[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (301) More threads Create thread

SIKESTON VS MRH
Posted by Highriser on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 4:44 PM:

How will the Bulldogs respond against one of the more athletic teams in Mo.

Replies

I personally think Sikeston will win the game.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 5:13 PM

MRH is better than the St Louis Zumalt team so it should be a battle.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 5:15 PM

I saw MRH play at the Showdown in Poplar Bluff and I'm wondering how MRH's full court pressure will effect Sikeston's guard play?

-- Posted by Highriser on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 5:28 PM

How is Sikeston's guard play? I seem to recall Charleston forcing several turnovers when they really turned the pressure up. However that was the only game I've seen them play.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 5:55 PM

imo sikeston will be fine in this game,i got them winning by 7

-- Posted by kmasters on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 8:14 PM

Nice to hear from u Big Papi. As I've stated, I watched MRH play at the Showdown, and they pressured the ball for most of the game, but I thought that they lacked depth, and this cost them a loss.

-- Posted by Highriser on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 1:32 AM

Farmboy,

I've seen Sikeston just once, against Fort Zumwalt South. Ruffin is an excellent ballhandler, but their other guards seemed to be a bit shaky. FZS used a box and one against Ruffin, which definitely slowed Sikeston down in the half court. I don't know how MRH will play this game, but I think their best shot is to hold down the tempo and grind on Sikeston with their tough half court defense. MRH has some good athletes, but it's hard to beat Sikeston in a track meet.

The Battle between J.T. Jones and Spudich should be a good one, as Big Papi indicated. Spudich is very strong (a good defensive lineman on the football team) and looked deceptively nimble the one time I saw MRH play. MRH has another big man, Collins, who seemed to be a bit quicker than Spudich and flashed some nice moves in the paint. They're both around 6'4" or 6'5".

And watch Khalid Hagens, their best all-around player. The MRH quarterback has what Charlie Spoonhour woud have called a "very nice" game.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:46 AM

I'm going with MRH.

SIKESTON-59

MAPLEWOOD-69

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:47 AM

I can also see Sikeston winning this game too.

SIKESTON-65

MAPLEWOOD-57

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:48 AM

Im going to go along with the theme here, and say either MRH or Sikeston should win this game,, I will say this though Hagens will be the best player on the floor.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:57 AM

stlscott your cool.lol you know one has to win.Should be a packed house.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 9:13 AM

Got to see the Bulldogs the other night. What a well oiled basketball MACHINE! Not many hiccups and what a bench! Be proud of your 2012 - 2013 edition, Bulldog fans, another trip to the Final Four looks real probable to me.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 9:14 AM

Hey Big Papi you complained and had a fit when they moved SHS and CHS game to the SMC because of CHS fans this and that. CHS plays SCC and u and other CHS are goin to watch. SHS and MRH what up with that

-- Posted by sikeston train on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 9:25 AM

You need to come around the basketball conversation more often mojo. Hope all is well with you.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 9:27 AM

just whot ares you talkin bout Big Poopi? whot du you always talkin bout corkey frazier all the time Bucko? are you gunna get him some Mcdalds after the game too?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 1:43 PM

MRH is a Class 3 team.

If Sikeston cann't beat them, how do they expect to compete in Class 4 State?

-- Posted by UFO on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 2:17 PM

Smaller class teams beat larger schools all the time. It doesn't stop the larger schools from competing in their class. For example, Scott Central (Class 2A) beat Charleston (3A) and Cape Central (4A) in 1980, yet both of those schools still won state.

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 2:39 PM

Class 4 sikeston woulda won class 5 state 2 years ago ufo and scc with otto coulda won class 3 or 4 state. Class is not a factor whenya got talent.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 3:21 PM

what time does this game start on fri and is there a jv game also. thanks

-- Posted by runner50 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 3:25 PM

@runner50 JV starts at 6 and varsity concluding the end of JV.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 3:28 PM

This should be a really, really good game and I say Sikeston gets the W in a close one 5-10 points. JT will come through and Sikeston's depth should help a ton. I'm sure someone will disagree and say they are just as deep. (there's one in every crowd) Frazier is supposedly a shadow of McFerren and they have the same coaching. Reasonably so. Can't wait for this one!!! Should be a heckava game.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 3:33 PM

I've been waiting to watch this game as soon as I heard we were playing them and how good they are.

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 3:37 PM

I think a very key part to this game is going to be free throw shooting, can't beleive no one has mentioned this.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 3:38 PM

And I was told our team has been working on that area

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 3:39 PM

This is going to be a very physical game, my prediction whoever shoots free throws better wins. Not a glamorous opinion, but just watch and see.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 3:40 PM

Good TFA, they needed to work on that they got lucky up at ST Dom to get outta there with a w, after the way they yshot.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 3:42 PM

Can anyone tell me MRH's current record? Wins, losses etc.

-- Posted by Highriser on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 4:42 PM

When is this game going to happen and it it at Maplewood or Sikeston?

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 4:47 PM

I beleive they are 7-3 but I may be off, but take a look at the schedule it does more justice than wins and losses, IMO.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 4:48 PM

Game is here in Sikeston tomorrow night

-- Posted by TFA on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 5:09 PM

This could be our first loss. It helps that it is on our court. We have to be on fire tomorrow night to win this one. MRH does have the harder schedule.

-- Posted by Sikeston fan on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 6:06 PM

Good info Big Poppa, I was on phone driving I kinda knew I was off.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 6:10 PM

Don't post and drive stlscott!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 6:14 PM

Good point preacher

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 7:06 PM

Is that right Normandy is not even ranked?

-- Posted by sikeston train on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:00 PM

Great info guys. I'm hoping for a Sikeston win, but I'm very concerned about Sikeston's response to the full court pressure that MRH will play. Sikeston had too many turnovers against Charleston in the championship game. This should be a good indicator on how far the Bulldogs can go this year regarding post season play.

-- Posted by Highriser on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:29 PM

Will it make you feel better Papi when Sikeston and Charleston play next year at the SMC so Sikeston loses HOME court advantage?

-- Posted by mmorse on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:39 PM

I agree. Strong Small schools can compete very well with strong larger schools on given years.

MRH should be a good test for Sikeston.

Go Bulldogs!

-- Posted by UFO on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:52 PM

If Sikeston can maintain their composure and keep good ball pressure, I like their chances. I have heard (not sure if true) that MRH isn't particularly deep. The big floor in the Fieldhouse can get long late in the 3rd and 4th quarter. The Dogs are going to need some shots to fall as well.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:20 PM

Will this game be on the school tv channel? I'm at home with the flu and that sure would be a bonus if the game is aired.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:25 PM

I'm sure it will be birdfan. I believe it is Charter Channel 985.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:27 PM

Thanks, sideline

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:28 PM

No problem. Get better soon.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:28 PM

It should be birdfan, but I'm not sure. I would check around 7 to see if it is coming on.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:28 PM

Good call birdfan. I keep forgetting about that option. Sounds like my Friday night plans are made. Geez I'm boring.

Hope you get to feeling better!

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:29 PM

I'm going to say Sikeston by 7 with Sikeston having a little bigger lead and letting MRH back into the game late!

I could see a 10-12 point lead at times, but need to see the dogs close out the game a little stronger than we have so far this season.

NOT SAYING MRH CAN'T WIN!!!

It could easily happen, but I'm going with Sikeston by 7 in a very FAST up tempo game.

-- Posted by Matt Foley (Agitator) on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:35 PM

Good luck to both teams.. I'm expecting a really good game..

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 11:06 PM

Sideline, I like a good basketball game once in awhile, but unfortunately my team hasn't had much to crow about since the '70's & '80's. I don't get to many away games like I have for football, travel in the middle of the week sucks and no one is broadcasting the Blackcat games except when the radio stations want to highlight other teams.

Anyway, back on subject, I'd be interested to see the highlight reel from your game tonight, should be a good one!

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:40 AM

I think that this will be a good game. I want Sikeston to win because they are from the southeastern MO. area but I also want my homeboy who is coaching the Blue Devils to do well also.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:06 PM

Can someone tell me who are the players to watch for MRH?

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:28 PM

Or not.

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 2:59 PM

Hagens 6'3" all-around

Frazier 5'10" guard

Spudich 6'5" post

Those 3 impressed me the most at Bluff and to speak of their depth, I believe they played 8-man rotation.

http://stats.stlhighschoolsports.com/spo...

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 3:12 PM

Reddirt,

Here's a post I put up on MoSports earlier today. Talks about a few of the MRH players. They are a scrappy bunch. Played maybe 7 guys when I saw them:

I agree that this will be a hard fought contest. I hope it lives up to our expectations.

I think MRH will give Sikeston some trouble with its physical defense. My guess is that Coach Frazier will show them different looks--some occasional full-court pressing--but will save most of his team's energy to try to grind Sikeston down in the half-court with some Lennies McFerren-inspired in-your-shorts man-to-man defense complemented by some half-court zone trapping. If they get the chance, they will try to double the ball aggressively.

Sikeston's offense usually starts with Vashawn Ruffin and ends with J.T. Jones. Maplewood has to slow these two down to win. MRH has two big men, Spudich and Collins, who move pretty well and should give Jones a test. But I think the real key on defense is containing Ruffin and making Sikeston settle for outside shots.

The obvious key for MRH on offense is to get the ball up the court and not allow Sikeston a bucketful of easy baskets. MRH handled the ball well in the game I saw, but Marquette's defensive pressure does not compare with Sikeston's. If MRH takes care of the ball, they might get enough offense from the smooth Khalid Hagens and a couple of other guys to win. I think a concern for Sikeston will be the defensive glass. They go after the ball hard but have had a tough time boxing out in their half-court zone. They need to limit MRH's second chances.

My guess is that Sikeston is going to get a battle but that it will get loose for one or two of its 10 point per minute blitzes somewhere along the way and prevail.

Whatever the outcome, I think this is the kind of game that Sikeston needs to prepare for the tournament, particularly if Maplewood is able to control the tempo and make Sikeston play in the half court. Sikeston will probably have to do that somewhere along the way to win it all in Class 4.

Of course, I've seen each team just once this season and may not know what I'm talking about. But that has never stopped me from posting before. Sikeston, 61-57.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 3:17 PM

Sorry, smo723, didn't see your post. You're right about Frazier. I should have mentioned him.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 3:19 PM

Oh, no problem unclegrubworm. I like your post because it gives reasons why. I have only seen them play twice, so my view is also very limited.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 3:27 PM

IMO I think MRH will walk out of the field house with a win tonight. I think that old school McFerren defense will get to them. Tonight will be a good test for Sikeston. I have faith in my fellow Charleston alum! See you guys there!

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 3:34 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 4:39 PM

Any of Charleston faithful who felt compelled to come to the Dog Dome tonight me and some of your favorite sikeston semoball posters are here on the Sikeston side of the gym wearing red and black if you would like to come meet us.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:20 PM

SHS alot of miss lay up an turnovers and MRH hitting 3's out rebounded SHS Jay-t is the only player that is playing consistent. SHS down by 8

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:57 PM

28-20

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:58 PM

Is that a halftime score?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:07 PM

35-26 MRH at half.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:08 PM

Mrh up 35-26 @ half.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:09 PM

Sikeston down by 9 at half. Sikeston has played sloppy D and not shot 3's well at all. MRH has hit lots of quality threes they are 6 for 7 so far I think.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:11 PM

What the hell?! Do I hear a pep band? I always miss the games with the pep band.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:13 PM

By that MRH defense is tough....

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:24 PM

Is Sikeston's home win streak still intact, or did Charleston end it last year?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:27 PM

Sikeston down by 10 in 4th 59 - 49

-- Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:36 PM

For the life of me, I wish Sikeston would find them a new announcer for the school channel. This guy has done it for years and has to be the absolute worst that has ever been behind a microphone.

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:41 PM

I actually thougt he was doing a decent job. Keeps it low key and isn't as big of a homer as a lot of announcers are. It helps that MRH is winning too, I'm a little less critical lol.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:43 PM

Maplewood tough charleston take note cause they can make those shots

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:45 PM

Score?

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:46 PM

67-59 MRH with about 2:00 left

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:48 PM

I smell comeback...

-- Posted by RedShirt on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:49 PM

You're just way too kind, Farmboy....lol

-- Posted by birdfan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:49 PM

Must have a cold RedShirt. Lol

Seriously...that dude just whiffed on that dunk...baaaaad.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:50 PM

SHS looks winded not having that bench depth and that man to man giving Vashawn the blues. Jay T played a heck of a game.. If Reese hit half of his missed layup ls SHS wins by 4.. MRH very good ball club

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:52 PM

If MRH hadn't forced so many turnovers, they may have lost by 4.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:53 PM

So what was the final score?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:54 PM

Not over.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:55 PM

I knew I knew u Big P

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:56 PM

MRH wins 70-66

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:56 PM

Just wasn't our night tonight. Couldn't hit a layup and couldn't rebound. MRH is very good and athletic and the refs let both teams play. Didn't call much of anything until the fourth. I don't think they would beat us every night but they did tonight and that's what matters. Corey chirped way too much for my taste. Came off very disrespectful but I guess that's his style. Good luck to them.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:57 PM

when was the last non-semo conference team loss at home?

-- Posted by RedShirt on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:00 PM

Man, sikeston and charleston back to back nights

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:01 PM

MRH very good squad...big , quick, strong....

Hard to see them losing many games.

Impressive team

-- Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:04 PM

Hats off to coachmrh and his team on the win tonight. It was a hard fought game and every time Sikeston would cut into the lead, MRH would have a response. It was an off shooting night for Sikeston, but a lot of that obviously had to do with MRH's pressure. I think part of the missed layups was rushing and worrying about shots being altered by the MRH bigs.

Vashon was hobbled late in the game. Anyone know why? My guess was leg cramps.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:16 PM

I liked to see good players and they had some pretty shots. We fought just didn't make our shots. We lost to a good team there's nothing wrong with that.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:17 PM

Big difference tonight was the ability to hit three pointers consistently. Sikeston hit 2 threes and MRH 6 or 8. MRH was big enough and athletic to make the Bulldogs work all night and it showed in the fourth.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:18 PM

Just left the Fieldhouse. MRH was a very good team. Bulldogs, we still love and are very proud of you. They were the better team tonight. MRH will beat Charleston, that's for sure!

-- Posted by Sikeston fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:27 PM

Can MRH beat Madison Prep??

-- Posted by RedShirt on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:29 PM

Hats off to MRH. They played great defense and were able to take Sikeston out of their game plan. The were big and athletic. We lost to a great team. I doubt we see another team that good again this year. Best of luck to MRH the rest of the year.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:31 PM

Charleston doesn't stand a chance against MRH. Definitely no repeat for them. Hats off to MRH. Good game Dogs!!

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:43 PM

Great game by both teams. Loved the atmosphere. Always Glad to come home. Sideline sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. I just coach competitive basketball. No disrespect. Good luck sikeston rest of the way.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:44 PM

Big Papi, you should have put an APB on your Jays last night in the 4th. Haha!

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:44 PM

I think one point was proving tonight that the transition from shooting guard to point guard was difficult on Ruffin when playing against solid defense. SHS still had plenty of oppoirtinties they were better from the free throw line but the turnovers got them because MRH missed alot of dunks and open shoots as well.It was a good great game and good atmosphere

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:46 PM

Would be interested to see how many turnovers Sikeston had.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:47 PM

Now u know the fieldhouse wasn't quiet. We support them no matter what. Coach Mac was there?? I wished I would of known.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:49 PM

I get it Corey. Those refs stunk for both teams but there is a point where I felt you were going too far with it. Papi, I'm utterly stunned by your reaction. Stunned I tell you.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:51 PM

Aren't we all absolutely blown away that Papi posts something with disdain or cockiness. Go find any posts from when Sikeston beat Charleston that show Sikeston fans posting with such arrogance as you are showing in your above post, Papi. You won't because their weren't any.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:55 PM

Who chirped about beating Fredericktown? We played bad against Fredericktown. Let's make up more random stuff. Yay!! Random stuff!!

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:55 PM

Wait just a minute! You never saw a MRH player do that?! Then u must be blind! What about when JT was on the ground and his teammate went to help him up and one of there bigs shoved the guy trying to help JT! Or what about when Jr. Put his fingers to his mouth and told the crowd to be quiet?! I agree that we talked a bunch, to much, but come on! Homer!!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:55 PM

Papi I have heard Greg shouting from the opposite side of the court 15 rows with a packed house. Frazier was excessive tonight in his behavior but what was so bad about it was that the refs let it effect the way they called the game which is unacceptable.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:56 PM

Sikeston players acted ignorant, MRH players acted ignorant, both coaches yelled a lot, MRH won the game. Great. Anybody have some **** stats?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:57 PM

I liked sikeston but at home, this comes down to what I've said all year, sikeston doesn't play anybody, weak schedules do you no good, good job by mrh.

-- Posted by stlscott on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:57 PM

I liked sikeston but at home, this comes down to what I've said all year, sikeston doesn't play anybody, weak schedules do you no good, good job by mrh.

-- Posted by stlscott on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:57 PM

Coach...great game plan by doubling Vashawn. Sikeston won't play a better team the rest of the way. Good luck to MRH the rest of the way. My Dogs didn't quit and almost pulled it off but MRH was too much.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:58 PM

One more thing - I found it a little odd that a class 3 school had that many big athletic kids living in its district. It must just be one of those anomalies.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:00 PM

Yawn. Is that the best you can come up with rocketsbro?

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:02 PM

It's sad to see all the trash talk between Sikeston and Charleston. They both have great programs that should both be respected. The tradition of Charleston basketball very few can compete with, but I choose to focus on the present and they both represent SEMO statewide and should be commended for that. The bad thing about this site is you have your bleacher bums vs. the has been athletes who all have chips on their shoulder. I was an athlete but I choose to put the attention where it should be and that's the kids currently on the court. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season and some of you people need to get over yourselves.

-- Posted by indianchief on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:02 PM

I'm really upset about the game, but you always make me laugh rocketsbro!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:03 PM

very good game and glad to see chs alum doing well. sikeston received many favorable calls from the refs tonight which kept the game close. good game by both teams and i agree mrh will beat c-town. good luck chs2mrh good to see you tonight and take care of that leg

-- Posted by runner50 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:04 PM

When would MRH potentially meet Charleston? I didn't see the brackets posted on MSHSAA's website anywhere. Might be too early.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:06 PM

Refs did a good job. No question. Like I said, hats off to MRH. They were sneaky and pushing out players but the refs didn't see it. Oh well, move on. Coach Frazier is a fireball and I think his coaching style gets his players attention which is something i respect. But I am glad I didn't bring my kids because of his foul language. That game behind MRH's bench was rated R. That was an exciting game. Sikeston can learn from there mistakes and take care if business now. That was a fun game. A fun rated R game. Lol

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:07 PM

Depending on brackets in 3a it will be Madison Prep an MRH in finals with Madison winning it all..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:08 PM

Speaking of refs I've never seen these anyone know where they came from? Well besides footlocker like someone yelled at the game.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:09 PM

Thanks for answering the question.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:09 PM

Not sure, they did get on MRH's bus after the game though.

*game show loser music*

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:10 PM

Why can't some of the Sikeston fans take being defeated? Just had to put Charleston in it. Smh... true enough the Bluejays may run into a problem come playoff time, but that is irrelevant for tonight discussion..The refs called a horrible first half against MRH, but that's my opinion..Corey did his job as a coach and exposed the refs by calling out there flaws..It worked to his advantage, BC they straightened the play calling up a bit in the second half..as for the sikeston players telling MRH bench that they are still going to state, was not classy.. a player from MRH said something in response to it, and Corey straight chewed his player out, threatened to send him to the locker room...nothing said to JT, Bratcher or Ruffin..I was right behind MRH bench..Sikeston your a great team, but not tonight ...MRH was....holla back

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:10 PM

Mc 2.0? That must be some good stuff your smoking!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:11 PM

MRH needs to get out of their district before worrying about charleston. That's something MRH hasn't done in a couple of years.

-- Posted by indianchief on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:12 PM

Hmmmm....what does Charleston have to do with this? Maybe they're in the same class. So, in conclusion Charleston won't be a team like MRH. Put the pieces together.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:13 PM

I probably will never post here again. All my kids have been with me since their brothers player back in 2005. My son was told to not shush the crowd by me. We are not about that and never will be. But this is going to far. Thanks for the support to all. Glad to see my uncle Ricky and coach Mac in attendance. JT Jones is tough.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:14 PM

Yea Mac did that super sized in his day grabbing arms and jersey spitting cursing in your face. We know that's a big no no now. That's assault flat out. Lol His games were rates XXX. Corey had a game plan pressure the only real ball handler in Ruffin make the role players step up. Bratcher did. But SHS needs to play a few games like this every year to really have them ready late season.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:14 PM

Just trying to show it went both ways Corey. You have a great team good luck the rest of the season!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:17 PM

Oh that must of been their wives driving the busses then. Joking!! I never blame anything on the refs because no matter what ppl always say they favor the other team and crazy stuff like that. Bad calls are bad calls they miss them both ways. It was a good game. MRH was a good team like I knew they would be. Just like some Charleston fans said when we beat them that it will help them in the long run this losing will help our team.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:19 PM

Corey you have a very good team with lots of shooters and to everyone else you should of seen my coach back in the day she was tough and was something else on the sidelines these guys are puppies compared to her lol!!

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:27 PM

Lol. That's funny. It was a lot of fun being back in sikeston field house. Great memories.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:37 PM

So telling MRH that your still going to state anyway, has to do with what???not even in the same class..lol they care less about sikeston making it to state...MRH just cared about that win tonight!! Charleston is not worried about MRH either.. Gotta make it that far first.. this blog is about tonights game and not the future. We don't know if CHS & MRH will ever meet up this year..So if you wanna blog about the future events please start a CHS vs MRH blog..this is sikeston vs MRH

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:41 PM

My apologies for bringing up Charleston. Coach Frazier, you do a great job. That was my opinion and I should have thought about it. This team was good and Sikeston needed this tonight. Take your lumps and move on. Learn from it. The Khalid (sp?) is a great player and the left handed kid was lights out from beyond the arc. Lots of positives. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:45 PM

Big Papi, that's a pretty general statement. Considering Sikeston has only lost about 6 games in the three years I've been posting here, then I guess I really haven't found that many things strange. Nice try though. Come again when you actually have something legit to say about my posts.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:49 PM

Thanks

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:49 PM

Wow, I root for Ctown every year in the playoffs, but you are making it very difficult!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:51 PM

Did someone accuse MRH of recruiting?

-- Posted by RedShirt on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:52 PM

What REDDIRT DOG said. I rooted for them against Hogan Prep last year. Someone is making that a bit more difficult.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:55 PM

Geez, I was rooting for Ctown last night against DC despite Papi. Too bad Papi has to be this way.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:59 PM

Mutual feeling this way also.. u make it hard to cheer on for sikeston, by not accepting tonights loss..it seems like if sikeston has an off night, you find another sore to pick at, and thats usually with Charleston..I have great respect for sikeston and its program, but just take the loss and turn it into something positive, and not against any other team who you didn't even play tonight

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:11 PM

Who hasn't accepted tonight's loss? Sikeston got beat by a really good team. Who has said otherwise?

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:16 PM

MRH is a hell of a team. Dang good. I think Frazier does a great job with them and really had them inspired to beat his old rival. Sikeston was out-matched but very proud of the way the Bulldogs battle. They never, ever quit. Just too many horses to overcome on this night, although Sikeston actually controlled the boards. Disappointed to lose, but not disappointed with the effort out there. Incredible heart and determination.

There were way more Charleston fans there tonight than Maplewood fans. Quite a showing and very impressed with Maplewood. Looks like a college team trotting out there.

If the teams meet up, Maplewood would play Madison Prep in a sectional game. The winner of that would get Charleston in a quarterfinal if they all met. I haven't seen Madison this year, but I have a hard time believing they could beat this Maplewood bunch.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:26 PM

Good game MRH AND SHS!!! Hey C.Frazier,good to see u man. Ur team and the bulldogs played a hell of a game. Good to see Ricky there,he is the man that got all of us playing great basketball. Jt Jones is a beast and is the best player in this area. Coach Mac loved the game. Keep on coaching CF the way u was taught,it makes kids work harder. Like I told u in Farmington,we love ya man cause you made it. Good luck to your team and good luck to SHS.

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:26 PM

Thanks PeCo

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:28 PM

Papi, I did say I thought it was strange for a class 3 school district to have that many big athletic kids, and statistically speaking, it is, especially with all of them being in the same graduating class. MRH needs to make its hay this year because according to the game program, they graduate 10 seniors from their team (and they only brought 9). Judging from their JV squad, the future doesn't look all that promising. But then again, you never know when you will have some move-ins.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:29 PM

Sikeston didn't "jump" either time to play SCC the two times they met. Both times the administration had to be persuaded. It's out of the coaches hands in that deal. As for playing a third time in 2011, it was never discussed. Not one time by either party. All I know is Holifield and Kenyon Wright just briefly talked about it in passing and Kenyon wasn't interested in playing a third time and neither was the administration. Had they played though, it would have been a great game, but in my biased opinion, Sikeston was untouchable that year.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:29 PM

That's something I've never understood semohoops. With the great traditions, and being so close, I would think Sikeston and SCC would play every season. Why don't they?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:35 PM

Rocketbro..I see people saying they accepted the lost, but if u keep continuing on about another team is going to lose also, u really haven't accepted that loss...that's all I'm saying

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:38 PM

I mentioned Charleston by saying I don't see them beating MRH. My bad. Just my opinion. But I ALSO said, this was good for SHS and the take their lumps learn and move on. I said you tip your cap to MRH.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:39 PM

My guess is that SHS has nothing to gain from a yearly game with SCC. I personally think we shouldn't play any class 1 or 2 teams, and the class 3 teams should be limited to perennial powerhouses. But alas, I do not make the schedule nor do I wish to make the schedule. I just like airing opinions about it.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:40 PM

But SCC has been the exception to the rule as far as Class 1 teams go, haven't they? As far as nothing to gain, what about the huge gates? Remember the big crowds at the SMC a couple of seasons ago?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:43 PM

Otherside, your post is completely illogical. What does saying another team wouldn't beat the team you just lost to have to do with not accepting the loss?

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:45 PM

Preacher, yes, they were when they had Cookson, but they aren't now. I personally don't see SCC remaining a top program.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:48 PM

Bye Big Papi. It's been fun. Glad your happy seeing one of your teams finally beat your sworn enemy Sikeston.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:49 PM

SCC was pretty good when Wright was there too rocketsbro. As for the future, we will see.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:51 PM

Correction, I don't see SCC remaining a top program that transcends the classes. I'm sure they will be just fine in class 1, but I don't think they have a bunch of Otto Porter clones waiting in the wings.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:53 PM

Rocketsbro--- Quit your whining dude. You are questioning MRH's roster and wanting to know how they are so athletic. Geez. They are basically all seniors so just take your whipping like a man. Who cares what their JV has. You just got your tail handed to you by a Class 3 school. Talk about move ins-- talk a little about yours in recent years aka the Porter kids. Nobody cares about that or is whining about it so just be gracious in defeat. Period. The better team won tonight.

-- Posted by Hemingway on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:55 PM

Hemingway, screw you.

Nonetheless, as I said previously, MRH outplayed Sikeston tonight. They have a very talented team. Congrats to them on the win.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:03 AM

Hemingway- Learn how to take a joke. He was kidding about their roster. It's called sarcasm. That is all.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:04 AM

Well it might be sarcasm but I didn't take it as that. Doesn't matter, the best team won tonight and it wasn't just a coincidence. Sikeston has a fine team and I will root for them just like I root for all SE teams. Rocketsbro, take a chill pill dude. I like your bunch. I honestly don't think that Sikeston will lose another game this season unless it comes in the playoffs---which I hope it doesn't come.

-- Posted by Hemingway on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:12 AM

Rocketbro..wasn't really talking to you. The person I was talking to understood me. Thank u bjk for shedding some light on our conversation..if I'm ever in the wrong I will do the same..but I'm not about to debate with rocketbro about an understanding that we both understand...understood rocketbro.. personally I like sikeston, just throwing that out there, before u say ima sikeston hater..I play with some of the players at the YMCA in the off season

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:14 AM

My bad otherside. I just didn't see where you were coming from since you didn't address the post to anyone. I just figured that since this was an open forum you were addressing everyone.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:18 AM

Now to make this funny, you did address me directly. Nice.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:19 AM

Rocketbro..this is my first time blogging, and I can tell that u like find anything u can stick ur hands in. I hope u wear rubber gloves, BC u might catch the flu..lol..this is how I will respond to u at all times cause u will never get to me with ur virus...good night.. nice game tonight on both sides ..

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:34 AM

Sikeston may have been winded. Sure. But so was Maplewood. Both teams played their hearts out. But despite that, Sikeston was closing the gap very quickly in the final seconds. That doesn't sound like they were too gassed to me.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:47 AM

Who do you suggest Sikeston play stlscott? They were supposed to play Dyer County in the Rector Shootout, but DC didn't want to play the game for whatever reason. They are in the Tiger Shootout where Cape Central can pit them against any team they can get. They played Imagine Prep last year and Parkway South this year, who is traditionally pretty strong. They just played Maplewood. They play in the St. Dominic Tourney which isn't the strongest tournament in the land, but no slouch either. They play the SEMO Conference Tournament and in the SEMO Conference, which provides plenty of competition on its own. They play DeSoto, who is always competitive. They play Blytheville who has been a known power in Arkansas, although not as much recently. Does every single game need to be against some juggernaut?

-- Posted by semohoops on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:50 AM

I would like to say congrats to Corey on the great win tonight!! He coached one heck of a game and his team played one heck of a game!! Good job coach and I'm honored to have gotten to see a Charleston great coach a team the same way his old coach, coached him! Good luck to you and your team! Hopefully Charleston will get to play y'all in the post season! If that game does happen, I'm predicting a nail bitter and possibly a overtime or two! Keep up the hard work!

-- Posted by bluejaypride on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:58 AM

Actually, Papi, to clarify, Sikeston beat Imagine Prep last year at the Cape shootout. Imagine Prep then won the quarterfinal game by 1 point.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:35 AM

Quiet down Sikeston fans! Highriser told u that this was a very athletic team. The Bulldogs needed this defeat! It is very hard to go 30-0, in a 3 year span. Now the Bulldogs know what it takes to win another state title. My hat goes off to JT. Jones! He played like a "BEAST" tonite! Now, the Bulldogs can regroup and focus on winning another state title!

-- Posted by Highriser on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:42 AM

I guess Papi and stlscott are now the same person. He/they must have a personality disorder. Stlscott seems to have coherent thoughts and pappy loves to ramble and "seem" hip. I know what cookie and "turnt up" both mean, but I normally hear those words out of the mouth of someone under the age of 20.

Also, at most schools in the contiguous 48 (that means the US for those named Big Papi) the AD does the scheduling, not the head coach.

pappy....do you really believe that SCC called up Chicago Simeon and asked to play a game and Simeon says "Sure!" I have a hunch that it had to do with Otto, Jr being on SCC's roster. Otherwise, why doesn't Charleston play them or how about Findlay Prep or St Anthony's? Why not just holla at them and place those 2 L's on the Jays schedule? While you are at it, I heard the Knicks needed another game. Just call, I'm sure they are waiting to hear from you pappy.

Himisgay....SHHHHHH! Lol. Stop trying to stir the pot.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:57 AM

Highriser....do you always speak in third person? Rocket689 said MRH played a great game and were just too much for the Dogs tonight. MRH definitely has to be odds on favorite to win Class 3. I still like the Dogs chances after seeing how they played a team like that.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 3:01 AM

stlfan...do you actually read your posts before you hit "submit?" The reason Vashawn had "trouble" tonight was because MRH (a team full of Division I-bodied guards) DOUBLE TEAMED him ALL night! It was an obvious gameplan from Coach Frazier and proved to be the difference maker. Hats off to him for that. Besides MRH is dang good...

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 3:08 AM

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH.I know what i said.Place in point as I said because Ruffin has never had to run point and a true point can handle pressure no matter what he came down the court and was throwing the ball away or either getting ripped by a sophmore.Ruffin is not a true point guard he is a shooting guard. His role changed because SHS has no ball handlers so he inherited the role of point.He has hit double digits against weak teams but fails to teach 8 points all year on a little better quality team.Its easy to catch in shoot when thats all you have to do as I see it he cant handle pressure. Sorry your disgruntled.Wipe your tears and the drool from your mouth because it doesnt look good on you.And that weak zone allowed MRH to stand drain 3's on ShS all night.For as I can see good coaching move to double Ruffin because he probably got the report that he cant handle pressure.

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 3:46 AM

Is Charleston a good team stlfan38? Ruffin had 17 points, 12 assists against those guys. What is your hatred of this young man? Why do you bash him? He works his tail off to be the best player he can be playing the game he loves. Why don't you be a man and quit hiding and come talk to the coaching staff about your expertise? I advise you to watch your tone when talking about kids. I can handle griping about zone defenses or Holifield's subbing or lack of man to man or whatever floats your boat. But I don't like bashing the kids. I think Richard crosses this line too. It's a basketball game and you guys make it out to be life and death if a kid has a bad game.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 4:08 AM

Blytheville won state in 2006. Took 3rd in 2007 and 2008. So no, it hasn't been as long as you say. But Sikeston has always played them. So you only want to play them when they are great and then drop them when they aren't competitive?

I'm sure if Webster Groves or Borgia called then Sikeston would schedule them. They don't duck anybody. In fact, Sikeston goes out searching for games. They found Maplewood. They've gotten into shootouts. They travel to St. Louis for a tournament. I suggest you guys talk to the Sikeston AD and see if you can work out games with other schools. We won't solve this enormous schedule problem on semoball.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 4:56 AM

How is that bashing.Let me get your binky and blanket and changed your diaper. I said Ruffin was a good player he just isn't a true point guard he is a shooting guard. I'm just saying what I witnessed last night just like I said Porter missed a gang of wide open lay ups. The reason for that would be what because he doesn't go up as strong as maybe he should in the post seemed a little worried r scared that his shot was gonna get blocked so he rushed alot of them. There wasone time that I said a statement about Ruffin that I apologized for on last year. Since I have spoken about the things that I have seen on the court. A post player can work his tail off too but that doesn't make him a point guard. This was a new role for Ruffin and against a better opponent he didn't do well. St Dom he didn't do well when they went to

Box in one it is what it is. I'm not gonna hold my mouth to satisfy you coach..I'm not the one talking bout he on the bus looking for the ball he loss.. Talk about that.But your diaper bag is packed plenty of milk and baby food since you not ready for solids yet. Get a real life Poster Infant..

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:10 AM

Just like I've said all year I like sikeston a club but they would be just another team if they played in suburban north, period. When you play demo teams all year it does you no good, sikeston would be a 500 team if they played mrh schedule.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:22 AM

Stlscott,

Good One. Sikeston won class 4 state two years ago. I'm sure all of the other Suburban North Teams have accomplished the same... Right...

I'm also sure all average teams win state like this...

Fact is: MRH is ranked #2 in Class 3 and they're anything but Average.

-- Posted by UFO on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:33 AM

I love when Sikeston loses a big game because it brings out the worst in everyone.. Sikeston fans and more notably all their haters lol

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:47 AM

UFO I'm not going to respond to you, your too dumb.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:52 AM

Sikeston loses one game by 4 points, and the idiots really show themselves.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:58 AM

I'm a charleston fan but have lived in stl for years... No way in recent years Sikeston is "average" in sub north. Nor would they be a .500 team if they had mrh schedule. With that being said, Sikeston historically doesn't play the schedule like a team such as c'town or mrh and I personally feel this strategy will take a team further in the long run. I think that Sikeston is moving in this direction but it takes time and until recent years what was the point. Looking forward to jan 31 in cape. C'town played at a whole different level thurs night against dc, tn and I'd expect them to bring that game to smc. Good luck to all and some of u guys need to get some sleep.... Lol

-- Posted by gerardo on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:19 AM

stlfan...your true ignorance was shown in your last response. If you can discuss what was out out there, then start the personal attacks. I wouldn't have expected anything less...

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:51 AM

First, what an unbelievable game. Both teams played their hearts out. Atmosphere was awesome. Both teams made runs and Sikeston came up short. Both teams showed their "passion" on occasion. Was some of their actions or reactions uncalled for, yes, but these are high school kids and they were living in the moment and they let their emotions get out of check. I'm sure the coaches will address it. Referees let them play. Could they have blown the whistle every possession? Yes and the game would have lost its electricity and flow. Coach Frazier and coach Holifield did a great job of preparing their teams. All of the squabbling needs to tone it down when u attack players individually. So, to demean them is unacceptable. Represent your teams and do so with pride. That is your right, but dragging down players or coaches is not what this forum was meant for. Some use this forum to relive what they could or could not do as a player or a fan then. Good luck to Maplewood and to Sikeston. If they play with the passion they did last night, their respective playoff journeys will be nothing less than state titles.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:18 AM

BLUEJAYS JUST NEED TO TAKE RUFFIN OUT OF THE OFFENSE, THE SAME AND DO MEAN THE SAME WAY MRH DID.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:18 AM

Do some of you people ever sleep?....lol

-- Posted by birdfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:49 AM

I think sikeston has a good shot at Columbia but I always hear how they are so deep, I was told by a guy who works at a fish wrap down there that they play a lot of players, but that they really aren't very deep at all as far as talent.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:55 AM

pappy...I'm sure Coach Frazier just loves your "help". I'm sure it was a key to the victory. Smh...

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:00 AM

Ha!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:37 AM

Congrats again to Big Papi and Maplewood Charleston Heights for their win again last night. Lol.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 11:28 AM

Rocket689, u failed to inform me that u majored in English, because u most certainly don't know anything about highschool basketball. I started this post to point out the fact, that Sikeston's guards can't handle pressure. They have played 2 quality teams this year, and constant pressure on Sikeston's guards will lead to turnovers. Basic fundamentals teach u, that u break the full court press by passing the ball, and not over dribbling, or getting trapped in the corners. Get the ball to the middle of the floor and u can shoot lay ups all night. Sikeston's weakness has been exposed. Let's see if they can fixed this problem, and move on.

-- Posted by Highriser on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 11:56 AM

Congratulation to my fellow Charleston alum(Corey Frazier)..That was a well coached game despite what anyone thinks of Frazier's coaching style..He's one of the top coaches in the state..Lil Corey played some good ball, sporting his uncle Ricky's #44..Had a great time @ the game and i'm glad I could make it out to support MRH..

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:13 PM

Highriser.....I majored in English.

pappy....if...to quote you...."any fool" knows what JT does, then why did you have to tell Coach Frazier? You don't think he already knew that?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:19 PM

Nice win last night by MRH, Coach Frazier, and pappy! Good luck to MRH the rest of the way.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:48 PM

So you played asst. coach and reiterated what Coach Frazier already knew? Good call there Papi. Way to be a team player.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:07 PM

You already took credit. " I talk to him every other day! Hibbity hoo blah me and 'the Fraz' are tight homies. I told him what ya'll do." Silly Papi. You gave him a scouting report. As for your other team that played 10 minutes away, they played a usually strong SCC team who is down some this year. Now the team that beat Sikeston last night, is not your team. You ever been to a MRH home game? Of course you have. Because you can say whatever you want behind the phone or computer. It's your BFF's team. So, HE did a great job last night coaching. As for you, not so much.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:39 PM

Oh poor poor pitiful me!!! Everyone is so mean to me!! Homers. Bro, u rubbed it in and laughed. I got money since this game is now over and I bet you will not be on here Feb. 1st if SHS wins.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:42 PM

Man you all need to just let it go! The game is over!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 4:56 PM

Boy? Classy. I live by the FieldHouse and what 97 means is really none of your business. Big Papi, I've said all I needed to say. Congrats to Corey Frazier's team. Not yours. I tip my cap and move on. Now you ever wanna have a 3 point contest or play a game of PIG we'll talk. Lol. Cause the legs ain't the same as they used to be. But the release, rotation, splash is still firin' on all cylinders. Haha!

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 5:22 PM

At least Papi agreed with someone! But the comments about smack talking are really way off base. Go back and re read my posts. 95% of them are voice of reason, or debate. Rarely do I "talk smack". Occasionally it happens. I never have shown ignorance or arrogance by ridiculing or attacking players or coaches, teams, or schools. Especially calling individual "kids" out. If supporting the Bulldog players and coaches is "talking smack", well I suppose I'm guilty. Pride is obviously 100% prevalent on here, cockiness /arrogance is probably the same, and ignorance is made up of a small number.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 6:36 PM

Cocky, eh? Who said anything about $$$? I don't need nor do I want your money. Or is that just a waste of your precious time? I just would like you to be quiet. Acting all high and mighty. I was going to attempt to pipe u down. Yes I said attempt. I played quite the ball player from Charleston not long ago and blew him out. Not for money like he wanted, we played for sodas. I ended up not thirsty that day. So if you wanna play for fun, I'm game.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 6:42 PM

It was one of the Biles.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:19 PM

Maybe just maybe I wasn't talking about u Papi. But u do seem to interject at every post, whether its for u or just In general.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:43 PM

Can u say get all of your players from summer ball! Looks just like Soldan the last 3 years and, look at how bad they are this year!!!!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:04 PM

I'm pretty certain size/age had nothing to do with a game of pig or horse?

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:04 PM

Read the whole thing, Bro. I said PIG or 3 point contest. 12 years ago, I would have done 1 on 1. Hamstring injuries and knee issues keep me from competitive ball. I play softball, I am 5'9 but when I stand behind the arc, I have a lot of confidence. The Greewalt kid last night reminds me a lot of myself. No, it wasn't Marcus either.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:17 PM

"My dad can beat up your dad." Yeah yeah who cares.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:26 PM

No we aren't playing one on one. If you read that like Barkley did.....

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:26 PM

StlScott, alias, "ArnoldScott", alias, "Band Reject", only talks and roots for St. Louis teams because he's a City Want To Be.

He commented that Sikeston would only be a 500 team in Suburban North????

Do all Suburban North Teams win State???? I think Not.

Please, do us all a favor. Quit your Taco Bell job in Sikeston and move back to the big city of Arnold. You'll then only be 45 minutes away from your beloved Suburban North!

-- Posted by UFO on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:29 PM

Don't talk that trash UFO. I ate there for lunch!

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:32 PM

Will do. Let me find a venue. Yes, I told you from the beginning that my legs are not what they used to be. Doesn't matter which one I played. I can shoot now and that's it. Let me find a place and time. Now, you like Diet Pepsi. I like Dr. Pepper. Lol

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:49 PM

Bigpapi...maybe he's talking bout big Howard. Lol!!! The father of the biles. Cause he sure didn't beat any of the other 3... but I would like to see you 2 Guys play around the world, horse or something...do we have a match, or is this just all talk...looks like big Papi is up for the challenge ...don't back out now..lol. its all fun

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:57 PM

I'm game. I beat them at shooting. What time?

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:11 PM

Okay, I see. 1. Okay.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:13 PM

So its official.. 1:00 @ the YMCA ..this will be fun 2 watch. I might just buy both u guys Gatorade instead..

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:24 PM

Can you two guys be trusted to play a clean game of HORSE after all this trash-talking or do I need to show up and ref this thing? Lol.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:25 PM

They will need a ref

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:30 PM

Hey, let's set it up at the SMC on Jan. 31 since your making this so hype! You know with all the pull u got. David vs. Goliath!! I don't talk trash. I just love basketball. I plan on having a good time. Hopefully I'm out of church in time. If by chance I'm not. We will do this!! I promise. I don't back down. We don't need a ref. if you like being cocky, that's cool. Now IF you do beat me, I shake your hand, smile, and go on. I'm a good sport. Sikeston taught me that. Haha!

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:41 PM

I'm sure these Guys will be friendly, once they get 2 know each other...plus I don't think anybody would like to go to jail..these are 2 grownups ..its all fun & games..who knows they may know each other once they meet, cause im for sure gonna be there.. I got Downs..lol

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:46 PM

Beating a has been or possibly a bench warmer in a shooting contest isn't worth coming out of retirement. Beating u would only call for a rematch, and another, and....u get it. See Papi, that is a response u would do. I wasn't part of u and bjkl's argument, but u again try to drag stuff on to appease yourself. I appreciate your wish to try and relive your past, but I have nothing to prove on a court anymore. U see, Papi, I have played against some of the best Charleston has had: Ricky Jamison and his awesome crew, LaMont and company and so on and so forth. One thing separates u from them....they didnt run their mouth. They just played and played hard, Instilled by Mac. You sir are not at the same level. Possibly why u act like u do on here. I saw Ricky last night, he wasn't pumping his chest and calling people out, and we all know he was one, if not the best to ever play around here. So why are u calling everyone out, proclaiming your dominance, Charleston prophet..blah blah. All I ask,is that u chill on the overbearing posting. Just cheer and support your team without making it a personal vendetta against any criticism. If u haven't fig out, they are just ruffling your feathers to watch u go...lol. and u have fed their fire. This is the last I will post on this matter. Good luck to the Bluejays(except for the rematch) for the remainder of the season..as most Sikeston fans do. We cheer for them unless its head to head. Papi I may not agree with your views and reactions all the time, but I do respect them as a fellow fan.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:47 PM

I do jail ministry, so nope, I ain't going. I am having fun watching Big Papi get his bluejay feathers all ruffled. I could care less if I win or lose. It's a soda. Heck it's not even bragging rights. You beat me, yay for u. If I win, I'll wait till later to drink the Dr. Pepper. Haha! Looking forward to this.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:00 PM

My Bad,

Taco Tuesday Rocks!

-- Posted by UFO on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:01 PM

Ricky Jamison is my uncle, and does talk trash all the time..he just doesn't blog, he's a more in ur face kinda person..Terry Jamison my dad has 1 ring, Uncle Ricky Jamison has 2 rings, cousin Victor Jamison has 1 ring, little brother Lil Terry Jamison has 1 ring, Lil brother Krushon Scott has 1 ring...I on the other hand didn't receive one, BC of the talent s of NMCC in the 2000's , but all is well, I'm still one heck of a ball player..will shoot ur eyes out...

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:22 PM

irrelevant post obviously.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:27 PM

U used my uncle name, so that's irrelevant also..so I just gave u a fact about my uncle...along with others facts, just for future references...just some bck ground information if I'm ever questioned about my tradition of basketball , BC I see that comes into question quite a bit on here..that's all..

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:53 PM

"Beat yourself all u want." I did not and will not ever say anything negative like that. So your fight is not with me. Yes u apparently walk alone. Reasons are apparent. Whoever Bjkl97 is, I dont know and dont really care. I have not attacked u or Charleston. Have I criticized the way u have handled yourself, yes. But I have not attacked players or Ctown. Look back, u will never see it. So the Ctown against the world, in my perspective , is non- existent. Goodnite. I have a meeting with God tomorrow and u are gettin in the way....for the moment.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 11:57 PM

And for the record, who said I lost to Charleston???? They haven't been undefeated all those years. There is a variety of teams that have beat them.....and I am one of them.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:01 AM

Big Papi,

You said your 39?

Living everyday off your wins from 20 years ago and playing at the Y. Sad!

BTW, Sikeston still easily the #1 team in SEMO.

-- Posted by dadscatfood on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:22 AM

Make sure you guys stretch before shooting jump shots. lol. Don't want to end up on crutches like me.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 8:45 AM

You probably would have been fine shooting jumpers, chs2mrh. Trying to dunk was the problem. I gotta know how the squad reacted? I'm betting you could still school most of your boys when healthy, though. Corey, Jr. ever challenge ya in 1 on 1?

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 8:58 AM

We played once in Charleston last year around Easter and I beat him 15-2.lol. No more dunking. lol. Yeah my staff is young so we get out there and mix it up with them from time to time. The team thought I was joking when I got hurt. Call me jump shot from here on in, because that's all I will be doing.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 9:12 AM

Dang, Corey....when I was your age, my jump shot had already turned into a set shot; not saying I didn't try to jump, it's just that my feet never left the ground!

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 10:15 AM

Lol. Funny bird fan.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 10:31 AM

Big P seriously ? You talk tough but sometimes your not a bad person in real life so why do u act this way on here ? Trying to intimidate people? I've kept quiet when your saying all this stuff but your just making yourself sound crazy. You know I don't care what you say to me now that I know for sure who u are. Act like the nice person you can be again sometimes.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:04 PM

Be there a few minutes before one. With a Cards jacket on. You gonna sign me in?

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:18 PM

Can someone video this matchup please and post it?

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:24 PM

Seriously, Scott? It's just a washed up 34 year old vs. a 39 y/o CHAMPION!!! I have nothing to lose. But he does....haha!

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:31 PM

I can't believe I have to miss this. Will you guys please push this back an hour?

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:37 PM

Yea i dont care how old yall are, Id like to see it.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:39 PM

Bjkl if he's there u can't miss him he's built like a fball player. Good luck hope u win!

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:41 PM

Where is this Ymca at? and where is bjkl from?

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 12:48 PM

It's 1:00. I'm here. Where's this Papi at?

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:02 PM

Born and raised in Sikeston.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:03 PM

Maybe he is runnin late?

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:05 PM

I'm sure he will say its the weather it's getting slippery out there. Like I said he's a big guy built like a football player and bald. Not putting name out there

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:10 PM

1:11. No Papi. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!!!

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:12 PM

Ahhh shoes yep u have to have shoes especially good shoes. Lol

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:12 PM

Now if bjkl was late lord what we'd be hearing! Have a good game fellas

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:15 PM

Good luck gentlemen let us know the outcome.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:18 PM

save it for the show me center guys ;)

-- Posted by RedShirt on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 1:23 PM

3 games played. Horse went to bjkl. Pig went to Papi. Around the world by a slight margin went to.......Papi. I had a blast. Theotherside23 witnessed it. Anyone ever plays Papi in horse. Go oppo on him. Can't shoot with his left. Haha! Good game Papi!!

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 2:09 PM

I hate I had to miss it.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 2:11 PM

I can say both guys can shoot the ball..see everyone had respect for one another in person, the crazy thing is that I start my new job with bjkl tomorrow ...this is a small world!!!true enough we all trash talk, but people calling others dumb, stupid and any other harsh word needs to stop, BC u may never know if u know the blogger, or working right next to him.. not saying bjkl or bigpapi said those statement, but others have.

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 4:15 PM

Pretty sure I'm not trying to get my rocks off as u state. The football body was a compliment. I could care less if I disrespect you just like you could care less. Just trying to let people know that your not always acting so tough and that you can be decent. My bad guess you can't.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 4:31 PM

Yeah I'm not left handed either, that makes two of us. Don't let Big Papi fool you all. He's a nice guy and when I handed him the soda money, he kind of said, "Nah, man." I said, "Nope, here's your soda money. Enjoy it." He's a nice guy in person. It changes behind the keyboard. But if you beat me so bad like you said u would, why did I even win that one game of horse and lost PIG when u had PI also. Around the world I had two more shots and it would have been game. Congrats Papi. You defeated a washed up, short, fat, bald 34 year old. Like I said, I had a blast. I tip my cap to you. The otherside, see ya tomorrow.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 4:50 PM

That backboard shot was killing me Bigpapi..lol..I guess u studied Duncan & Pippen quite well..bjkl can stroke that the 3 ball..better not leave these guys open in a pickup game..But the Soda Award goes to BigPapi.. both of u showed u can bck up what u preach

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 4:53 PM

Rematch?!? Lol. You game.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 5:20 PM

Now, Big Papi....Howard's not pushing 60, yet. He's a couple of years behind me so he's around 55....well, I guess that's pushing 60, isn't it? lol

-- Posted by birdfan on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 5:31 PM

Bjkl...I know I look like 18 or 22, but I'm 30..31 in a couple of months ...

-- Posted by theotherside23 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 5:58 PM

Bjkl, did you play for Sikeston?

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 7:21 PM

No, you know me. Ask rocket689 who I am.

-- Posted by bjkl_97 on Sun, Jan 13, 2013, at 7:51 PM

Aha! I do know you!

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Jan 14, 2013, at 8:20 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.