[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (257) More threads Create thread

Key Games (Jan. 7-12)
Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Jan 6, 2013, at 11:41 PM:

Well, we are back to a full line-up of exciting games this week in SEMO after a light schecule last week due to the holidays. Plenty of marquee match-ups, big rivalry games, and conference/district games. In addition, three area teams compete in tournaments. Charleston plays in the 2nd Annual Penny Hardaway Hoopfest in Memphis; Jackson plays in the Lindbergh Invitational in St. Louis where they are the #5 seed in an 8-team field; and Risco travels to Meridian, IL to compete in the Martin Luther King, Jr., Shoot-Out.

As always, unless otherwise noted, all games begin at 6 p.m. Feel free to make predictions, give analysis, post scores, or add key games you feel I've overlooked. But be sure and get out to see some of these key games!

Monday, Jan. 7:

1. Scott City at Portageville.

2. Earle, AR at Caruthersville.

3. Delta C-7 at Holcomb.

Tuesday, Jan. 8:

1. Bernie at Caruthersville.

2. Sikeston at Fredericktown.

3. NMCC at Charleston.

4. Clarkton at Risco.

5. Clearwater at Neelyville.

6. Kennett at Hayti.

7. Bloomfield at Dexter.

8. Leopold at Oak Ridge.

9. Doniphan at Poplar Bluff.

10.St. Vincent at Notre Dame.

Thursday, Jan. 10:

1. Charleston vs. Dyer County, TN at 2nd Annual Penny Hardaway Hoopfest, Memphis, TN, 8:30 p.m.

2. Jackson vs. Miller Career Academy at Lindbergh Invitational Tournament, St. Louis, MO, 4 p.m. (LIT is Jan. 10-12).

3. Leopold at Advance.

Friday, Jan. 11:

1. Maplewood-Richmond Heights at Sikeston.

2. Dexter at Bernie.

3. Charleston at Scott County Central.

4. Malden at Bloomfield.

5. NMCC at Cape Central.

6. Poplar Bluff at Twin Rivers.

7. Caruthersville at Hayti.

8. South Pemiscot at Portageville.

9. Oran at St. Vincent.

10.Holcomb at Neelyville.

Saturday, Jan. 12:

1. Risco plays in the Martin Luther King, Jr., Shoot-Out in Meridian, IL. I was unable to find out who they play, but the other five teams are Meridian, Egyptian, Agape Christian, ESL Lovejoy, and Century. Can someone from Risco tell us who the Tigers will be playing?

Replies

Anyone have a scouting report on ESL Lovejoy?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Jan 6, 2013, at 11:51 PM

Never heard of them before Dustin. Do you know who Risco is playing and what time the game is?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Jan 6, 2013, at 11:55 PM

Couple of tough road challenges for Leopold this week could really define their season after hitting a rough patch at the Xmas tournament

-- Posted by semo501 on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 12:49 AM

Also, is there any other notable matchups in the Hardaway Hoopfest?

-- Posted by semo501 on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 12:51 AM

Earle had to postpone their game with Cville tonight!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:30 AM

Any idea why Cheesehead? Or when it will be re-scheduled?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:34 AM

Last I heard it will be re-scheduled. Not sure on why though.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:37 AM

Also, does anyone know when the Kennett-Poplar Bluff game has been re-scheduled for?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:38 AM

Dons and PB should be a good game .Dons have to be on there A game to win. PB is the favorite to win .

-- Posted by exoball on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 9:41 AM

Article on the Penny Hardaway Hoopfest featuring the No.1-ranked team in the entire nation, Findlay Prep from Henderson, Nev.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/192864...

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:45 AM

Chaffee hosts Advance Tuesday night. We gave them a great game until mid 3rd when our kids got gassed.. hopefully we're in a little better shape.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:49 AM

I wish the Risco vs Clarkton game (aka The Hatfield's and McCoy's)was tonight. I can't go tomorrow. The battle of the worst fans in Southeast Missouri is always exciting. You never know what crazy thing will happen. Bring a video recorder if you go and have it ready.

-- Posted by paulm on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 11:13 AM

Who ever wrote that article regarding the Penny Hardaway Hoop Fest is lazy. Charleston is not the number one team in Missouri, they aren't even the number one team in Class 3.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 11:55 AM

SC won't have Sanders tonite vs Portageville. He suffered a broken nose/concussion Friday night in the Chaffee game.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 1:34 PM

First of all paulm, you do not know what you are talking about when you say clkarkton has the worst fans. Not one clarkton fan has been thrown out or even warned by a referee this season, so when you dont know what you are talking about, cease to comment. There is a difference between bad fans and passionate fans. Clarkton and risco both have passionate fans, do they go overboard sometimes? Yes, but that is wher the passion comes in play. At least they do show up for the games, home and away. I have seen a lot of schools in this area play in front of empty seats, so save your negative comment and thank you to all of the clarkton and risco faithful for supporting your school atheletic programs, huaaaah!!!!!!

-- Posted by kdjones on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 1:55 PM

Findley prep isn't #1 in nation either it's montverde academy they were on espn Saturday night playing against Simeon

-- Posted by yaeger on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 1:56 PM

Yaeger, just to give you a little insight on National Rankings. It depends on the list you look at because according to this link, Findlay Prep is Number 1 as of this morning. I will agree with you that Montverde Academy had #1 next to their name against Simeon.

http://www.usatodayhss.com/rankings/supe...

-- Posted by sm0723 on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 2:03 PM

Hey Sikeston got a best of the rest shout out in that USA Today Top 25 poll. I got to admit that makes me smile.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 2:22 PM

I don't see any other Missouri team on the list so maybe USA Today thinks Sikeston is the best team in the state? I'm not saying I agree but that is always a good honor to get a little national publicity. Doesn't change the fact that overcoming Maplewood this Friday is going to be a monumental task.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 2:29 PM

Most definitely Maplewood is a tough team. I can't wait for the game actually.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 2:42 PM

It'll be a fun game to go to Bunk.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 2:46 PM

Question is will you be there Sideline?

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 2:53 PM

Bunk, I will be there Friday night. Then I'm going to drive down south the next day and watch MIZZOU shred Ole Miss.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 2:59 PM

Oh I wish I could go down to the Ole Miss/ Mizzou game but I don't think I will have time.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 3:06 PM

I'll be there. I'm skipping the Ole Miss/Mizzou game to be there. Rocketsblo is still upset that I am better at trash talking than he is.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 5:15 PM

You hurt my feelings with your rant kdjones. Most of your fans are passionate, but also just out and out goofy. It's comical to see some the things they do and the crazy things they get upset about. Not good fans at all. Sorry.

-- Posted by paulm on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 6:22 PM

Bama-24 ND 10

Who ya got?

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 6:33 PM

Not only did Clarkton have the best player in the Tri-County last year, now they have a "passionate" fan base. (Clarkton fans can defend or debate their reputation all they want, but it will take years of exemplary behavior to shed their deserved reputation.)

-- Posted by double43 on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 6:51 PM

No sideline sharter, I never said you were better; I just said that your comment hurt. From my pain shall rise the greatest trash talking ever.

For reals.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 7:02 PM

My, my, so quick to call people names. There are lots of polls.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/cha...

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 7:10 PM

It is what it is, but Charleston is nowhere near the fourth overall team in state, these websites have become a joke. Good ballclub, but i can name ten teams of top of my head that would easily beat them.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 7:51 PM

Scott, tell me about Madison IL

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 7:57 PM

Who are the top 4 teams in the state. I guess you agree with the other 3? Only wrong on ctown?

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:00 PM

Madison ILL?

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:05 PM

Top four

Nixa Sikeston Hazelwood Central Madison prep

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:06 PM

Yes. I was using the official postal abbreviations.

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:08 PM

So you are saying Charleston is nowhere near as good as Sikeston or Madison Prep? So Sikeston wins the Rivary game by 20/30 pts.

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:31 PM

all of you on here talking about clarkton fans must love clarkton fans, because if you are talking about them, you are thinking about them, so there is something about clarkton that keeps you wannabees amazed.

-- Posted by kdjones on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:33 PM

Richland defeats Woodland 74-49.

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:36 PM

I do not think Charleston is as good as Sikeston, I mean they have played and IMO Sikeston pretty much was the better team clearly.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:43 PM

Also Madison Prep would handle Charleston quite easily from what I have seen.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:44 PM

You said " Charleston is nowhere near the fourth overall team in state, these websites have become a joke". Then you say Sikeston is a top 4 team. You may be right, we will soon see.

In fairness, maxpreps uses an algorithm and the win for charleston over Little Rock boosts their ranking.

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:57 PM

Stlscott is there any new contributors to Madison Prep that weren't on Imagine last year? I know Payne and Baker are still there and major keys.

-- Posted by semo501 on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 8:59 PM

They have another really good ballplayer semo501 i am on road and I cannot remember his name, their guard play is very good, and Swish the N little rock team wasnt at full strength when Charleston beat them.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 9:34 PM

The box score from Charleston/Sikeston :

School Name Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final

Sikeston 16 20 10 25 71

Charleston 15 8 12 26 61

This is not IMO. But facts and on Sikeston's home floor. Maybe Sikeston just had a bad night and Charleston overachieved.

Sikeston is an extremely athletic team and they are deeper than Charleston. JT presents the biggest problem for the Jays and they must put more pressure on the ball to make entry passes tougher. Parham is capable of shutting Ruffin down. Then it comes down to other kids making plays. Both teams have players that can "show up" and I think that is what it comes down to. The next game could go either way and I am not putting my house on either team. Others seem quite a bit more confident.

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 9:49 PM

The Sikeston faithful are not the ones feeling overconfident towards our team. We more than recognize the threat Charleston is. However, it is down the road as we have our hands full this week with Fredericktown on Tuesday and Maplewood on Friday.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:00 PM

That was not my point. I was simply explaining maxpreps system. But since you brought it up I will do some research. Maybe they have more than the 2 all-staters that were at New Madrid.

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:00 PM

Good point sideline. This all started with my post about the Penny Hoopfest. My responses were towards Scott's comments. I can not resist an engaging exchange. : ) Believe me - Charleston has their hands FULL in the mean time. Both teams will be better at the next meeting.

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:09 PM

Scott, who were the players from NLR that where not there?

-- Posted by Swish on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:15 PM

kdjones....I do love Clarkton fans! They are very entertaining. It's the Jerry Springer show in real life.

-- Posted by paulm on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:39 PM

Swish I believe they were without Gary Vines, Cameron Williams, Terrance Francis, and Juan Day. 3 seniors and 1 junior.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:45 PM

Juan Day just signed to play football at the University of Arkansas. That's really all I know about those young men

-- Posted by semo501 on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:48 PM

And he is only a junior right!? That's pretty impressive!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 10:52 PM

That's correct Buck, must be a heck of an athlete to play running back in the SEC. But getting back on topic, I've never seen MRH play. What kind of style do they play? Notable personnel?

-- Posted by semo501 on Mon, Jan 7, 2013, at 11:01 PM

Thoughts on tonight's key games? In other words, "bump"!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 3:01 PM

I think Bernie and Caruthersville will have a very good game tonight! I think Caruthersville will edge them out in the end though. They are really playing better now. Defense has improved since the beginning of the season. Everyone pretty much know their roles and it's starting to show in game play. I still like to see us shoot better and our rebounding has to improve but overall, this team is really playing much better.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 3:10 PM

It will definitely be a big test for Bernie Cheesehead.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 3:12 PM

I agree but also a very big test for Caruthersville as well. Bernie is a top notch program with great coaching and good kids. Should be a great game.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 3:14 PM

Caruthersville has the edge in athlesticism and speed. They also have home court advantage. Bernie has better shooters, depth, and discipline. I also have to give them the edge in coaching. Defense will really be key here I think. Also, if Bernie has a lead late in the game, I think they're better FT shooters, so if the Tigers are forced to foul, that could play into Bernie's hands. I agree it should be a great game!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 3:29 PM

Caruthersville has home court as far as playing in their gym. Fan base, not so much. The majority of the fans that show up are the students. The basketball team really doesn't get supported like our football team does. Most of the fans that go are either parents, boosters, or a very few true fans of Caruthersville sports. It's just the way it is at Caruthersville.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 3:46 PM

Unfortunately, Bernie doesn't have a lot of students that attend the games. However, the adults usually show up and usually travel with the team. Looking forward to the game tonight.

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 3:54 PM

I get the feeling that C'ville will win this one tonight. Monroe might get 25 rebounds as well. It can go either way, but if Caruthersville can stay down and defend the multitude of set plays from Bernie, they can take advantage with their athletic ability. I haven't seen C'ville in awhile, they playing mostly zone defense? Have to get to those Bernie shooters!

-- Posted by bball79 on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 4:05 PM

Hope Monroe gets in foul trouble early. I am a bernie fan but they cannot shoot free throws from what i've seen. They have played some close games that they should have easily won by 8-10 but they cannot convert the 1 and 1.

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 6:11 PM

Cville's jv leads at half 26-24

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 6:27 PM

any updates on bernie/cville

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:02 PM

any updates on bernie/cville

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:02 PM

Cville jv won 49-46

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:05 PM

Here at the ND-SV game about to tip off, hoping for a tad bit closer than the jv game!!

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:17 PM

NMCC JV defeats charleston JV 68-61.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:25 PM

After 1st cville up on Bernie 18-10

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:33 PM

Not off to a good start, nothing overly impressive defensively by ND, just lazy passing

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:34 PM

Cville up at half 36-27

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:49 PM

22-4 after the 1st, came out and closed it down to 22-10. Then let it get away again before putting in a couple buckets to make it 31-14. Once we settled down and realized its just another game we've been fine. Doesn't hurt that ND is struggling from 3 though

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 7:53 PM

NMCC down 18-14 after the 1st.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:02 PM

35-22 ND refs are horrid though. I'm usually impartial. But this is home cooking to a new level

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:06 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity boys lead Hayti 34-33 at halftime.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:07 PM

Mishow at this game ill be very interested to see how this will be written

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:11 PM

Cville after 3rd. 55-42

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:13 PM

Risco 90 clarkton 67

-- Posted by proud pa pa on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:13 PM

Charleston up 31-22 at half.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:14 PM

This game will not get within 10 because the boys in Black and white refuse to. And it very well should be within 10. 44-27 ND end of 3

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:17 PM

Any Sikeston updates?

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:17 PM

Chaminade beats Desmet on Buzzer beating 3 by Jayson Tatum, big upset, and this Tatum could is gonna be on the Hughes, Beal Level, wow.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:18 PM

Sikeston wins 74-42. Didn't listen but for the end. Kelly Campbell said the Bulldogs were a little sloppy.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:20 PM

Cville over Bernie 76-54

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:26 PM

Did Bernie had a bad game? Or Cville just better?

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:30 PM

have a bad game*

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:30 PM

Bernie had a terrible game and caruthersville betr than people are giving them credit for.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:32 PM

This game got ugly final score not indicative, neutral(refs) court this is a 8-15 point loss which I'm fine with. Problem is it wasn't and ya gotta play through it. We'll be fine

-- Posted by BillShakespeare on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:33 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Hayti varsity boys lead Kennett 53-49 at the end of the third quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:34 PM

Caruthersville's defense caused trouble for Bernie all night. Caruthersville is really starting to play better at this point in the season. If they keep this up, they could contend for District this year.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:38 PM

The only problem I seen from Caruthersville tonight is a lot of under the basket shots missed that Gooden usually makes and getting lazy on the transition end of defense after they score. Jamal and Steve have definitely entered their names into the mix on the best duo guards in SEMO. They hardly get any rest less than a min per quarter and can handle the rock and penetrate and score, their defense is not to shabby either. This team lacks depth and that will hurt them against really deep teams. We have finally found the right combo on defense to get up early and fend off comebacks which hurt us earlier in the season.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:46 PM

Kennett wins 76-67

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:50 PM

I can't wait for Charleston/Dyer County Thursday night. Will be there for that one.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:52 PM

Dexter over Bloomfield 52-48. Another really good defensive effort from the Bearcats. And Potts is coming along as a post player.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:54 PM

Mitchell had 28, primer had 17 not sure about the rest of team

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:54 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity boys defeated Hayti 76-67.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:56 PM

Kinda late Dustin lol.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:56 PM

Off subject but watching the Gtown game and somebody posted a few weeks back that if Porter got selected in top ten that it was crazy, I am really starting to agree, he isnt really anywhere near that level IMO.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 8:59 PM

Hi-jack Alert! Hi-jack Alert!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:02 PM

Don't act surprised Preach lol. You know how it is on Semoball lol.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:04 PM

Just having a little fun Cheese. Lol.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:11 PM

Im sorry I wasnt really interested in who won the caruthersville bernie game or the dexter game.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:12 PM

Well some of us are stlscott.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:14 PM

Charleston over NMCC 72-57. Willie Jimerson fouled out with 11 points. Sounds like another stellar defensive performance from the Jays.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:16 PM

Big win for cville, cheese sounds like you are right that they are putting things together at the right time. Caruthers a freshman for kennett finally got his first game under his belt after rehabing a football hip injury scored 7 points and played well in varsity game , he will help alot for coach vaughan. Good games tonight!

-- Posted by squawdad on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:23 PM

Squawdad, was Taylor able to play for Kennett tonight?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:28 PM

I dont believe so

-- Posted by squawdad on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:39 PM

Twin rivers beat Greenville 86-26.

-- Posted by Lloydchristmas on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:39 PM

Larry, do you have a final from Zalma?

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:51 PM

Bernie played without Sam Turner tonight which hurt us rebounding. Caruthersville played really well. Hats off to them.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:56 PM

who cares about zalma i'm just guessing they lost delta beat them, that's all I need to know

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:57 PM

Oran 78 Zalma 44

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 9:59 PM

cheesehead:

I'm not sure what was going on earlier in the year with cville but it sure wasn't tonight. they played great.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:06 PM

Cape Central with a nice win tonight on the road at Pacific 48-39.

-- Posted by Showstopper on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:08 PM

Holcomb defeats Southland boys 85-20.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:09 PM

Clearwater beats neelyville 82-64 wasn't really that close running clock to start the 4th before subs!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:14 PM

Poplar bluff wins 72-60 over doniphan patterson had 21!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:21 PM

Does anyone have a final on the Leopold-Oak Ridge game?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:25 PM

How about thayer and Eminence?

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:35 PM

I have my answer. Leopold dominated Oak Ridge once again 69-42. That definitely makes them the team to beat in Class 1, District 2.

Other scores from Tuesday night:

1. Notre Dame 67, St. Vincent 32.

2. Advance 75, Chaffee 62.

3. Scott City 66, Delta 49.

4. Valle Catholic 62, Saxony Lutheran 53.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:36 PM

Anyone have Senath-Hornersville / Malden score?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:48 PM

I agree preach they really have oak ridge's number!And if scc doesn't get it together looks like they will roll into a game against Eminence or South Iron for a trip to columbia.Since they dominated Risco the way they did!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:49 PM

I totally agree porchswing. Right now Leopold looks like a lock to get to the quarterfinals.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:52 PM

Speaking of SCC, anybody have a final on their game with East Prairie? I'm sure they won, just don't know by how much.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 8, 2013, at 10:55 PM

SCC won 98-61

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 12:14 AM

Leopold won over Oak Ridge 69-42.

-- Posted by goBIGblue on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 7:16 AM

BBfanatic-I think most of it was they were adjusting to a new coach. I think they found the right combination on the floor and it's starting to work. They are still not where they should be but they definitely are improving every game. Hayti will be a good test for them Friday night. That's a huge rivalry and anyone that knows this rivalry knows, anyone can win, regardless of who the favorite is.

Bernie's JV is VERY good. Probably the best one I've seen this year. Bernie jumped out to a 19-8 lead on us early. I think it was #12 for your JV that went out with a concussion? I think it could have been a different game had he stayed in for the whole game. Him and the other guard were very good. #11 on JV was impressive as well. Bernie's future is bright that's for sure. By the way, how is that kid doing that got hurt?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 8:54 AM

Cheesehead:

I have always said that I really believe next year will be a great year for Bernie but I do believe they can win this year too now that I have seen all the class 2 teams play. The Kid on Jv is Brandon and I believe he is fine. He is a very good player that shoots the ball well. I have not seen Bernie varsity play like they did last night in along time but that happens and Caruthersville played really good to cause alot of it. I agree with you that they will be hard to deal with and may win District if they keep that kind of play up.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 10:44 AM

Hey Preacherman,

C'water plays Van Buren Friday, do you know if they are any good? C'water beat Neelyville pretty easily last night.

-- Posted by tooldogging on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 10:50 AM

Caruthersville played a heck of a game last night. They forced way too many turnovers by the Mules. Congrats on the win.

I thought the bright spot for the Bernie Varsity last night was the play of Joey Walker (#40). He also had a good game against Advance last week. For a kid that doesn't usually start and doesn't always get a lot of playing time, he has been pretty solid when the coaches call upon him this year.

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 12:08 PM

Tooldogging, I don't think Clearwater will have any more problem with Van Buren than they had with Neelyville. BTW, what was the final of that game?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 12:11 PM

Smith has went head to head against Bernie like 7 times in the past two years at Puxico. They were in three tournaments together and in the same conference. Did you notice that Smith had his team play man to man the entire game? He is a 2-2-1 back to 23 coach 99% of the time. Just maybe, Smith had a good game plan against Bernie. They did not allow Bernie to play to their strenghts, which is running an offense and being very smart at decision making. Caruthersville forced Bernie to dribble like mad man. Just a thought.

Bernie is a very good team. My opinion, it wasn't that they played bad, it's that Caruthersville played very well and had a good game plan. Caruthersville JV beat a very good Bernie JV team.

Buy a ticket and have your cell phone in the stands to give updates don't make you an expert.

Don't underestimate that Tiger Pride, especially when your not from Caruthersville. You wouldn't know anything about it. It can be a force.

Hats off to Bernie. They are a very good team and very well coached.

-- Posted by BasketballRim on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 12:29 PM

Just learned that Risco will play Egyptian in the MLK, Jr. Shoot-Out. Tip-time is 6 p.m. at Meridian High School in Meridian, IL.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 12:40 PM

Preach,

I believe it was C'water 82 Neelyville 64

-- Posted by tooldogging on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 12:45 PM

I heard Caruthersville's game with Earle will be played Monday.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 12:56 PM

Also, Jackson defeated Woodland 68-23 last night. And thanks for the update on the Tigers' schedule Cheese.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Jan 9, 2013, at 12:59 PM

The Charleston-Dyer County game tonight is at Dyer County, not Memphis, as I earlier reported. Check the "Charleston vs. Dyer County" thread for info on the web-cast at 8:30 p.m.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 5:53 PM

Anyone know the final from the Jackson-Miller Career game from earlier today?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:44 PM

Leopold over advance 71-60

-- Posted by mm81 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 8:56 PM

To answer the question at the top of the thread Risco will be playing Egyptian Saturday.

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 9:49 PM

Jackson beat Miller Career Academy 56-59

-- Posted by semo501 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 9:52 PM

Cheesehead and BBfanatic....you guys were asking about the JV kid for Bernie. He has a concussion and will be out 1 to 2 weeks. Nothing serious though.

-- Posted by paulm on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:13 PM

Paulm, take my word for it, a concussion is always serious.

Also, Dyer County defeated Charleston 93-76. The game was tied at 61 going into the final quarter, but Hubbs really took over the game and DC pulled away for an impressive win over the Jays.

Finally, who does Jackson play tomorrow in the LIT?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 10:34 PM

Rockwood Summit

-- Posted by semo501 on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 11:39 PM

That's what I figured semo501, but didn't know for sure. Thoughts on Jackson being able to pull the upset? Get a little payback for football?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Jan 10, 2013, at 11:57 PM

@preacher man fan .AgapeChristain isnt in the MLK classic @ Meridian. Madison,IL.

-- Posted by bballfan71 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:28 AM

bballfan71, I got the list of teams from the Meridian high school web-site and they were listed. Did they pull out of the shoot-out?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 12:23 PM

Hey Travis, do you have an email I could reach you at?

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 2:51 PM

Beef, check the web-site of the Dexter Church of Christ.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 3:41 PM

I guess you are referring to the office address?

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 3:51 PM

Yes, that will reach me.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 3:55 PM

The Dexter vs. Bernie game will be broadcast live tonight on YHC-TV and www.semosportszone.com for those who are interested. Tip-time will be around 7:30 p.m.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 4:41 PM

NMCC wins the JV contest over Cape by 5. 49-45 I believe. Two good wins this week for them over Charlestin and Cape. Also with their two wins in the Malden JV tournament, which they will be playing in the championship of tomorrow. So real good week for NMCC JV team. I'm excited for when the sophomore class is all together again!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:23 PM

Dexter leading Bernie 16-12, end of 1st qtr.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:42 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity boys lead Senath-Hornersville 12-4 after the first quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:46 PM

Oran leads St. Vincent 29-17 at the half.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:56 PM

NMCC up 15-8 after the 1st.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:56 PM

Dexter leads Bernie 27-25 at halftime.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:59 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. At halftime the Kennett varsity boys lead Senath-Hornersville 32-8.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:07 PM

NMCC up 29-22 at half time.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:16 PM

Sounds like real good stoddard county battle!

-- Posted by hs-sports on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:16 PM

Risco 45 Campbell 15 at half

-- Posted by proud pa pa on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:19 PM

Dexter leading Bernie 40-36, end of the 3rd qtr.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:24 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity boys lead Senath-Hornersville 54-12 after the third quarter.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:31 PM

Risco 83 Campbell 41 final

-- Posted by proud pa pa on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:31 PM

Dustin, who's running the point for Kennett with Drake unavailable?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:36 PM

Tie game headed into the 4th

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:38 PM

Text sponsored by First National Bank. The Kennett varsity boys defeated Senath-Hornersville 60-19.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:39 PM

NMCC up by 5. Will they be able to put together a solid 4th quarter!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:49 PM

Dexter stuns Bernie 54-53! Big upset and a huge win for the Bearcats!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:50 PM

2min left, up by 7.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:52 PM

Great win preach! Dexter seems to be on an upswing lately.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:53 PM

Up 4, one min left

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:55 PM

does anyone have a score for the Portageville - South Pemiscot game and the Hayti- Caruthersville game?

-- Posted by hoopaholiczanon on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 8:58 PM

Up 4, 30 secs left

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:00 PM

WOW Dexter is the worst team in SEMO conference and they still beat Bernie but I guess they did compete!!!

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:02 PM

Maplewood-Richmond Heights hands Sikeston their first loss of the season 70-66.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:02 PM

Oran defeats St Vincent 64-46.

-- Posted by Larry Doby on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:03 PM

Dexter's best effort of the year that I've seen. Bernie seemed to miss a lot of free throws. Numbers may not bear that out b/c every miss in a close game seems big.

-- Posted by DexterResident1976 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:05 PM

Wow BIGELW thats the biggest back handed compliment...but a compliment noentheless...I wonder how the SCAA seedings will go now? Probably gives Advance 1st

-- Posted by semolian on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:07 PM

Malden over Bloomfield 64-60 to avenge their loss to the Wildcats in the X-mas Tourney.

Also, Buck and BIGLW, Dexter is playing much better lately, esp. on defense. Also Brad Potts is quite improved in the post and Ryan Joyner is getting better too. As for Bernie, they are missing a key starter in Sam Turner who has missed the last two games with some kind of injury. But someone is going to have to step up as a scorer and help Baker and Jennings.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:08 PM

Kelly score anyone???

-- Posted by Iliketoeat on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:10 PM

Lil Willie Jimerson hits buzzer beater 3 to win the game!!!!! Finally won a tough game in the fourth quarter. And avenged an earlier loss to a lead they let slip, and a a good cape team that got second in the Christmas tournament, and ranked ahead of them in the top 10. Good week for NMCC, played charleston well, and beat Cape.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:11 PM

Big win for the Eagles Buck! What was the final score?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:13 PM

This is why people make a big deal about school size. Dexter down and finds a way to beat Bernie!

-- Posted by hs-sports on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:13 PM

Hit the 3 as the jungle was chanting "over-rated". That's a big "in your face" if I ever saw one.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:13 PM

Seems like Bernie has been missing a lot of free throws and a lot of threes lately. Shooting has got to get better. It was a pretty physical game. Dexter and Bernie always seem to compete with each other if no one else.

-- Posted by bluemules89 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:13 PM

Final is 52-49 Preach. Yes a very good win for the Eagles.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:15 PM

hs-sports, as the old saying goes, with Dexter and Bernie, you can throw out the records. School size too. It's always going to be a close game between these two big rivals.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:15 PM

I'm a Bernie fan and am at a loss of words. Hats off to Dexter they took it right to Bernie. And yes Bernie is horrible at the free throw line, and tonight everywhere else.

-- Posted by yaeger on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:18 PM

Buck, any synopsis of the game?

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:21 PM

Yaeger, what's been wrong with Sam Turner?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:21 PM

Sounds like a great game to watch! Must have been fun!

-- Posted by hs-sports on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:25 PM

Sam Turner missed practices for FFA functions and they are not allowed to play sometimes in these instances.

-- Posted by BBfanatic on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:26 PM

Ok thanks for the update BBfanatic. I had heard he was injured. Coach Botsch runs a tight ship and you have to respect that.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:28 PM

Charleston-SCC score?

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:29 PM

Charleston 87 SCC 64

-- Posted by bluejay_fan_natic20 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:36 PM

Leopoldo over Marquand 121-41

-- Posted by mm81 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:42 PM

Advance squeaks by Richland at Advance 85-77. Richland had the lead in the 4th but Advance was able to regain the lead.

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:54 PM

Thanks bluejay!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 9:58 PM

Catfish, Richland seems to be really improving. I was impressed with the Grayson kid at the Bloomfield X-mas Tourney. He really gave Forshee some help scoring. Has he continued to play well for Richland?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:02 PM

Jackson with an impressive win today over #1 seed Rockwood Summit in the Lindbergh Invitational, 67-51. Also a little payback for football. The Indians will play for the championship tomorrow.

Also for the Kelly fan who asked earlier, they lost to Chaffee 76-45.

Finally, any updates on the Hayti-Caruthersville, South Pem-Portageville, Poplar Bluff-Twin Rivers, and Holcomb-Neelyville games?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:06 PM

Preacher, he has improved and Richland has played much better as a team. I thought there for a while that Richard Forshee would pull off a quad. double. It was a really good game.

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:10 PM

Thanks Preacher Man

-- Posted by Iliketoeat on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:15 PM

PB won by 24

-- Posted by Royal Flush on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:16 PM

He's not injured he is an ffa state officer and had to go somewhere tuesday and missed the game at c'ville and I'm assuming thats why he didn't play tonight. That's what I have been told by several people.

-- Posted by yaeger on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:21 PM

Poplar Bluff 71, Twin Rivers 47. The Mules keep rolling, demolishing a very good TR team.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:25 PM

I think you still have to give Bernie the #1 seed in the Stoddard County Tournament. They beat Advance head to head and have a better record. I'd be really surprised if they still don't get it.

-- Posted by paulm on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:36 PM

Poplar Bluff really looks like they are really learning the system!South Iron 83-44 over greenville.

-- Posted by porchswing on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:43 PM

Park Hills Central defeated their big rival Ste. Gen tonight 65-50. The Rebels are on quite a roll and definitely a team to keep your eye on.

Oak Ridge defeated Zalma 73-47.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:51 PM

Can PB beat Jackson?

-- Posted by RedShirt on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:52 PM

NMCC played real consistent. Not super awesome, but not bad either. Just real composed without many mistakes. One thing that was really impressive was the enery. They did not seem to get tired at all, and played hard all game. Cape also played very hard, and they never game up. You have to admire them and give them credit for battling the whole game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:54 PM

In my opinion, this is a Stoddard County Tournament. Bernie and Advance each have 1 loss and Dexter is 4-0 in the Stoddard County Conference. With that being said, Dexter should get the #1 seed.

-- Posted by CatDad on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:55 PM

Yes redshirt they can and have already!

-- Posted by porchswing on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:06 PM

Hayti over c-ville 72-65

-- Posted by porchswing on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:18 PM

Holcomb demolished Neelyville 63-41. Portageville got a huge win over South Pemiscot 65-49. Still waiting on a Hayti-Caruthersville score. Surprised we haven't heard from Beef or Cheese on this one yet.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:19 PM

Also, despite the coaching confusion at Doniphan, the Dons still knocked off Naylor 53-43. A nice win for a team in turmoil. Hats off to the assistant coaches at Doniphan.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:23 PM

Preach do you know what is going on over at doniphan?

-- Posted by porchswing on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:31 PM

Just what's been reported by KFVS porchswing. Their coach has been suspended pending an investigation into his conduct. That's all I know.

How did Clearwater fare against Van Buren tonight?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:38 PM

Hayti over Caruthersville 72-65 in the Tigers first game without Darrell Monroe. A huge rivalry game and a big win for the Indians. From the box score on Maxpreps, Hayti jumped out to a big halftime lead and the Tigers came back in the second half, but fell short.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:48 PM

It was cancelled because of severe out break of the flu.I didn't know what was going on with that situation but i know on monday at the j.v. tourney he got up and left the bench and acted pretty silly like the season was really getting to him.

-- Posted by porchswing on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:50 PM

CatDad...I wouldn't think Dexter would get the #1 seed in the Stoddard County Tournament. You played 2 and bar-b-qued in the Chrsitmas Tournament. You lost to Puxico even though it wasn't a "conference" game. You do not deserve the #1 seed. Come on.

-- Posted by paulm on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:50 PM

Porchswing, who forfeited, Clearwater or Van Buren? Or will the game be re-scheduled?

As for the seeding at the SCAA, I would still give Bernie the #1 seed, followed by Advance, Dexter, Bloomfield, Puxico, Richland, Woodland, and Bell City. Should be a fun tourney.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:55 PM

Not sure on either one sorry i know both will be playing in blackriver league tourney this week!

-- Posted by porchswing on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 11:58 PM

Has that tourney been seeded yet porchswing? If so, do you know what they might be?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:01 AM

South Iron-1,Clearwater-2,Winona-3,Vanburen-4,East carter-5,Lesterville-6,Ellington-7Bunker-8 this tourney is really top heavy to say the least.

-- Posted by porchswing on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:06 AM

Gotta agree with that porchswing. Looks like South Iron and Clearwater will meet for the 3rd time this season.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:11 AM

That would be the most likely scenario but don't rule out winona.I think the top three seeds will win thier districts you heard it here first!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:14 AM

Don't South Iron and Clearwater already hold lop-sided wins against Winona? What district is Winona in?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:16 AM

South Iron has not played Winona yet this year and clearwater beat them at Winona but it was a tied game going into the fourth before clearwater won by 12!Winona is in class 2 district 2.

-- Posted by porchswing on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:21 AM

Holcomb over Neelyville 64-41

Hayti over Caruthersville 72-65

Doniphan over Naylor 53-43

Delta C-7 over Cooter 61-47

Risco over Campbell 83-41

Kennett over Senath 60-19

Portageville over South Pemiscot 65-49

Malden over Bloomfield 64-60

Dexter over Bernie 57-56

-- Posted by bleachermania on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:24 AM

Ok thanks for the clarification porchswing. Good luck to all three teams.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:24 AM

Jackson will play Hillcrest for the Lindbergh Invitational Tournament tomorrow night. Good luck to the Indians.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:32 AM

paulm--didnt mean to strike a nerve,I was just throwing my opinion out there.Your right we two and Q at the BCT thats what everybody kepts telling us.But I just wonder how many wins any of the other county schools would have had if they would have started thier schudule with Charleston,Sikeston,Charleston again,Jackson and Jackson again I'm guessing 0.Once again i think head to head ganes should go a long way in the seedings Bernie goes to Advance beats them on their home floor and the Bearcats came to the Mule Barn and win a heck of a game. To me the seeds should be 1-Dexter 2-Bernie 3-Advance 4-Bloomfield 5-Puxico 6-Richland 7-Woodland 8-Bell City.Once again to the Bearcats and Mules WHAT A GAME!!!

-- Posted by CatDad on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:33 AM

CatDad, I think you're seeding are probably how I would seed them. Dexter definitely moves up beating Bloomfield and Bernie this week. All of the teams will have at least one loss to another conference team. Any of those first five teams could make some noise in the county. If i'm not mistaken, puxico comes to dexter tuesday night.

-- Posted by DexterResident1976 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:09 AM

Should've checked the time on that last post about Jackson. They actually play tonight for the LIT championship in St. Louis.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:27 AM

Jackson is coming into their own right now, that's an impressive win last night they are gonna be tough come district time.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:41 AM

Stlscott, what's the word on Hillcrest? Jackson is on a roll, but do they have a good shot to bring home the championship?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:44 AM

Hillcrest is a good ball club preacher, I think Jackson has a shot to beat them, and I say that with caution because they are very inconsistent, but they are playing good ball for sure now.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:51 AM

Saxony boys plays for consolation championship against Cobden Appleknuckers today in Chester, Ill. These boys sure have been improving all year and hope to get this win to roll into a tough week next week. I hope those players can "knock down some apples"

-- Posted by crusader on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:29 AM

Saxony boys plays for consolation championship against Cobden Appleknuckers today in Chester, Ill. These boys sure have been improving all year and hope to get this win to roll into a tough week next week. I hope those players can "knock down some apples"

-- Posted by crusader on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:30 AM

Hillcrest is an interesting team to watch. They have a ton of 6ft and under players who pressure the ball and are quick. Plus they all have a great 3pt shot. If they knock down their 3s it'll be a fun match up with the Indians.

-- Posted by semo501 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 11:11 AM

Good luck to Jackson and Saxony today as well as Risco playing Egyptian in the MLK Jr. Shoot-Out in Meridian, IL. Saxony has a couple of really good ball-players in Lake and Bohnert.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:46 PM

I was very proud of Caruthersville's effort last night. Even without Darrell, they played a very tough Hayti team close. They also don't have the services of Gooden anymore. He was a great lift off the bench for the Tigers. They will have to change the way they do things a little but overall, good game by them. They got down early but clawed their way back in the game. This team won't go down easy that's for sure.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 12:51 PM

Cheesehead, how many varsity players did the Tigers have last night? Did Coach Smith move up any JV kids?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 1:10 PM

Just 4 Vasity players Preach. Our starting 5 were: Sr Steve Rogers, Jr Jamal Johnson, Soph C. Trammel, Jr Tyler Grissom, and Soph Malik Monroe. Malik moved up from JV.We had a new guy #24 play off the bench along with one of the Pittman brothers, and Jeremy Grant.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 2:41 PM

Risco 39 Egyptian 38 end of 3rd at Meridian, Ill

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 6:53 PM

Risco 60 Egyptian 60 end of regulation

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:22 PM

Risco 69 Egyptian 66 final in OT

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 7:35 PM

Great win for Risco jpaawhite! Thanks for the updates.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:20 PM

Your welcome! Nice to win one their after a few years of getting beat up!

-- Posted by jpaawhite on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 8:48 PM

Anyone know the score to the Jackson game?

-- Posted by semolian on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 9:53 PM

Saxony Lutheran 60, Cobden 39 to win the consolation championship of the Chester Invitational Tournament.

Cobden's mascot is the Appleknucklers which has to rank right up there with the Hickman Kewpies as the strangest mascots of all time.

Also, Perryville defeated Valle Catholic 83-65. Still waiting on a Jackson score. Strangely, KFVS did not cover the game even though Jackson was playing for the championship of the LIT.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:42 PM

Jackson lost by 20

-- Posted by semo501 on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:50 PM

Do you know the final score semo501?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Jan 12, 2013, at 10:54 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.