it; doesn't sound good

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:13 PM

All I was trying to get at is it didn't look like he had the team ready to play. We play a weak schedule. How do you think Risco was #1 in the state at one point last year?

-- Posted by bballrookie on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:15 PM

Because they got more votes.

-- Posted by TheSentinel on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:25 PM

They had a good record but weren't really all that good.

-- Posted by bballrookie on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:32 PM

@sportsnerd, 50/50? When's the last time Chaffee has beat Oran in baseball ;)?

I could have told you Bernie would win this game. Holcomb hasn't lost since before Christmas and haven't played a team to their standards up until tonight.

I will say this. If Holcomb/Bernie meet up in the finals of their district, I'm giving a slight edge to Holcomb.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:35 PM

How much Class 1 basketball have you seen? Risco has been good enough to get to Columbia the last couple of years but were blocked by SCC. Any other bracket and they would have made it.

-- Posted by double43 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:37 PM

They were good bballrookie but they just. got beat by a better team in SCC! Just as Holcomb got beat by a better team tonight! Holcomb has a good team but they are so evenly matched with all the other teams in their district they have to bring it every night or games like tonight will happen! Congrats to Bernie! Really hope these 2 teams play in district final!

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:41 PM

Leopold beats Zalma. Meadow Heights upsets Oak Ridge. Meadow Heights and Leopold will play in the conference Championship.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:41 PM

This is of course in the Mississippi Valley Tournament

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:46 PM

Bernie 60, Holcomb 38

Risco 87, North Pemiscot 47

Clarkton 66, Delta C-7 59

Caruthersville 84, South Pemiscot 79

Hayti 69, Senath-Hornersville 29

Portageville 69, Malden 52

-- Posted by bleachermania on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:48 PM

In the MVC Tournament.

The 3rd place game between Zalma and Oak Ridge will be played at 5:30 PM on Thursday January 31st.

The Championship game between Leopold and Meadow Heights will follow at 7 PM on Thursday the 31st as well.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:53 PM

SC over Saxony Lutheran

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:54 PM

Either Bernie Played Great or Holcomb was a Paper Tiger.

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 9:58 PM

Scott City beats Saxony Lutheran 63-37

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:02 PM

Bloomfield wins over Bell City 70-52. Bloomfield's Brett Ruch had 21 points. Bloomfield is now 11-10 on the year.

Jv: Bloomfield defeats Bell City 61-48.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:04 PM

Unc why do you give them a slight edge they just got beat by 22 and Bernie's upcoming schedule is only going to make them better and more prepared for districts they have notre dame Hayti sikeston coming up who does Holcomb have other than scc and if banks is playing that should be a good game I don't want to speak to soon but Bernie may have figured out how to stop Massey but we will see

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:05 PM

Meadow Heights over Oak Ridge? Wow! That has to be the upset of the night!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:09 PM

Cape Central defeated Notre Dame 56-50. Also the Dexter Lady Bearcats defeated Saxony Lutheran 62-54. That was a much closer game than I antipated. Dustin, my apologies!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:15 PM

Sorry Sideline Kentucky had to get y'all tonight! We gotta at least get some good wins to make the tournament. Noel's 11 blocks was pretty impressive!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:15 PM

I think the two teams are evenly matched and when this is the case most teams split the number of games they play and Bernie is 2-1 against Holcomb this year. We'll find out.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:16 PM

Yep Meadow Heights wins 42-36 over Oak Ridge.

Leopold won 68-36.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:17 PM

Are you from Oran Unc?

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:18 PM

didn't play my senior year, Chaffee won both in 2010, Oran won in 2011 3-2 and won 2-1 in extra innings in 2012.. in recent history that's 50/50 lol.. always some great pitching matchups between guys like Moore Payne Davie and Chasteen.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:24 PM

Bootheel Conference Tournament Semi-Finals at Malden on Thursday night:

1. #1 Kennett vs. #4 Portageville at 6:00 p.m.

2. #2 Hayti vs. #3 Caruthersville at 7:30 p.m.

Any of you Kennett posters know if Mitchell will play Thursday night?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:29 PM

Meadow Heights won.. Delta won.. The Rock is WWE champion again.. Scott City won by 26 with a depleted roster.. Great day in America

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:31 PM

I believe the Saxony girls have finally proven themselves as a dominant team in the area. The boys are struggling but can still pull off a heck of a game when they all play together

-- Posted by crusader on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:40 PM

I was going back even further than that 'nerd.

And BBfanactic, yes I am. Sorry, but were you being sarcastic or being serious?. It's hard to judge sarcasm or here.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:49 PM

Anybody know the final of the SCC-Kelly game? And if Larandis Banks played or not?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:49 PM

Preach i was fixing to ask same question....

-- Posted by waw1981 on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 10:57 PM

Twin Rivers win a tuff game against Naylor 65 to 56 .

-- Posted by Royal Flush on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 11:07 PM

One correction to my earlier post. Noel had 12 blocks. That is a new school record, Anthony Davis never had 12 blocks in a game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 11:13 PM

well as fat back as u wanna go it doesn't matter.. Oran dominated from about 02-08 but Chaffee 10 run ruled them a few times in the mid 90's and early 2000's.. it all runs in cycles and right now both are very good.. but I am hoping that the district winner in our basketball district makes a deep run.. I've always been biased against the southern districts just bc I don't like basketball enough to go watch them play.. So I'm hoping advance, Oran, or maybe even us if w can put 4 quarters together just once can do something special

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 11:20 PM

Whoever wins district 3 will definitely earn it. Oran, Chaffee, Advance, and even Bismarck who nobody has ever heard of will be in the equation. They are 16-3 on the year but have a beyond weak schedule.

Regardless, district 3 has got to win against probably Crossroads in the sectional game before meeting up with district 1 in the quarters. That's too far away to even talk about.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 12:39 AM

@Preach, SCC won by around 20 or so, and no, Banks did not play.

-- Posted by Skeet on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 12:50 AM

I will say this, ugly game for holcomb last night but it will be very beneficial to them in the long run. After their BCT run and blowing everybody out over the past month, they needed a thumping in my opinion. It will bring them back down to earth, light a fire under their tails, and make them hungry! Better now than district time...

-- Posted by hornets2010 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:08 AM

UFO... Holcomb lead at halftime. Both teams played a less than stellar first half. Bernie just came out ready to play, starting with David Baker. He had a great 3rd & 4th quarter. Holcomb couldn't get the ball to Jamie, and I don't remember them making a single 3 all night. The teams are more evenly matched then the final score lets on. But in no way does this take away from Bernie winning this game, they played better and they won.

-- Posted by sportsfan0423 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:26 AM

In class 2 district 1 holcolmb is 4-4 and bernie is 7-1 against the teams in that district

-- Posted by yaeger on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:41 AM

Preach,

I'll answer you question. It was a huge win for Caruthersville. Both teams played extremely hard. It was an awesome game to watch. Caruthersville played a total different game plan than the first two games. A lot of adjustments without Monroe. Hats off to South Pem. For those that were there by far got their money's worth.... even the radio fans should have enjoyed it.

Sorry not to see a couple of you C'ville Cell Phone experts at the game. There will be room on the wagon to jump back on.

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:45 AM

No Unc I was not being sarcastic!

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:09 AM

BasketballRim

I'm assuming that last sentence was addreessed toward's me. Let me make this perfectly clear to you. Do NOT question my loyalty to Caruthersville. I've been supporting Caruthersville sports since I was a little kid. I was there through the hardest of times. I've seen winless season's, and a couple 1 or 2 win season's. I've seen coaches come and go year after year. I've seen principal's come and go. There has been games that I went to that it was just me and a couple more Cville fans there. Take Doniphan last year, it was just me, Beef, and one other Cville fan there. THREE FANS! Do I question other fans loyalty? No!

Let me also say, I have a life aside from sports. Sure I enjoy watching Cville every chance I get, but there are other priorities in life I have to attend to as well. I have two terminally ill parents that I help care for, I'm on constant call and I have a wife to answer to, I have other things in life I have to make time for. I wish I could attend all games but that's just not possible. So before you go and assume things, know the FACTS!

I'm not sure what your problem is with me or any other Cville poster but let me tell you this. If you have a problem with me, come up to me personally buddy and tell me all about it. Don't hide behind a keyboard. As far as the phone experts goes, unless your a coach, join the crowd buddy! Unlike you, I've never claimed to know it all. I wouldn't be qualified to coach middle school, much less high school. I give my opinions on games based on how I see it. I may not always be right, and sometimes speak in the heat of the moment but what I say on here, I'll say to your face. Don't believe me, ask anyone who has came to me in person. I didn't have to explain myself to you.

I have no problem with you BasketballRim but these little jabs at me and other Cville fans needs to quit unless warranted.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:36 AM

I'm assuming that Below didn't play in the Oak Ridge, Meadow Heights game since he didn't show up in the box score. That would help explain that upset.

Does anyone know why he didn't play?

-- Posted by nature boy on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:43 AM

How is BasketballRim from Caruthersville and at all these games but in another post on here he said stuff about Cookson lives right across the street from the Puxico gym. I would see he and Smith out on the porch several times a week. How can you be a Caruthersville fan at every game and know all this stuff about Jeremy Grant and these other kids and live in Puxico and see Coach Smith talking to Cookson several times a week across the street from the Puxico gym? The only answer is basketball rim is a person who was at the Puxico gym last year and is now at the Caruthersville gym this year. Congratulations on the 2A win last night Coach. You did a little better than the 3A and 4A teams you played last week.

-- Posted by gocvilletigers on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:58 AM

It was not intended for you. I apologize if you took it toward you. My son-in-law is from Caruthersville. I was joking with my son-in-law and daughter. My son-in-law post on here as well.

I really don't have anything to say anymore to you about Cville in any sport. I recently read my post and thought to myself - I'm too old to be going back in forth on here.

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:18 AM

gocvilletigers

maybe the same way as Wheresthebeef has ties to both Caruthersvile and Puxico.

No more post going back in forth. I'm done. Getting like topix.

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:21 AM

That meadow heights win over oak ridge is definitly worth a WOW!

-- Posted by porchswing on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:06 AM

Mitchell will play for Kennett Thursday night. Missed the C'vill/South Pem game with my predictions. Didn't see it, but C'ville must have played a good game. Congrats. Kennett/Port and Cville/Hayti should be really good semi final rounds at the BCT. Will be there tomorrow night. Lastly, I think Charleston will win tomorrow night...for what's it's worth. Should be another great game.

-- Posted by bball79 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:42 AM

The below kid has a injury. He didn't play last night. Not for sure if he will be able to play thursday night.

Tough loss for oak ridge but a big win for meadow heights.

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:46 AM

Hull will not be playing in tomorrow nights game. May be out until districts.

-- Posted by silentplayer on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 12:14 PM

Hull being out is a huge loss for charleston. They have had bad luck with injuries this year. I hope they get healthy before districts start.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 12:23 PM

silentplayer, Coach Farmer said otherwise in the article about the Jackson game last night. What is your source about Hull?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 12:40 PM

That was last nights article. They didnt think it was that serious. It is more than a toe injury but a foot injury. Maybe a miracle will happen and he will play. Lets go Blue!!!!!!! blue jays can still win this game! Play hard, play as a team and win this game!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 1:18 PM

I won't believe that Hull isn't playing until I don't see him out there. I know he was hurting last night though and hope he is healthy asap.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 1:24 PM

Sideline, I'm with you. You will notice silentplayer didn't answer my question about his source on Hull's injury.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 2:58 PM

Sorry guys Hull is not playing. He is on crutches and has s boot on his foot. Nevermind the source because at this time I am the source and will not put anything on him that is not true. Because if I could wave a wand he will be playing. But I believe we will win! Go Blue Jays!!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 3:39 PM

My bad! Hull is playing!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 3:43 PM

That was a quick reversal

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 3:46 PM

Ok, silentplayer, which is it? Was that last comment sarcasm or not?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 3:48 PM

It is I...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 4:19 PM

I hope that both teams are healthy tomorrow night or at least have all of the key players available...GO JAYS!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 4:20 PM

Why do you continuously bash the coach gocvilletigers You would think you would want your school team to win but all you can do is criticize the coach. I get tired of reading all your negative comments about this coach. He's not the reason Heeb left caruthersville I understand why you are upset about Heeb leaving but he's not that far away just go watch him at his new school. I do think he is good coach I also think Smith is a good Coach. They both have challenges going forward. I would like to say that you mentioned the jv wasn't that strong but I would bet you that cvilles jv would beat Heebs varsity

-- Posted by mad skills on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 4:41 PM

Hull is out; broken bone in foot

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 5:38 PM

At the end of the first quarter the Senath-Hornersville junior varsity boys lead Caruthersville 11-6 in a semifinal of the Bootheel Conference Tournament.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:16 PM

At halftime the Senath-Hornersville JV leads Caruthersville 28-22.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:28 PM

I thought caruthersville's JV would beat seneaths varsity? looks like they're struggling verse seneaths JV

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:41 PM

At the end of the third quarter Senath-Hornersville leads Caruthersville 41-37.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:55 PM

53-52 Senath-Hornersville. 1:06 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:08 PM

55-52 Senath-Hornersville. 35 seconds.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:10 PM

55-54 23 seconds.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:12 PM

Senath-Hornersville defeats Caruthersville 57-54.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:21 PM

That's what happens when you over-look a team and its coach! Keep posting bulletin board material guys...

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:36 PM

Keep your head up JV Tigers! You guys are fun to watch.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:38 PM

At the end of the first quarter the South Pemiscot and Kennett junior varsity boys basketball teams are tied at 10 in a semifinal of the Bootheel Conference Tournament.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:45 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. At halftime South Pemiscot leads the Kennett junior varsity boys 28-20.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:02 PM

How many of y'all think portageville has a chance to beat Kennett tomorrow?

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:11 PM

I wants hear y'alls thoughts on the Pville n Kennett game. I think it's gonna be a great game.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:16 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The South Pemiscot junior varsity boys defeated Kennett 57-50.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:42 PM

I am a supporter of NMCC sports. This years Boys basketball team has trouble handling a quick pressure team. I do not think they will go very deep in the post season.

-- Posted by elrod48 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:52 PM

Realbootheelbasketball, Portageville really seems to be playing much better right now after getting off to a horrible start. I think if they play under control and Banks and Foster both score in double figures to help Walker, they have a real shot at beating Kennett. Having said that, I still think Kennett will win a close one with Mitchell back in the line-up. I also think the Bulldogs are going to have a hard time handling Primer inside.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:00 PM

They kinda have to play a team called Charleston in districts!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:03 PM

Hey DW how much do I have t spot you to get you to say all of posts sponsored by Bunk?

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:36 PM

I agree preacher man I'm a Pville fan and even tho we lost to nmcc I think if we play like we did in that game we will be ok. We lost to new Madrid but that jimmerson dude is so good. I think tomorrow's game is gonna be a great game. Both teams are gonna bring it.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:39 PM

Preacher,I don't know if you have found out what the story is over at doniphan or not but if what i heard tonight is true this will not only affect the basketball program.But more importantly will effect that community for years to come hope it's not true!

-- Posted by porchswing on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:22 PM

For those of you fellas that think risco would have made it to state if it were not for scc need to look at the game Eminence played them!

-- Posted by porchswing on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:25 PM

I think NMCC is a final four team this season if it doesn't have to get past Charleston, but we will see what happens at Malden in the district. NMCC caught my eye after watching them play one quarter in November as a team capable of making a deep playoff run at the end of the season if they can find a way past Charleston.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 12:35 AM

Dustin...have you even looked at the brackets? The road to the final four in Class 3 is filled with obstacles. Once the District 1 winner comes out, the sectional round is not too bad; but, then comes either Maplewood-Richmond Heights or Madison Prep, in all likelihood, in the quarterfinals.

You're fooling yourself into thinking that if NMCC were to get by Charleston that they're a final four team.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:32 AM

NMCC probably won't win districts, but even if they do they won't win past sectionals. Too much talent in Class 3 this year.

-- Posted by Norman Dale on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:50 AM

It's Jimerson.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:34 AM

Charleston fans better enjoy this season. They lose a lot of talent and their jr high and JV teams are not the same as you're used to seeing with Charleston. NMCC has better sophomores and their 8th grade is really good. I could see NMCC making a big run when Jimmerson and his group are seniors with the help of those talented 8th graders who would be sophomores then.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:56 AM

Doniphan at Clearwater is rescheduled for Friday.

-- Posted by tooldogging on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:00 PM

birdfan

If NMCC is good enough to get past Charleston they are probably good enough to get past Maplewood.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:45 PM

What are you smoking have you seen MRH besides they won't get past Charleston.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:52 PM

Dustin Ward can judge seasons by what he sees in one quarter and November. One has to wonder why more people don't have this skill.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:55 PM

sideline, did you sponsor that text?

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 2:12 PM

NMCC could get past Charleston. Statistically Charleston is likely the favorite against NMCC. But it's not a slam dunk like last season in Class 3, District 1, for Charleston. Even as good as Charleston was last season Caruthersville played them close in a district semifinal last year.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 4:06 PM

NMCC's losses are:

59-55 loss to West Memphis

59-54 loss to Cape Central

61-59 loss to Poplar Bluff

60-57 loss to Notre Dame

52-49 loss to Corinth, Miss.

72-57 loss to Charleston

Four of their six losses were in their first five games of the season with a young team.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 4:10 PM

NMCC would get beat by 15 -20 points by Maplewood Dustin, come on now.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 4:14 PM

I ain't even from new Madrid but ima be straight up...ain't nobody beatin by 20 points from class 3. Nobody. I'm tellin u...I'm from portageville. So I've seen my fair share of elite players. And that jimmerson dude is on point.

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 4:48 PM

After 1 quarter, BCT semis, Portageville 20, Kennett 11.

-- Posted by gianthook on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:17 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. At the end of the first quarter the Portageville varsity boys lead Kennett 20-11.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:17 PM

Snow falling in Malden.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:32 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. At halftime the Portageville varsity boys lead Kennett 33-27.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:34 PM

Good luck to my jays tonight. Go gettm.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:36 PM

You guys can dog Dustin all you want. But he's not that far off. Do I think NMCC would beat MRH? No. But you guys are acting like it would be impossible. It's not impossible. NMCC has played a very tough schedule and has lost to some pretty good teams.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:51 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. At the end of the third quarter the Portageville varsity boys lead Kennett 45-43.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:02 PM

Jwhitlock New Madrid would get smoked, Im telling ya.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:03 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Notre Dame junior varsity girls defeated Kennett 46-25.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:06 PM

67-61 Kennett. 1:39

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:18 PM

Hey as far as I'm concerned I'm not sure I would bet against Charleston if they match up with MRH. You're a fool if you think the Charleston kids are not capable of rising to the occasion. Too much pride and tradition to go along with talent this year to dismiss them.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:27 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity boys defeated Portageville 79-68.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:28 PM

When I said fool, I was not referring to anyone specifically, just people in general.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:30 PM

What is going on in Cape tonight, please? I am in L.A. Is it online?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:46 PM

Sikeston leads Charleston 26-15 after one quarter.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:00 PM

At the end of the first quarter the Caruthersville varsity boys lead Hayti 11-9.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:01 PM

Caruthersville 11, Hayti 9 after one period of play in the 2nd BCT semifinal.

-- Posted by gianthook on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:02 PM

At halftime Hayti leads Caruthersville 31-27.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:18 PM

Sikeston leads Charleston 44-31 at half.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:20 PM

NMCC may have a legit shot at the district title with Hull being hurt.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:28 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Notre Dame varsity girls defeated Kennett 62-37.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:39 PM

Mitchell blew up in the 4th qtr with 28 to end with 41. Not bad for his first game back. He also had several steals and assists in the game.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:41 PM

Yes, Hull being hurt is a problem!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:42 PM

Risco 57 Advance 91 final

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:44 PM

At the end of the third quarter Hayti leads Caruthersville 51-42.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:49 PM

Sikeston leads Charleston 61-48 after three quarters.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:52 PM

59-53 Hayti. 4:58 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:55 PM

61-57 Hayti. 4:00 remaining.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:58 PM

68-66 Hayti. 1:34

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:04 PM

69-66 Hayti. 1:33

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:05 PM

71-69 Caruthersville. 51 seconds.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:09 PM

Sikeston defeats Charleston 71-64! That'll quiet the board for about 20 seconds.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:13 PM

72-70 Caruthersville. 25 seconds.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:14 PM

Hayti once had at 17-point lead in the third quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:15 PM

Good win for Sikeston. Have to give Charleston credit. Playing without Hull and getting down early, they battled and competed.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:15 PM

Caruthersville defeats Hayti 75-73.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:17 PM

Cville was down by 18 in the 2nd half but fought their way back in the game and never gave up! Showed some heart tonight!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:19 PM

No it won't. Charleston is still in the building. 7pt loss and we didn't have the services of Hull(17ppg).Great job Bluejays, but the free thow woes continued tonight. Never the less the season isn't over

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:22 PM

Cheese you guys need to give smith some credit tonight. Team made a heck of a comeback. Nice effort Tigers.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:27 PM

I gave the TEAM credit. Smith is a part of the team. I've never said anything negative about Smith on Semoball. Only thing I've ever said about Smith on Semoball is I don't know him or how he coaches. I may not agree with some things he does, but he keeps these boys competing, that's for sure. He done a tremendous job in that 4th Quarter. Made excellent adjustments.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:32 PM

I didn't say you said anything negative. Just pointing out that he deserved some credit. Kids deserve a lot of credit as well. Good luck to the Tigers tomorrow night.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:35 PM

Kennett will be very tough to beat. Mitchell and Primer are studs. I have faith we can pull another upset though. With a leader like Steve Rogers, anything can happen.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:36 PM

I think JT did an outstanding job tonight, smallest guy on the court played with the most heart. When the guys that have 5-6 inches on him are afraid to get in there and get rebounds and do the dirty work he takes pride in it. I would definitely give him the game ball tonight played the best game of his career.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:47 PM

So we have #1 Kennett vs. #3 Caruthersville for the BCT Championship at Malden. Tip-time is 7:30 p.m. No 3rd place game in the BCT right?

Was the MVCT Championship between Leopold and Meadow Heights tonight or it tomorrow night?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:52 PM

No third place game in BCT. First game will be JV final.

-- Posted by tmm224 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:55 PM

Leopold defeated Meadow Heights 74-39.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:55 PM

Watched those BCT games this evening have to say two really good games.Dominique walkers slam was the best one i have seen all year took off from just inside the free throw line.Unfortunatly it seemed to wake up mitchell and he went off after that dunk!As Dustin said hayti had a big lead and C-ville just would not quit nice comeback win!

-- Posted by porchswing on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:21 PM

No third-place game. They don't believe in third-place games in conference tournaments south of Parma.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:36 PM

South Pem girls beat Neelyville (potential sectional game). Carrie Shephard had 48 points.

-- Posted by Shank on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 6:14 AM

Awesome job to get to the Championship. Those Tigher boys never gave up. The heart those boys are showing are unbelievable.

Congrads to the C'ville JV. They won the regular season Conference Title. Received their plaque last night. This is the first time C'ville Varsity or JV has won the season Conference Title since 2004. Hats off to the boys. I look forward to seeing that group in the future.

Caruthersville has not won the Conference Tournament since 2004. I sure hope the Varsity can make history tonight against a very tough Kennett team.

To lose one of the best if not the best player in Southeast Missouri in Monroe for the season and have a depleted bench due to all kinds of problems; these boys have stuck together, worked hard with a "us against the world mentality". Congrads to the boys and Coach Smith.

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 7:09 AM

Coach Smith the JV tigers actually won the conference championship last year. The varsity shared the championship with Portageville and Kennett in a 3 way tie. Congrats on a big win last night. I listened on the radio and it sounded like a great game and a big comeback.

-- Posted by gocvilletigers on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:07 AM

gocvilletigersKIM

Kennett JV won the conference last year.

As for my statement about the Conference - I said "Win" not tie. A tie is like kissing your sister or the ex coach.

What is your problem. You act like you don't want Cville to be successful. So much hatred. The head coaching job was open because Heeb resigned. Rather he had reason too or not. He quit. Does that make Heeb a bad guy - NO. He is a good coach. Why wish so much hatred on this team.

Earlier in the week, you minimize the south pem win by saying why not beat a 3a or 4a team. You said sarcastic, wow you beat a 1a team. Charleston and Sikeston both beat the Tigers. I bet that made your day.

you need to change your name to goheeb instead of gocvilletigers.

Thanks Kim

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:45 AM

The JV was the conference champs last year. They were undefeated in conference. That is a fact. The varsity was tied for the conference championship. Fact. You said this JV was the first since 2004. I was just pointing out facts. I said congratulations on your big win last night.

-- Posted by gocvilletigers on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:27 AM

Kind of confused here! How did Caruthersville's JV NOT have any player make the All Conference Team? They beat every team in the conference and split games with Kennett! Doesn't make any sense!

I also have a question. Does the player of the year award go to a senior? If not, how can Darrell Monroe NOT be PoY? 23pts 14 rebs a game.. No one in the Conference or even Semo put up them numbers!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Mar 29, 2012, at 9:09 AM

Cheesehead,

sorry to use your quote. Thats what pulled up on the internet when I search. Just proving gocvillekim that she is wrong. Cville lost in the regular season and Kennett won in a tournament. meaning Kennett won the JV Regular Season Conference.

I'm done going back in forth with you gocvilletigers. The man is married!

Let's get the focus back on the team and boys.

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:34 AM

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1810718.htm...

When I wrote that, that was AFTER the conference tourny and Kennett beat Cville in the Championship game. When I said they split games with Kennett, that meant Cville won the regular season match-up and Kennett won the tourny match-up.

The link above proves that I'm not making it up. Cville did beat Kennett in regular season, which gave them the 1 seed. Just pointing that out. Good Luck tonight Tigers!!! Will be there cheering you on.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:43 AM

Good Luck Tigers. It will be tough to beat Kennett. I know that you guys will fight to the end.

Middle School - Got Fired

High School - Got Fired

Elementary - about to get Fired

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:05 PM

Being the regular season champion is different from being the tournament champion. The tournament does not act as a tiebreaker.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:11 PM

Personal stuff needs to be left off here BasketballRim. This is a sports forum, not Days of our Lives. Just the other day you said you wasn't going to post anymore because it was to much like topix, but look how your acting yourself. All gocvilletiger did was prove your claim about the conference championship wrong. Everyone is wrong at one time or another, no sense in sour grapes. Since you apparently know who gocvilletiger is, take that up with them privately, not on here. Keep it sports related, kids do read these forums and doesn't need to see adults act like this.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:32 PM

Kennett over Cville tonight by 20

-- Posted by thatswhatshesaid on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:32 PM

That maybe true thatswhatshesaid, but the Tigers will play hard all game and won't back down. This is a scrappy team.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:41 PM

Looking forward to the Kennett/C'ville game tonight at Malden. I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about the games in the BCT from last night. Both were really good games. Mitchell from Kennett was really good, 41 points. It's been a long time since anyone scored 40+ for Kennett. He had 25 in the 4th quarter which I'm sure is a Kennett record. I was also impressed with C'ville not folding last night. Hayti has a tendency to let teams back into a game but C'ville had numerous opportunities to lay it down and didn't. They play hard and I respect that. I don't think they will win tonight but if their 3's are falling, could be a very good game. Good luck to all.

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:46 PM

No Doubt Cheesehead! Looking forward to some good basketball tonight.

-- Posted by thatswhatshesaid on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:48 PM

My roots in Cville run deep but my name isn't Kim and I'm not a woman. I didn't say anything critical and what I said sure wasn't a personal attack.

-- Posted by gocvilletigers on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 4:11 PM

dont worry gocvilletigers we all know who basketballrim is and he isnt going to post now until after the game because he is getting his team ready for a beat down tonight in Malden.

-- Posted by thatswhatshesaid on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 4:33 PM

so funny Yeah, I'm Smith Well I got to game plan now. LOL

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 4:43 PM

Y'all fight like little girls on here man...haha

And I think Kennett is gonna win tonight...but I sure hope cville can pull off an upset. If not tho so long to Kennett. I can't wait til they join the semo conference next year and play schools their own size haha. U aint never gon here me say this again but go cville. Ha

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 4:46 PM

anyone know score of Bernie-ND JV game?

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 7:11 PM

ND won 60-45

-- Posted by yaeger on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 7:39 PM

Bernie and ND tied 15-15 6:22 in 2 quarter

-- Posted by yaeger on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 7:40 PM

Sikeston JV defeated Poplar Bluff JV 69-51 earlier.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 7:43 PM

thanks, yaeger

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 7:47 PM

ND up 36-22 halftime they went on a big run

-- Posted by yaeger on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 7:55 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. At the end of the first quarter the Caruthersville varsity boys lead Kennett 18-16.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 7:57 PM

Sikeston leads Poplar Bluff 14-13 after one quarter. Bratcher with two 3's already.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 7:58 PM

Holcomb up 17-15 after 1 over SCC.

Banks did not start but did check in during the first Q.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:14 PM

Text sponsored by BUNK. Not a key game but Oran leads Bell City at the half 50-28.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:14 PM

Poplar Bluff leads Sikeston 27-26 at half. Sikeston playing very lethargic in the first half.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:15 PM

Risco 96 Richland 76 final

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:18 PM

ND up 52-34 after 3

-- Posted by yaeger on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:19 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. At halftime the Kennett varsity boys lead Caruthersville 43-32.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:19 PM

The guy on the radio really doesn't care for PB does he?

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:23 PM

Mitchell has 17 at the half, playing very good so far.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:28 PM

I haven't noticed anything that would make me think that StatChecker.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:33 PM

SCC 28, Holcomb 27 at Half

Massey has 14 for Holcomb.

Banks has 10 for SCC.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:33 PM

ND wins 64-50 over bernie

-- Posted by yaeger on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:37 PM

Just small comments like, "I've always thought the Poplar Bluff Homecoming was a little over the top." and "Poplar Bluff is getting away with a lot of hand-checking." Nothing major. A trail of subtle hints are being dropped.

I'm bored Sideline. Needed something to rant about.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:38 PM

So Bernie defeats Advance who defeats Notre Dame who defeats Bernie. Ugh. It is going to be tough to put together the top ten this week.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:38 PM

Gotta like those Leopold Wildcats then Sideline.

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:41 PM

Sikeston 45, PB 35 after 3.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:42 PM

Sikeston leads Poplar Bluff 45-35 after three.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:42 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. At the end of the third quarter the Kennett varsity boys lead Caruthersville 66-50.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:43 PM

Leopold is already in there jpaawhite.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:47 PM

Sounds like Ruffin is getting his this second half. PB running out of gas.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:57 PM

Poplar Bluff fans were lighting up Vashawn Ruffin with the airball chant in the first half. He has gone off for 19 in the second half and has 25 total. Sikeston leads 61-53 with under three minutes to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:58 PM

43-37 Holcomb after 3

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:59 PM

Point proven.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:59 PM

Poplar Bluff is mounting a comeback. Sikeston leads 61-57 with about a minute left.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:01 PM

91-64 knnt wins

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:03 PM

Cord Sheehy nails two free throws to put Sikeston up 63-57 with 57 seconds to go.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:04 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity boys defeated Caruthersville 91-64.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:04 PM

Sikeston leads 65-59 with 24 seconds left. Porter heading to the line.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:06 PM

Sikeston defeats Poplar Bluff 67-61 to ruin Poplar Bluff's Homecoming.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:08 PM

Mitchell had 41 last night and 31 tonight, looks like he's healthy and ready for the next game. Think it might be NMCC which should be a good game

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:11 PM

Good win by the Bulldogs. Winning two hard-fought games back to back is impressive.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:14 PM

Time for those boys to finally get some rest. They are sick, tired, and banged up. They are off until next Friday when they play Cape Central at home.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:15 PM

Ain't Kennett 4a??? When do they play a 4a school. I ain't hatin just wondering....how many 4a schools have they played this year?

-- Posted by Realbootheelbasketball on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:16 PM

Kennett is Class 4. They've dropped the 'A' from state classification. The Indians have already played Notre Dame and Sikeston as well as some out of state teams who translate to Class 4 in the state of Missouri. I believe they still have a game with Dexter as well.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:21 PM

Holcomb defeats SCC 63-53

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:23 PM

Oran defeats Bell City 89-47.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:28 PM

Sideline Bernie deserves at least consideration just on their strength of schedule they have top quality wins over holcomb twice advance twice twin rivers twice portageville south pem though tonight was a loss notre dame is good plus they still have hayti and sikeston coming up there is something to be said about a class 2 team competing against class 3 and class 4 teams. With that being said they are still 18-4.

-- Posted by yaeger on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:30 PM

What's nmcc score?

-- Posted by Eagle97 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:34 PM

Im not quite sure what happened with the Advance/N Dame game but N Dame looked real good to me tonight. Bernie did not play well and N Dame had allot to do with that. They made about everything they shot which was impressive. Hats off to N Dame. These games just make us tougher and better.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:43 PM

Clearwater beat Doniphan by 2, 59-57. Doniphan's Patterson fouled out early in the fourth, but their point guard #3 made a lot of 3's to keep it close. Very tight game, and could be a preview for the finals of the OFC tournament next week. Good win for C'water.

-- Posted by tooldogging on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:49 PM

NMCC won 65-46 Eagle.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:08 PM

Anybody know the final of the Advance-Dexter game or the St. Vincent-St. Pius X scores?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:29 PM

65-43 Advance

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:35 PM

Should've checked the scoreboard before posting! Lol. Advance hammered Dexter (again) while St. Pius defeated St. Vincent by 2 points. One score they didn't have was the Bloomfield-Puxico final. Anybody know the outcome?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:36 PM

Advance wins 65-43. Real sloppy start by the Hornets and then finally got it in gear.

-- Posted by hornetsfan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:40 PM

S.I.over East Carter 76-40!NMCC really playing well right now!

-- Posted by porchswing on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:45 PM

Should have mentioned that Dexter was missing senior starter.

-- Posted by hornetsfan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:50 PM

Yes, Dexter's Chase Young is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury and likely will miss the entire baseball season as well.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:54 PM

Great week for NMCC. Two very solid wins!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:06 PM

@Preach, Dexter is actually down 3 starters with season ending injuries. That would affect any team adversely.

-- Posted by baseballfan2011 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:11 PM

Kennett still has to play Dexter & Poplar Bluff before the end of the season. Earlier in the year, they played Pine Bluff, Ar (7A in AR), West Memphis, AR (7A in AR) & Valley View High School out of Jonesboro, AR (4A in AR).

-- Posted by DW in KenMO on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:18 PM

baseballfan2011, that is true. Neldon and Page have missed the entire season and now Young as well. Plus, a fourth starter moved to Oklahoma over the summer. Murphy's Law has prevailed for boys sports in Dexter this season for sure.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:30 PM

PMF in my previous post I was only referring to Young from when we played Dexter @ SCAA tournament. He (Young) was sorely missed last night but I thought Dexter soldiered on admirably without him. Wish you the best for remainder of season and a speedy recovery for all your players.

-- Posted by hornetsfan on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 6:49 AM

@Preach, Advance/Dexter game was a 5 point game with about 4 minutes to go in 4th. Advance took off from there.

-- Posted by baseballfan2011 on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 7:14 AM

Bootheel Conf. Tournament

JV Final: South Pemiscot 66, Senath 60

Varsity Final: Kennett 91, Caruthersville 64

Holcomb 63, Scott County Central 53

Risco 96, Richland 76

Campbell over Cooter

North Pemiscot over Gideon

-- Posted by bleachermania on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 8:55 AM

In addition to the other Saturday games listed, Scott City hosts Egyptian tonight for their Homecoming.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 12:39 PM

Anybody have any OFCT updates!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 2:00 PM

Also learned that the Mineral Area Activities Association (MAAA) Conference Tournament begins today at Ste. Genevieve. Farmington, despite a 10-10 record, is the #1 seed while Park Hills Central with a much better record, is the #2 seed. We'll keep an eye on that tourney next week even though it's a little north of the Semoball area.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 2:04 PM

Scores from the OFCT:

(3) Doniphan 70, (6) East Carter County 48

(2) Twin Rivers 96, (7) Greenville 38

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 5:57 PM

Cape Central 67, Northwest Academy of Law 51

Scott City 61, Egyptian (Ill.) 59

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 9:41 PM

Thanks for those updates went out and watched the late game in a slight upset#5 neelyville beat #4 naylor by about 10!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 11:56 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.