[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (16) More threads Create thread

Charleston Bluejays
Posted by BLUEjayMANdude on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 2:22 PM:

What are you guys thoughts about the bluejay Players and about the way there playing?

Replies

Charleston has a team this year?

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 2:47 PM

Well theyve only lost 1 game and outclassed the christmas tourney field. I think sikeston was hungrier in round 1 due to gettn beat twice last year. The jays sometimes cruise but not often. I still think theyre the team to beat in class 3. If they decide to play 2 halves instead of 1 on jan 31 sikeston will hafta bring it all nite to win. Lotsa respect for farmer and jays!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 2:52 PM

Go Jays! Teamball! Teamball!!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 7:33 PM

Charleston is a top notch team in class 3 for sure, but they are in a very tough class for sure. And to state the obvious charleston is always good.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 7:38 PM

Truth moment! I enjoy watching my favorite team play but I must say unless Charleston start playing teamball and every player stop wanting to be the star by outscoring one another or by shutting another player down once he start scoring, we are not going to beat Sikeston and may not make it to State. Ever since the players has been compared, their game play has not been the same. If there's a player on the team who has the potential to help the team win, you do not overlook him on the floor. Stop shutting your teammate down because a win is a win regardless who scores the most points. Point is, ifyou're not scoring then play good defense because everyone on the floor counts. Centers need to stop taking 3pt shots and leaving the shortest men to get the rebounds against 6' 5 players. That is your job on the floor.

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:46 AM

Blue Jays you have to pull together as a team! As a team you all look good!!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:48 AM

I've seen the Bluejays play multiple times this year and think they are a definite Class 3 contender.

They're 12-2 losing to a very tough Sikeston team and Dyer County, who features a D-I stud. I'm not sure there should be cause for concern, even it is just a little, about how they're playing.

They have one of the best point guards in the state in Ryan Parham, who to me, has been hampered by a nagging injury for quite some time and possibly has too much expected of him, scoring-wise.

Greg Tucker took a lot of the pressure off of him last season (even though I really don't consider Parham a scorer) and Charleston just doesn't have that scorer anymore, although they do have others very capable each given night.

I think they could get more out of their bigs, but other than that, they're a favorite to repeat this year. IMHO.

-- Posted by StatChecker00 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 1:17 AM

Well the Blue Jays will just have to prove me wrong and I am going to be very happy if they do. I would love to see a repeat in the State championship game because I will be there. But in watching their game play, I can tell the difference from the first game to the last one played and I believe they can tell the difference as well. They play well against less competition but when it comes to a more competitive game some players tend to shut down. Charleston has a lot of talent but the chemistry is falling away and only they can pull this team back together. All I am saying, play as a team!!!!! Because honestly, I dont BELIEVE! I KNOW WE CAN!!!!! But it is up to them and not their fans and I am only a fan. Go Jays!!!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:14 AM

I am interested in seeing Madison Prep and Maplewood-Richmond Heights. Also, how is Bishop Hogan doing this year? How about Mount Vernon? This is going to be a tough year to win a championship from what I am reading online.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:04 PM

Do we still have that game verses SCC tonight?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:08 PM

I agree Big Papi they need to go to the hole more and draw the fouls. They need to come together as ONE working to accomplish the common goal which is to win games and be State contenders bringing home the rings and the trophy!!!!! As a team We Can Do It! I KNOW WE CAN!!!!!

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:25 PM

As far as I know we will play SCC.

-- Posted by silentplayer on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:30 PM

I just read that Hubbs guy has, like, 13 D1 offers?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:33 PM

He is committed to University of Tenn and Memphis was hugely recruiting him along with about 10 other D1 schools, so that's probably about right.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:34 PM

Wow! We are not playing a cupcake schedule, I see. Coach Farmer is executing a plan...hopefully a state championship one.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:36 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.