[semoball.com] Login | Register
Post reply Read replies (12) More threads Create thread

MBCA/MoSports Boys Basketball State Rankings--Dec. 3, 2012
Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:13 PM:

I believe these records are updated through last Friday. I am not sure though.

CLASS 1

1. Drexel (2-0)

2. South Iron (5-0)

3. Scott County Central (3-2)

4. Glasgow (4-0)

5. Meadville (4-0

6. Eminence (3-0)

7. Fair Play (3-0)

8. Marion County (2-0)

9. North Andrew (3-0)

10. Leopold (3-0)

Others receiving votes: Braymer, Ridgeway, Oak Ridge

CLASS 2

1. Billings (3-0)

2. Salisbury (2-0)

3. West Platte (3-0)

4. Bernie (3-0)

5. Iberia (4-0)

6. South Pemiscot (3-0)

7. Osceola (2-0)

8. Crane (4-0)

9. Harrisburg (2-0)

10. Canton (3-0)

Others receiving votes: Portageville, Hayti, Elsberry, Tipton, Sacred Heart, Sturgeon, Advance

CLASS 3

1. Charleston (3-0)

2. Lutheran North (0-0)

3. Madison Prep (4-0)

4. Maplewood (2-1)

5. Higginsville (2-0)

6. Fatima (2-0)

7. John Burroughs (2-0)

8. Mt. Vernon (1-1)

9. St. James (3-0)

10. Hollister (4-0)

Others receiving votes: Caruthersville, Hogan Prep, Southern Boone, Cuba

CLASS 4

1. Sikeston (2-0)

2. Lafayette (St. Joseph) (4-0)

3. Mexico (4-0)

4. Duchesne (1-0)

5. Helias (1-1)

6. Westminster Christian (2-1)

7. St. James (4-0)

8. Republic (3-0)

9. Center (1-0)

10. Liberty North (1-2)

Others receiving votes: Hillcrest, Grandview (KC)

CLASS 5

1. CBC (4-1)

2. Nixa (2-0)

3. Lee's Summit West (0-0)

4. Rock Bridge (1-1)

5. Hickman (4-0)

6. Rockhurst (1-0)

7. Ft. Osage (1-0)

8. DeSmet (1-0)

9. Blue Springs South (1-0)

10. Kickapoo (2-1)

Others receiving votes: Hazelwood Central, Ladue, Liberty, Washington, McCluer North

Replies

someone that knows, two years ago when Scott city played at south pem didn't Scott city win 99-40? I think south pem was young then, they must have really turned things around in a big way

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:39 PM

Bidewell has just put in the work the last two years to turn that team around.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Dec 3, 2012, at 11:42 PM

Yes sportsnerd. I think it was even a bigger margin than that. I was thinking 98-25. That was with a very mediocre SC team. WOW! What an improvement they must have made. Bidwell has worked a miracle there.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:15 AM

I SMELL A BLUEJAY REPEAT IN CLASS 3!!!!!

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 8:41 AM

SIKESTON ON TOP .. THE USUSAL

-- Posted by SikestonBaller21 on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:06 AM

LU Tiger, I think a few teams have something to say bout that.lol. Where you been man?

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 9:25 AM

I think that South Pem's victory over Caruthersville is what seriously gave them the boost in the polls. With that said South Pem is still a team to keep an eye on in Class 2 District 1.

-- Posted by paulbd on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 3:03 PM

South Pem lost to Gosnell in the finals so their record is 2-1.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 4:00 PM

South Pem also lost to Hayti last night. Holcomb's only loss was to the "#4" team in Class 2 by 2 points in OT with 4 starters on the bench with minor injuries that couldn't be patched up, or fouled out, and does not receive votes? These votes always amaze me. If the open look from 3 at the buzzer goes down does that REALLY make Holcomb number 4, and Bernie unranked? I doubt it. No doubt that District 1 has 5 of the top 10 teams in the state, or at LEAST receiving votes. But then again, no use paying much attention to things that mean little in the end.

-- Posted by No sir on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 8:37 AM

@CHS2MRH....I was not going to post this year, until I read someone's post saying Sikeston was going to beat my alum by 20...lol! So I had to git back involved. How have you been though? I'm good. If we have to go through MRH to git back to Columbia then so be it...lol. Come back home CHS2MRH, the kids need good guidance like we had.

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 9:14 AM

Class 2 in this area has 7 really good teams in South Pem, Hayti, Bernie, Holcomb, Portageville, Advance, and Oran. Just look at it Advance and Oran had a really close game. South Pem and Hayti had a battle last night. Bernie played Holcomb into overtime and that was also a great game. It is going to be a dogfight this year and what is exciting is so many of these teams are senior loaded. So there is no "wait till next year" for most of these teams with the one possible exception of maybe Bernie who has a lot of juniors. It's going to be a fun year in class 2.

-- Posted by bootheelhooper on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 9:41 AM

A Borgia fan spoke,said something to our team while going to the locker room after our buzzer shot loss.

BORGIA FAN:"GOOD GAME BLUEJAYS, I'M GLAD WE DONT HAVE TO SEE YOU GUYS NEXT WEEKEND, WOOOO!!"

-- Posted by LU BLUETIGERS on Wed, Dec 5, 2012, at 11:45 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.