[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (183) More threads Create thread

Scouting Report: If you stop Ruffin, you defeat Sikeston.
Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:11 AM:

Mr. Corey Fraizer is a legend in coaching already.

Replies

Let's not toss the word "legend" around too loosely LU BLUETIGERS. I know you're a Charleston guy, but how many state titles has Coach Frazier won? Are you really ready to put him up there with Cookson, McFerren, and Bidewell? I'm sure he's an excellent coach and has a bright future, but let's not put the cart before the proverbial horse.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:26 AM

Ok, maybe not right now, but it certainly has the making of one so far.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:43 AM

I can tell you for a fact that Frazier is one of the top if not top coaches in St. Louis, and I'll say it again he will have his team play anybody.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:59 AM

How did this go from stopping Ruffin to Frazier being a coaching legend? He is obviously a very good coach.

I kind of hope other teams try to implement MRH's scheme. No other team we will play has MRH's personnel. I think that will play into the Dogs' hands.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:16 AM

COACHES CALL THE SHOTS.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:43 AM

Im sure his a good coach.. we will see how good he is when those 12 Sr graduate... You saw the JV game right?

-- Posted by sikeston train on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:43 AM

That's a pretty impressive record with the competition they play

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 11:45 AM

when was the last sikeston home loss to a non-semo conference team?

-- Posted by RedShirt on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:02 PM

Big Papi, I think you have me confused with the Sikeston boosters! I think Coach Holifield has done a great job at Sikeston, but I'm not ready to put the "legend" tag on him just yet. That goes for Coach Farmer too. If they both win a few more state titles, then I think we may be able to put them in the same conversation with Cookson, McFerren, and Bidewell. Coach Frazier is way too early in his career to label him a coaching legend. But I'll say again that he is a great young coach with a very bright future. I'll ask again how many state titles has he won? That's a sincere question BTW, I really don't know the answer.

In addition to Farmer, Holifield, and Frazier, some other potential coaching "legends" in SEMO are David Heeb, Kenyon Wright, Brad Botsch, Jim Vaughn, and Kevin Roberts.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:40 PM

3 guys sitting out for personal reasons? Kind of sounds like things are sitting up for him to come back to Ctown very soon. All those seniors and his son will be gone too!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:49 PM

Kevin Roberts??? Not seeing that one...

I think Coach Holifield will go down as one of the top SEMO coaches whether he wins another one or not. Look at Paul Hale...he was considered a great coach and he never won until his last year at Notre Dame. State titles don't always make someone a "legend", but they don't hurt.

I don't see anyone currently coaching who will end up on the level of McFerren or Cookson.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:59 PM

Doesn't Roberts already have a state title at Notre Dame? Heeb and Wright also have won state titles and Botsch has come close a couple of times at Bernie. He'll break through eventually and Vaughn is building a great program at Kennett. But these are just my opinions FarmBoy06, only time will tell.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:06 PM

No, ND has only won once since the 80's back-to-back championships. Roberts was an assistant on the '07 team, but Hale was the head coach. I'm not sure if they even have a district title under Roberts.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:09 PM

Ok thanks for the clarification, I was thinking the '07 state title was under Coach Roberts.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:12 PM

I wish I could tell you different lol. It's obvious he just isn't a great recruiter.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:14 PM

Stop the press. I'm not a legend. Lonnnnnnnng way to go. Appreciate the compliments. To be even be mentioned with them is an honor. Coach Hollifield does a great job. I look forward to continuing playing them again next year here in STL. To answer the state title Question, I have won 2 at MRH 07-08 and 08-09. Sikeston atmosphere is second to none.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:18 PM

It's not Ruffin who you have to say to stop and you win. It's JT jones is who you have to stop. I believe he is better scorer than Ruffin. I've watched him a few times playing against us charleston guys then a few times in the semo tourney and I believe he is much better than Ruffin as a scorer at least. So I think if you stop him, then you win.

-- Posted by Johnny "Drama" on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:19 PM

This has to be one of the most worthless post I think I have ever seen. Not even gonna read all the comments.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:22 PM

Um, not really. You let a guy who gets his 20+ points have them, and you shut down the rest of the team. Not very often does one player outscore the whole other team.

I have heard stories of Coach Cookson doing this against Joe Klein and the Slater team way before I was around to see it lol.

MRH let Jones have his points and they won...wouldn't you say it was effective limiting Ruffin to 2 points and letting Jones have his.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:23 PM

Coach, chi foreman, d uchesne and hazel wood central , chaminade and McClure next five games, rough patch of games good luck.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:26 PM

We need it.lol thanks

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:30 PM

I hope Farmer will take some notes from Fraz.. The gameplan to slow V Ruffin down was key to the Bluedevil win..Fraz Has 2state titles back2back if im not mistaken.Sure someone will correct me if im wrong..The legend of Corey Frazier has begun.IMO.It will only get bigger from here..Farmer is a legend no doubt.. He's not Mac or Cookson by far, but the guy has well over 500career wins..Along with 2boys state titles and 5girls state titles..Hall of Fame head coach Danny Farmer is a legend my friends..

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:35 PM

Thanks for weighing in on the subject Coach Frazier! Congrats on a big win last night at Sikeston too. I hope you didn't take anything I said as a slight. I have nothing but the highest respect for your career as a player and a coach. To win two state championships so early in your coaching career is quite an accomplishment.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:36 PM

No offense taken. Its all just entertainment. I love coming on here talking to all of you. It keeps me close to home. I miss the boot heel.;-)

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:22 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of schools that would be glad to have you if/when the time comes!

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:31 PM

A legend..... already? After examining the JV score, let's see if he's willing to stay at MRH and develop them into a good varsity team.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:44 PM

He was around after Bryant Allen and co. graduated...try again.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:45 PM

But their JV teams weren't getting beaten as soundly as they were by Sikeston.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 3:20 PM

I'm guessing you have several years of their JV scores to compare against the one time they played Sikeston?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 3:45 PM

Does Frazier even coach MRH's JV?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 3:56 PM

Not sure. Ether way, just another Sikeston whiner.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 3:58 PM

Or at least, that's definitely what it sounds like.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 3:59 PM

Not me, FarmBoy06, I'm a Dexter guy.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 4:09 PM

No no, not you.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 4:11 PM

Farm...semo7178 isn't a Sikeston guy either.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 5:14 PM

Ah, well alright lol. I stand corrected. There's plenty of it going around without him/her.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 5:17 PM

What have the Sikeston fans been whining about? Everything I've read congratulates MRH on the win.

-- Posted by Norman Dale on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 5:47 PM

Can u say get all of your players from summer ball! Looks just like Soldan the last 3 years and, look at how bad they are this year!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:29 PM

Huh?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:31 PM

Just do some investigative work on where some of there players come from!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:32 PM

My players are all from Maplewood. Their brothers all played for me. Ask me about anything you would like to know. They have been in the system since middle school. We had a few kids leave MRH to attend Madison and soldan in the past 3 years. Kevin Baker(Madison prep star),Any Lee(Madison prep) and Courtlen Brooks(Soldan)all transefers from MRH. Brooks brother played for me. Spudich brother played for me. If you want proof I can provide. Ask me anything you like. Just respect our program and we worked hard to develope our kids. They all played summer ball together or with various teams that I didn't coach. What's your point? What does any of that have to do with this game we played?

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:51 PM

Zing!

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:55 PM

One thing about us is we take what walks through our door and we develop them in to good young me who will be leaders and be productive in society. Its bigger than basketball. All of our kids get a shot at college. Bryant Allen (Illinois state) Charles Brooks (KU fall), Calvin Belts Jr (SIUC fall and Bball), Bryton Hobbs (Northeastern Oklahoma st) list goes on and on. Please stop trying start things that are unnecessary.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:59 PM

That should say fball not fall.lol going to fast. lol. Should also say men not me.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:05 PM

Wouldn't let that clown get to you Coach. Yesterday he was posting asking who the players to watch for MRH were. Today (after a loss) he knows where they live and where they supposedly went to school.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:05 PM

I'm going to let that go. Your right farm and papi.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:59 PM

Corey, sorry I didn't make it over to watch your team, last night. Have been home all week with the flu....did watch it on the school tv channel, though.....hope the Jays are fortunate enough to get a shot at you guys. I believe the Jays will have to step it up a notch or two to compete; but, they seem to do that come March!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:10 PM

I wouldn't expect anything less of them if we met up. Get well soon. Good luck to my jays!!!

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:17 PM

Actually Cal originally was a Sikeston kid, then moved away in 5th grade or so, then moved back. Just to dispel any untrue rumors.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:17 PM

Julian Beard was not a move in. They've always lived here. The porters obviously transferred to sikeston after playing for their dad at scc, but their mom was a teacher here so the move made sense. Beneficial move for both sikeston and the porter family. Great people.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:32 PM

Julian Beard was not a move in. They've always lived here. The porters obviously transferred to sikeston after playing for their dad at scc, but their mom was a teacher here so the move made sense. Beneficial move for both sikeston and the porter family. Great people.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:32 PM

I don't want to turn this into yet another argument...but hasn't Charleston been the beneficiary of some decent move-ins over the past 4 or 5 years? I'm not saying any of them were not completely legit, but just so we're clear.

And trust me, I'm as much of an anti-Sikeston fan as anyone (really...I think I am lol), but facts are facts. Of course the Porters moved in, but it was completely legit.

Notre Dame, on the other hand...we never have any move-ins. (sorry, I had to)

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:51 PM

Cal attendedLee Hunter elementary until 4th grade, then moved off. He then moved back later....so he wasn't a move in to Sikeston. Facts are facts.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:55 PM

Greg Tucker is the only one I'm aware of; and he went thru all of high school in Charleston. We've lost several stellar players.

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:56 PM

Tucker was the biggest one that came to mind. Again, nothing shady about it, just want to make sure we're clear that kids come and go at pretty much every school.

If anyone has a right to be upset, I've always said it's Cape Central. At some point, I believe they had Michael, Corey, Isaac, and Otto Porter in their elementary school system, as well as Greg Tucker.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:58 PM

Nope, Beard went to middle school here too. His name was Spencer back then. But so now if you move in 8th grade, then you are a move-in. Ashton and Danny Farmer Jr. lived in Sikeston when they played for their dad in Charleston and they both attended Sikeston schools their whole lives until 8th grade. Bobby Hatchett went to Sikeston until 6th grade. I mean we can do this all day. Would you consider them "move-ins?" What about Lezcano Dean? Jemorrio Betts? Shandor Webster went to Charleston, came to Sikeston in 8th grade, went back to Charleston. Is he now a "move in?" Tyler Hansbrough was born in Columbia. At some point they moved to Poplar Bluff, but they aren't considered "move-ins." Well lets back it up even further. How about where your family originated from? Maybe the Fraziers originated from another town and MOVED to Charleston at some point in time. I have no idea, but at some point every family moved to where they live. So in essence, every kid for every school is a "move-in." So from that perspective, every kid Charleston has is a move-in. See my point Richard? What a pointless argument. Who cares? Fact is, you coach who walks through those doors and you do the best you can with what you're dealt. And if you're fortunate enough to have a talented kid move into your district, then that is great luck. As birdfan said, Charleston has lost many great players. So has Sikeston. Way more than there have been that have "moved in." But who cares? All I care about is that Sikeston has a great group of hard working kids trying to be the best team that they can be. I could care less if they went to 2nd grade here, 5th grade here, or 8th grade here (which they all did by the way), but the bottom line is they are here NOW.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:44 AM

Great post semohoops.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 8:38 AM

I agree that move ins occur and that there is often nothing wrong with it. Maybe his parents thought that a certain school offered more and bought a house or rented an apartment so that there kid could go to that school. Nothing wrong with that. However, there can be problems with it. You have to ask why and how the kid came to be there? Did a coach exert undue influence in the decision? Does the kid actually live in the district, i.e. not a relative's address (unless they are his legal guardians) and not with the coach (it has happened)? Any extra benefits? Please don't think I am accusing anyone of pulling a Floyd Irons, but because of those incidents, there will always be questions and suspicions.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 9:22 AM

Just think, if my family had not moved to Charleston when I was two years old, Bell City may have earned their first state championship about 40 years ago.....NOT!!!!!! lol

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 10:13 AM

These comments about MRH having kids play that dont live in the district are as dumb as the people who post them, thats a weak *** excuse is alll that is.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 11:56 AM

Especially when the guy posting them was nagging people about what kids were the ones to watch ON THE DAY OF THE GAME. Then after the LOSS, he suddenly knows where they all lived and went to school before they supposedly transferred.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:01 PM

Yea I agree Farmboy, ignorance is bliss. I am a big Sikeston fan, but everytime they lose there is an excuse, I actually picked Sikeston to win by four but was hesitant because besides playing Charleston, they play nobody, I should have known though after barely beating FZS, they wouldnt win, and also, and I wasnt at the game but have been told that Maplewood pretty much controlled the game, and if they would have been in st louis playing Maplewood probably would have had a double digit win.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:06 PM

Scott, I'm sure you thought people were dumb for questioning the validity of all those dominate Vashon's teams who had kids from all over the St. Louis area.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:08 PM

That's exactly why I'm NOT a Sikeston fan. Great kids on the team and a great coach, but I detest the attitude of their fans. Such a big chip on their shoulder about EVERYthing.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:09 PM

FarmBoy, you are not a Sikeston fan because you are a ND fan. You just like saying its for other reasons.

MRH won the game. MRH has an amazing team. No excuses about the game play. They flat outshot Sikeston. That was the difference.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:14 PM

Uh no not really I think anyone who knew anything was well aware,just keep playing cupcakes all year and once again youll get beat come playoff time, there is a reason you beat imagine in the first game last year then they beat you in playoffs, they played a tough schedule, its just a fact.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:15 PM

Not really...I disliked them long before I ever even considered going to ND. Heck, the more years that go by with me having graduated, I don't follow ND all that closely. I just genuinely dislike the Sikeston fan base. ND-Sikeston hasn't been a competitive rivalry (realistically) in 3-4 years...that's got nothing to do with it.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:17 PM

I personally couldn't be any prouder of the effort the Dogs gave. They never gave up and kept it close. It just wasn't their night. This loss will make us better. Stay hungry Dogs!

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:24 PM

Whatever, FarmBoy. The feeling is mutual.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:25 PM

Cool.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:25 PM

Papi, look back, this thread is about a Sikeston scouting report, not MRH v. Sikeston. Try again twit.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:28 PM

That's not to say I don't have some Sikeston fans I consider friends...but as a group, I can do without.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:28 PM

Dude is beginning to worry me a little rocket.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:29 PM

I personally couldn't be any prouder of the effort the Dogs gave. They never gave up and kept it close. It just wasn't their night. This loss will make us better. Stay hungry Dogs!

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:24 PM

Giving a good effort and never giving up should happen every game, shouldn't it? That stuff wont work Im telling you against Duchesne or Liberty North.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:34 PM

And it does Scott. Sikeston will worry about Duchesne and Liberty North when the time comes. Win or lose, I will always be proud of them.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:41 PM

Sometimes it's just better to come out and say Maplewood is a better team, just like I think Sikeston is a better team than Charleston, thats not being rude, it's shows when they play.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:46 PM

I just read the top of this thread about if Corey is a legend or not but Scott and I are in agreement that he is in the conversation to be considered the best coach in St. Louis right now. He may not be a legend yet but he will be. Congrats again on Friday night, Corey. Didn't love the coaching style in terms of some of the yelling but hey, it works for the guys you coach so I do get it.

In terms of stopping Vashawn being the only key to stopping Sikeston, I disagree. JT can still be effective even when Vashawn struggles and he did pretty well Friday. It was the athleticism of Maplewood and the lack of execution on the simple stuff by Sikeston that led to their downfall. Not many teams are going to be able to do to Sikeston what Maplewood did. Imagine Prep last year was the only team I've seen recently do to beat them in that fashion. Maplewood is a team built to compete with and beat a team like Sikeston and they did their job. No need to over-analyze the whole thing.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:24 PM

Ok sorry Papi, I won't post names. But as long as you get the point of the post, that's the important thing.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:29 PM

Thanks for the compliment CHS2MRH. Great game Friday. You got a heck of a team.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:31 PM

MRH did what they had to do to win. Yes, they stopped Ruffin, but they also shot the lights out, hitting 7-9 on 3-pointers and that is not normally their M.O. Sikeston shot very poorly, but that is totally because of their defense. Stopping Ruffin was a big key, no doubt, but there are many other factors that allowed them to win this game. Man, what an athletic team. They may be Class 3 in terms of enrollment, but they look like a Class 5 team in terms of talent. I bet there aren't many Class 5 teams in the state that look like that. So yes, Sikeston can be beat. I don't think anybody thought they would win every single game. Lest we forget, they graduated 4 starters last year. There are still a lot of inexperienced players out there. The good news is Sikeston's players always stay hungry. They can't stand to lose. They WILL continue to work to improve and I expect them to be playing their best basketball by district tournament time, like they always do.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:42 PM

In defense of Vashawn, I don't think anyone can stop him. He can only stop himself. Vashawn has to take the shots that the other team's defense is giving him, and quit over dribbling. The kid has one of the purist jump shots in the state! The over dribbling not only tires him out, but it also causes unnecessary turnovers.

-- Posted by Highriser on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 6:30 PM

Hey Big Papi, did you win your game of HORSE at the Y today?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 7:09 PM

Papi, u have played highschool ball. I bet u can't name a kid that has a purer jump shot than Vashawn in the Bootheel, and as I said before the entire state. The kid tries to do too much at the wrong time. Once Vashawn realizes this, he will be unstoppable!

-- Posted by Highriser on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 7:35 PM

Vashawn is a good player but there are a ton of Vashawn Ruffins everywhere.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 7:55 PM

This time I have to agree with stlscott, after watching summer ball in St louis the last few years...there are alot of good ball players with his skills and ability. What separates him is the coaching at Sikeston.

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 8:09 PM

Stlscott, can u name a kid with a better jumpshot, with 3pt. range? I'm interested to know. I enjoy highschool bball, and I visit the St. Louis area regularly.

-- Posted by Highriser on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 9:41 PM

I don't think anybody is saying Vashawn is the greatest player ever. I don't think you people are being fair here. He is just a kid that works real hard and tries his best for his team. He's not out there beating his chest or being a poor sport. I've never understood why people are so hard on him. He's just a kid that got more defensive attention than he's seen his entire life. There aren't many players in the state of Missouri that would have thrived with the defensive attention MRH gave him. Would Parham thrived against that kind of pressure? What guards in St. Louis would have? There's not a team in Class 4 that has the players MRH has. Not many in Class 5 either. Lets be real here. He didn't play well. It happens. He will bounce back and he will be fine. People need to relax.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 10:07 PM

Was Vashawn the one jacking up 3's from five feet beyond the arc when they almost blew a big lead against Charleston?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 10:07 PM

Everyone should understand that Ruffin got the ultimate respect in the MRH game.

If a Coach like Frazier said to his team that we need to focus on him to win this game he was saying that he is the best player on a team that is a REAL threat to our team and our reputation as one of the best teams in the state.

-- Posted by dadscatfood on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 10:16 PM

I don't think anybody is saying Ruffin is not a good player but he is not a point guard and didn't handle the pressure very good from what everybody is saying and yes i think Parham would have handled it better because he is a true point guard.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:18 AM

I didn't say handle it better. I said can anybody name a player that would have thrived under that type of pressure? I've seen a lot of players and I can't think of one. Yeah, sure, I'm sure there is a blue chip player out there that could. But that's not my point.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:07 AM

It's too early to call Coach Frazier a legend, but he is certainly one of the finest coaches around. I've seen his teams play many times, and he always has a smart game plan and makes good adjustments. And just as important, his kids play hard for 32 minutes. To say he has their attention is an understatement.

I know it's tough to lose a game that was the subject of so much intense anticipation, but this experience will likely do Sikeston a lot of good. This is at least two times now that coaches have focused on Ruffin (FZS and their box and 1 was the other) with success; so Sikeston can likely count on seeing that approach again in March. But I doubt any other team will be able to pressure Ruffin the way Charleston did. And Sikeston will be better prepared for it the next time it happens.

As far as the game itself, which I did not see, it sounds as if it was played pretty much as most expected. The surprise to me was MRH's outside shooting, especially from Greenwalt, who had just 8 3s (according to the StL P-D stats) on the year. And the boost they got from Halfacre was a big plus, too. They had two subs (at least they didn't start when I saw them--Greenwalt didn't play, I don't think, and Halfacre didn't score and had 1 rebound) really step up in a big game, which is characteristic of a championship team.

I enjoy the back-and-forth among the folks on this board. There is a lot of passion for the teams here, and that's one of the things that makes this such a strong basketball area. But it would be great if we could express that passion without ripping each other personally. We need to remember that we're all SEMO basketball fans in the end and support all of these teams and coaches. I realize it's easier for me to say that sitting up in StL, but that's my view.

Good luck to Sikeston and all the SEMO teams (MRH, too--SEMO by adoption) the rest of the way.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:22 AM

Good grief--I meant to say no team will likely pressure Sikeston the way MRH did. Freudian slip putting Charleston in there.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:36 AM

Well said Unc. Greenwalt is just returning. He broke his hand in 2nd week of practice and we slowly are working him in. Halfacre played football this season for the first time and got out of shape and we made him drop a few pounds before just throwing him out there. He had a really good summer and will help us with his size down the stretch. Good luck to Sikeston and Charleston. Sikeston you have what it takes to be there in the end. Charleston hopefully we both take care of business and see you all in the playoffs. No matter the outcome, SEMO will be present in Columbia.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:40 AM

Take away Ruffin and let's see if Gross, Bratcher, or Shehy? can handle those duties.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 10:49 AM

Oh no doubt about it, JT Jones is the primary scorer and Ruffin is the primary ball handleler, but he didn't look to hot (2pts) against immense pressure.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 10:51 AM

After everything being said on here, It will be interesting to see how many new upper classmen will show up on that MRH roster next year. That's what makes a good coach in the city, being able to go out and bring in proven players. We will see how good of a coach he is if any of those JV players are starting varsiy next year. Same as Tony Irons. Frazier and Irons are one and the ssame.

-- Posted by lastride67 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 10:54 AM

I have three years to get my JV ready for varsity. You will see the same kids next year. Same as the kids I have on my roster now. They are small and learning. We will get better and thats all to it. So the kids you see are the kids we will play.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 11:21 AM

I'm a Sikeston Bulldog fan, and that's a cheap shot at CHS2MRH, lastride67. Why don't u just ask the Coach if he is recruiting? MRH beat Sikeston fair and square. Coach Frazier did his homework and designed a game plan that was successful. My only questions are "Why didn't Coach Holifield have the Bulldogs prepared for the man to man, and full court pressure that MRH played?" Secondly, "Did anyone scout MRH?"

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 1:41 PM

Highriser, how do you know they didn't? Were you at practices? Have you talked to the coaches? Did they tell you they didn't scout MRH? Do some homework before posting your garbage.

And secondly, Sikeston scored 66 points, just a few shy of their average. It's not like Maplewood came in hammered the Bulldogs. It's not like they came in and won 60-37 or something. Sikeston lost a close game (in which they prepared very hard for) to one of the most talented teams in the state.

Sheesh, some of you people are hard to please. Sikeston has to win every game by 40 points or people aren't happy. I've been reading all year, even in Sikeston's victories where they may win by 20 or 30 points, and the posts are usually about what they did wrong. Not that they won the game by 20, but what they should do to win by 40. And God forbid that they actually LOSE. Holy cow people.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 1:49 PM

Go back and check the books. The difference in the game was the shooting percentage. Sikeston's poor shooting percentage was most likely due to MRH's length and athleticism. Still yet, it was a four point game. Even though Vashawn only scored 2 points, others stepped up. Markeith Bratcher scored 16. He generally only has about 8.

Nonetheless, stopping Ruffin was huge, not only in points, but in Sikeston's ability to distribute the ball. Vashawn is a fantastic passer, and he didn't have the touches he needed due to the double team.

MRH was just the better team that night. It was a great opportunity for Sikeston to play a big athletic team. They probably won't see that high level of a team again for the rest of the year. Sikeston has nothing to hang their heads about. I still like their chances for a Class 4 State title this year.

-- Posted by Norman Dale on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 1:59 PM

I knew that post would strike a nerve, lol. I'm just saying, "If I see that my team has trouble with full court pressure, I would be concentrating on breaking the press in practice." It should not take a coach a whole half of a game to make adjustments, if u have already prepared for a team.

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 2:00 PM

Sikeston plays a full court press, so I'm sure the practice consists of breaking the press. And, again, the press didn't beat Sikeston. Poor shooting caused by good half court defense caused that loss.

-- Posted by Norman Dale on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 2:06 PM

Posts strike a nerve when they are ignorant. Why can't you admit that Sikeston lost to a better team? I'm as big a Sikeston guy as there is and I can clearly see that. I hope they win every game. Sure. Of course I want them to play better and handle situations better. Who doesn't? But I'm also realistic in this team's strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes the other team has more horses and a great gameplan. Credit Maplewood for that.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 2:14 PM

So far, highriser, in your short stint on semoball, you've brought nothing to the table except dragging Holifield's name and the program through the mud. Congratulations. You're a big man for that and obviously a basketball expert. Keep up the good work. I'll be here waiting for more of your trash to clean up. Somebody has to do it.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 2:16 PM

"I knew that post would strike a nerve, lol. I'm just saying, "If I see that my team has trouble with full court pressure, I would be concentrating on breaking the press in practice." It should not take a coach a whole half of a game to make adjustments, if u have already prepared for a team."-----Highriser

And I'm just saying you have no clue what you are talking about. How do you know they didn't make adjustments? How do you know they didn't prepare for it? Well, you don't know. Because I'm telling you they did prepare for it. They prepared for their press and they prepared for their double teams on Vashawn. It's hard to simulate the athletes Maplewood had. Sometimes you have to just tip your cap to the other team. You apparently can't do that. You think Sikeston is so unbelievably talented with 6'6" and 6'8" guys that it is impossible for them to lose. Come on guy. Sikeston stayed in that game not on supreme talent level, but on heart, determination, grit, and yes, coaching.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 2:32 PM

Lol, I will ignore ur ignorant comment. U must b related to Coach Holifield? If u would have read my earlier post, u would have read were I complimented Coach Frazier for an excellent game plan. I also started the post, Sikeston vs MRH, in which I clearly asked this forum "How would Sikeston respond to the defensive pressure that MRH would present?" It sounds like you don't have a clue, and therefore you make derogatory statements, when your feelings are hurt.

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 2:56 PM

Truth hurts Highriser. You made, and continue to make, ignorant posts that aren't so much that you aren't informed, but more like you are on a witch-hunt. I call it like I see. I don't care about your earlier post. I'm talking about what you have posted today and your blantant disrespect for the job Holifield has done currently and with his players in the past. Go ahead and keep spewing your lies. I'll be here to correct you.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:03 PM

I said it the night of the game and, I will say it again, MRH played a great game and Coach Frazier did a great job at scouting the DOGS! Good Luck Coach and the rest of MRH!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:10 PM

If the truth hurts don't read my post. U must b a relative or close friend of the coach. I can state my opinion as long as I want too, and I don't get offended when someone disagrees. So, if you do have direct access to Coach Holifield, please have the Bulldogs concentrate on breaking the press and handling the man to man pressure, because Charleston will be bringing the same game plan come Jan. 31st.

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:19 PM

So, if someone responds to you and contradicts your post then 'the truth hurts' and you're automatically right. Logical.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:26 PM

Yes, yah-yah. If u don't like my post don't read them. U guys or girls think if someone says something that u don't agree , u can make derogatory statements and these statements will intimidate the poster. Not gonna happen, buddy!

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:46 PM

I will say that if a guard from Sikeston could drive and kick it out to Ruffin for a jumper, then he will be a threat.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:52 PM

I will say that if a guard from Sikeston could drive and kick it out to Ruffin for a jumper, then he will be a threat.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:52 PM

Opinions do not equal truth. There are opinions that are just plain wrong. Holifield scouts opponents and knows what to have his team prepared for. Maplewood also prepped and their superior athleticism paid off. Ignorance in opinion will be noted by posters and proven incorrect as semohoops has done.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 3:57 PM

Anyone who is a Sikeston fan and doesnt like Holifield be careful what you wish for, the grass will be alot browner with a different coach.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 4:03 PM

Semohoops, yah-yah, sideliner starter=Semoball God's. Yeah right!!! Lol

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 4:08 PM

I don't have to be a Coach to say that it aint working....HOLIFIELDS THINKING OF A WAY TO COUNTER THAT.#COMMONSENSE

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 4:50 PM

Just people who know what we are talking about Highriser. And LU, that makes no sense.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 5:20 PM

U've got your opinion and I have my opinions. I think that's why this forum was started. I've played high school basketball, u were a sideline starter as your name indicates. I like discussing strategy, game preparation, and stating my opinions from personal observations. If someone on this forum states an opinion that I don't agree with, I don't take it personal.

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 5:43 PM

Agreed LU....ruffin is not a PG. Just a shooting guard..But I think if Sikeston had a true point gaurd, they would be veryhard to beat.. We all know JT Jones gonna get his..lol. He pretty much prove that 2 me against those TAll talented Giants of MRH.. Dude is a Beast!! Ruffin is not in his comfort zone at the PG position, in certain games when there's pressure applied to him..And MRH had that pressure.. this my opinion, i think if sikeston coach would let Gross bring the ball up the court, it would balance out..why not let the Quarter back run the point? He know he's not the shooter, so he's gonna pass and set up the plays..

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 5:46 PM

Who said that's what I was? I am a fan now thus my username. Once again, you are taking assumptions and making them out as facts and "truth" until someone proves it wrong and it becomes "opinion". I love the moving target game but this is ridiculous. This started because you said Holifield did not prepare for the man to man and full court press. He did. You also said he didn't scout MRH. He did. Those are not opinions. Those are just incorrect statements. It doesn't matter if you played church league or in the NBA. Those are still incorrect statements. I shrug my shoulders to your ignorance to these facts.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 5:48 PM

I'm sure if Gross was capable of bringing the ball down the court, he would be (not to say that he can't in the future or it's a slight to his abilities Sikeston fans...) Kyland is a formidable bench guy that can bring a lot to Sikeston's 'second wave' but what MRH did was expose Sikeston's lack of ball handlers. Vashawn is very capable of running the point, but like many have said, it's not his true position. I agree, if Sikeston had a true point guard to free Ruffin up, they would be extremely hard to stop. Terry Jamison is surely being missed right now.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 5:53 PM

I said I beleive last year that Jamison would be sorely missed, he was the kind of player I'd take all day on my team.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 6:09 PM

That's not to say that Sikeston doesn't do just fine with Ruffin, or anyone else, handling the ball. Obviously they're one of the top teams in the state without the prototypical lineup. Again, like many have already said, MRH will be the last team Sikeston will see like that, other than Charleston on the 31st. But in terms of a state run, Sikeston will be in Columbia with or without a true point guard.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 6:25 PM

Well the coach need to chang that quick fast, and in a hurry ..So that Gross can get used to knowing he is the teams ball handler..if the coach just tell him, look ur the my point gaurd and u better take care of this ball..Gross is that type of player..he's quick and he's low to the ground, which makes it hard to pick his pocket..Ruffin gotta go bck to his regular position..he would have alot of bck door cuts to basket points, jumpshots and wide open 3's.he would be averaging 22 along with Jts 24 points per game.. this change would make them better than what they are..that's a scary thought

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 6:37 PM

Oh I see. All the coach needs to do is tell him that he needs to be the point guard and then he will. Got it. I wonder why coach didn't think of that? (Insert sarcasm)

-- Posted by trainhard on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 6:42 PM

Sikeston would not be better with Gross at point guard. Ruffin is a good point guard, they got beat by the better team that night, holifield will adjust that I can guarantee.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 6:43 PM

Sikeston is very well coached and most people recognize that. I agree with stlscott. Sikeston always seems to play hard, overachieve when undersized, are class acts on the floor, and they win!

-- Posted by Winner11 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 6:45 PM

U gotta make him believe in hiself.. he wasn't never a quarterback until his senior year..so u mean to tell me the football coach didn't tell him to believe!?!?if he can handle the rock then he can be the point guard sikeston needs him to be, so that ruffin can get to his game..what he knows best, and that coming off the wing and knocking down jumpshots..

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 6:55 PM

Watch out stlscott, StatCheckeroo, and theotherside23. Sideline starter and his cohorts are going to call u ignorant for expressing your opinions. Lol

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:02 PM

Why would they call me ignorant? Im pretty sure my comment is spot on.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:26 PM

Not sure, stl. Hoops didn't even call him (highriser) ignorant. He called his post ignorant. It was pretty ignorant. He posted regarding something he had zero knowledge on and made false assumptions.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:34 PM

The game has been played. Sikeston loss, MRH won. I just hope that Charleston doesn't exploit the same weaknesses that MRH exploited. I don't want the Sikeston faithful making up excuses for another loss, that can be avoided with better game planning. I'm out of here ladies and gentlemen, until the next relevant topic is posted. See u soon!!!

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:45 PM

Im telling you right now that Charleston doesnt have near the personnel that MRH has, Sikeston was clearly a much better team than Charleston, watch the game game tape for heavens sake.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:49 PM

Ill never call anyone names..so read my post before saying I will call someone something .. I was just talking basketball.Then someone said something that has nothing to do with basketball ..smh. he said his opinion and I said mine..didn't even reject what he was saying, but still u pick..shame on you highriser..

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:50 PM

Here's the problem with your post highriser. On one hand you get on someone for taken a cheap shot at coach Frazier but then you do the same thing to Holifield. You didnt ask if he prepared his team for those situations. You asked why he didnt. Implying that he did not cover those things. That's not an opinion. That's you saying the coach didnt do his job. Which we have established that you were wrong.

-- Posted by trainhard on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:52 PM

Sorry I read that wrong, but lets just keep it basket ball people ..this is my 3rd day blogging and it seems like I'm on the bad girls club ..again sorry highriser I read ur post wrong

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 7:57 PM

Can't deal with ignorance. They will pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-- Posted by Winner11 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:01 PM

Gross is not a point guard. There's more to being point guard than just ballhandling. He knew he would be quarterback his senior year during his junior year and worked on it all off-season. Vashawn has done just fine at the point without much to alleviate him of his duties. He sees the floor better than most anyone in the area. However, Maplewood was able to keep him well guarded and prevent passing lanes from being available. I've watched Kyland play for years. He's a good player and very solid defensively. He isn't a point guard though. Just because he can handle the ball and doesn't look to score often doesn't mean that he needs to be taking the ball up the court and running the offense.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:22 PM

It shows the level of basketball intelligence when someone says he played quarterback so he could be a point guard, that was a good one.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:39 PM

Also off subject but that Mo class of 2011 was loaded and I think Ben McClemore may be the best of the bunch, that kid is wicked, #1 overall pick next year is possibility.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:41 PM

I'm at the gym with one of sikeston starters as we speak ..just asked him about my opinion of Gross being the point guard, and guess what he said??? Gross should be the point. He replied.. this I coming from a Bulldog starter..I know he's not the coach, but I think he know his teammates abilities and what would better the team..I would say his name but I don't want this to get bck to his coach..when the season ends I will reveal name..he doesn't have to be a s star point guard..just handle the ball and make good decisions, which he can do if given the opportunity..he hardly ever turn the ball over when he is running the point..all I'm saying that it will make ruffin harder to guard when he moves without the ball, and catch and shoot..

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:46 PM

Everybody calm down, Highriser's not a Sikeston fan. You have to remember he or she is blasting a coach that is two years removed from an undefeated Hall of Fame team and his team is ranked #1 in the state at present time, a team many thought would be down, and unfortunately, in a school not rich in basketball tradition.

-- Posted by Winner11 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:50 PM

I'm sure you just happened to catch one of Sikeston's starters right now. I keep up with college football message boards well and there is always the person who happened to hear what they want you to believe from so and so but won't give a name. Same old story.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:54 PM

I can guarantee he was just here, come and check his login at the YMCA.. Sorry I don't make up stories ..Just know that this starter just said it himself. If anyone who blogs on this site, that was just at the YMCA knows who that starter is..they YMCA would let him play BC he was scared someone would hurt him.. call and ask the staff did a sikeston player play today in the gym and u will have ur answer ... I don't lie..I know basketball buddy

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:09 PM

Why didnt you tell him that he was the new point guard. I mean that's all you have to do right? Just tell him.

-- Posted by trainhard on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:11 PM

Ironic thing is how much Sikestons team gets so much attn. How to do this and that, what to practice and what not, how about practice times>>> is there an issue with that? Maybe if they would have practiced at 6 am...they would have turboclocked MRH....really this is past ridiculous. Highriser, or whoever they decide to post as obviously has an issue with Holifield....past player who's "johnny" didnt get playing time, or possibly not even make the team. Maybe they are jealous of Sikestons success....millions of reasons, and none of them are anything other than personal. Again, go speak with Coach Holifield, man to man, face to face. Get your notes together and show your vast knowledge and bring your coaching resume with you. Easy way to solve it. If that isn't feasible for you, lay off with the negative talk about the coach and individual players. They are being dragged into a personal vendetta. Classless at the least. I urge Sikeston posters to not respond to him/her. It just gives them ammunition to bash.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:21 PM

Welcome to the Semoball forum, theotherside23. Disagree with (sideline starter) and you are basically called a liar! As to Winner11, I actually attended 28 out of 30 games in which the Bulldogs played that 2010'-2011'season, including the Final Four round in Columbia. That was a great season for my Dogs, but I particularly remember 2,000 to 2,500 Sikeston faithful fans, including (sideline starter and his cohorts) sitting on their hands when Notre Dame had the Bulldogs down by 7 to 9 points, with 2minutes left in the 3rd quarter. The Sikeston faithful had abandoned their Bulldogs, except for Highriser who came out the stands to get the Sikeston faithful to get off their butts and cheer for their team, when they needed it the most. The rest is history!!!

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:28 PM

Yup. I sure did abandon those guys. Anyone who knows me at games knows I'm the last one to stop cheering for the team whether it be that game, against Caruthersville last year when they went on a run, against Holt and St. Dom in 2010 and 2011, against Imagine Prep, against Charleston, Friday night against Maplewood. Most all Sikeston fans know who I am. If you don't, you're probably not a Sikeston fan.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:34 PM

Oh by the way that was the District championship game held at Dexter, for u guys that have amnesia.

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:35 PM

High rise,

Then don't blast your team because they lost a game. Don't throw players and coaches under the bus when things don't go just the way you think they should. Be a team player. This is very competitive. Sports. Go dogs

-- Posted by Winner11 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:39 PM

Wow. Sikeston fans fighting with other Sikeston fans about how to be a Sikeston fan. The stuff message boards are made of.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:42 PM

I do know u. I attended all of the games that u mentioned in your previous post, and I was taken back at the way the Sikeston faithful responded that night in Dexter. Smh

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:44 PM

No, no, no. You don't understand Highriser. The truth hurts for YOU, when your post is dissected into oblivion. I will read every post and make sure lies and name-dragging and ignorance won't arise again. I will educate you if I have to. You can say you don't like coach Holifield. You can say he's a bad coach. You disagree with his system. You can say Sikeston is a bad team. Those are fine. Those are opinions. Knock yourself out. Doesn't mean, I won't send a rebuttal with my opinion, though. But lies, libel/slander, saying he doesn't help kids to colleges, saying he didn't prepare his team or scout MRH....yep, you're gonna get called out on that trash. If you truly believe your garbage you spew, then as barkley said, man up. Go speak to him face to face. Knock yourself out. I know you won't.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:46 PM

What I remember from the district title game against ND at Dexter is ALL of Sikeston nation coming to its feet to rally the Dogs in that late 3rd quarter after the timeout when ND had just taken a 4-point lead. It wasn't one or two people. It was 2,000 red clad fans willing their team to victory. I've got the game on DVD. I may just watch it again because I love it.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:49 PM

I never threw anyone under the bus are made derogatory statements about a fellow posters' opinion. I call it like I see it. If people don't agree, that's fine. I would think that is why this forum was created.

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:50 PM

U do that Semohoops, and I guarantee that I'm correct. If u look closely, u might just see me coming out of the stands when Coach Holifield called the timeout. Lol

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:54 PM

Tell me where you sat and I'll take a look and see if the camera picked it up.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 9:57 PM

What really grinds my gears is how can anyone who would even claim to be a so-called Sikeston fan bash Coach Holifield? I mean, my gosh. Look at what he's done for Sikeston basketball, heck, even SEMO sports in the last 10 years. Obviously he's doing something right.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 10:01 PM

I sat on the Sikeston side, closer to the stage area. If that helps? I would like to get a copy of that DVD, and a copy of the Championship game at Columbia, if u have it. If not can u tell me how I could obtain a copy. Thank u.

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 10:04 PM

I will take a look if I can find the dang thing. Of course, I can't find it and it's irritating me. But the school probably still has copies of those games with the TV productions department.

-- Posted by semohoops on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 10:09 PM

Ok, thanks! I'll check with the school.

-- Posted by Highriser on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 10:19 PM

Starter.....stay on the sidelines please.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 9:44 AM

IMO..Sikeston want win state with Ruffin at PG, not because he doesnt have the skills, but because that takes away what he can do more of, score. LEBRON doesnt play PG, DEWAYNE does....GRANT HILL didnt play PG, BOBBY HURLEY did, TUCKER didnt play PG, PARHAM did...JUSTIN CLARK didnt play PG, SHAWN SHERREL did. I could go on all day long.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 9:54 AM

Dwyane Wade is not the point guard and doesn't even average close to the assists that Lebron does. Neither one of them run point. Chalmers does.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 10:17 AM

DEWAYNE WADE was originally a POINT GUARD, but anyway SIKESTON BETTER FIND ANOTHER PG PERIOD.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 10:23 AM

Vashawn is my dude, yall mad cause we beat every one but MRH,,,like seriously???? Vashawn is the best ball handler in the whole SEMO area then J.T. BallingOnYall Jones is next

-- Posted by SikestonBaller21 on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 10:42 AM

Dwyane is a shooting guard who can also thrive at the point. Sounds similar to Vashawn. The kid has one off night and the world is ending. There is no set formula to what creates a championship team.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 10:42 AM

LU I think Bobby Hurley would have better at the post.

-- Posted by kjohnson on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 10:54 AM

LU, Stay off the boards please. We are trying to have an intelligent conversation.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 11:20 AM

I wish that Jackson or P.B. were better so that we could possibly have southeastern MO. representation in every class this year?!

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 1:55 PM

Crap since I don't know who sideline is I'm not a Sikeston fan I just read that. Now where am I going to sit at games? Lol

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 2:33 PM

TFA, someone let me know who you are. I'll introduce myself at one of the games. If you ever see Rocket, I'm normally sitting with him if I'm there.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 6:05 PM

I was trying to figure out which one of the 2 guys that I only see at some games sitting by Rocket that u were. I kinda like guessing who is who! I'm thinking this time you were there before Rocket then he came and sat with you. But I could be wrong.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Jan 15, 2013, at 6:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.