[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (374) More threads Create thread

Sikeston vs Charleston 2
Posted by Highriser on Sat, Jan 19, 2013, at 11:08 PM:

This is the premier game of the 2012-2013' season! I would like for all the Semoball posters to give me a prediction on the outcome of this game. I would also like for each poster to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each team, and state who will be the MVP of the most anticipated game of the year.

Replies

http://semoball.com/forums/highschoolbas...

I am not 100% sure but I think everyone discussed everything they had on their minds about the game in this thread.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 12:10 PM

A game of this magnitude deserves (2) threads. The first thread mainly discusses the location of the game. I asking the posters to discuss strategy, which team will win, and which team member will be the MVP?

-- Posted by Highriser on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 12:25 PM

sikeston and their patented 1-1-3 defense with that slow tempo Princeton offense pulls this one out over the sluggish, physical, hard nosed blue jays.. sikestons interior size man handles the blue jays bigs. Demar DeRozan game MVP IMO.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 12:54 PM

Anyone heard how tickets sales are going?

-- Posted by lastride67 on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 1:13 PM

Ticket sells are great!!!!! Sikeston better wake up because the Jays are looking great as a whole!!!! I'm sure they will show up because it's "The Rivalry".

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 11:50 AM

Yah i agree sikeston been on cruise control last few games, hope theyre able to dial it up a couple notches next thursday!! Jays gonna be out for revenge. I hope dawgz win but i gotta predict 72-66 jays in this one cuz jays been playing at a higher level lately. Prove me wrong dawgz!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 12:28 PM

"Rivalry tee-shirts are on sale at the respective schools.

-- Posted by Swish on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 3:43 PM

$10

-- Posted by Swish on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 3:47 PM

I'm curious to see if Kyland Gross will continue to remain a starter for Sikeston. If this kid can relieve Vashawn of some of the ball handling duties and make smart passes against the Bluejays full court pressure, Sikeston should do well in this game.

-- Posted by Highriser on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 8:45 PM

Just curious if this game will hold the same magnitude if charleston overlooks kennett and gets beat friday night at kennett. Sikeston will tell you they might not want to do that. I bellieve kennett played closer to sikestn than charleston did. just sayin.

-- Posted by squawdad on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 12:00 PM

Charleston going to easily blow out kennett. 18pts at the least.

-- Posted by ballerd on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 12:37 PM

Jayz better have an answer for mitchell, dude can play some ball, dropped 29 on us last friday. One of best players ive seen this year. Ya ready papi?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 1:08 PM

I knew that would do it . lol

-- Posted by squawdad on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 3:08 PM

We may not even have all of the guys back, if we do should be good game , if we dont could get ugly. But I am sure we will show charleston respect just as they respect us to. I like coach farmer too, he played back in my day.

-- Posted by squawdad on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 3:16 PM

The Jackson DeMolay were scheduled to run one of the concession stands at the SMC on the 31st but said their concession stand had been cancelled because the SMC was not expecting a huge crowd. Seriously?

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 6:37 PM

We will have a bigger crowd than SEMO usually gets. I know all the reserved seats are sold out on Sikeston side and I'm sure it is on Charleston also.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 6:55 PM

Not that it matters but it was 31, last Friday . Win or lose I just hope it's as good of a game as last wk. hope everybody is back and healthy for our team.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 9:18 PM

Sikeston shut down Charleston playing that zone.

-- Posted by Winner11 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 9:29 PM

Heck yah ktown, 31 sounds much better than 29!! He was amazing that game! Been watching dawgz for 8 yrs and no one's come close to scoring that many! I may be wrong but ya dont see 30 or more very often! Itll be a good game but Jayz are on fire, mitchell gonna hafta score 40 to keep u in the game!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 9:55 PM

Papi... Will you tell us all again how many rings you all have!!!

Please we haven't heard about it in the last hour and might have forgotten!

-- Posted by Matt Foley (Agitator) on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:07 AM

Bigpoopi, just i bets you ddidnt play much at all Bucko. u aree ridin blujay coatails pal. i just now you got beet at horsey at the ycma. at that just is a jfact jack.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 8:16 AM

Hmmmm

-- Posted by squawdad on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 8:22 AM

I respect Charleston and Sikeston's team and coaches. Both teams play great defense. I was at the SEMO conference tournament game and Sikeston shut down Charleston in the half court. Charleston did score late on some Sikeston turnovers. But Charleston really struggled in the half court attacking the zone.

-- Posted by Winner11 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 9:12 AM

I like how Kennett got Sikeston, Charleston, and NMCC at home. Nicely done. Next year will suck though haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:37 AM

Tickets still available?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:07 PM

General admission is definitely still available, Dustin. Check http://www.showmecenter.biz/EventDetails... to see if there are reserved seats still if that's what you're looking for.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:23 PM

Yah papi ur three pt shootn in the first game was off most of the nite. If ur boyz start draining threes over our zone it will make me very sad. U dont want me to be sad, do you?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:26 PM

I know , charlestons 3's will kill us just like sikestons did. They are a great team and will be very hard to beat. I just want it to be a close game where we have a chance at the end.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 12:46 PM

I picked jays to win 72-66 thursday. Utmost respect for farmer and ur boyz and jay history! Ur just fun to tease, thats all!! Hey i did welcome u back on another thread, wheres the love my man???

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:20 PM

It's only 50/50 that Mitchell plays tonight for Kennett. If not, not much of a chance they can hang around. Hope he plays, like to see teams compete with all their pieces. I don't think they will beat Charleston either way, but like to see a competitive game.

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:34 PM

Yeah, don't want Mitchell to play if he's not healthy. Not worth taking a chance on being hurt even more than he already is. I wouldn't play him unless he's 80 or 90%. He has a good future ahead of him, no need to take the chance

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:48 PM

heard today mitchell may not play, still got a bad wheel . I was hoping he could go for our sake and because it would be a good barometer for comparing sikeston and charleston before the rematch, but I guess we will see. Another kid has strep throat this week I am afraid we wont be healthy and up to speed, if not we just do what we can with what we have. Big papi you be nice tonight I am watching you. Just kidding if its not too crazy might try to find you guys. Have a safe trip.

-- Posted by squawdad on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:53 PM

He looked great vs sikeston, when did he get hurt??

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 1:58 PM

aggravated the injury Saturday against South Pem.

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 2:25 PM

I think he did it in the sikeston game, probably went ahead and played on it to finish the game.

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 2:27 PM

I forgot we played south pem on Saturday

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 2:31 PM

Papi that is hilarious. You are getting onto somebody for referring to a game that happened ONE MONTH ago. Yet all you do is talk about things that happened 10, 20, or 30 years ago.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 2:47 PM

Hypocrisy roots for the Charleston Blue Jays.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:04 PM

Now that comment could really start something ugly.

-- Posted by Swish on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:15 PM

I might start a thread titled HYPOCRISY

-- Posted by Swish on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:16 PM

Swish, there isn't much left to discuss on this game and there's still a week to go. If you can't have fun and joke around a little right now, I don't know when you can. Lighten up bud.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:21 PM

Agreed there is not much left to talk about, that's why I have not been on here talking about it. Lighten up? I was sitting here drinking a Coke and eating a Little Debbie, letting the world go by. Hypocrisy is not a word I usually associate with fun. It is one that screams in my face. But I will reset my reaction and take your word for it bud.

Calling someone a hypocrite is an act of hypocrisy. No charge for that tidbit.

-- Posted by Swish on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:35 PM

Big Papi, will Coach Farmer make any drastic changes in his strategy for round 2, and which Charleston player will need to step up if the Jays plan on winning this game?

-- Posted by Highriser on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:44 PM

I love fortune cookies too. But seriously, I do agree which is why I haven't posted too much on the Sikeston-Charleston topics either. That Cape-Sikeston thing a couple of years ago took all the desire to talk trash for months on end out of me. Hah. Also, been doing a lot of perusing on other sites for some other teams I support.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:44 PM

Swish, are you calling Jesus Christ a hypocrite?

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:46 PM

Are you calling my Grandfather a fortune cookie??

Just playing - that was actually a clever return of serve. You know they are bad for you right??? Drum roll.......... And the fortune cookie says the winner of the Charleston/Sikeston game will be the one who scores the most points!!!!!!!!!!!!1

-- Posted by Swish on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:53 PM

Come on now fellas there is plenty to talk about. In fact I having saving up all my non trash talk material for the week of the game. I think these two teams provide plenty of room for a lot of Xs and Os type discussion.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:53 PM

If you are the Creator of the universe you can call anybody anything you want. Are you comparing sideline to Jesus?

-- Posted by Swish on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 3:56 PM

Yup bunk the discussion will heat for the thrilla in manila next week! We need to have a "name the game" contest. Hmmm hows rumble at the showme jungle sound? Really lame!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:01 PM

Heat up

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:01 PM

Way too much business to take care of before that game to start that discussion.

-- Posted by Swish on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:02 PM

How about we call it "the Sikeston-Charleston game". I think it has a nice ring to it. If not that, I think my next best idea is "the Charleston-Sikeston game". After that, I'm out of ideas.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:04 PM

Sideline did Marshal Henderson tear his ACL or something because you are a little bit of sour Sally today.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:10 PM

LOL at Bunk!

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:13 PM

Sideline did u see that lutheran st charles beat duchesne?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:14 PM

I think that we should call the game "The Cash Grab" not that there is anything wrong with cash grabs.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:17 PM

It already has a name: "The Rivalry." That says it all!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:24 PM

Oh no, I'm in a great mood Bunk. I'm happy, healthy, my college basketball team is still undefeated in conference, all is good in the world of Sideline. I'm just also ready for this game to be over with.

I did not see that cirithungol. I'd like to see Scott's take on that game (not to rub in his comments on Lutheran but just because he knows more about what's going on in St. Louis than I do).

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:29 PM

Big Papi, I'll be your Huckleberry. I will play you at hoops all day/every day. I shoot it pretty well, move pretty well and am definitely big and strong enough that it will give you a big matchup problem. By the way, happy early Birthday tomorrow! Maybe you will get a jumpshot for a present! There are a few on here that know who I am and if I could smoke you on the court---ask around.

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:29 PM

Hey cirithungol, it was girl's basketball that Lutheran-St. Charles beat Duchesne.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 4:40 PM

Oh crap my bad! Thanks for enlightening me!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 5:04 PM

Okay I was going with for the game "Show-Me-TheMoney-Center" "home court dis-advantage" and one phrase "Will Farmers crop of players till up his Hollifield"

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 5:12 PM

If i remember right Jay Raulston had 30 against Sikeston his senior year

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 5:32 PM

Lutheran St Charles hasnt beat Duchesne as far as I know. been out of town all week, for the Sikeston charleston game I like Sikeston by 10.

-- Posted by stlscott on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 5:53 PM

Big papi good to have you back did you enjoy your vacation? Ive been on it a few times myself for who knows what reason.

-- Posted by stlscott on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 5:56 PM

It doesn't matter how you move Big Papi, I'm playing off of you so there is no way of getting around me. I can assure you I move just as well as you do. The only chance you have to beat me is to foul me everytime by trying to out muscle me---which won't work either. Keep practicing and I will let you know if I wanna get into your pocketbook.

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 6:46 PM

I actually bought tickets to the game. The Sikeston Reserved where sold out but was able to buy 2 Courtside seats! They said they had a few of those left. Evidentely they still have some Charleston Reserved left. Am looking forward to a GREAT Game for the Bulldogs!

-- Posted by Ball Hog on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 7:32 PM

Papi, did I start something? My bad.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 7:35 PM

LOL Big Papi, if you only knew who was on the other side of this keyboard you wouldn't say that dude. WHO said I was gonna let you have the jumper?? I will stay an arms length away, and at 6'6" I'm pretty sure I can check that shot of yours. You have bitten off more than you can chew this time. Still hoping you wish for a jumper on your 40th birthday, it would be about time for one!

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 7:46 PM

Sikeston leads Caruthersville 22-8 after one. Ruffin with three 3's already. Jones with seven I think.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 7:51 PM

Wrong thread

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 7:52 PM

Papi, we don't give out names/initials or things like that on here and I'm sure your cool with that. Just know that these long arms can check your shot all day and I am quick enough to contain the drive. You on the other hand have some problems ahead: I can shoot the heck out of it, use a wide assortment of fakes/inside-out dribbles/spins-fake spins, etc. Plus I am quick enough to get around you. IF we play, we will make 3's count at 2 and will play to 21. Best 3 out of 5. Also, I use my left just as well as my right.

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 8:03 PM

Nope, 21. 15 favors those who really can't play up to their competition. Besides, let's see what "great" shape your in since that is all you talk about. I will wear you out. Like I said, the only way your stopping me is by trying to play football out there and hacking, hacking, hacking. Period. Any questions? Trust me, your eyes will light up if/when you see who I am.

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 8:27 PM

Crying and whining and throwing out random attacks after mrh game? You're delusional. Go back and read it. I gave mrh full props and still do. Why do you make things up Papi?

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 9:43 PM

Never ending argument hoops. Horse is dead, buried and forgotten....but still getting whipped. lol

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 9:56 PM

Wrong person Papi. That was somebody else. I accept apologies in written form.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:07 PM

chs2mrh complimented semohoops on a great post that refuted one of yours. My memory is pretty well off the charts.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:09 PM

Cue history post by Papi trying to sound creative/funny.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:15 PM

I probably still won't care. Just a hunch.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:20 PM

Based on what I saw tonight I think sikeston wins the rematch by ten or so.

-- Posted by squawdad on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:29 PM

Big Papi as you call yourself. We will play to 21 that way there is no disputing what you are saying. You either in or your out. You will get wore down--trust me. Your already saying that you can't guard me legally. Tell you what, bring a friend. I will play you both 2 on 1. Advantage you. You still will struggle with my size. How 'bout it?

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:42 PM

Wrong as usual Papi...

One more thing - I found it a little odd that a class 3 school had that many big athletic kids living in its district. It must just be one of those anomalies.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:00 PM

AND HERE IS WHAT SEMOHOOPS POSTED....

MRH is a hell of a team. Dang good. I think Frazier does a great job with them and really had them inspired to beat his old rival. Sikeston was out-matched but very proud of the way the Bulldogs battle. They never, ever quit. Just too many horses to overcome on this night, although Sikeston actually controlled the boards. Disappointed to lose, but not disappointed with the effort out there. Incredible heart and determination.

There were way more Charleston fans there tonight than Maplewood fans. Quite a showing and very impressed with Maplewood. Looks like a college team trotting out there.

If the teams meet up, Maplewood would play Madison Prep in a sectional game. The winner of that would get Charleston in a quarterfinal if they all met. I haven't seen Madison this year, but I have a hard time believing they could beat this Maplewood bunch.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:26 PM

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 10:43 PM

Hoops you know better than to use logic and proof with Papi.

-- Posted by trainhard on Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 11:23 PM

Bluejay Pride!!! Bigpapi...somebody better tell him how we get down in Charleston, nobody cares if you're 6'6 and got a wingspan ...we been playing on the concrete for years dude...we have played against the best, and don't mind the challenge...The game has to be played before all that trash taking..I hope ur Kobe, if not nobody's scared..lol..Sweet Chuck ..I wanna see u hoop, cause I know Bigpapi is up for the challenge. Let's take it to the YMCA ..LOL ..I'm Don King!! Nobody plays to 21 unless ur playing bucket ..its 15, behind the arc 2pts.. Ill play u 2 for fun, it's not that serious 2 me, cause I fractured my big toe. Lbvs ..Sunday at YMCA 1:30??? You can come 2 bjlk, I will get u in..just remember this is for fun, we ain't getting paid for it. Get my drift

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:18 AM

Big papi I'd like to know who you are. 2004 grad of charleston. Played with Trent and Marcus on that team

-- Posted by Johnny "Drama" on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 2:40 AM

Sweet chuck and big papi = dumb & dumber. If you have to let people know how good you are then your game is probably as bad as your posts. Keep on!

-- Posted by caniplay on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 6:18 AM

I'm the one who brought up the big athletic guys on MRH. I wasn't questioning anyone's integrity, but rather making an observation. Look up the word anomaly. Educate yourself Papi.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 8:32 AM

Now, apologize to semohoops.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 8:33 AM

"Educate" and "papi" should never be used together in the same sentence rocket. Cmon man u should know that!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 9:13 AM

My bad...

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 9:26 AM

Papi needs to start his own forum entitled "Living in the Past: A History of Charleston Basketball For Haters Only". Then he could revel in all his glory with the only other two posters who actually care!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 9:38 AM

LOL caniplay!!!! True dat.

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 9:58 AM

I got next.

-- Posted by squawdad on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 10:14 AM

Papi, if you spent as much time on your jumper as you do on Semoball then you would have a decent chance at beating me at basketball. Go swim a couple of laps,get some stair-stepping in and then go in the gym and see if you can ever make two shots in a row. When you do, then hollar!! By the way, Happy Birthday!!!

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 11:31 AM

Blah blah blah. That's all I hear. Work on your game dude and I will give you a chance to see if your as good as YOU say you are!haha

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:00 PM

Sikeston's defense appears to be improving and their shot selection was better last nite. I think if they continue to get JT involved early in the game, Charleston's bigs are going to have a long nite.

-- Posted by Highriser on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 12:56 PM

Ur not gonna beat me up or anything if i come over and yap atya, right?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 1:00 PM

Tough guy alert!

-- Posted by caniplay on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 3:58 PM

Gonna pick me up chuck?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 5:07 PM

Big Papi is a nice guy. He's cool. Only faults are big mouth and a Charleston fan. Lol

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 26, 2013, at 7:04 PM

With just a over 24hrs until this highly, anticipated matchup. Highriser is once again asking each poster to predict the final score of "The Rivalry," aka Sikeston vs Charleston Round 2, and who will be the games MVP?

-- Posted by Highriser on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 2:53 PM

Just heard some breaking news out of Sikeston.. Don't want to post it until I get confirmation.. If any Sikeston posters want to post it they can

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 3:49 PM

High riser do you refer to yourself in the third person in real life or just on the Internet?

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 3:55 PM

C'mon sports nerd don't be a tease if you got a scope then spill

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 3:58 PM

Don't tell me someone is hurt or something!

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 3:59 PM

Well he's not talking so now I will have to wait until my son gets out of weight lifting to see if he knows anything

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 4:04 PM

My son says he has no clue what he's talking about that he thought everyone was at practice no one was hurt.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 4:41 PM

Hull is out for CHS; broken bone in foot

-- Posted by birdfan on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 5:42 PM

Sorry to hear that. Sounds painful hope he heals fast.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 5:45 PM

The blue jays will need to get rebounds, call out and set picks. Which I have not seen much talking on the floor and this is something they need to do. Help the other player out so he can get free. Blue Jays We Can Do This!!!!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 5:49 PM

JIMINEY CRICKETS!!!!!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:07 PM

...WE NEED HULL!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:08 PM

just kidding guys

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:13 PM

Blue Jays play hard and play smart! Minimize the turnovers. Parham step it up 2 notches because its in you. Carter and Foster play hard and play strong. Watson be prepared to hit those threes (Trey) and rebound with force and whoever else come in play hard and.play to win! One team= Teamball!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:29 PM

Papi, I don't have a big mouth. Therefore I don't need to back it up. Next time if you want to play, I'll practice before hand and make sure it hasn't been 7 months since I've picked up a ball. I'm not that good. You barely beat me. I heard u play all the time. So, if I would have put in a little more practice before hand or 'warming up', u might be eating some crow.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 6:38 PM

Del Bogan is a good player CHS won't be missing as much offense as you would expect. SHS better sleep on him tomorrow or he will bury some and affect the game.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:31 PM

That may be the way to go Papi. I can't attest to which Bogan's D is better but if Charleston wants to win they will have to do two things now

1) Everyone has got to pass to get the best shot possible since they don't have Hull's automatic jump shot. I like Del for this since he, Trey, and can pass really well and all three are slightly above average 3pt shooters

2) They better D up since they don't have that one guy who can definitely get them 15 points and shoot from any spot on the floor

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 7:51 PM

I still like my dogs but I will say Del has the highest ceiling of any Bluejay offensively in a long while including Tucker and Parham

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:10 PM

Defense is going to play a major role as well as offense. With or w/o Hull Blue Jays have to play 110%. D. Bogan is a good 3 pt shooter as well as defensive player but he need to look down court more and stop getting caught up in his dribbling. Play teamball and everythimg will be ok.

-- Posted by silentplayer on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:27 PM

Papi being capable doesn't mean it's likely. There is a possibility I will marry a beautiful actress but is it likely not so much. Del averages 8 points a game and Trey averages 5 and Ryan gets 6. Those are the most likely outcomes so far this season. Do I think one of those three will step up and score 15+ of course but that still won't cover the absence of Hull's 17 a game. Sikeston has bench guys who are capable of get double figures but they probably won't . Don't rely on what the maximum potential outcome for a player is for a win because you have to account for the other team's defense.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:30 PM

Papi, u have such a vivid imagination. Papi, u play anyone a little better than me, your toast. And I'm NOT that good, at all. With that being said, Sikeston by 8. Go Dogs!!

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:36 PM

Papi, why don't you guys have a rematch at the Y?

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:05 PM

D Bogan is a good player and he will step up tomorrow but it is going to take eveyone to win this game. R. bogan is and.will be the best defensive player in tomorrows game regardless of the outcome. Charleston 52-50

-- Posted by silentplayer on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:07 PM

Anytime.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:23 PM

Papi...you just called out. How about Sunday at the Y?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:46 PM

I said it today.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:48 PM

I'll be there Papi... Lets all go and watch.

It doesn't bother you if people watch you, does it?

Sikeston YMCA Sunday at 1 o'clock... Sounds like fun!

-- Posted by Matt Foley (Agitator) on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:03 PM

Y @ 1:30 Sunday. You game? The Y seems like such a neutral place for us. This time it will be what 3 weeks since I've picked up a ball. I've worked on my glass game too.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:05 PM

lol....good stuff. Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y.....Maybe they could close the gym off just for this. Does anyone think the Y would be up for it? lol

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:09 AM

I'm not driving up to Cape for just that. How about half time tonight? No, I know it won't happen. But that would be awesome.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:28 AM

No doubt that Hull being out is a major blow for the Blue Jays, but one thing that has not been mentioned is depth.

-- Posted by Swish on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:48 AM

Charleston has plenty depth and I still expect this to be a close game even without Hull in the lineup.

-- Posted by Norman Dale on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 6:52 AM

It's hard enough to replace Hulls leadership but u also have to replace 17.5 ppg

-- Posted by sikeston train on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:03 AM

Jays by 10

-- Posted by semotexex on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:12 AM

I don't know Y anyone would wanna play Big Papi---he is too good fellas!!!! Ask him!

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:25 AM

If this rematch happens, record it and post for us to enjoy!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:28 AM

Okay, I never once said, I would beat you. I said I would play you and I had confidence in my shot. You drove here, as a member of the Y from Cape?!? Just to 'put it on' a washed up, fat, bald man. Congrats. You succeeded. Now, you want a rematch. I wouldn't mind a rematch. Sounds like fun, but now your making excuses for me to come there. You had no problem coming here before. Now your obviously gonna be in Sikeston some time soon, so if not the Y. Then we can find another place in Sikeston. I have nothing to lose. Do you? If not this Sunday because of your game in Cape, how about next Sunday? You game? Sincerely, Old Fat Washed Up Cat

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:10 AM

Good luck tonight to our Bluejays. I hope both teams are injury free tonight. Expect a great game."THE RIVALRY" Continues!! The oldest rivalry west of the Mississippi. Charleston and Sikeston Fans should be proud of our tradition.

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:28 AM

Here come the cop outs..... Like I said Dogs by 8.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:43 AM

This game will come down to 3 things : Defense, Conditioning, and Coaching !!!

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:15 AM

I will start calling you, as bearcat says, Big Poopi from now on dude cause you are full of poopy!!! Like I said, you need to work on your game a LOT before I unleash this hurricane on you on the bball court!

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:22 AM

All I hear about the first games is the only reason we won was because of the ref's the ref's cheated. So if we win tonight on a neutral court what could possibly be the reason? I'm sure no matter where you play there will be bad calls for both teams but some ppl only see the bad calls made against their team not both teams. I'm so ready to get this game over with. People (adults) take the fun out of the game.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:15 PM

If I allowed message boards and blogs to dictate my enjoyment, or lack of enjoyment, I wouldn't visit those websites anymore. Just food for thought.

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:19 PM

Here's food for thought, I was talking about work.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:34 PM

Is this ballgame going to be webcasted, and is anyone paying attention weather there is snow coming that way.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:42 PM

If I allowed people are work to dictate my enjoyment, or lack of enjoyment, I'd quit. lol

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:45 PM

Dang as much as I'd love to quit my bill collectors just won't let me.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 1:47 PM

Where will the game be played if it is postponed????

I knew Hull could RAIN 3s, but I didn't know he could make it snow.

-- Posted by Swish on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 2:20 PM

Im in between a rock and hard place I was going to leave for cape but its snowing here and I beleive they just issued winter weather advisory for cape so if this game does happen can someone provide link to watch or listen?

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 2:59 PM

Rachel is doing her play by play on here. I'm sure 92.9 will broadcast it. It better not snow alot I'm one of those "freak out" drivers I'm worse in storms tho.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 3:03 PM

Thank you maam lets hope we get this one in.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 3:08 PM

Your welcome and it better be going on tonight because I'm about to head that way have things to do first

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 3:13 PM

semoespn.com will be doing the radio online Scott as well. I'm not going to be able to make it either but I'll be on the Cover-It-Live.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 3:24 PM

CHARLESTON-77

SIKESTON-63

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 3:25 PM

Me too sideline talk to you later.

Sikeston-68

Charleston 54

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 3:34 PM

Losing Hull is HUGE in this game. Not saying Charleston can't win but a tough game just got even tougher without their best shooter.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 3:36 PM

Cheese don't write off the Jays in this one. As you well know great defense can really offset an injury. Hull is a great player but the Jays have many good if not great players. I think the Jays rise to the occasion and beat Sikeston in a close one.

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 4:10 PM

Sikeston won the first game because a horrific second quarter with lots of turnovers. Refs had nothing to do with it. Look for the Jays to take better care of the basketball tonight.

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 4:15 PM

Who wins the JV Game? Place your bets!

-- Posted by RedShirt on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 4:55 PM

Radio station?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:15 PM

92.9 FM. semoespn.com

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:16 PM

Appreciate it bud

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:20 PM

Sikeston JV wins 58-39.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:21 PM

Sideline are u at the game?

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:37 PM

Nope.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:38 PM

I am in L.A. What is going on with the big game, please, guys? Thanks.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:43 PM

We lost our leading point maker via injury?!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:44 PM

Is the game online?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:46 PM

semoespn.com with the radio feed.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:47 PM

O.k. I got it. I am listening...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:49 PM

Thanks, Sideline.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:49 PM

8-2 Sikeson lead?!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:50 PM

No problem. And yes, Sikeston is gashing inside right now.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:51 PM

Yeah unable to attend this evening so thank God for the radio stream on my laptop while I put together this presentation. Go Dawgs!!! 11-2 Sikeston currently.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:53 PM

Get on the Cover It Live Bunk with all the cool kids.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:53 PM

Sikeston is HOT!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:55 PM

Why is Sikeston taking so many threes? Are they trying to blow us out?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:58 PM

They are a good team. We need to buckle down!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:58 PM

We shoot a lot of 3's generally. Ruffin has been absolutely hot lately. Sikeston took something like 33 against Kennett.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:58 PM

Sikeston leads by 10 points I believe the noise is screwing with the radio.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:00 PM

Jiminey Crickets!!!!!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:00 PM

Marketh Bratcher with a buzzer beater imagine that.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:00 PM

Sikeston leads Charleston 26-15 after one quarter.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:01 PM

I am going to have a heart attack. I am from the old school, I don't remember Sikeston being this competitive versus Charleston from back in the day?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:02 PM

It seems to me that Sikeston is just more talented?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:02 PM

Join the new age Compton we won a title, had an undefeated season and everything. Reese having a game tonight.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:03 PM

We don't need anymore injuries!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:05 PM

I can dig it, Bunk. I guess so?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:05 PM

Jiminey Crickets!!!!!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:09 PM

We are missing layups?!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:13 PM

...and free throws?!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:14 PM

Let's go!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:15 PM

Reese in foul trouble and JT got hit in the legs and is staggered. Here is CHS shot to get back in this.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:15 PM

Fouls and players going down like crazy this game is a dogfight.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:19 PM

Sikeston leads Charleston 44-29 at half.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:20 PM

This is unbelievable?!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:20 PM

44-31 Sikeston over Charleston at half.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:21 PM

My, how the tides have turned back home?!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:21 PM

Bums are killing it tonight by the way.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:23 PM

I believe Sikeston has won something like six of the last eight games they have played against Charleston.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:23 PM

I understand. I am impressed, to be honest. I can remember when Sikeston was an afterthought in basketball.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:25 PM

Yeah you should come back to good ol' Missouri something Compton things have changed some.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:25 PM

I do not care what anybody says about vashown being a good pointguard!! He can not handle any kind of pressure!!!! He is getting flat out killed by our guards tonight!! If he even wants to make a run at all state he need to learn how to handle some pressure!! He's all hype but no show when it comes to the pointguard position!!

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:29 PM

You are aware that you guys are losing right now right?

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:30 PM

^^ Dumbest post possibly ever.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:30 PM

He was all-state last year.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:30 PM

That was directed at bluejay pride, bunk just beat me to it.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:31 PM

I would like to come back home, but...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:31 PM

Let's just say that I miss the high school sports scene from back home.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:31 PM

It's cool Scott I figured that.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:32 PM

Where's my good friend?

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:32 PM

I am pleased, being an old schooler like "The Fonz," that we can possibly have multiple respresentation in many classes in Columbia this year. I hope that Oran, Leopold, the Dexter women, Bernie, Advance, Oak Ridge, some other teams besides the usuals, etc., can make it this year. Yes, I realize that some of these teams are in the same classifications.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:35 PM

Well one team showed up to play.. Sikeston bench is playing well CHS what can we say they are just sluggish on defense. Hopefully the 2nd half makes for a better game

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:36 PM

Parham took a 3pt shot. Where is the chorus saying he ain't a real PG?

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:36 PM

Hull being hurt is a problem?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:42 PM

Sikeston leads Charleston 61-48 after three quarters.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:52 PM

This is like entering another dimension?!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:53 PM

I am baffled, confused, bamboozeled, perplexed...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:54 PM

...from Lincoln School to Vine St. in Charleston to Sunset and The Bottom in Sikeston; this is unreal/unbalancing? It is not the natural order of things?!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:56 PM

Sikeston leads by 10 with 57 seconds to go

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:09 PM

Sikeston defeats Charleston 71-64.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:13 PM

This makes me want to listen to "Contract on the World Love Jam" by Public Enemy...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:19 PM

The Jays would've taken it if they had 2 more minutes but great game at the end! Hopefully both teams will take state!

-- Posted by semotexex on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:21 PM

I don't think so. Everytime Charleston was making a run, Sikeston responded. They let the air out as much as they could in the last few minutes to limit possessions. That's just a difference of opinion, Tex. It was a really fun game though. Great job by both teams and hopefully both will be state champs.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:23 PM

I've been out of pocket. Did Hull play...because they final score seems awfully close to me.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:25 PM

That*

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:25 PM

let it begin lol......great job sikeston,,keep your heads up ctown,sikeston is just the better team this year hope both teams make it to state

-- Posted by kmasters on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:26 PM

He did not play. Sikeston built a ten to fifteen point lead and just nursed it right around there the rest of the night.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:26 PM

Here we go

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:27 PM

Great game. Darrion Carter hustles. I hope Foster is okay. Props to the Bluejays for never giving up. But we now know who is #1 round hurrrr...

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:27 PM

Wow. Would have expected a bigger margin of victory than that without one of their top players playing.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:28 PM

one thing that was shown was the gap in talent between those teams and the other teams in the area. Sikeston was the better team tonight but sad we never got to see what charleston could do at complete 100% strength

-- Posted by cape222 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:28 PM

I think so sideline. I think Sikeston ran out of magic in the end. Bratcher was lights out tonight though. Would be nice to see both teams bring home some hardware, but i'm extremely worried about both teams.

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:28 PM

does anyone know if hull is done for the year or not?

-- Posted by cape222 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:29 PM

We'll never know, Rings. Hah. Both teams have some major hurdles to overcome. Districts will be very tough for Sikeston. Charleston has NMCC lurking and getting better along with such a tough quarterfinal. It'll be fun to watch.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:30 PM

We have seen what Charleston did against sikeston at 100% they got beat.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:31 PM

No whining, no bragging, just sit back and enjoy a great game. Just another reason why Sikeston/Charleston is the best rivalry in the state. Not a rivalry but THE RIVALRY!

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:31 PM

Yeah I like both teams chances in districts but they have challengers in the form of a healthy Kennett team and NMCC.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:32 PM

...or "Lost at Birth" by Public Enemy!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:36 PM

Right sideline. Scott we know that already, but that was early December. Do you honestly believe Sikeston beats a healthy Charleston team tonight?

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:36 PM

Yes

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:38 PM

Good game, Bulldogs. Good luck the rest of the way.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:38 PM

Yes Sikeston still beats a Charleston team with Hull. Del played out his mind tonight and he doesn't do that if Hull gets his normal minutes so yes CHS would still lose.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:39 PM

Sideline, you're right on. Man, if the Jays would've knocked down FTs and layups at a reasonable percentage, who knows? But Sikeston took it to em. My hat's off to the Dogs.

Great game and like Fatboy said, THE RIVALRY. Both teams have some strong clubs in their way to state but I'm bringing back the old SEMO POWER vibe from '75. Can 3 SEMO teams take state this year? Long shot I know....

-- Posted by semotexex on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:42 PM

I could see a CHS/SHS/Leopold/Oran final four runs that would be some fun stuff.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:43 PM

My bad sideline I wasn't trying to direct that question to you. You're a Sikeston Fan right? So I wouldn't expect you to give Charleston any credit there.

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:45 PM

I might actually fly up to Columbia from here in Houston to see that. I'd love to see SEMO take out some city hot shots. Frazier has Maplewood clicking on all cylinders tho.

-- Posted by semotexex on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:46 PM

I'm not taking credit away from Charleston, I'm just giving the credit to Sikeston that I think they would win. Again, we will never know but we won once when both teams were healthy. You can't always just rationalize things away.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:48 PM

Thanks Papi. Bogan definitely showed out big time tonight. Good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:05 PM

What am I rationalizing away by aking a question? Sideline You stated your opinion I stated mine. I'm a Charleston Fan you're a Sikeston fan of course we will side with our respective teams. I respect that in you though. At least you stick with your team.

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:13 PM

To me, Markeith Bratcher was the difference maker; he was in the "zone"....seemed like everything he put up touched nothing but the bottom of the net, from whereever he shot, whether he was covered or wide open. Everytime CHS would start a little run, SHS would answer and it was usually Bratcher.

And, Ruffin is no slouch either when it comes to filling it up!

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:14 PM

Sikeston was the better team tonight. They are very well coached and come out ready to play! I thought c'town equaled their intensity in the second half but too man missed ft's and bratcher stalled every run. Hats off to sikeston and hopefully charleston can get healthy to make a run in the playoffs.

-- Posted by gerardo on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:15 PM

It is all good, Rings. I do agree that we are going to see a different point of view on it. The only information that can be used at this point is the results we have.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:15 PM

I am really glad that most everyone is in good spirits tonight and that we can all move on to looking towards districts and rooting for each other.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:16 PM

I know people on here know that I am not a major homer. I don't make outlandish claims. If I think NMCC will lose, I say it, if I think they will win, I'll say it. Not saying NMCC will beat charleston, I'm just saying if the charleston team I saw tonight shows up to districts, I think NMCC could give them a very competitive game. I didn't see anything charleston did that NMCC couldn't do. I know I'll prolly get bashed by the charleston guys, but oh well. I just think it would be a very competitive game and I could see scenarios where the outcome could go either way. Great game tonight and great atmosphere! Good game bulldogs.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:18 PM

Best chant of the night........"BRITTANY GRINER BRITTANY GRINER BRITTANY GRINER!!!!! When Foster was shooting free throws!!!

-- Posted by Brownbomber on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:20 PM

Oh no doubt, Sideline it's all good. I'm too old for it not to be.haha. Both schools still have a huge shot @ bringing home the hardware. Just have to tighty up the little things like free throw shooting, boxing out, and limiting turnovers. Hope we get Hull back by playoff time.

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:25 PM

Congratulations Sikeston...Wish y'all the best of luck on the rest of your season..hopefully u guys will make it to state and bring home the class 4A championship..Then we can say, at least we lost to the state champs..I'm just glad its all over with..Now we can talk about Districts..Its still BlueJay Nation!! Way 2 Fight back jays and not give up when things was looking bad

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:27 PM

That was a good game. Thanks both teams for making it exciting!! Good job Dawgs!

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:27 PM

That is not appropriate.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:41 PM

No doubt about it, Sikeston came out and hit us in the mouth in the first quarter. The Jays looked a little out of sorts in the first half, but in the second half when Foster was knocked around two or three times, I think our young men started playing with much more intensity. Proud of the way our young men kept battling in the face of adversity and **** near made an epic comeback. What's the old saying "We didn't lose, we just ran out of time. Not making excuses, but I think the Jays showed that they are a team to be respected even when one of their leading scorers goes down. Congratulations to the Bulldogs for a great win. Hoping that both the Bulldogs and the Jays can bring home some state hardware this year.

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:43 PM

Kinda hard to say Ruffin cant handle the pressure when he was double teamed most of the time. Name me a pt guard that can consistently break double teams and never turn it over?? Chill blue jay pride. The Jays did what every one thought, double Ruffin and make someone else bring it up. Did anyone criticize who was guarding JT, or was trying to guard him bringing it up? Nope. Its called adjustments and Sikeston made theirs and Charleston tried. Once Sikeston made their adjustment, JT took care of it and pressure was relieved.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:47 PM

Trust me, we as c'town fans know all about bad officiating and that wasn't the case tonight. Thought the refs did a pretty good job. Missing the front end of 4 one and one's in the 4th sank our ship.

-- Posted by gerardo on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:58 PM

Excellent game tonight! It was fun, and exciting the whole time. I hated to see that Hull was out, and I hope that Sumner can come back from the injuries that he had tonight. The busted lip was an ugly play. I was right in front of it and it looked pretty bad. He had his bell rung pretty good a couple of times. I have to hand it to Del, he's a heck of a player. One kid I have enjoyed watching play from C'town is Parham. My only question is why he doesn't take more shots? He showed in the first game that he can shoot. I just expected more from him tonight. I've always liked watching him play. All in all, whoever the victor was tonight, I thought it was a good game. Best of luck to the Jays, I'll be rooting for them. I hope that they can shut the STL fans up by getting to Maplewood and knocking them out of the playoffs. Time to shelf the rivalry and start rooting for each other. Go Jays and go Dogs!

-- Posted by '95Bulldog on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:00 PM

Excellent post Bulldog. Shelf it until next year and lets double team the rest of the state!!

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:05 PM

I second that. If Sikeston brings the same level of intensity that they did against charleston both times they should make it to Columbia without a doubt. Charleston has a tougher path but if we can get healthy I think we are as good as any team in our class! Go jays and dogs from here on out...

-- Posted by gerardo on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:14 PM

I figured you would ;) but I do disagree on the same team part. Without Hull, it is not the same team. With him in the game, I think they could have pulled out the win! Sorry I didn't get to come introduce myself, I forgot what section you were in haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:14 PM

Congrats sikeston , good win and good game . After seeing both teams in a week I thought sikeston would win by around ten points. Good luck to both

-- Posted by squawdad on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:32 PM

Ruffin has a lot of talent which leads to him having to take a lot of responsibility. He can't be perfect all the time but he's been great a lot of this season and more than gotten the job done. Both teams went all out tonight. They played hard nose, physical basketball and put on a really fun show for everyone. Markeith made the difference and is continuing his breakout run late in the season.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:49 PM

Congratulations, to the Bulldogs for showing up, and showing out tonite at the Show Me Center. The Bluejays didn't back down and also played great tonite, but the better team won! Overall, it was a good team effort, but the MVP award goes to Markeith Bratcher aka "Gunsmoke."

-- Posted by Highriser on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:01 AM

Papi, I wasnt meaning Ruffin never turned it over, I said name one that gets double teamed and doesnt turn it over....Hey with that kind of pressure, 99% of guards will give it up or turn it over. Good game by both, great atmosphere, and just a peek at what SEMO bball has in store for districts and playoffs.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 6:26 AM

@Bunk, Del plays just as much as Hull if not more than. Del is the first to come in regardless of who goes out the game. In blowout games Hull is out most of the game. So with Hull in the game it would have been a different game because Del would have played and scored regardless. They are really the only two who drives to the hole. With that being said add Hulls pts to the outcome and I know we would have won. The Jays tend to play a lot better with Hull in than out. Anyone who follows them knows this. To Hull, we missed you last night but it is what it is! My hat goes off to my boy Markeith he played a great game. Congrats to the Bulldogs! Wishing you the best the remainder of your season!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:16 AM

Congrats to Sikeston. I thought Sikeston played great team ball in the first half. When JT hurt his leg (it looked like an ankle injury to me), Sikeston was not as effective after that. I think that they would have won by a lot more if JT was 100%. I hope him playing on the injury did not make it worse. Charelston played hard but they clearly missed Hull. They looked like only 80% of the team I saw back at the Fieldhouse in December. Fouls favored Charleston. The pudgy, short ref should retire. He is too short and slow to ref games in Southeast Missouri.

-- Posted by citizen cyborg on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:21 AM

Silentplayer, you know Charleston would have won? That's funny, didn't Sikeston already beat Charleston when they had Hull in the lineup? The fact is you don't know any such thing. You may believe it, but you will never know. And since Sikeston has already beaten a full strength Charleston team, it even makes your belief suspect.

The truth is that with Hull on the floor, Charleston's defense isn't as tough. He may add some points, but that also likely causes more scoring for Sikeston. The real truth is that we will never know what the outcome would have been, and your brazen statements about what you "know" aren't provable. I understand you are a Charleston homer, but the fact is Sikeston is just the better team this year.

-- Posted by Norman Dale on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:27 AM

To Sumner, I pray that you are ok and congratulations on signing you deserve it!!!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:29 AM

Agreed cyborg. The officiating definitely favored Charleston. Sikeston was never in the bonus at any point in the game. It looked like the refs swallowed their whistles even when Charleston was trying to foul late in the fourth quarter. Nonetheless, Sikeston won that game in spite of the officiating.

And Jones' injury certainly slowed him down a bit, but he still played but great intensity. You have to admire his tenacity. I haven't seen the box score, but I would think he put up a double double on a bum ankle.

-- Posted by Norman Dale on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:35 AM

Silent player so your telling me that Bogan plays as many minutes if Hull is playing. There is no way and not enough spaces on the court for that. Just accept it SHS won twice and there are no excuses or grounds to say what if

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:45 AM

I definitely admire JT for sticking it out. I just really enjoy watching him compete. And I agree Norman that he did play with intensity. But I was watching him closely and with his bum ankle he could not move to the ball or jump well when rebounding and it affected his ability to guard with Charelston players driving into the paint. I saw Sikeston do some things tonight that will help them in their hunt for a state title. JT and Bratcher have continued to improve. Ruffin is very solid. Got to watch shot selection and learn to take time off the clock when you are up by 15-20 points. Eventually someone's heart is going to be broken by a team stealing a game that should have been won after the third quarter.

-- Posted by citizen cyborg on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:50 AM

@ cape222...When I interviewed Thompson after the game he said Hull is out for AT LEAST 6 weeks. Said he really doubted if he would be back.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 9:51 AM

Silentplayer, who did Sumner sign with? The kid is good athlete, and I wish him the best!

-- Posted by Highriser on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:44 AM

Just can't accept a good hard fought game on both sides? Have to bring in the officiating and say it favored Charleston. That's laughable! Just because one team had more fouls than the other doesn't mean the officiating favored one team over the other.

I saw numerous fouls committed by Sikeston that weren't called, some quite obvious. But, there were also fouls committed by Charleston that weren't called. And, not only fouls; numerous floor violations that occurred on both ends that weren't called.

I was hoping no one would go there, but I guess some just can't resist.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:48 AM

It happened after the first game too Birdfan. It can't shock you that much hah. Hope all is well with you.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:54 AM

Nah, no surprise, really....I'm surprised it didn't surface sooner due to the physicality of the game. But, since it didn't, I guess I was too naive into thinking everyone just accepted it as a hard fought game with everything being left on the court......oh, well

Getting my strength back, slowly but surely. The flu bug is no walk in the park; and, I had a flu shot!! Thanks for your well wishes.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:59 AM

I didn't have any problem with the officiating until the end when Charleston was TRYING to foul and they still wouldn't call it lol. But it had no bearing in the game.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 12:00 PM

Foster signed with Lincoln in Jeff City to play football.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 12:00 PM

Bird, my exact words were, "Fouls favored Charleston". That is after complimenting Charleston and saying I did not think they played their best game without Hull. Statistically, as you have pointed out, that is a correct statement. If you have been taking Tamiflu, it has a tendency to cause irritability and at times delirium. Best to reserve further comment till you are fully recovered and the drug is cleared from your system.

-- Posted by citizen cyborg on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 12:34 PM

Did I call you out, citizen cyborg? Don't think so. Yet, you resort to calling me irritable and delirious?

"Agreed cyborg. The officiating definitely favored Charleston. Sikeston was never in the bonus at any point in the game. It looked like the refs swallowed their whistles even when Charleston was trying to foul late in the fourth quarter. Nonetheless, Sikeston won that game in spite of the officiating."

The above posted by your buddy, Norman Dale.

Now, do you have enough character to apologize for your remarks?

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 12:56 PM

Birdfan I'm still waiting on Papi's apology to me for accusing me of posting stuff I didn't. Don't think it's gonna happen though lol.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 1:04 PM

I'm still waiting on apologies from the Cape fans from two years ago for saying Curtis Branch wouldn't make a big difference between the first and second Sikeston-Cape games.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 1:07 PM

Since we are talking about the refs....Do you think that the refs called the foul correctly on Ctown at the end of the game? I am referring to the foul on Reese Porter. My personal opinion the kid should have been tossed from the game. Yes, I am a Sikeston fan; however, if my son would have done that I would have walked down there to the bench and yelled at my son to get to the locker room. Again that is just me. Have fun with the answers...

-- Posted by dog2167 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 1:10 PM

Intentional foul was the correct call. An ejection would have been harsh in my opinion. It was a frustration foul and looked violent, which it was but I don't think you eject a kid for that. Those are saved for punches, fights, a second technical, etc.

However, if that same foul happened in the NBA, that's probably a flagrant 2, which means ejection. Different interpretation of the rules.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 1:16 PM

Since I was the one who first commented on the officiating I thought you were calling me out about a simple remark. The remark about being "irritable and delirius" was meant in fun but if I offended you, yes I do have the character to apologize. I apologize. I have always enjoyed your posts and respected you. I rarely post on here because people on this forum get their nut sacks in a knot to quickly for my liking. My apologies to females posting on this site for the nut sack remark.

-- Posted by citizen cyborg on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 1:21 PM

^^^^^^^^Post above directed to Birdfan^^^^^^^^^

-- Posted by citizen cyborg on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 1:26 PM

I think if you get thrown out of the game for that type of foul, those kinda fouls would stop!

That was uncalled for!

-- Posted by Sikeston fan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 1:52 PM

Folks, I think we've officially identified today's troll. Give 'em a hand!

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 1:56 PM

Thanks, citizen cyborg.....your apology accepted and I respect you for being a stand-up guy.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:06 PM

Semohoops,

Good post. I do not like how high school, college and nba view this differently. IMO last night, that foul could've started a huge brawl. Especially if that game was at a high school gym where fans were closer to the action. I just, respectfully, do not agree with just a technical foul. If you watched the individual that committed the foul after he did it...you could tell he was trying to start something. When Coach Farmer took him out, a Sikeston player was bent over stretching and he intentionally bumped him. I applaud Coach Farmer for taking him out.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:24 PM

I agree that in a smaller gym with fans on top of the action, that could have provoked an ugly scene. Great job by both teams and schools for handling it well.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:32 PM

No problem Bird. Next to Sikeston being in Columbia I would rather see no other team more than Charleston get there. And I loved that they kicked _ss over in Metropolis. Can't stand those guys over there. Given Charleston's success in the past I have probably watched more post-season games of theirs than those of Sikeston. Best of luck for the Jays. Both teams are winners after playing at SEMO. I hope Hull gets to come back before the post-season starts.

-- Posted by citizen cyborg on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:38 PM

Now that few have commented on this....leads me to another question. Is this going to happen at the SMC for several more years?

Follow-up question. I know that Sikeston looks to be very deep again for the next couple of years. How does CTown look? To me, they look down. NOT saying they will be because Farmer is a great coach. But they are losing several key members such as Webster, Hull, and Parham. Also losing Davis, Watkins, Henderson and Carter. That is quite a bit of players.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:41 PM

Webster is a junior I believe.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:44 PM

Charleston's seniors are Parham, Hull, Foster, Carter, Watkins, and Davis I think. Am I missing anyone?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:47 PM

I didn't mean Webster. My fault. I meant Foster

-- Posted by dog2167 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:47 PM

So, Sideline, what do you think about next years team? Could NMCC, with the likes of Jimerson, overtake the Juggernaut in CTown next year?

-- Posted by dog2167 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:49 PM

I don't know. It just all depends. I haven't started thinking about it too much considering how much we still have left in this season. I think New Madrid would be my early favorite because of how much a gamechanger Jimerson is along with having such a young nucleus getting time this year but I'll be able to parcel it out more thoroughly after the season is over.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:52 PM

@Bunk and Norman Dale So are you trying to tell me out of the five that start Hull has the less effective defense, well I would beg to differ. What you are failing to realize is that if Hull was able to play he wouldn't have been the one sitting the bench. His defense plays a major role as well. Understand, the defense would have been much better with Hull in the lineup and Del would have been on the floor as well but just not in Hull's position. Do you really think when it comes down to defense and Hull was 100%, coach Farmer would take Hull out of the game. Remember the first game who was on the floor when Charleston made a come back, Hull surely wasn't sitting the bench. Hull had an off night as well as the rest of the blue jays the first game but Hull still scored 18pts.

Just fyi, I wouldn't take anything from Del because Del is a very good player and he is a very respectable young man, and he will only improve as time go by. And yes Del does get just as much playing time as Hull because he comes in for Parham,and Watkins as well and sometimes there is Hull, Parham and D. Bogan on the floor. Just because you come off the bench doesn't mean you get less playing time. So talk what you know and not what you think you know.

Yes, Sikeston won last night but if I want to know that my team would have won with Hull on the floor, then that is my opinion and I stick to that. I am a Blue Jay fan and I do not apologize for that! But regardless of what you may think, Sikeston won. They have a really good team and I knew that Charleston would have to play really really tough even if Hull was in the game but for you to say that Hull wouldn't have made a difference defensively as well as offensively, why not ask someone who knows, like the guys that he holds and the guys who doesn't hit their average shots for that night. Once again congratulations to Sikeston on their win. Wishing you the best!!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:55 PM

"Yes, Sikeston won last night but if I want to know that my team would have won with Hull on the floor, then that is my opinion and I stick to that."

Having an opinion about something and knowing something are two different things.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:57 PM

NMCC loses a ton to graduation too (Thatch, Haney, McGloson, Harrell, ???) They will have a very different looking lineup that will be more guard oriented with not much size. But if I had my choice between guards and big men, I'm taking guards. You gotta get the ball up the floor and Jimerson can surely do that.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:59 PM

Charleston in my opinion will be down as much as you can expect a Charleston program to be down next year. You have the highly talented Bogans returning and Webster back as well. I'm sure they will have a few sophomores, seniors, or juniors we haven't really seen step up and benefit from Del's excellent passing and instincts. But I have no idea who those kids will be because the JV and Freshman teams lacked those kids with that blend of skill, size, speed, and basketball intelligence you expect from a Charleston player. We will see though.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:01 PM

About the game. I thought that the refs missed several calls. I do think one ref was more biased towards one team than the other. NOT saying which team at all! OR which ref!

I do believe CTown played better without Hull last night though! The Bogan brothers played very, very good defense. They did miss Hull's knockdown 3 pointers as they only went 2/12.

I do need to point out one thing though! I give the sportsmanship award to.......Ryan Parham! I am a Sikeston fan, but what he did last night was showing great sportsmanship. If you did not see it let me tell you what happened. Ruffin scored a layup and was knocked to the ground hard. Parham got the ball and instead of having numbers going the other way...Parham picked Ruffin up off the floor and let him get back before end bounding the ball. I can tell you I have not always thought highly of Parham. BUT last night he proved me wrong!

-- Posted by dog2167 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:01 PM

Parham is a great kid based on everything I've seen and heard and my own personal discussions with him.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:03 PM

Ok silent player what your getting at is that Farmer would have benched Ryan Parham for the rest of the game if Hull had been healthy? That's improbable because yesterday he was everyone's favorite CHS player on this site so I betcha he gets the benefit of the doubt. Ok so maybe you mean Watkins sits the bench most of the game and Del plays most of his minutes instead. This is more plausible but still wrong because if Farmer felt that way he would have done it by now.

I never said Hull can't play defense go look up my match up analysis posted last Sunday if don't believe that. My point that you are not understanding is Del played more last night than he has all season and he had scoring comparable to what Hull is usually gets but he can't shoot and hit those shots if he is on the bench while Hull is shooting. There are no indicators to believe that Del gets the green light to be on the floor and shoot those shots if Hull isn't in street clothes because it hadn't happened in the 21 prior games.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:16 PM

Sideline, who asked you? I don't think many Charleston fans think they played better without Hull. But anyways, peace!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:22 PM

In the words of an old newspaper column title, "Nobody asked me, but..." I did provide the facts for the good of the board. I'll help to provide the facts when they are off.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:26 PM

Davis hasn't been on the team for a while now.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:35 PM

Silentplayer,

I agree with you. They did not say they PLAYED better without Hull. But I do believe someone on here stated that they will still win without him. Something along those lines. I do not want to put exact words because it will then be calling a certain individual out; however, it was said that you guys would be ok without him and would still win.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:36 PM

No, Bunk, I'm definitely not saying Parham would have been on the bench because that is not likely. But we all know that it wouldn't have been Hull unless he fouled out. And yes bunk, Del does have the green light. Del is put in the game to score even when Hull is on the floor, that is what he does. Del is a scorer and he plays great defense. It's just that there are two shooters on the floor and not one. So, therefore neither one hits as many points. Peace, guy! I am tired of debating!!! You win

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:37 PM

dog2167, I may have said that myself but I was only hoping that we would win and trying to motivate the team and their fans. Of course, I am not going to say, I know we will lose. Sikeston has a great team but they were playing the Blue Jays!!! So, I have to cheer for my team. But I do hope for Sikeston to go all the way.

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:46 PM

I have posted on this before, but Charleston will certainly take a step back next year, although Bogan, Bogan and Webster are good players. They will be pretty good, but I don't believe they will make a state run. I really think NMCC will be the favorite in that distict for at least the next couple of years. AFter next year...will be Del Bogan and.....not sure. They always have guys step up but I do think they will be down as much as Charleston can get down. Sikeston on the other hand, should continue to have some realy good teams. They have quite a bit of young talent.

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 3:56 PM

Ok maybe I'm not qualified Papi but you just made my argument for me. If Hull had healthy all three starters get those starter/senior minutes and Del doesn't get to play as much as he did last night. I'm very high on Del Bogan and Mike Hull for that matter and your right when it comes to being able to consistently score or getting the ball to somebody else in a good spot to score it's Del. I was just trying to say that unfortunately for you guys the less he plays the higher the probability is that you guys lose to Sikeston last night. That is all I'm saying

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 4:05 PM

By the way Papi I said that with confidence due stats Del had been putting up. They are high for bench player but odd and a little low for a starter of similar talent. So that suggest he is ready to start and produce but just isn't getting that playing time. Stats can help reveal patterns even if you haven't seen the all the games.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 4:09 PM

Heard that Sumner Foster had to have several stitches in the upper part of the inside of his mouth and has a concussion. For those of you who didn't see the game, in reading the above posts and this one, this gives you an indication of how rough this game was.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:46 PM

Big Papi...I'll bite on this one. Yes, banging down low is very tough. Especially in this game. Both teams inside got banged up. Foster got beat up pretty good. HOWEVER, my statement about the intentional foul was dead on. It WAS as bad as it looked. The kid seriously could've have been serious injuried. On top of that, the kid laughed and was aging it on with the other kids on the floor as he left. Come on Papi. Quit being a homer. Like I said before, if it were my son he'd be in huge trouble.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:22 PM

If my memory serves me, Jairius was attacking the rim on a layup, protecting the ball as we all were taught, and Sumner was trying to block it, as we all were taught. He didn't throw an elbow, or try to hit Foster, simply make a layup. Incidental contact, nothing more. It was unfortunate for Sumner, cause he plays so hard.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:33 PM

Everybody went physical and played their heart out. Was their tension? Yes. Did it cause some unnecessary roughness in the game? Yes. JT should have been fouled on that screen. Everyone knows it. However, he wasn't intentionally going after Sumner. Sumner just had some rotten luck last night. Was Watkins trying to hurt Reese? No. He was just frustrated and made a dumb foul that wound up giving Reese a nasty wrist injury. I'm not saying Papi is wrong nor barkley nor dog. It is just time to let all these talks of the injuries of the game go. All the players are still friends and understand. If they are ok, we should be too.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 12:22 AM

I was trying to say that I was primarily on your side of the argument.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 1:05 AM

YMCA tomorrow at1:30 ???

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 8:36 PM

maybe he would have kicked a ball at the other team?

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 10:55 PM

Congrats to Sumner, that's great news about his signing! I don't think that Watkins' foul on Reese was any more than a flagrant. We have to understand that every kid that plays basketball in our respective towns is raised to despise and hate the other when it comes to basketball. I know that these kids play a lot of basketball with each other in the off season, and there are some true friendships in there. Ryan helping up Ruffin was a classy move. I went to school with Shawn Ruffin, Vashawn's dad, and everything I remember about him on and off the court is good. I may be wrong about the previous statement, but I can see where he gets his talent. I feel that most of the tension comes from the fans, and the kids are out there to represent their school, fans, and their town. I would go so far to say that I will buy a Bluejay t-shirt and cap and sit in the stands on Charleston's side and root for these guys in their playoff run. And any team that plays Notre Dame, I will don their colors too!

-- Posted by '95Bulldog on Mon, Feb 4, 2013, at 1:51 PM

That's messed up about ND, if we play them in districts you can wear black and gold

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Mon, Feb 4, 2013, at 2:16 PM

I will be there rooting against Notre Dame every opportunity I have. I'm guessing you are from Kennett, my mother lives there, so I would be somewhat partial I guess.

-- Posted by '95Bulldog on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 3:22 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.