[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (40) More threads Create thread

Congratulations JT Jones on your triple double
Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 9:03 PM:

I just wanted to give Sikeston's JT Jones a major shoutout for pulling off a triple double today against Lutheran-St. Charles with 16 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. It's been awhile since I've seen a kid in the area pull it off. The kid has been a star for Sikeston all season and this is another notch in the belt. Hopefully, he will keep it up.

Replies

Brett Thomas from Oak Ridge had 5-7 triple doubles his senior year in 2010-2011.

-- Posted by OAKRIDGEBLUJAYS on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 9:31 PM

Bobby Ray from Vanduser had 6-8 triple doubles his Senior year in 1962-63.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 11:06 PM

Much respect to JT Jones. Quite the accomplishment on any level of basketball.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 8:00 AM

Richard Forshee has been pulling down triple doubles since his 10th grade year.

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 8:03 AM

I believe that JT has definitely earned a atta boy for this accomplishment. I can't even remember the last Sikeston player to have triple double. Anyone else know?

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 8:27 AM

Katarious Harrington, '09 dawgz. This seldom used power forward went for 12pts while dishing out 10 dimes and crashing 11 boards in mop up work. A little known fact.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 9:59 AM

Yeah your not kidding about it being a little known fact, heck I was attending Sikeston at the time and I didn't even know that. You wouldn't happen to know what team he was facing because I may have been there and not realized it.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:28 AM

Haha just havn a little fun! Katman was the best dressed bench manager in the state!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:33 AM

See I should have known better but alas. Funny thing is I know the kid he just sold me a watch the other day but I didn't know his last name and it threw me off.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:51 AM

He's a great kid, i aint kiddn about his duds! Dude can style with the best of em!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 11:02 AM

Sideline--I saw JT play when he was in the 8th grade and knew he would be special. bluehjays---No disrespect to Brett but Oak Ridge isn't exactly Sikeston. Different level of basketball and I won't even comment on the level of basketball played in '62 and '63..

-- Posted by bulletman on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 2:04 PM

Jack Lake from Saxony Lutheran already has 3 triple doubles this season. All three against good teams too.

-- Posted by semohoops01 on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 4:52 PM

I hope no one ever accuses a Sikeston fan of thread jacking ever again.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 5:00 PM

Sideline did make the comment that he hasn't heard of anybody in the area doing it in a while so now I guess he knows.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 5:59 PM

I made a poor choice of words. What I really meant was that I hadn't seen anyone do it this year. I was in a hurry at the time. I wasn't trying to make it out to be a rare feat or anything, just that no one had said that someone had gotten one. Just wanted to give JT my congrats.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 6:02 PM

Sorry to the other kids mentioned in this thread, but JT's is more impressive. He is the post player of his team for one. Secondly, he is surrounded by teammates good enough to also achieve it meaning his chance is less likely. Lastly, the level of competition is way different.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 6:23 PM

Jack Lake from Saxony had a triple double against doniphan a few days ago. It was at least his third triple-double, and they all include blocks!

-- Posted by grizzfan93 on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 6:54 PM

Brian Patterson from Doniphan had 1 earlier today against Malden.

34 pts

16 rebounds

11 blocks

-- Posted by sm0723 on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 9:30 PM

Sideline---Look what you started!! HA!

-- Posted by bulletman on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 10:09 PM

Johnny Wayne Graviett from Canalou had 14 triple doubles when he was in 6th grade in '84.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 10:35 PM

If you have 10 blocks in one game you are either really really good or you are playing against some lesser competition.

-- Posted by thunderstick on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 11:08 PM

Thunderstick, I saw the game smo723 is talking about. Malden is a pretty athletic team, just very undersized. Their tallest starter is 6'1". They kept driving the lane though and Patterson just kept swatting their shots away. Brian was very impressive in the BCT. The kid can do it all including great ball-handling skills.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 11:37 AM

I agree preach i watched him this summer in aau with some good guards really good!Its a shame he doesn't have a guard like jimmerson or even hampton from south iron they would be in that district final against charleston.

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 11:53 AM

JT is 6'3" and he is aware that he needs to work on his ball handling skills. I feel confident that he will put in the hard work and make it at the next level as a 2 guard.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 6:38 PM

Big Papi, he is a legit 6'3. Some of the discussion people on here are talking about is him being the best player. Call me a homer all you want, but who can stop him? Wait, who HAS stopped him. You can double team him all night..he's still going to get his points.

JT will be a force at the next level. He has vastly improved on his outside game. He's working on ball handling right now. He will play at the next level.

The people that tell kids they won't be able to do this is what drives these kids. I heard on here that Kil'ron Coleman wasn't going to be good at the next level. Look at him now. Go ahead count JT out! Please do!!! That kid has heart and the skills to back it up.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 7:51 PM

Kilron is also playing at Shawnee. JT will prolly play at the next level but he will not be a force at that level.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 8:47 PM

BIGELW, are you saying that JT can't play at Shawnee or somewhere else and be a force?? How many times have you seen JT play? Just wondering

-- Posted by dog2167 on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 8:53 PM

I didn't say he couldn't play I said he would play at the next level all though I don't think he'll be a force. And Kilron is doing good I'm just saying he plays for Shawnee which if u look at the teams they have played and their schedule they play its not that tough.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 9:02 PM

Ok, I'll agree to disagree with you. JT will be able to handle his own next year. Also, Kil'ron is a very solid player right now. I don't care if he's playing at Shawnee. Count him out. He's competing and will play at another school in two years too.

-- Posted by dog2167 on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 9:06 PM

He would have to be a SF at the next level to be a force... I don't know if He will But its definitely possible

-- Posted by Sonic-The-Hedgehog on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 9:16 PM

Actually Kilron is doing better than any of the other guys that have come out of Sikeston although against a little weaker competion . And I will agree with u on JT being able to hold his own if he improves his ball handling and is able to guard other guards

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 9:23 PM

Sikeston players seem to be very team oriented both offensively and defensively . Holifield seems to put his players in a position to succeed , I think JT is a great high school player and will be successful at the next level.

-- Posted by Winner11 on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 9:42 PM

I don't think it's fair to judge the greatness of a high school player as how effective he will be in college Papi. The statement made was that JT was the most dominant player in the area this year, which he clearly has been. Changing the criteria to how JT projects doesn't add anything to this discussion about how good he is now. It seems like an attempt to steal the thunder of one of the best high school basketball players in the state by judging him on a scale he cannot even be properly measured by. Back off Papi and let the kid shine and we will see how he plays in college once he gets there.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 2, 2013, at 10:24 AM

Yah i agree bunk, he's just a jr, who knows what the future holds for him? When otto was a jr i thought he was nothing elite but look at him now!! Papi u do have legitimate points about his size and where on the court he'll be most effective at the next level. But lets just enjoy watching him while we got him!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 2, 2013, at 10:51 AM

@ Papi never said JT was as good as Otto my point was and remains that a HIGH SCHOOL basketball's college prospects are not what measures his success. That success is based on the individual numbers he puts up( in this case a triple double), the number of wins his team earns compared to their number of loses( at this point 11-0), and if that team has success in the postseason( JT and boys are working on that one).

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 3, 2013, at 1:09 AM

Papi was talkn bout me, bunk, but he totally missed my point. Just because i mentioned otto in same post he automatically thinks im equating their talent. Its obvious im only comparing their SITUATIONS. No way anyone coulda predicted otto would be startn as a frosh at gtown based on his talent as a jr in hischool. Same with jt, ya cant know how much he'll develop although i can guarantee he wont be startn at gtown. Ya happy now, papi?

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 3, 2013, at 9:36 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.