Semoball

High School Basketball Forum: MBCA/MoSports Week 2 Basketball State Rankings (New Class 3 #1)

Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:04 PM:

I figured the addition of the "New Class 3 #1" comment would attract a few more looks and comments. I think some of these records are a little off just so you know. Congrats to all ranked area teams.

CLASS 1

1. South Iron (7-0)

2. Scott County Central (3-2)

3. Drexel (4-0)

4. Glasgow (5-0)

5. Meadville (6-0)

6. Eminence (4-0)

7. Fair Play (5-0)

8. North Andrew (4-0)

9. Leopold (5-0)

10. Mound City (5-0)

Others receiving votes: Braymer, Ridgeway, Oak Ridge, Marion County

CLASS 2

1. Billings (5-0)

2. West Platte (6-0)

3. Bernie (4-0)

4. Iberia (6-0)

5. Salisbury (4-1)

6. Canton (6-0)

7. Sacred Heart (4-0)

8. Crane (5-1)

9. South Pemiscot (4-1)

10. South Harrison (5-0)

Others receiving votes: Hayti, Elsberry, Advance, Summit Christian, Osceola, Gallatin

CLASS 3

1. Madison Prep (5-0)

2. Maplewood (5-1)

3. Charleston (5-1)

4. Lutheran North (2-1)

5. Higginsville (4-0)

6. Fatima (3-0)

7. John Burroughs (4-0)

8. St. James (6-0)

9. Strafford (3-0)

10. Southern Boone (4-1)

Others receiving votes: Hollister, Caruthersville, Cuba, Hogan Prep, St. Pius X (KC)

CLASS 4

1. Sikeston (6-0)

2. Lafayette (St. Joseph) (6-0)

3. Mexico (5-0)

4. Duchesne (2-0)

5. Westminster Christian (3-1)

6. Liberty North (4-2)

7. Republic (3-0)

8. Center (4-1)

9. Hillcrest (3-1)

10. Moberly (4-0)

Others receiving votes: Webb City, Harrisonville, Grandview (KC)

CLASS 5

1. CBC (5-1)

2. Nixa (2-0)

3. Lee's Summit West (2-1)

4. Rock Bridge (2-1)

5. Blue Springs South (4-0)

6. Rockhurst (3-1)

7. Hickman (5-1)

8. ?DeSmet (3-1)

9. Liberty (3-1)

10. Kickapoo (3-1)

Others receiving votes: Hazelwood Central, Blue Springs, McCluer North, Ladue

Replies (24)

• Not surprised Charleston fell a couple of spots after taking their first loss. I am surprised that Holcomb is not getting any love in Class 2 and that Kennett is not getting any votes in Class 3 but Caruthersville is despite the fact they beat the Tigers head-to-head already.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:12 PM
  • Kennett's in Class 4 now, so not surprised they're not receiving votes.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:16 PM

Kennett is in Class 4 Preach.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:16 PM

Preach I believe Kennett moved to class 4 this year. It's pretty impressive looking a SCC's ranking, and then the records of the other teams haha. SCC just plays a tough schedule, and the people that do the ranking know you can not count them out

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:16 PM

Haha well let's all bash on Preach at once lol! Sorry Preacher!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:17 PM
  • Yep, my mistake, forgot Kennett moved up this season.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:19 PM

I said before the season (may have been on MoSports, can't remember) that whoever made the Final Four out of Charleston, Maplewood, and Madison Prep would win state and that those were the three best teams in their class. So far, the state voters agree with me.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:26 PM
  • I think Sikeston will win state fairly easily this year class 4 is really soft this year, now Charleston and class 3 is a total different story.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 5:28 AM
  • I think its interesting that four of the top ten teams in class 1 are in southeast missouri and one honorable mention. Should be very interesting come March because all these teams will have to cross paths to get to the final four.

-- Posted by swamie on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 7:12 AM
  • I agree Holcomb not even getting votes? That doesn't make sense. South Pem being ranked over Hayti when Hayti beat them head to head? Doesn't make any sense either. South Pem's record isn't even right. I would rank the local class 2 teams Bernie, Hayti, Pville, Holcomb, South Pem right now but that might change again tomorrow. They're all good teams and it would not surprise me at all if they all spent some time being ranked this season.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 7:47 AM
  • stlscott....after the Cape game, you said something along the lines of "Sikeston wasn't what you thought"... Change of heart now?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 8:12 AM
  • South Pem is over Hayti in this because these rankings came out before they played head to head. This shows South Pem being 4-1 with that one loss coming to Gosnell, Ar. They are now 5-2, with that second loss being Hayti, and the fifth win being Dyersburg, but again, both those games were after these rankings were made.

-- Posted by Shank on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 8:55 AM
  • Yes I do Rocket I have seen st joe lafayette and mexico play now, and not real impressive, and there isnt anyone in st louis in class 4 thats real good.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 1:19 PM
  • But I also will say this Sikeston played as good as I beleive they could against Charleston, I was told after the Cape game, by someone from my work that they didnt look nearly as deep as usual, and had trouble finishing games.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 1:21 PM
  • Ill also add that class 4 better be happy that Madison Prep isnt Imagine prep and in their class any longer, thats a good team.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 1:22 PM
  • The game of year in Semo is going to be Sikeston and Maplewood.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 1:24 PM
  • Madison/Imagine is a good team. Two Division I guards. But they lost two of their best post players to Soldan. Madison/Imagine will have to get through Maplewood in a sectional and then get through Charleston in a quarterfinal in Class 3. The drop down in class isn't exactly easy.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 1:31 PM
  • I'm not making excuses, but I really feel that the Dogs were looking to the Charleston game. They played a very good game in Rector, AR and against Blytheville. I think once they got a big lead on Cape, they relaxed a little. Cape pulled a little closer, but honestly, the game was never in question. I don't believe Cape got any closer than 9.

In regard to the Charleston game, I don't think that is as good as the Dogs can play. They only shot 46% (or so) from the field. They can shoot it better....but Charleston had something to do with that.

Regarding the game against Maplewood....I, too, think it will be a very good game.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 1:55 PM
  • I don't understand the "not deep" comment. We played 10 against Cape and 9 against Charleston with all getting significant minutes. Go figure....

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 1:56 PM
  • Well in all fairness alot of teams in class 4 play that many teams Rocket, how many points were scored after 5 or 6?

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 6:58 PM
  • Nixa played 12 the other night and had 7 with 9 points and above

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 6:59 PM
  • Billings over Greenwood 37-20 at half

-- Posted by Hornets on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 7:31 PM
  • What's the score of the charleston vs. meridian game?

-- Posted by pe-co85 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 7:44 PM

Charleston 96

Meridian 56

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 9:11 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: