[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (90) More threads Create thread

Week of 1/12/13 Small School Power Rankings
Posted by Uncle Charlie on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:06 PM:

Top of the morning to everyone! I decided to go along and carry out with an updated "unofficial rankings" since last week's thread seemed to get a good number of hits. This week's rankings are a little mixed up from last week's but here they are:

1. Holcomb (Last week: 1)

2. Oran (Last week: 2)

3. Leopold (Last week: 6)

4. Hayti (Last week: 5)

5. Bernie (Last week: 3)

6. Advance (Last week: 4)

7. Portageville (Last week: 8)

8. South Pemiscot (Last week: 7)

9. SCC (Last week: 10)

10. Oak Ridge (Last week: 9)

Bubble: St. Vincent, Chaffee, Risco

Let me hear it!

Replies

I like your top 10 . So hard to rank them this year seeing how anyone of those 10 teams could beat the other any given night. Looks good though.

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:14 PM

i agree this year the small schools are pretty equal to each other...

-- Posted by kmasters on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 5:42 PM

I agree with your rankings 100% Unc!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 8:27 PM

1. Holcomb

2. Hayti

3. Oran

4. Leopold

5. Bernie

6. Advance

7. Portageville

8. Scott County Central

9. Risco

10. South Pemiscot

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 9:46 PM

Chaffee is approaching my Top 10.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 9:49 PM

I will add the only team in my Top 10 I haven't watched play at least one game this season is Leopold.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 10:44 PM

I haven't watched Crystal City. But they are jumping out to me as a team in Class 2, District 4, with a chance to keep all the Class 2 teams in the southeast Missouri region out of the final four.

The only thing I have to go by is game scores. Has anyone watched Crystal City play this season?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 10:48 PM

Granted Crystal City has two losses and a win against St. Vincent and a loss to Valle Catholic. Crystal City beat Park Hills Central, but lost to South Iron by 17. Also granted I know nothing about some of the other teams in their district such as Barat Academy, New Haven, Crossroads College Prep, Elsberry and Kingston.

Anyone have thoughts on the favorite in Class 2, District 4? Is it St. Vincent, Crystal City, New Haven, Valle Catholic or another team?

I'm sure Bill Shakespeare will be quick to jump in and offer his educated opinion on such a question considering his team participates in this district.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 10:56 PM

Dustin i have watched crystal city play a few times got a nice big man in brian degere he is skilled and about 6'5 but every time i think they are good they lose like you said to south iron by 17 so i don't know on this team.But crossroads is probably the favorite they won a district last year.And Elsberry is fairly good from what i have heard have not seen them in person.I would ask you and uncle charlie is twin rivers in the mix somewhere they beat portageville big!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:16 PM

Twin Rivers is in Class 3. Their path to the final four goes through Charleston, Caruthersville and NMCC in their district tournament at Malden.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:19 PM

OH,Iknow not much of a chance to get to columbia i waa talking about in the poll sorry about that!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:24 PM

Crystal City was good enough to get to the Class 3 quarterfinals last season. But arguably the best play on that team is now the best guard on a community college team in Poplar Bluff, Mo.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:25 PM

Crystal City played Class 3 state champion Charleston to eight points in the state quarterfinals last season.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:26 PM

I think Charlie said his poll excluded Class 3 schools last week.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:27 PM

Typo. Player on that team.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:28 PM

Ok,That makes sense then i guess i should pay closer attention thanks for that.

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:31 PM

I think the point of the statement regarding Crystal City is Class 2, District 4, is likely to produce a team capable of competing with the other three Class 2 district winners in the sectional and quarterfinal rounds. It's a minor miracle the district has not produced a final four team in the last five seasons because most of the teams in Class 2, District 4, are located in the St. Louis area. Granted most of the schools in this district are baseball-first schools.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:32 PM

Yeah this is not that type of team imo without sample!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:33 PM

It's also worth noting a number of the schools in Class 2, District 4, are parochial schools.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:35 PM

Having a PG that is good enough to sign with a college is often, but not always, a good formula to get deep in the playoffs porchswing.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:37 PM

Yeah i agree you need guard play with that being said i think leopold would have some trouble with hayti!I have seen leopold a couple of times and hayti would give them some trouble.

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:42 PM

I think the path to state for Leopold will ultimately go through Scott County Central and South Iron. If South Iron is as good as they were last season they are likely among the best Class 1 teams in Missouri this season and they are very well-coached. I'd rank South Iron's coach as one of the best in Missouri.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:46 PM

Granted Leopold may be experiencing its best season in school history and it's hard to ignore their success even if they have experienced difficulty getting past South Iron in recent district tournaments.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:48 PM

I think you have got it exactly right and i have seen all three of these teams and imo i think they are all pretty close with south iron a slight edge right now.

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:55 PM

Dustin, Leopold is in the same district with Oak Ridge and SCC this year. OR has already beaten SCC by 10 points while Leopold has hammered OR twice this season. So the Wildcats are looking pretty good as far as district play is concerned right now.

Leopold will likely play Risco in sectionals who they have also turbo-clocked this season. Then they will likely run into South Iron or Eminence in the quarterfinals, but SI did get upset in districts last year if memory serves. Leopold is looking really good this year and I think their chances to get to Columbia are excellent.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:01 AM

Preacher Man Fan

Some thought the same thing a couple of seasons ago in a district final, but South Iron pulled off the upset and won the district. We will see what happens.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:04 AM

I will add Scott County Central is very capable of winnings its district all things considered.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:06 AM

But I would seed Leopold No. 1 in the district.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:06 AM

I'm not so sure Risco has put a 100 percent healthy team on the floor yet this season. Plus sometimes teams that win state titles are under the radar until the final four. That can be an advantage.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:08 AM

You have that right preacher but keep in mind that team that upset S.I. last year in the district finals beat leopold in the semi's and s.i. beat leopold in the finals the year before don't get sold on leopolds high flying right now those two teams have their number and they play a different style!

-- Posted by porchswing on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:08 AM

Where the game is played and which officials are selected might impact who wins a potential Leopold-South Iron game. Officials outside of southeast Missouri often call fouls the way the rule book says you should call fouls. And when you get to Columbia they will call fouls if you are touching ball-handlers.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:13 AM

My guess is if the game is played in Park Hills or Farmington the team out of the west will have an advantage. Granted my good friends from Missouri High School Activities Association have not posted the location of sectional and state quarterfinal games on their website.

If I was in charge of MSHSAA I would make sure that information was posted on the website in a timely manner and when the media arrived at state tournaments someone would be in the media room to check the media in 15 minutes before the state volleyball tournament started.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:19 AM

South Iron has to get by Eminence in districts first. Granted that Leopold has to get by SCC, but for reasons given above, I think they have an excellent chance to do that.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:20 AM

My poll includes all class 1 and class 2 schools that Semoball covers.

Crystal City at this point is not the team to beat coming out of district 4.

Last year's champion Crossroads is off to a 10-2 start. They bring back everybody from last year's team but they had zero post play in last year's match-up with Oran.

Elsberry was a quarterfinalist in class 3 a season ago but lost 5 starters to graduation (pretty sure). None the less, they are setting a game above .500 at 7-6 and could very well sneak through districts.

St. Vincent also isn't a bad team at 9-4. They throw out a lot of height but do not match-up well with high-tempo teams.

Then there's Crystal City who at this point is setting at a 5 seed IMO. Definitely not the favorite within the district. St. Vincent owns 2 wins over them as they are 7-7 right now. Valle Catholic at 6-6 also has a win over CC.

My top 5 seeds at this point would be:

Crossroads

St. Vincent

Elsberry

Valle Catholic

Crystal City

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:35 AM

Where would you rank Crossroads if compared to Holcomb, Hayti or Oran Uncle Charlie?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:37 AM

Good post Unc. And hey, don't let Sideline have all the fun with these rankings! You're doing great!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:38 AM

Dustin, Crossroads last year had two above average guards #23 and #11 (not sure on names) that accounted for 60% of the scoring give or take. They're tallest player was 6'2 and that was #23 and he was a guard like stated above. Now granted Maxpreps has a 6'4 center listed as a Sr. I don't remember him from last year so I don't know too much at this point. Not too many people are good breaking down a team when you haven't even seen them play one game in a season so take this for what it's worth.

I would say Crossroads would not match-up well with Holcomb or Oran since both have a great inside game and even Advance for that matter.

I think Hayti would manhandle Crossroads on the boards and up and down the court in transiion as well.

Lets just say all 4 are a "step" above Crossroads at this point IMO and all should be a favorite going into the game.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:51 AM

Thank you PMF by the way. This site does not get a great share of kind words said and I appreciate it.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 12:53 AM

REMEMBER last year whem "Risco" was ranked #1 in the state in class 1A all year,well almost all year!!! see ya in March???

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:41 AM

*when

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:42 AM

Dustin, please respectfully qualify what you mean when you state " officials outside of Southeast Missouri call fouls the way that the rule book says to call fouls." It sure hasn't affected the performance of our area teams when they leave to play outstate teams in playoffs or the state finals. Our teams with "southeast Mo. offocials" do exceptionally well for the most part regardless of how the game is called in your opinion. The rule book doesn't change according to the area of the state where basketball is played, but sometimes "fans or reporters perception changes. You have always been positive regarding officiating so I'm not attacking you, just want a clarification of your comment. Thanks and good luck to all SEMO teams.

-- Posted by semo ref on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:40 AM

semo ref

Based on my observations you are allowed to foul in southeast Missouri and they do not call it a foul. Games are called much tighter in most other regions of the state. I've seen teams from our region go to Farmington and get in serious foul trouble in state playoff games because games are called much tighter up there.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 2:15 PM

I'm not saying every foul should be called. But based on my observations they call more hand checking fouls in the Farmington area than the Missouri Bootheel. Most of the fouls that are called are technically fouls if you go by the book.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 2:26 PM

Here are the locations of state playoff games for Class 1-3:

Class 1, District 1, Winner vs. Class 1, District 2, Winner: Feb. 26 at Bloomfield High School

Class 1, District 3, Winner vs. Class 1, District 4, Winner: Feb. 26 at Cabool High School

Class 1 state quarterfinal: Mar. 2 at Dexter High School

Class 2, District 1, Winner vs. Class 2, District 2, Winner: Feb. 27 at Three Rivers Community College

Class 2, District 3, Winner vs. Class 2, District 4, Winner: Feb. 27 at Park Hills Central High School

Class 2 state quarterfinal: Mar. 2 at Farmington Civic Center

Class 3, District 1, Winner vs. Class 3, District 2, Winner: Feb. 27 at Dexter High School

Class 3, District 3, Winner vs. Class 3, District 4, Winner: Feb. 27 at Lindenwood University

Class 3 state quarterfinal: Mar. 2 at Jefferson College

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 2:52 PM

Dustin, ok I see what you base your opinion on, don't necessarily agree all the time with it. District officials are chosen by the schools involved with that district(drafted) after that level they are selected by MSHSAA, but are representative of a much wider area. Just because a Mineral area school is the host, doesn't mean they are from that part of the state. BTW I think more fouls are being called everywhere including the SEMO area because our fast tempo down here leads to more fouling compared to some area's where they "walk it up the floor". Regardless different officiating styles sure havent hurt our area teams at the state level, our players and coaches seem to adapt well. And just for curiosity, do you ever leave the bootheel to spectate? I'm talking basketball, not volleyball.Thanks for your coverage and representation of the DDD news area of basketball.

-- Posted by semo ref on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:27 PM

semo ref

I am also aware of how the officials are chosen.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:44 PM

Semo Ref, it seems to me that the refs are calling way more charges and travelling calls this season. Is it just me? Or have the refs made that more of a priority this season?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:49 PM

Preach, good question and one I can't really give you a concrete answer on. I think MSHSAA has definitely gotten the message through that they want the games called a little closer as far as foul administration and this may affect more charges being called, I also think we have alot of defensive minded coaches that are really emphasizing to their players to get into position to draw a charge call. Traveling violations are probably about the same, but you will have more of them if teams play fast, which alot of ours do. When using judgement to call a charge, an official should ref the defense to make sure they are in position prior to contact, this can happen in an instant and thus makes it challenging to get it right. Personally if its "iffy" I would rather reward the defense, its tough for coaches to get players to give themselves up. One thing to remember, if an airborne shooter has left the ground before the defense gets there, he has a right to land. In this instance even if the offensive player hits the defender between the numbers, it would be a block. Just one example. The charge call is important and challenging to get right, I hope we are more than 50% on that one. Ha!

-- Posted by semo ref on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 4:26 PM

Thanks for the clarification semo ref. I think you guys are doing a great job!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 4:36 PM

Dustin,

I'm with you on that one. You are right. Officiating simply is not the same in other parts of the state as SEMO. In this area, by comparison, nothing is a foul. I am personally most familiar with class 2, and over the years I have seen this discrepancy adversely effect the high pressure styles of Hayti and Bernie when they made it to Columbia.

-- Posted by No sir on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 4:39 PM

dont count scc out just yet.....they will be ready come districts

-- Posted by kmasters on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 6:55 PM

Dustin, I agree with you on the hand checking and what is called a foul in southeast mo high school basketball. As for the correct way to call a charge or a blocking foul "semo ref" I have been AMAZEDDDD and AMUSEDDDD how this foul has been called for years? I have just came to accept that this foul call decision is affected by three factors #1 the name of the official involved, #2 the names of the two players involved and #3 the two teams involved, in my opinion this is the quickest way an official can change the tempo or even the final outcome of the game on how they decide to call this foul. Mr BANK STAR and TIGER GOODS have AMAZEDDD and AMUSEDDD me the past few years with this call

-- Posted by bullsfan on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:27 PM

Bumped this thread again so we can debate the rankings some more.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 1:06 AM

Dustin thank you for listing state playoff games!

-- Posted by porchswing on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 11:09 AM

I think that Bloomfields gym will be a good atmosphere for the small school sectional games. Not to mention it's one of my favorite gyms around here.

-- Posted by dont worry on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 12:12 PM

If Advance beats ND Thursday where does that put them? I am predicting the upset, think ND will be out coached. Advance's coach does a good job, and it's at their place.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 2:03 PM

Realized that last post looked bad. Didn't mean Advance's coach is better, or anything, just expecting a good game plan from Advance. Also being at home gives them a great advantage, so please don't think I am bashing ND's coach.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 2:05 PM

I'm pulling for Advance as well. I recently met Lane Below and he's a good kid and a very good basketball player. If they can pull off the upset, then that would probably shake up the top 10 a bit.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 3:00 PM

How good is Richland this year?

-- Posted by deervalley on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 3:16 PM

is Advance out of reach of ND recruiting? I'm excited to see how well the games go tomorrow. ND JV will win, but the varsity will be a tight game. just depends on how well NDs shooting is verse Advance defense outside.

-- Posted by bball_hs on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 4:53 PM

i say ND over advance by 15

-- Posted by mm81 on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 5:17 PM

Will definitely be driving down for this Advance v Notre Dame matchup. My question of Advance is do they have the depth and guard play to attack ND's press for four quarters?

-- Posted by semo501 on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 5:19 PM

ND by 5+. I'm guessing double digits honestly.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Jan 16, 2013, at 11:48 PM

Far better team ball in Advance. ND would have lost to Leopold if DeBrock had not been out of his mind that night in the Christmas tourney.

DeBrock was great that night but they did not win as a team. All credit to DeBrock for a night that he will remember for the rest of his life, and he should!

Just saying that game is at home for Advance and they play as a TEAM!

Should be a win for the Hornets.

-- Posted by dadscatfood on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 12:36 AM

One could just as easily point out - and I will - that the ND/Leopold game would never have been close if STRODER hadn't been out of HIS mind.

Advance poses a threat to ND, no doubt. The Hornets' bigs could be the key, but ultimately I think this game - like the Leopold game - comes down to depth. I won't be stunned if Advance finds a way at home, but I'm thinking ND takes this one comfortably by pulling away late.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 6:33 AM

dadscatfood- just wanted to clarify do you think Advance plays as a team?

j/k.

but seriously.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 7:16 AM

Captain, not sure how much you have seen Stroder play but he has alot of nights like that.

-- Posted by deervalley on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 8:20 AM

So he regularly scores 33 points per game and hits four 3-pointers in three minute stretches? Doesn't matter either way; as I've already said that game came down to depth - not Stroder, not DeBrock, but depth.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 8:33 AM

Kobeyashi, I'm surpised you say a win for Advance due to being better coached.

I'm excited for the game tonight. I believe ND has a few players like Debrock as example that can have a big game and really lead the team, it just depends on who shows up tonight to be that person.

-- Posted by bball_hs on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 8:35 AM

Read the statement below my first one bball. Thank you.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 8:53 AM

Ya, I saw it but still didn't expect it from you.

-- Posted by bball_hs on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 9:40 AM

Love how Advance plays ball, but ND will press them all night with 10 solid athletes.

-- Posted by UFO on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 9:44 AM

As the Rankings go, I havn't seen Holcomb or Bernie but I've seen Lepold multiple times and they are tough.

Leopold should be 1 or 2 on this list.

-- Posted by UFO on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 9:47 AM

Agreed UFO!!

-- Posted by mm81 on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 10:18 AM

I understand bball. I didn't expect it either. What I meant is I dunno I feel like their coach is going to pull out all the tricks in the game. This would be a huge win for them and ND's coach, although a good coach, has one system and sticks to it. That's all I meant. So hope I didn't upset you bball if you're a ND fan. I just poorly mis-worded what I meant to say. I apologize.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 11:36 AM

UFO I dunno I disagree with you a little bit I feel that Leopold is a solid team, but I really feel that Advance and Oran are more complete than Leopold. Now I haven't seen Holcomb, being from Springfield, IL I don't even know where that's even at.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 11:57 AM

Holcomb is in the bootheel about 10 minutes from Kennett. I higly recommend you take a trip, not to catch a basketball game, but to eat at Strawberry's. It's one of the finest barbeque joints around. The pork steak falls off the bone. Yum, yum.

You might as well go on a Holcomb home game night, and kill two birds with one stone.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 12:20 PM

Well, that is my weakness rocketsbro so I guess I will have to do that sometime! I guess put it on the ever growing bucket list!

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 12:26 PM

Leopold beat advance at advance by 11 or 12 kobeyashi, led the entire game to

-- Posted by mm81 on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 3:51 PM

Strawberrys is a great place to eat, rocketsbro!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 4:12 PM

mm81, the margin in Advance/ Leopold game was 11. Our boys were in a little slump after Christmas Tournament. No slight to Leopold intended, good team. Hopefully Hornets are back in the groove with 13 point win over Notre Dame tonight.

-- Posted by hornetsfan on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 9:35 PM

Hey Hornetsfan your boys played a really good ball game tonight. I thought curtis had a really good 4th qtr he really went after the loose balls and rebounds daddy paul can be proud! good job hornets

-- Posted by bullsfan on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 9:50 PM

Kobeyashi

Just got back on this thread for the first time today, and it's easy to say after the Advance win, but yes Advance plays team ball and ND not so much.

Truly not being ignorant but ND really relies too much on the Three.

If they get hot from Three they can beat anybody but we all know you can't count on that consistently.

-- Posted by dadscatfood on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 9:51 PM

Yea catfood, the threes stopped falling and they struggled to score over Ethan Barr down low. Plus Advance's scrappy style irritated ND's players all night

-- Posted by semo501 on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 10:30 PM

semo501,

That is interesting because it used to be ND's scrappy style that would irritate their opponents.

Listened some on the radio and it sounds like they really shook up their starting lineup and some of the substitutions.

-- Posted by dadscatfood on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 10:42 PM

bullsfan the Hornets fans / players appreciate the compliment. Great effort all night from all the boys. We hope momentum carries into next week's SCAA tournament.

-- Posted by hornetsfan on Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 10:43 PM

I went to Strawberrys Thursday night to eat on my way to the Twin Rivers-Kennett varsity girls basketball game.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Jan 18, 2013, at 3:48 AM

All the credit in the world to Advance. I figured inside play would favor the Hornets, but fully expected ND's depth to be the difference in the game. Nice win for them.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Fri, Jan 18, 2013, at 5:29 AM

it was a great game for Advance, I love that they had so much fan support.

ND couldn't get in a grove and you're right...if they can't make the 3 they will struggle. also, coach has been playing a different group of guys to start and rotate in, don't know if they are in the grove of it yet.

however, Advance thanks for the loss. winning to a big school away is nothing, but a small school "you should win against" sticks with you to think and practice over.

-- Posted by bball_hs on Fri, Jan 18, 2013, at 9:38 AM

Nice Win Advance!

-- Posted by UFO on Fri, Jan 18, 2013, at 7:14 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.